Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,621 members, 7,823,719 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire (42821 Views)

Meet The Nigerian Female Billionaire Into Shipping / The Rise And Fall Of Online Retail In Nigeria / Meet John Collison, Harvard Dropout And World's Youngest Self-Made Billionaire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by abdulazeez1002(m): 10:24am On Jan 25, 2019

1 Like

Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by itiswellandwell: 10:24am On Jan 25, 2019
Hmm
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by Martinez19(m): 10:25am On Jan 25, 2019
dominique:
How come she was given only 20 years in jail while the ponzi schemer Bernie Madoff was given over 100 years? Her crime was greater imo. Not only did she swindle investors, she also endangered lives as well. She should have been sentenced to at least 50 years in prison
Women are given special treatment in the law. In fact, just accuse a man of rape without any evidence to back up your claim and the man would land in jail.

4 Likes

Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by Vicintonsh(m): 10:28am On Jan 25, 2019
.why jail her?
.she should be given more time to work on her idea jhur grin grin
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by Ogaga87(m): 10:28am On Jan 25, 2019
I wish they fit catch that MMM guy like this too

Shai!
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by ClearFlair: 10:32am On Jan 25, 2019
killercute16:
The biggest thieves wear suit and carry no weapons

Like Atiku

1 Like

Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by seunH: 10:38am On Jan 25, 2019
Nbote:
How she was able to pull off dis scale of fraud with d public eye on her still baffles me.. She was using bottom power jare.. Becos it's obviously only bottom power dan can make a man not use his brain well
Wallahi, me too was thinking. So any lady would just walk in, approach an investor and claim to have a machine that could achieve such incredible feat and without testing, re-resting, re-re-testing and verification you just drop billions of dollars!!!! Habaaaa, we no stupid Nah!! My brother there is more to the story jare!!!

2 Likes

Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by Lexusgs430: 10:40am On Jan 25, 2019
Money is a stranger...........
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 25, 2019
lol. What a smart girl she was
TechCapon:
she collected the money from them on one condition that she'll not tell them how the technology works. That's exactly what Steve Jobs was doing when he was alive. That's the beauty of technology. You have control over your investors
These conditions are good sha.
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by Lexusgs430: 10:42am On Jan 25, 2019
Ogaga87:
I wish they fit catch that MMM guy like this too

Shai!

Which of them ?...…

Mavrodi?.... Shebi den talk say hin don die?....

Nah how much you plant for MMM?...
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by Passionate888: 10:43am On Jan 25, 2019
TechCapon:
the woman tried but failed. 20 years in prison is not child's play
Do you know what you're talking about? The prison she'll be sentenced to is way different from the prison you watch in the movies.. It won't be a maximum security prison, no fence, no armed guards, etc. That's the type of prison they sentence all those fortune 500 C.E.O's to.
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by ITbomb(m): 10:45am On Jan 25, 2019
I would like hear from her first.

For reputable investors to stake money means there were initial successes.

Maybe she stepped on the wrong toes and powerful forces brought her to her knees

Never underestimate western media when they want to pull you down at all cost

Techcapon didn't carry out the investigation, he just reported what he saw from the media
seunH:

Wallahi, me too was thinking. So any lady would just walk in, approach an investor and claim to have a machine that could achieve such incredible feat and without testing, re-resting, re-re-testing and verification you just drop billions of dollars!!!! Habaaaa, we no stupid Nah!! My brother there is more to the story jare!!!

2 Likes

Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by Ogaga87(m): 10:47am On Jan 25, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Which of them ?...…

Mavrodi?.... Shebi den talk say hin don die?....

Nah how much you plant for MMM?...

before God who created me, I didn't plant a dime in it but was pained with the way gullible Naijas fell for him..

Somebody coming to tell me he is rendering help by pairing me and my gateman unknowingly.. Madness

1 Like

Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by einsteine(m): 10:49am On Jan 25, 2019
Dmpaul:
Wow.
And the self-acclaimed almighty americans were deceived by her.
How will you invest in a company without a proper background investigation?
No wonder they fall easily to yahoo boys.

As if Nigerians are not scammed.

Go read about the story yourself. It is not as straightforward as what was summarized here. It is not as if the product was fake but rather she overhyped most of the results as most business people tend to.
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by eluquenson(m): 10:49am On Jan 25, 2019
From grace to grass
It's sad
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by Lexusgs430: 10:49am On Jan 25, 2019
Ogaga87:

before God who created me, I didn't plant a dime in it but what was pained with the way gullible Naijas fell for him..

Somebody coming to tell me he is rendering help by pairing me and my gateman unknowingly.. Madness

MMM schemes still happening on Telegram app nah ....

We never learn ...
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by einsteine(m): 10:50am On Jan 25, 2019
dominique:
How come she was given only 20 years in jail while the ponzi schemer Bernie Madoff was given over 100 years? Her crime was greater imo. Not only did she swindle investors, she also endangered lives as well. She should have been sentenced to at least 50 years in prison

She has not been sentenced. She has not even been arrested.

1 Like

Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by soke02(m): 10:51am On Jan 25, 2019
What a man can do a woman can over do

1 Like

Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by ICAMETOWIN(m): 10:52am On Jan 25, 2019
She was a terrible liar, lied about theranos from day one.

