Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,465 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Business Of Baking Birthday Cakes And Wedding Dinners In Islam. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Business Of Baking Birthday Cakes And Wedding Dinners In Islam. (4010 Views)

Palm Wine In Islam / Family Planning In Islam / Artificial Insemination To Get A Child: Is It A Sin In Islam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Business Of Baking Birthday Cakes And Wedding Dinners In Islam. by aysha37(f): 10:57pm On Jan 26, 2019
Assalamu alaikum,pls what's the ruling on baking cakes and catering for birthdays,wedding dinners and other unislamic ceremoniesAs a baker when I bake cakes for birthdays etc I'm I sinning? The profit made from such business is it haram? I need answers from the sunna persective not bidiah jazakallah
Re: Business Of Baking Birthday Cakes And Wedding Dinners In Islam. by Nobody: 1:10am On Jan 27, 2019
Firstly, you came to the wrong place to ask this question, this is because we have a lot of individuals here that are bent on leading people astray.... A good advice would be, don't take anything anyone here says serious and contact scholars and students of knowledge, I can provide you with number if you need one...

4 Likes

Re: Business Of Baking Birthday Cakes And Wedding Dinners In Islam. by Empiree: 5:01pm On Jan 27, 2019
Does this ayah means anything to op?.

But Allah has permitted trade and has forbidden interest. Q2:375

Trade with non muslim even with enemies is not forbidden at all. But the trade has to be halal. Is this difficult to understand?.

If anyone disagrees, then, the same can be said of working for or with non-Muslim bosses and you earn your living by that. Trade was never a weapon against enemies or non-Muslims.

Even though the Messenger of Allah(saw) managed to conquer the Jews tribes, he still maintained business with them. He entrusted the management of his fields in Khaibar to the jews, with the requirement of profit sharing between them. (Muttafaqun ‘alaihi)

Even until his death, he never hesitated to transact with the jews. He(saw) bought something from a Jew on credit and he (saw) deposited his shield as collateral because he was unable to pay. This happened despite been archenemies.

You bake cake as your choice of business. It means this is open business to take care people regardless of faith. Don't be religious discriminatory. Please take a little step back and read Islamic history. People partronise your business to bake cake for them for birthday. Bake your cake and earn your money. It is halal. But at least thank God that you are concious of what you earn. Cake is food please.

Even if you are a landlady and you rent to people.. What people do for living is really none of your business. Rent money you collected is halal. The only time it becomes Haram is if the tenant is "gbelepawo". If you are a Yoruba speaking fellow, you should know what this means. If they do this as their main source of income to pay rent, not only is it Haram but illegal as well. You simply evict them bcus they use your house directly to do this dirty job.

4 Likes

Re: Business Of Baking Birthday Cakes And Wedding Dinners In Islam. by iamgenius(m): 5:50pm On Jan 27, 2019
^^^
Brother, go and sit down jare. You can even rent your shop to alcohol seller niyen abi?

Don't talk about what you have little or no knowledge about.

Sura 5 - Ayat 2
...and help one another in righteousness and piety – and do not help one another in sin and injustice – and keep fearing Allah; indeed Allah’s punishment is severe.

Let us fear Allah.

@aysha37, bro Abdelkabir has given you best advice. It's up to you.

4 Likes

Re: Business Of Baking Birthday Cakes And Wedding Dinners In Islam. by Empiree: 7:32pm On Jan 27, 2019
iamgenius:
^^^
Brother, go and sit down jare. You can even rent your shop to alcohol seller niyen abi?
obviously you are deficient in understanding. Did you read to understand my point or you judt have this irrational hatred for my comment?.

Does this mean anything to you?

Even if you are a landlady and you rent to people.. What people do for living is really none of your business. Rent money you collected is halal. The only time it becomes Haram is if the tenant is "gbelepawo". If you are a Yoruba speaking fellow, you should know what this means. If they do this as their main source of income to pay rent, not only is it Haram but illegal as well. You simply evict them bcus they use your house directly to do this dirty job.

Renting your house and renting your shop to gelepawo and alcohol seller is the same Haram thing. Do you think at all?. I know one of you would post without understanding.

You can't discern renting to someone who works away from home from renting to someone who used your space for business. Shaking my head. Do you need educational breakdown here?.

Lack of exposure dey worry you guys.

