Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,938 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

This Is What Happens To Your Poop When You Defecate In A Plane's Lavatory. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / This Is What Happens To Your Poop When You Defecate In A Plane's Lavatory. (62061 Views)

In A Plane At 30,000ft & Pilots Are Fighting Like This, What Will You Do?(Pic) / The Cost Of Fueling A Plane From Lagos To London / The Final Moments Before A Plane Crashed In South Africa (Graphic Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is What Happens To Your Poop When You Defecate In A Plane's Lavatory. by MGab25(m): 1:21pm On Jan 24, 2019
If you've flown before, I can bet my right balls that you've at one time thought of where your poop finally ends up when you flush it. Or perhaps, how the toilet on a modern aircraft work? Aircraft lavatories have come a long way since the early days of commercial air travel. Early flyers used slop buckets, and WWII pilots tossed piss-filled bottles out of unpressurized windows.
[img]https://4.bp..com/-Nc03SQC7E78/XEjsxqVLZhI/AAAAAAAABRw/yNvErpkICwMOIvlDRCkidLP1ywiwyfN4QCLcBGAs/s1600/Poop%2BPost%2Bplane.png[/img]

Train lavatories still adopts this method of poop landing directly on the ground when you flush, but we sure are not here[on this post] to talk about trains - so back to our planes.
Airplane toilet has a machine that goes to waste management system and here we will be explained how it goes.

The Airplane Belly
[img]https://2.bp..com/-hj9XaL7w_Nw/XEjy1a-XxcI/AAAAAAAABSE/bi7WaOV-tBcM7OWdbt4bqzX50ao3OgrKwCLcBGAs/s1600/airplane%2Bbelly%2Bdiagram.png[/img]
Airplane belly is just one of several tanks found inside the plane. These tanks get filled with waste, through the use of suction. Pressing the flush button in the airplane's toilet is the first step of the process. Pressing that button opens a valve on the bottom of the bowl, which in turn exposes the contents of the bowl to a pneumatic vacuum.

The Suction and Holding Tank
There are two types of tanks in the plane - suction and holding tanks.The suction tank is the tank that the waste first lands the toilet is flushed. This tank can't hold a lot of waste. When the suction tank filled, the holding tank then takes up from where it stopped, thus the name.

The brain behind the invention

[img]https://2.bp..com/-3ZNkk_KiXQ8/XEj2ZLgSVJI/AAAAAAAABSY/IUN6I-RvrZoXJpLf3_T8B9xIW__Rgf32QCLcBGAs/s1600/Kemper%2BToilet%2BSystem.png[/img]
All innovators need to be remembered by name, and James Kemper is no different - he is the guy that invented the vacuum toilet system used in modern airplanes. He invented the system during the 1970s, with the system still being in use today.

The blue liquid used in the airplanes toiler system is called Skykem, and it works as a deodorant and purifying the waste. The liquid is non-sticky, which helps the suction process to properly "grab" all of the waste you drop in the toilet.

How The tanks Are Cleaned And Maintained

[img]https://4.bp..com/-dOKpDYnfZ4M/XEj20tWNuHI/AAAAAAAABSg/vmlvFFm66e8C0NN4nqfHYL_6sGFjvZilwCLcBGAs/s1600/Closed%2Bwaste%2Bmanagement.png[/img]
For every land the an airplane makes, there is always a crew with a lavatory service truck that hooks up with the tank and empties its content into the truck.
What happens to the excess waste that is poured into the truck? Unfortunately, that answer is a mystery.

WATCH THE VIDEO HERE: https://www.yugo.com.ng/2019/01/what-happens-to-your-poop-when-you-defecate-on-a-plane-lavatory.html

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is What Happens To Your Poop When You Defecate In A Plane's Lavatory. by MGab25(m): 1:32pm On Jan 24, 2019
This Post Was Made Courtesy of Yugo's Hub Blog

THIS IS HOW MEGHAN MARKLES NATURAL HAIR LOOKS LIKE>>>https://www.yugo.com.ng/2018/12/see-what-meghan-markles-natural-hair-looks-like.html
Re: This Is What Happens To Your Poop When You Defecate In A Plane's Lavatory. by CreepyBlackpool: 2:03pm On Jan 24, 2019
Are you totally and absolutely sure they still don't throw it down from the airplane undecided

95 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This Is What Happens To Your Poop When You Defecate In A Plane's Lavatory. by BruncleZuma: 2:30pm On Jan 24, 2019
Really homie?
Re: This Is What Happens To Your Poop When You Defecate In A Plane's Lavatory. by Ibcrown(m): 2:30pm On Jan 24, 2019
Noted!
Re: This Is What Happens To Your Poop When You Defecate In A Plane's Lavatory. by freemanbubble: 2:30pm On Jan 24, 2019
Isoright

Airplane toilet

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens To Your Poop When You Defecate In A Plane's Lavatory. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:30pm On Jan 24, 2019
This is interestingly interesting. cheesy

Some EXPENSIVE SH#T.

