Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:29 AM

Buying A Car For Taxify, Any Advice? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Buying A Car For Taxify, Any Advice? (3267 Views)

Man Takes Car For Servicing & Discovers These Animals In The Car (pics/video) / 11 Types Of Passengers That Are Most Dreaded By Uber & Taxify Drivers / Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buying A Car For Taxify, Any Advice? by Nobody: 1:25am On Jan 26, 2019
Hello guys, I'm in my late 20's, I finished school last year November and awaiting NYSC even though I wouldn't want to serve.

I plan to relocate to Lagos from the south, i have some money with me, I want to get a fairly used Toyota Avalon, register with taxify or uber and run part time as that will give me ample time to do some other businesses like online sales I want to indulge in.

Please I want advice from the house on the risks in this taxify business and the use of Avalon as a choice. (2006/2007 model)

Note: my budget in all is 1.6m, also, I love Avalon car.

1 Like

Re: Buying A Car For Taxify, Any Advice? by owelle22(m): 2:04am On Jan 26, 2019
Please go for corolla

2 Likes

Re: Buying A Car For Taxify, Any Advice? by CarGuideNG: 4:27am On Jan 26, 2019
vowsng:
Hello guys, I'm in my late 20's, I finished school last year November and awaiting NYSC even though I wouldn't want to serve.

I plan to relocate to Lagos from the south, i have some money with me, I want to get a fairly used Toyota Avalon, register with taxify or uber and run part time as that will give me ample time to do some other businesses like online sales I want to indulge in.

Please I want advice from the house on the risks in this taxify business and the use of Avalon as a choice. (2006/2007 model)

Note: my budget in all is 1.6m, also, I love Avalon car.

Hello Sir

One of the important profitability considerations in E-hailing ventures such as Taxify, is fuel economy.

In that regard, the 2006/07 Toyota Avalon with its 3.5l V6 engine may not be the best idea for such a venture.

Some of the smaller/leaner 4 cylinders with lower displacement figures may be worth considering, the Honda Civic, the Toyota Corolla, Hyundai Elantra, and so on.

1 Like

Re: Buying A Car For Taxify, Any Advice? by RZArecta2(m): 7:29am On Jan 26, 2019
No matter what, try and serve
Re: Buying A Car For Taxify, Any Advice? by Nobody: 7:31am On Jan 26, 2019
CarGuideNG:

Hello Sir

One of the important profitability considerations in E-hailing ventures such as Taxify, is fuel economy.

In that regard, the 2006/07 Toyota Avalon with its 3.5l V6 engine may not be the best idea for such a venture.

Some of the smaller/leaner 4 cylinders with lower displacement figures may be worth considering, the Honda Civic, the Toyota Corolla, Hyundai Elantra, and so on.

Oh, I never really thought of that, but I want the vehicle both for the e hailing and for personal use, I don't really fancy any of the cars you listed, how about Toyota camry ( spider)?
Re: Buying A Car For Taxify, Any Advice? by Nobody: 7:32am On Jan 26, 2019
RZArecta2:
No matter what, try and serve

Is there any hidden benefit I should know of?
Re: Buying A Car For Taxify, Any Advice? by RZArecta2(m): 8:12am On Jan 26, 2019
vowsng:

Is there any hidden benefit I should know of?
that taxify/uber you want to drive is one of the fastest ways of meeting your story changer. It's better to be prepared when they say bring your cv than to be sorry
Re: Buying A Car For Taxify, Any Advice? by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:13am On Jan 26, 2019
Never get a corolla, I repeat never get a corolla grin
Re: Buying A Car For Taxify, Any Advice? by Nobody: 8:37am On Jan 26, 2019
RZArecta2:
that taxify/uber you want to drive is one of the fastest ways of meeting your story changer. It's better to be prepared when they say bring your cv than to be sorry

Alright sir, but I never really want to work for anyone, I pray my story changer comes as a business owner or partnership.

1 Like

Re: Buying A Car For Taxify, Any Advice? by CarGuideNG: 8:42am On Jan 26, 2019
vowsng:

Oh, I never really thought of that, but I want the vehicle both for the e hailing and for personal use, I don't really fancy any of the cars you listed, how about Toyota camry ( spider)?

The 2007 Toyota Camry has a 2.4l 4 cylinder or 3.5l v6, the 2.4l, though better (in terms of fuel economy) than the 3.5l v6, may also not be the best idea for e-hailing.

1 Like

Re: Buying A Car For Taxify, Any Advice? by Ozonelayer123: 8:43am On Jan 26, 2019
Avalon is not, I repeat not a good idea for the business of taxify/Uber due to fuel consumption. Avalon indeed looks good but will not look good putting the money rightly in you pocket. With 1.6m you can get a Corolla or Hyundai. And I don't think Honda cars are better option. Go for Toyota or Hyundai product.

CarGuideNG:

Hello Sir

2 Likes

Re: Buying A Car For Taxify, Any Advice? by Bigsteveg(m): 9:37am On Jan 26, 2019
CarGuideNG:

The 2007 Toyota Camry has a 2.4l 4 cylinder or 3.5l v6, the 2.4l, though better (in terms of fuel economy) than the 3.5l v6, may also not be the best idea for e-hailing.
God bless for this info. However, am not looking at 2007 Camry 4 cylinder, Sport Edition for taxify but for personal use . What's your opinion on the car, general review .
Are you also into selling of registered cars?
Thanks a bunch
Re: Buying A Car For Taxify, Any Advice? by CarGuideNG: 9:47am On Jan 26, 2019
Bigsteveg:

God bless for this info. However, am not looking at 2007 Camry 4 cylinder, Sport Edition for taxify but for personal use . What's your opinion on the car, general review .
Are you also into selling of registered cars?
Thanks a bunch

No Sir, we don't sell vehicles.

We provide Vehicle History Reports to ensure buyers do not purchase vehicles with dangerous damage history.

For a comprehensive review of the 2007 Toyota Camry, post on
https://www.nairaland.com/4696641/official-car-comparison-recommendation-thread
The experts will do justice to it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

........ / Lamborghini Launch Most Expensive Car In The World "Veneno Roadster" Costs £3.3m / Nissan Xterra: Excessive Fuel Consumption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.