Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together (24325 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie And Lupita Nyong'o's Outfits Recreated By Little Girls / Chimamanda Adichie And Husband, Ivara Esege At Stanel World Awka. Pictures / Chimamanda Adichie And Husband, Ivara Esege (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by OgaGist: 11:50am On Jan 26, 2019
Two writing giants from Nigeria, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie and Professor Wole Soyinka met and took a photo which the former shared on Instagram.

Sharing the photo, Chimamanda showered the Nobel Laureate winner with glowing words.

She wrote:

You are, for me, a guiding light:

Your courage. The ease with which you inhabit your skin, speaking your mind, unburdened by apology.

Your kindness and humour.

Your utter coolness.

The urgent, terse poetry of The Man Died, the exuberance of Ake; your faith in possibility, in adventure, in progress.

Yes indeed, ‘the mindless ones are neither the total sum nor the true face of humanity.’

Thank you, Prof.

CNA

Gist from Gistmore - http://gistmore.com/chimamanda-ngozi-adichie-showers-professor-wole-soyinka-with-glowing-words-as-she-shares-photo-of-them-together

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by OgaGist: 11:51am On Jan 26, 2019

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by 7inches: 11:56am On Jan 26, 2019
I only see lovely chimamanda.

8 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by Eco99(m): 12:06pm On Jan 26, 2019

Prof that cannot get his clothes ironed

And celebrity writer holding something that looks

like wat ss3 girls usually carry around that can both be used for school in the morning and as purse in the night for club...

#Eco99#

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by TimiRume(f): 12:34pm On Jan 26, 2019
She is pretty, i wish more african women would wear their hair cool

14 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by jieta: 12:47pm On Jan 26, 2019
Eco99:

And celebrity writer that with something that looks

like wat ss3 girls usually carry around that can both be used for school in the morning and as purse in the night for club...

#Eco99#
yama yama human being.

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by BIAFRONIGERIAN(m): 1:33pm On Jan 26, 2019
I'll recommend her to Atiku for foreign Affairs ministerial slot come may2019.
We need somebody like her to clean up the mess bubu have piled up on our foreign image. undecided

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by Pavore9: 1:33pm On Jan 26, 2019
Two intellectuals.

5 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by keryj(f): 1:34pm On Jan 26, 2019
I love her outfit, although I can't wear it

5 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by hischoice(m): 1:34pm On Jan 26, 2019
Yet Nairaland's Ngozi and Wole wish one another nothing but peril.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by EarthKing(m): 1:35pm On Jan 26, 2019
Truly, real recognize real.
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by Phrankin(m): 1:36pm On Jan 26, 2019
Enticing
....... I'm referring to those pair of breasts the mgbeke clothes she's wearing could not hide.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by ORIENTATION101: 1:38pm On Jan 26, 2019
Brother wole e lo aso yin nau grin

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by NuclearReactor: 1:39pm On Jan 26, 2019
Truly Adorable cool
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by NuclearReactor: 1:40pm On Jan 26, 2019
BIAFRONIGERIAN:
I'll recommend her to Atiku for foreign Affairs ministerial slot come may2019.
We need somebody like her to clean up the mess bubu have piled up on our foreign image. undecided
Gbam, Seconded!!

7 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by staytravel: 1:41pm On Jan 26, 2019
cuteee nne oma
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by naturefellow(m): 1:41pm On Jan 26, 2019
Beautiful bag!
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 26, 2019
See as soyinka dey like who hunger dey fire...all this ppl wey bring buhari come power have dent their image

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jan 26, 2019
Because me I no get name, WS turned down my photo request at Heathrow 4 months ago.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by grandstar(m): 1:50pm On Jan 26, 2019
Chinua Achebe was her role model. He was a storyteller too.

Soyinka on the other hand is a wordsmith.

Who else could use the phrase, "powerful cabal" to describe Babangida and his clique when they annulled the 1993 presidential election? That phrase held everyone spellbound!

Who else would refer to the ex governor of Zamfara as a crossborder paedophile? The man's English too much?

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by femi4: 1:54pm On Jan 26, 2019
Eco99:

#Eco99#
echo...that's what you are. You ll never be a voice

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by BluntBoy(m): 1:56pm On Jan 26, 2019
Jarus:
Because me I no get name, WS turned down my photo request at Heathrow 4 months ago.

The man does not really like taking photos. You must be really adamant to force him into taking a picture.

Even journalists find it difficult to get him to take pictures after interviews.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by Witlee(m): 1:56pm On Jan 26, 2019
Eco99:

Who is this one
His unironed cloth is better than your destiny

#Eco99#
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by Witlee(m): 1:57pm On Jan 26, 2019
Eco99:

#Eco99#

Who is this one?
His unironed cloth is better than your destiny

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by perousd: 2:02pm On Jan 26, 2019
benromi:
Congratulations to all my last subscribers, let keep the sprite high.,DM or WhatsAPP me .
bros, you alone can wreck them na. na so you like us reach... Thank you.
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by oboy81: 2:03pm On Jan 26, 2019
keryj:
I love her outfit, although I can't wear it
Fool! Did anyone ask You? Utter Irrelevant Stupid Comment
See stupidity oh shocked

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by oboy81: 2:04pm On Jan 26, 2019
grandstar:
Chinua Achebe was her role model. He was a storyteller too.

Soyinka on the other hand is a wordsmith.

Who else could use the phrase, "powerful cabal" to describe Babangida and his clique when they annulled the 1993 presidential election? That phrase held everyone spellbound!

Who else would refer to the ex governor of Zamfara as a crossborder paedophile? The man's English too much?
Yeah yeah yeah yeah
But ode Note it was Not to impress but Just vivid description of what was On ground So grow up don't be a fool and Try and be 1/4 the man he was. You hear?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jan 26, 2019
Eco99:

#Eco99#

Great people have no time for little things

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by keryj(f): 2:12pm On Jan 26, 2019
oboy81:

Fool! Did anyone ask You? Utter Irrelevant Stupid Comment
See stupidity oh shocked

Sorry for coming here to disgrace urself, did i beg u for quote? I pray not minding ur business will not kill u dia

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews / Grace / When Tears Brings Yes ( A Short Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.