1 Like

Re: Business Of Baking Birthday Cakes And Wedding Dinners In Islam. by aysha37(f): 7:47pm On Jan 27, 2019
following
Re: Business Of Baking Birthday Cakes And Wedding Dinners In Islam. by aysha37(f): 7:48pm On Jan 27, 2019
AbdelKabir:
Firstly, you came to the wrong place to ask this question, this is because we have a lot of individuals here that are bent on leading people astray.... A good advice would be, don't take anything anyone here says serious and contact scholars and students of knowledge, I can provide you with number if you need one...
interested pls
Re: Business Of Baking Birthday Cakes And Wedding Dinners In Islam. by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 27, 2019
aysha37:
interested pls

Do you speak Yoruba?
Re: Business Of Baking Birthday Cakes And Wedding Dinners In Islam. by aysha37(f): 7:56pm On Jan 27, 2019
Empiree:
Does this ayah means anything to op?.

But Allah has permitted trade and has forbidden interest. Q2:375

Trade with non muslim even with enemies is not forbidden at all. But the trade has to be halal. Is this difficult to understand?.

If anyone disagrees, then, the same can be said of working for or with non-Muslim bosses and you earn your living by that. Trade was never a weapon against enemies or non-Muslims.

Even though the Messenger of Allah(saw) managed to conquer the Jews tribes, he still maintained business with them. He entrusted the management of his fields in Khaibar to the jews, with the requirement of profit sharing between them. (Muttafaqun ‘alaihi)

Even until his death, he never hesitated to transact with the jews. He(saw) bought something from a Jew on credit and he (saw) deposited his shield as collateral because he was unable to pay. This happened despite been archenemies.

You bake cake as your choice of business. It means this is open business to take care people regardless of faith. Don't be religious discriminatory. Please take a little step back and read Islamic history. People partronise your business to bake cake for them for birthday. Bake your cake and earn your money. It is halal. But at least thank God that you are concious of what you earn. Cake is food please.

Trade is permitted in Islam but not all trades.Birthdays are haram so is wedding dinners involving music n mixture of male n female who are not blood related.Selling alchohol is haram,since this is haram likewise I think making birthday cakes is haram too because we are helping in trangression.I've decided to stop baking for weddings n dinners.

2 Likes

Re: Business Of Baking Birthday Cakes And Wedding Dinners In Islam. by aysha37(f): 7:58pm On Jan 27, 2019
[quote author=AbdelKabir post=75173419]

Do you speak Yoruba?[/quoteNp I don't.I'm a hausa woman.
Re: Business Of Baking Birthday Cakes And Wedding Dinners In Islam. by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jan 27, 2019
aysha37:
Trade is permitted in Islam but not all trades.Birthdays are haram so is wedding dinners involving music n mixture of male n female who are not blood related.Selling alchohol is haram,since this is haram likewise I think making birthday cakes is haram too because we are helping in trangression.I've decided to stop baking for weddings n dinners.

OK, I didn't want to respond, but I have to, in order to clear up something....

If you are not sure what exactly the cake is for, no problem.... Or the cake is ready made and someone came to buy, then you don't need to be asking what is the cake for....but if u know the reason and it's haram, then u don't make cake at that moment.
Re: Business Of Baking Birthday Cakes And Wedding Dinners In Islam. by aysha37(f): 8:04pm On Jan 27, 2019
iamgenius:
^^^

Don't talk about what you have little or no knowledge about.

Sura 5 - Ayat 2
...and help one another in righteousness and piety – and do not help one another in sin and injustice – and keep fearing Allah; indeed Allah’s punishment is severe.

Let us fear Allah.

@aysha37, bro Abdelkabir has given you best advice. It's up to you.
Yes he has,I came across a topic on Islamqa website where Sheikh Abdulmanajjid stated its haram.So I wanted to search deep.I love baking and most of my customers are birthday and wedding celebrants.I know I'm going to loose most of them,but I'm ready to quit before I die feeding on haram.Atleast my heart will be at peace.

3 Likes

Re: Business Of Baking Birthday Cakes And Wedding Dinners In Islam. by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 27, 2019
aysha37:

Call ustaadh Najmudeen 08020962877, he understands Hausa.
Re: Business Of Baking Birthday Cakes And Wedding Dinners In Islam. by aysha37(f): 8:08pm On Jan 27, 2019
AbdelKabir:

OK, I didn't want to respond, but I have to, in order to clear up something....