Endangered people's lives with her unfounded claims and was vitriolic in attacking skeptical observers who questioned her.

sacked and replaced workers who raised eyebrows and one very important researcher committed suicide because of theranos' duplicity.
Hope she gets the jail time she deserves
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by seunH: 10:53am On Jan 25, 2019
ITbomb:
I would like hear from her first.

For reputable investors to stake money means there were initial successes.

Maybe she stepped on the wrong toes and powerful forced brought her to her knees

Never underestimate western media when they want to pull you down at all cost

Techcapon didn't carry out the investigation, he just reported what he saw from the media
Better!!!! If not, fear for catch me
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by sonature1: 10:55am On Jan 25, 2019
Dmpaul:
Wow.
It was a startup
When u invest in startups, background check can't save u. U need due diligence
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by banio: 10:58am On Jan 25, 2019
TechCapon:
the woman tried but failed. 20 years in prison is not child's play

So for 20years this fine lady won't have fun. Human beings are wicked. How can We deny this pretty qwash for twenty years. She will turn a virgin and can't give birth at the long run. Wicked people
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by seyigiggle: 11:00am On Jan 25, 2019
if this happens in Nigeria, she has made it for life.
our security and judiciary would only take their shares.

this is how we are been duped in Nigeria. they tell you buy this share, but that share..........
I remember Aims Asset Management
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by banio: 11:01am On Jan 25, 2019
Virtually all multimillion businesses involve fraud. From banking to insurance to oil and gas etc. If you evaluate all they do U will realise the inherent fraud in them.
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by Hintona(f): 11:03am On Jan 25, 2019
killercute16:
The biggest thieves wear suit and carry no weapons
They wear agbada and tell lies

1 Like

Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by Elthugnificent(m): 11:03am On Jan 25, 2019
Martinez19:
Don't mind him, Nigerians think too highly of themselves. Many even think that we can't be depressed. Many of them think that success is their birthright such that when they don't achieve it, it's their village people against them. grin
Wisely said.
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by owonikoko700(m): 11:03am On Jan 25, 2019
Dmpaul:
Wow.
not to forget, the American enforcement agencies get them bursted
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by U2ice(m): 11:07am On Jan 25, 2019
Patiently waiting for the movie

1 Like

Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by Kinjikitile(m): 11:08am On Jan 25, 2019
TechCapon:
TechCapon

She crashed from a net worth of $4.5 billion to $0. The sad story of Elizabeth Holmes, female tech billionaire who went from grace to grass. Now she faces 20 years in prison.

The name Elizabeth Holmes might not really ring a bell especially to those outside the United States. But trust me, she was almost as popular and influential as Steve Jobs. Everyone called her the “female Steve Jobs” and she began wearing black turtleneck sweaters just like Steve Jobs. She succeeded in pulling off the biggest fraud ever in the history of Silicon Valley. A crime that would have given her the death penalty if she were in China. Let’s look at how this promising young “visionary” tech billionaire made it to the top until it all came crashing down.

Elizabeth Holmes was a school dropout at Stanford University. Before that, she had come up with a great idea that would change medical tests forever. Her idea was simple, a small machine that can run many blood tests with just a drop of blood and do it much cheaper than the normal cost. With a single drop of blood, she said she could detect medical conditions such as cancer and so on. She was so convinced that her idea would succeed that she had to drop out of Stanford University and start her company. At just 19 years old, she launched her company called Theranos, a company that would change the world of medical science. She was always driving around with bodyguards and expensive black Audi cars.

ELIZABETH HOLMES

Then she began to source for funds from influential billionaires such as Larry Ellison, founder of Oracle, Rupert Murdoch, and many others. She raised billions of dollars by convincing them that she has the technology to make it work. They all gave her lots and lots of money. Elizabeth Holmes began to attract lots of attention from the media. Forbes estimated her net worth to be over $4.5 billion, making her the richest self-made female billionaire in America. Her company Theranos was worth over $9 billion. She was named one of the most influential women in the world by Fortune magazine. She even employed her boyfriend and made him the president of the company and second in command.
I don't get it .. she had all the money ,, she could have researched more to get the machine
Money is the only thing needed to get a technology ...
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by CharlesJok3r: 11:08am On Jan 25, 2019
She did an excellent job selling her fairytales and fantasies.
I knew Holmes was a scam. And she is not the only one into the decieving game, there are hundreds of sham startups in silicon valley that are getting seed funds from big blind investors. We see them always on Kickstarter app, they are all liars and dreamer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by TechCapon(m): 11:09am On Jan 25, 2019
Passionate888:
Do you know what you're talking about? The prison she'll be sentenced to is way different from the prison you watch in the movies.. It won't be a maximum security prison, no fence, no armed guards, etc. That's the type of prison they sentence all those fortune 500 C.E.O's to.
she committed fraud to the tune of billions of dollars. In China she would face death penalty and firing squad. She will be sentenced as a fraudster and jailed in a maximum prison. You need to read about the FBI. If FBI charge you for a crime, they'll make sure you face the maximum penalty.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Recover Funds From Accounts Of Deceased Loved Ones. / How Do I Receive Money Via Western Union Money Transfer/moneygram / Aliko Dangote & His Daughter Arrive Maiduguri, Welcomed By Govt Officials.Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.