RIP BABA 70!!

Racoon:
cheesy Nice educative thread though I've never poo during flight.
Chief wailer, God will grant your heart desires soon.
Take heart, you are not alone in this.
Their is always a first time.
All the very best for the future with this!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is What Happens To Your Poop When You Defecate In A Plane's Lavatory. by Sirheny007(m): 2:31pm On Jan 24, 2019
sad

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens To Your Poop When You Defecate In A Plane's Lavatory. by Gmekx(m): 2:31pm On Jan 24, 2019
Unfortunately that answer is a mystery got me
Re: This Is What Happens To Your Poop When You Defecate In A Plane's Lavatory. by inoki247: 2:31pm On Jan 24, 2019
av bin wondering lately maybe they sell our sheet... I don't want to hear dat dey av started selling it to Yahoo boys cos nothing is impossible in diz country

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is What Happens To Your Poop When You Defecate In A Plane's Lavatory. by Ogaemmy: 2:31pm On Jan 24, 2019
shocked
Re: This Is What Happens To Your Poop When You Defecate In A Plane's Lavatory. by slayprint: 2:32pm On Jan 24, 2019
Wow,that is nice.

I make customized 3D phone cases,please check my profile.Thanks.
Re: This Is What Happens To Your Poop When You Defecate In A Plane's Lavatory. by anonymuz(m): 2:32pm On Jan 24, 2019
CreepyBlackpool:
Are you totally and absolutely sure they still don't throw it down from the airplane undecided

8 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens To Your Poop When You Defecate In A Plane's Lavatory. by freshngwaboy(m): 2:32pm On Jan 24, 2019
interesting piece of shit

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is What Happens To Your Poop When You Defecate In A Plane's Lavatory. by Ekakamba: 2:32pm On Jan 24, 2019
FORGET IT, KASHI GOES STRAIGHT TO WASTE PIPE AND FALLS AS RAIN ON NICCAS HEAD. grin tongue

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens To Your Poop When You Defecate In A Plane's Lavatory. by StFrankeinstein(m): 2:32pm On Jan 24, 2019
Nice piece
Re: This Is What Happens To Your Poop When You Defecate In A Plane's Lavatory. by Racoon(m): 2:32pm On Jan 24, 2019
cheesy Nice educative thread though I've never poo during flight.
Re: This Is What Happens To Your Poop When You Defecate In A Plane's Lavatory. by Imustreturn(m): 2:32pm On Jan 24, 2019
grin grin
Re: This Is What Happens To Your Poop When You Defecate In A Plane's Lavatory. by Ratello: 2:32pm On Jan 24, 2019
Nice piece
Re: This Is What Happens To Your Poop When You Defecate In A Plane's Lavatory. by Enuose242(m): 2:33pm On Jan 24, 2019
Educative
Re: This Is What Happens To Your Poop When You Defecate In A Plane's Lavatory. by mamaafrik(m): 2:33pm On Jan 24, 2019
yinmu,and who throw those ones i used to see on our farms

3 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens To Your Poop When You Defecate In A Plane's Lavatory. by bluefilm: 2:33pm On Jan 24, 2019
Chai, if they begin use the _shit do rituals eh, na multi billion dollar international company be dat o! grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is What Happens To Your Poop When You Defecate In A Plane's Lavatory. by ClintonNzedimma(m): 2:33pm On Jan 24, 2019
lol
Re: This Is What Happens To Your Poop When You Defecate In A Plane's Lavatory. by wagazala: 2:34pm On Jan 24, 2019
I used to think the planes dump the waste over the sea, desert or unoccupied island.
Also is it real one could get stuck in the suction? See it in movies but have never experienced it.

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens To Your Poop When You Defecate In A Plane's Lavatory. by enemyofprogress: 2:34pm On Jan 24, 2019
They've been using our shiiiit for rituals
Re: This Is What Happens To Your Poop When You Defecate In A Plane's Lavatory. by adecz: 2:34pm On Jan 24, 2019
Can this one handle black man's
akpu or eba garri shhit, wey don
dey belle for 4 days??

E fit block am, come cause
engine failure & plane crash ohh!!

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This Is What Happens To Your Poop When You Defecate In A Plane's Lavatory. by holadfikky(m): 2:34pm On Jan 24, 2019
Very nice smiley wink smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cost Of Flight Tickets From Nigeria To USA / I Trekked To Church Today And It Was Fun But Church Looked Scanty (Pictures) / This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.