If you are not sure what exactly the cake is for, no problem.... Or the cake is ready made and someone came to buy, then you don't need to be asking what is the cake for....but if u know the reason and it's haram, then u don't make cake at that moment.
Sure I still bake for graduation,eids,,walimas n lots more.Tnx
Re: Business Of Baking Birthday Cakes And Wedding Dinners In Islam. by aysha37(f): 8:08pm On Jan 27, 2019
AbdelKabir:

Call ustaadh Najmudeen 08020962877, he understands Hausa.
Ok tnx
Re: Business Of Baking Birthday Cakes And Wedding Dinners In Islam. by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 27, 2019
aysha37:
Yes he has,I came across a topic on Islamqa website where Sheikh Abdulmanajjid stated its haram.So I wanted to search deep.I love baking and most of my customers are birthday and wedding celebrants.I know I'm going to loose most of them,but I'm ready to quit before I die feeding on haram.Atleast my heart will be at peace.

As for Islamqa.info, I advice you stop using that site, the owner of the site saalih munajjid is a hardcore Qutubiy(a branch from the ikhwaanul muslimoon, muslim brotherhood) and the scholars of Medina have warned against him, he is at the moment in prison for his affiliations with ikhwaanul muslimoon.
Re: Business Of Baking Birthday Cakes And Wedding Dinners In Islam. by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 27, 2019
aysha37:
Sure I still bake for graduation,eids,,walimas n lots more.Tnx

Ash-shukr lillaahi...
Re: Business Of Baking Birthday Cakes And Wedding Dinners In Islam. by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jan 27, 2019
aysha37:
Ok tnx

Instead of Islamqa, use http://alifta.net/default.aspx?languagename=en, that's the official English website for the lajnatud daaimah of Saudi Arabia, it has fatwas of shaykh ibn baaz. Ibn uthaymeen and some other scholars of the kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

1 Like

Re: Business Of Baking Birthday Cakes And Wedding Dinners In Islam. by Empiree: 8:17pm On Jan 27, 2019
aysha37:
Your choice maam.. You are on your own sister. May Allah ease your affairs. But know that you are responsible before Him for what you declare Haram or halal. Since you know that according to you, birthdays are Haram, why did you waste your time asking this question here?

Where is your daleel that birthdays are Haram?. You said you want Sunnah preceptive. Where is sunnah evidence that birthdays are Haram?.

How do you determine people mixing at wedding parties are not related?. Lots of people are invited and obviously you can not control that just like the way ulama can't control Hajj mixing. The only time we can control separation of sexes is salat or organized Islamic lectures. You are a baker and you are partronised to bake for the wedding. Sister, what is your business with them mixing?. Is that what you are hired for?. If you want to keep deceiving yourself or allow people to deceive you, you are seriously on your own.

Is this baking business not better far better than working for someone else? You are independent as baker. You know what many sisters go through to find job and you want to allow uninformed people to tell you baking business is Haram?. Seriously?. Is this what Islamic education produced in this day and age in Nigeria or wherever you live?.

Let's break it down again. Baking business is halal. Wedding is halal. They patronize your business to bake for them and collect your money. Abeg, what is your business with their gathering please?. Did Sunnah tells you to go beyond duty you are hired for?. And now later you will be here saying life is hard bcuz you deprived yourself of halal means.

I am waiting for your evidence that says birthdays are Haram. Do please provide evidence from kitab and sunnah only.

4 Likes

Re: Business Of Baking Birthday Cakes And Wedding Dinners In Islam. by Empiree: 8:22pm On Jan 27, 2019
AbdelKabir:

As for Islamqa.info, I advice you stop using that site, the owner of the site saalih munajjid is a hardcore Qutubiy(a branch from the ikhwaanul muslimoon, muslim brotherhood) and the scholars of Medina have warned against him, he is at the moment in prison for his affiliations with ikhwaanul muslimoon.
grin grin you use the site and many of you use the site. Now he's not upon Sunnah. Erin pami. Was it not long ago you praised the website?. Just bcus he was jailed and Saudi authority is against him he's wrong, abi?.

Kontinu

I am not surprised. You have praised some scholars in the past but only to turn against them and accused them of being "misguided". I keep tab on you. I will be in this platform long enough in Sha Allah to see when you are going to denounce your newly recommended saudi website.

