Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,541 members, 7,823,371 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire (42820 Views)

Meet The Nigerian Female Billionaire Into Shipping / The Rise And Fall Of Online Retail In Nigeria / Meet John Collison, Harvard Dropout And World's Youngest Self-Made Billionaire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by TechCapon(m): 11:11am On Jan 25, 2019
CharlesJok3r:
She did an excellent job selling her fairytales and fantasies.
I knew Holmes was a scam from day one. And she is not the only one into the decieving game, there are hundreds of sham startups in silicon valley that are getting seed funds from big blind investors. We see them always on Kickstarter app.
many startups that fail are not sham startups. Technology is a thing of trial and error and many new technologies fail even from established companies

3 Likes

Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by TechCapon(m): 11:12am On Jan 25, 2019
ITbomb:
I would like hear from her first.

For reputable investors to stake money means there were initial successes.

Maybe she stepped on the wrong toes and powerful forced brought her to her knees

Never underestimate western media when they want to pull you down at all cost

Techcapon didn't carry out the investigation, he just reported what he saw from the media
why not fly out to California and do your own investigation? I'm waiting for the result grin
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by Passionate888: 11:15am On Jan 25, 2019
TechCapon:
she committed fraud to the tune of billions of dollars. In China she would face death penalty and firing squad. She will be sentenced as a fraudster and jailed in a maximum prison. You need to read about the FBI. If FBI charge you for a crime, they'll make sure you face the maximum penalty.
Have you heard of plea bargain? She won't go to a maximum security prison.
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by TechCapon(m): 11:21am On Jan 25, 2019
Passionate888:
Have you heard of plea bargain? She won't go to a maximum security prison.
it's possible she'll take a plea deal but I doubt they'll offer her any deal.
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by Nobody: 11:33am On Jan 25, 2019
killercute16:
The biggest thieves wear suit and carry no weapons

Yes, she is naive. The best thieves are in offices.
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:33am On Jan 25, 2019
Martinez19:
Don't mind him, Nigerians think too highly of themselves. Many even think that we can't be depressed. Many of them think that success is their birthright such that when they don't achieve it, it's their village people against them. grin
1st Rate Microbiologist grin

Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by TechCapon(m): 8:37am
MrDojo:
Too bad. Maybe her intentions were pure in the beginning, but Money!!! Old, sweet, and pure money corrupted her. From a billionaire to $0 shocked shocked Too bad!
her intention was pure no doubt. The problem was that when it wasn't working, she should have said the truth instead of telling endless lies to cover it up.
so we still have people like you on this forum that can still reason smartly, then there is hope.

not trying to flatter though, you guys are supposed to be ones vieing for elective positions in the forthcoming elections, not those characters that possess antiquated mentality.

1 Like

Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by Ranchhoddas: 11:37am On Jan 25, 2019
dominique:
How come she was given only 20 years in jail while the ponzi schemer Bernie Madoff was given over 100 years? Her crime was greater imo. Not only did she swindle investors, she also endangered lives as well. She should have been sentenced to at least 50 years in prison
Even moderators do not read before commenting?

1 Like

Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by bigpastor(m): 11:38am On Jan 25, 2019
Her boyfriend (not husband) was the president of the company.
Guess they have no children yet since they are'nt married.
They can both have their children in the prison.
I hope the husband be imprisoned too as an accomplice
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by TechCapon(m): 11:40am On Jan 25, 2019
hahn:

Just like Nigerians didn't fall for MMM and continue to vote for leaders that steal public funds and don't have access to basic infrastructure
very funny grin
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by TechCapon(m): 11:41am On Jan 25, 2019
Ranchhoddas:
Even moderators do not read before commenting?
how didn't she read?
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by Ranchhoddas: 11:44am On Jan 25, 2019
einsteine:

She has not been sentenced. She has not even been arrested.
Cc: Techcapon.
Na just indictment level dem dey according to the thread.
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by ITbomb(m): 11:46am On Jan 25, 2019
TechCapon:
why not fly out to California and do your own investigation? I'm waiting for the result grin
Give me visa nah, I go do am then text the result back to you. Me I go remain there in case you need further investigations cool

2 Likes

Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by TechCapon(m): 11:47am On Jan 25, 2019
Ranchhoddas:
Cc: Techcapon.

Na just indictment level dem dey according to the thread.
yeah. But she'll definitely be sentenced. There's no way this crime can be swept under the carpet
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by jaxxy(m): 11:47am On Jan 25, 2019
She was working on a piece of technology and the expectations where higher than the reality. I’m sure there was initial success bt the further research didn’t make head way as expected or promised after so much investment and the deception started.

She’s definitely not a con artist bt she knew it wasn’t going to be possible bt smtmes these people get way too optimistic and less critic about their works.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by TechCapon(m): 11:48am On Jan 25, 2019
ITbomb:

Give me visa nah, I go do am then text the result back to you. Me I go remain there in case you need further investigations cool
grin grin. We must enjoy this change together. You're not running anywhere

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by persius555(m): 11:53am On Jan 25, 2019
Billionaire steals from other billionaires to maintain her status.