It is getting interesting

4 Likes

Re: Business Of Baking Birthday Cakes And Wedding Dinners In Islam. by Empiree: 8:25pm On Jan 27, 2019
aysha37:
Yes he has,I came across a topic on Islamqa website where Sheikh Abdulmanajjid stated its haram.
you are really funny. You said you are looking for "Sunnah perceptives" but you ended up saying a Sheikh said birthdays are Haram. Tell me, is the sheik authority in Islam?. What evidence did he present to back his point?.

Ignorance is evil. I just need you to know that.

2 Likes

Re: Business Of Baking Birthday Cakes And Wedding Dinners In Islam. by Empiree: 8:52pm On Jan 27, 2019
aysha37:
Your choice maam.. You are on your own sister. May Allah ease your affairs. But know that you are responsible before Him for what you declare Haram or halal. Since you know that according to you, birthdays are Haram, why did you waste your time asking this question here?

Where is your daleel that birthdays are Haram?. You said you wanted "Sunnah preceptives". Where is sunnah evidence that birthdays are Haram?.

How do you determine people mixing at wedding parties are not related?. Lots of people are invited and obviously you can not control that just like the way ulama can't control Hajj mixing. The only time we can control separation of sexes is salat or organized Islamic lectures. You are a baker and you are patronised to bake for the wedding. Sister, what is your business with them mixing?. Is that what you are hired for?. If you want to keep deceiving yourself or allow people to deceive you, you are seriously on your own.

Is this baking business not better far better than working for someone else? You are independent as baker. You know what many sisters go through to find job and you want to allow uninformed people to tell you baking business is Haram?. Seriously?. Is this what Islamic education produced in this day and age in Nigeria or wherever you live?.

Let's break it down again. Baking business is halal. Wedding is halal. They patronize your business to bake for them and collect your money. Abeg, what is your business with their gathering, please?. Did Sunnah tells you to go beyond duty you are hired for?. And now later you will be here saying life is hard bcuz you deprived yourself of halal means.

I am waiting for your evidence that says birthdays are Haram. Do please provide evidence from kitab and sunnah only.

2 Likes

Re: Business Of Baking Birthday Cakes And Wedding Dinners In Islam. by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 27, 2019
Remember what I told you op, we have many confused individuals on this forum that don't know their left from their right. So it's really a wrong place to ask a question. You can see clearly he doesn't know what he is saying, he is HARDCORE SUFI, so you can't expect anything from him except watering of religion as they've been known for.
Re: Business Of Baking Birthday Cakes And Wedding Dinners In Islam. by aysha37(f): 9:16pm On Jan 27, 2019
AbdelKabir:
Remember what I told you op, we have many confused individuals on this forum that don't know their left from their right. So it's really a wrong place to ask a question. You can see clearly he doesn't know what he is saying, he is HARDCORE SUFI, so you can expect anything from him except watering of religion as they've been known for.
yes I do
Re: Business Of Baking Birthday Cakes And Wedding Dinners In Islam. by dragnet: 10:31pm On Jan 27, 2019
aysha37:

Baarokallaahu feeh, may Allaah ease your affairs and keep you steadfast, Aameen.

Birthdays being haram isn't under contest but wedding dinners may not fall under same ruling which is why it is better you ask someone more versed in Shari'a rulings though the concept of "wedding cake" is actually frowned upon due to it's status as an imitation.

Don't bother responding to the person that just wants to engage in a back and forth but pretending to ask for evidences when the burden of providing evidence actually lies on them.

1 Like

Re: Business Of Baking Birthday Cakes And Wedding Dinners In Islam. by iamgenius(m): 10:45pm On Jan 27, 2019
aysha37:
May Allah bless me and you. You got the right answer from the website sister. Making cake is not Haraam on its own, but what the cake is made for. You don't have to ask your customers what the cake will be used for.

You're only responsible for that which is apparent to you. If it's for birthday it's totally not good to engage in it since birthday is Haraam on its own. As for the wedding celebration, there is nothing wrong in making cake for them.
And Allah knows best.
Re: Business Of Baking Birthday Cakes And Wedding Dinners In Islam. by iamgenius(m): 11:02pm On Jan 27, 2019
Empiree:
obviously you are deficient in understanding. Did you read to understand my point or you judt have this irrational hatred for my comment?.

Does this mean anything to you?

Renting your house and renting your shop to gelepawo and alcohol seller is the same Haram thing. Do you think at all?. I know one of you would post without understanding.

You can't discern renting to someone who works away from home from renting to someone who used your space for business. Shaking my head. Do you need educational breakdown here?.

Lack of exposure dey worry you guys.

OK brother, you said :"The only time it becomes Haram is if the tenant is "gbelepawo". you didn't say anything that is Haraam.

Which kind of exposure are you talking about o?
Re: Business Of Baking Birthday Cakes And Wedding Dinners In Islam. by Empiree: 11:03pm On Jan 27, 2019
grin grin

See bunch of confused people. She said she quit baking business bcuz of free mixing at wedding. She said baking for them is like "encouraging free mixing".

You (iamgenius) on the other hand said nothing wrong with baking cake for the wedding ceremony.

Who is confused here?

Again, where is evidence that birthdays are Haram?. She said a sheik said it is Haram. She didn't say Nabi (saw) said so.

I am wondering what Sunnah you guys follow?. It is obvious that you simply hate anyone whose manhaj is contrary to yours instead of looking for facts. Since you claim you follow sunnah, it only makes sense for you guys to provide proof from the Sunnah where it says birthdays are Haram. Onus lies on you not the contrary.

And I guess you guys have stopped romancing Islamqa website bcuz it no longer suits you, but the sister quoted owner of the site that birthday is Haram.

Talk about confusion

2 Likes

Re: Business Of Baking Birthday Cakes And Wedding Dinners In Islam. by Empiree: 11:09pm On Jan 27, 2019
iamgenius:

OK brother, you said :"The only time it becomes Haram is if the tenant is "gbelepawo". you didn't say anything that is Haraam.

Which kind of exposure are you talking about o?
so you don't understand Yoruba anymore?. Gelepawo in this context is pro.stituion. see why I said you people are clueless all the time?. I thought you know what gbelepawo means?.

In broad context however, not all gbelepawo are Haram. Some may be doing legit online business like blogger as source of income. This is fair. This is called Home Base Business. But I thought you understood gbelepawo in this context. We all know what gbelepawo is in Yoruba back in the days. Smh

I didn't have to be explicit for you guys to understand now.

1 Like

Re: Business Of Baking Birthday Cakes And Wedding Dinners In Islam. by iamgenius(m): 11:23pm On Jan 27, 2019
Brother, you do not know how scholars derive Islamic rulings. You need to go learn some things about that.
Why will she quit the business because of the free mixing? Is baking cake for those people the source of free mixing? If there's no cake in the event, will there be no free mixing?

It's like being a butcher and the people that came to buy meat from you were to use it for something which is Halaal on its own like naming ceremony or graduation etc. If the buyer then do anything haraam while engaging in something Halaal on its own, there's no blame on the seller.

1 Like

Re: Business Of Baking Birthday Cakes And Wedding Dinners In Islam. by iamgenius(m): 11:28pm On Jan 27, 2019
Empiree:
so you don't understand Yoruba anymore?. Gelepawo in this context is pro.stituion. see why I said you people are clueless all the time?. I thought you know what gbelepawo means?.

In broad context however, not all gbelepawo are Haram. Some may be doing legit online business like blogger as source of income. This is fair. This is called Home Base Business. But I thought you understood gbelepawo in this context. We all know what gbelepawo is in Yoruba back in the days. Smh

I didn't have to be explicit for you guys to understand now.

I understood what you said perfectly. Are renting shops to beer palours and churches also under gbelepawo?

1 Like

Re: Business Of Baking Birthday Cakes And Wedding Dinners In Islam. by Empiree: 11:29pm On Jan 27, 2019
iamgenius:
Brother, you do not know how scholars derive Islamic rulings. You need to go learn some things about that.
Why will she quit the business because of the free mixing? Is baking cake for those people the source of free mixing? If there's no cake in the event, will there be no free mixing?
brother wallahi you don't seem to even understand this thread. Instead of wasting my time, kindly go back and read everything cus you mixing things up. For clarity, she is the one who said she quit her baking business. You and others don't understand anything I posted.

It is you guys that are trying to Haram everything. Go back up and re-read, please

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Simple Evidence That The Quran Is Man Made / Quran Is The Only Unchangeable And Incorruptible Holy Book / Etiquette Of Night Prayers In The Last Ten Days of Ramadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.