Fraud pas fraud
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by Olulinks(m): 11:55am On Jan 25, 2019
Dmpaul:
Wow.
And the self-acclaimed almighty americans were deceived by her.
How will you invest in a company without a proper background investigation?
No wonder they fall easily to yahoo boys.
That was why I doubted the story a bit. How could very rich and educated white men donate to a company's claim of having such a solution to a problem without proper ground check? Is it possible?
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by goslowgoslow(m): 11:59am On Jan 25, 2019
Administration1:
Anything a man does a woman CAN/MAY do it better!
But it is over done.
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by Martinez19(m): 12:01pm On Jan 25, 2019
VeeVeeMyLuv:

1st Rate Microbiologist grin
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by TechCapon(m): 8:37am
MrDojo:
Too bad. Maybe her intentions were pure in the beginning, but Money!!! Old, sweet, and pure money corrupted her. From a billionaire to $0 shocked shocked Too bad!
her intention was pure no doubt. The problem was that when it wasn't working, she should have said the truth instead of telling endless lies to cover it up.
so we still have people like you on this forum that can still reason smartly, then there is hope.

not trying to flatter though, you guys are supposed to be ones vieing for elective positions in the forthcoming elections, not those characters that possess antiquated mentality.
Thanks for the compliment. If Holmes had good intentions, then it's certain that money made her fraudulent. She was gathering investors who gave her billions of dollars all together so the temptation was there. Besides, she dropped out of school to pursue this business and she was obsessed with being like Steve Jobs. I don't think she could stand sacrificing her education and dreaming so much for nothing.
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by dominique(f): 12:05pm On Jan 25, 2019
einsteine:

She has not been sentenced. She has not even been arrested.

But she has been indicted for fraud, she will definitely get arrested and sentenced. The article says she's facing a possible 20 years in jail. That's lenient considering the gravity of her offense

1 Like

Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by chineloSA(f): 12:08pm On Jan 25, 2019
killercute16:
The biggest thieves wear suit and carry no weapons

The biggest thieves are white

1 Like

Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 12:09pm On Jan 25, 2019
Martinez19:
Thanks for the compliment. If Holmes had good intentions, then it's certain that money made her fraudulent. She was gathering investors who gave her billions of dollars all together so the temptation was there. Besides, she dropped out of school to pursue this business and she was obsessed with being like Steve Jobs. I don't think she could stand sacrificing her education and dreaming so much for nothing.
you are welcome,
well said.

to add, perhaps she failed maybe because she was either distracted or was finding distractions.

she was attempting to disrupt the impossible.
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by Martinez19(m): 12:14pm On Jan 25, 2019
VeeVeeMyLuv:
you are welcome,
well said.

to add, perhaps she failed maybe because she was either distracted or was finding distractions.

she was attempting to disrupt the impossible.
Well, I can't say which is the case.
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by einsteine(m): 12:29pm On Jan 25, 2019
dominique:

But she has been indicted for fraud, she will definitely get arrested and sentenced. The article says she's facing a possible 20 years in jail. That's lenient considering the gravity of her offense

The article is unneccessarily sensational though. She was indicted for misrepresentation, abuse of office etc which were different offences from Madoff.She has not been indicted for endangering anyone's life. Madoff's offence included everything from mail fraud to stock fraud, to false accounting and embezzlement.

Some of the people in the well known Enron Fraud only got 5 years or thereabouts. So it depends on what offences the jury is considering.
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by Rubbiish(m): 12:35pm On Jan 25, 2019
dominique:
How come she was given only 20 years in jail while the ponzi schemer Bernie Madoff was given over 100 years? Her crime was greater imo. Not only did she swindle investors, she also endangered lives as well. She should have been sentenced to at least 50 years in prison
If they sentence her to 50 years in prison, wetin u gain??
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by delishpot: 1:13pm On Jan 25, 2019
Or the powers that be dealt with her? I Know for sure the big fish in medicine would NEVER allow such a device to see the light of day. Same way they would NEVER find the cure for cancer or HIV AIDS

2 Likes

Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by Awaja(m): 1:28pm On Jan 25, 2019
How can she deceive then with wrong medical tests results .
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by mechanics(m): 1:33pm On Jan 25, 2019
She had mind o, what a sad way to end up.
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by cherriex(f): 1:41pm On Jan 25, 2019
delishpot:
Or the powers that be dealt with her? I Know for sure the big fish in medicine would NEVER allow such a device to see the light of day. Same way they would NEVER find the cure for cancer or HIV AIDS

You sure know what you are saying, I saw only a few enlightened one's on this thread, a lot are educated but have minimal knowledge on how the world runs, from economy, inventions, inventors, rise and falls, politics and all, some have no idea, how moguls, cabals and even the FBI/CIA works, too many complicated conspiracies.if they plot your downfall,be it an individual, country and sect, consider yourself down, maybe she refused to play by the rules.
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by somehow: 1:56pm On Jan 25, 2019
Like MMM and voting PDP from 1999 to 2011?
miracood:
THATS WHY I TRUST NIGERIANS

THEY WILL NEVER GIVE U MONEY WITHOUT GIVING THEM PROOF OF WHAT THEY ARE PAYING FOR...
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by phase1: 1:58pm On Jan 25, 2019
Lol.. The stupid woman wan spoil market for American Medical Laboratory Scientists. How can you just come from no where and bring a machine that 'runs all test protocols and methodology'.

There are more 35,000 tests for diseases, yet you bring a small chip and claim it runs everything with just a drop of blood, doing that is just not yet possible. It's like saying 'one drug cures all ailments' in the world. It also reminds of fake chinese Quantum machine that medical quacks use to swindle illiterates in Nigeria by claiming it diagnoses every ailment by holding a piece of rod connected to a computer. Scam! Tell them to check for HIV with that same machine and you'll see them mumbling incoherently. grin

I followed it up at the early stage. I knew it was an elaborate scam when she refused to make the working principle of the machine public even to schools. No inventor does that.

Good riddance!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by somehow: 1:59pm On Jan 25, 2019
Welcome to the American unequal gender law
dominique:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Recover Funds From Accounts Of Deceased Loved Ones. / How Do I Receive Money Via Western Union Money Transfer/moneygram / Aliko Dangote & His Daughter Arrive Maiduguri, Welcomed By Govt Officials.Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.