Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,564 members, 7,820,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

ASUU Strike: Possible Way Out - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: Possible Way Out (1354 Views)

IMSU Stabbing & Suicide Saga: Nigerian Students And Campus Marriage, The Way Out / ASUU Strike Poll: What Is The Situation Report In Your School? / ASUU STRIKE: University Of Ibadan Terminates First Semester. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Strike: Possible Way Out by Markfedel(m): 4:54am On Jan 27, 2019
I won't really talk much here because I feel Nigeria student are just been relax and not been fair to themselves concerning this strike. Recall ASUU had a meeting twice with FG and the last meeting was a good one so far were FG approved the release of 163billion as reported but then ASUU had come out to state categorically that it does not collect money directly from FG, stating that those money as requested 50billion which would be released batch by batch are meant to get to council and tertiary institution directly calling out VCs and other to confirm their stand on this.
Now the ball is on NANS and students involved to make this fund available, ASUU has tried enough in this case and a next step by Nigerian student should be taken. I know back then in 2016 when batch A stream 2 had same issue with funding and NYSC was not ready to set a date for camp to be opened, it was the same graduate that made things happen and those money totaling 13billion was released to NYSC. Everyone involved was ready for the fight, calls was put through to the then Minister of Finance Kemi Adeosun, DG NYSC Major gen Suleiman Kazaure also had his side of it with calls to his line, CBN governor also got calls on this matter some even alleged that they had actually called PMB and other ministers and individuals involved and with due time things worked out and the fund was released June 13 we were all in camp and we thank everyone Mrs Kemi, NYSC DG, PMB and other. But then who were the hero here it was the PCM's who staged peaceful protest with placards in every part of the country, opened group chat cuz of this , called everybody involved Mrs Kemi, Major gen Kazaure and others, voice notes were gotten from this calls and shared on group chats, der lines were always busy with calls from PCMs they were professional in those calls and showed empathy towards the situation and everything worked out fine even without a professional body like ASUU the funds were released.
So I urge Nigeria student to do the same, help ASUU on this so u go back to school, the money has been approved play ur part let it drop to the necessary accounts to end this strike, make calls, create group chat to know updates, less than 18000 PCMs did that and was successful now we have over 1million Nigerian students, call Dr Chris Ngige and remind him,call Minister of Finance Zainab Ahmed call CBN Governor, call Minister for Education, Call Lai Mohammed, call ur VCs, even call PMB and remind all that der is no time and we would see how thing would work out, ask your elders 2013ASUU strike lasted for 6months, months are passing gradually and its looking like normal to you guys, play your part don't just sit at home and WhatsApp all ur day. Thank you all just my opinion
#mob pls move this to FP
seun, lala and others do the needful

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Possible Way Out by Egalitarian1: 6:50am On Jan 27, 2019
Gbam!
Re: ASUU Strike: Possible Way Out by PromixTuhh(m): 8:10am On Jan 27, 2019
Vote Sowore. ASUU strikes have persisted for years and nothing is going to change as long as those greedy old bastards are your leaders. They don't care about your future and their children don't study in Nigeria. Heck, Atiku owns a private university. Vote wisely.

Sowore for President!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Possible Way Out by Kazal999: 8:16am On Jan 27, 2019
Yes oo
Sowore for president..

I mean, we all no Pdp or apc can't do anything for us. But we keep voting them in expecting miracle.. Govt filled with godfathers.. Until we grow up to give chance for new parties and persons

Nigeria will never be good..

Fact...

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Possible Way Out by raphieMontella: 9:09am On Jan 27, 2019
PromixTuhh:
Vote Sowore. ASUU strikes have persisted for years and nothing is going to change as long as those greedy old bastards are your leaders. They don't care about your future and their children don't study in Nigeria. Heck, Atiku owns a private university. Vote wisely.

Sowore for President!

sowore is obviously the best candidate... but I will vote for atiku until sowore joins an able Party,, or his current party "expands"...

he has to understand that " This is Nigeria "...,, we are not yet an online country like the US where you can focus 50% of your campaign online and gain maximum electoral results from the campaign... He and his party currently do not have what it takes( both in popularity, money, and power) to project his force/campaign to the outreach of " all" Nigerians... so until that changes,, I will vote for atiku...

who I'm 100% sure is an improvement of buhari,, though not the best, but any improvement of buhari is an improvement worth welcoming..

enof said...shalom

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: Possible Way Out by PromixTuhh(m): 6:44pm On Jan 27, 2019
raphieMontella:

sowore is obviously the best candidate... but I will vote for atiku until sowore joins an able Party,, or his current party "expands"...

he has to understand that " This is Nigeria "...,, we are not yet an online country like the US where you can focus 50% of your campaign online and gain maximum electoral results from the campaign... He and his party currently do not have what it takes( both in popularity, money, and power) to project his force/campaign to the outreach of " all" Nigerians... so until that changes,, I will vote for atiku...

who I'm 100% sure is an improvement of buhari,, though not the best, but any improvement of buhari is an improvement worth welcoming..

enof said...shalom
This is the problem we're talking about. Why should we also choose mediocrity? You acknowledged that Sowore is the best candidate yet you want to vote for Atiku. It doesn't take anything special to win an election; if we collectively vote for a credible candidate he/she will surely win. Let's give Sowore a chance if we're serious about restructuring Nigeria.

Re: ASUU Strike: Possible Way Out by raphieMontella: 8:19pm On Jan 27, 2019
PromixTuhh:

This is the problem we're talking about. Why should we also choose mediocrity? You acknowledged that Sowore is the best candidate yet you want to vote for Atiku. It doesn't take anything special to win an election; if we collectively vote for a credible candidate he/she will surely win. Let's give Sowore a chance if we're serious about restructuring Nigeria.

you still don't get my point...

sowore's party currently is virtually an "online campaigning party"....

but majority of Nigerians are not " online"...

so instead of currently voting for sowore (which is in vain ATM) and giving buhari a chance to stay in power ( because voting for sowore = reducing the votes of buhari's biggest threat #atiku ) I'd rather vote for atiku who we all know is an improvement to buhari...until sowores party is able to project their campaign to all Nigerians...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: Possible Way Out by PromixTuhh(m): 8:43pm On Jan 27, 2019
raphieMontella:

you still don't get my point...

sowore's party currently is virtually an "online campaigning party"....

but majority of Nigerians are not " online"...

so instead of currently voting for sowore (which is in vain ATM) and giving buhari a chance to stay in power ( because voting for sowore = reducing the votes of buhari's biggest threat #atiku ) I'd rather vote for atiku who we all know is an improvement to buhari...until sowores party is able to project their campaign to all Nigerians...

Sowore is more popular than you think, don't be deceived by the media. Even the powers that be know how big of a threat he is, that is why they excluded him from the debate. Never underestimate the social media, that was how Buhari won in 2015. Voting for Atiku just to get rid of Buhari is not the right thing, we shouldn't always have to settle for less. Employ your folks to vote for Sowore, that's the way forward.

Sowore for President.
Re: ASUU Strike: Possible Way Out by CandiceJay(f): 9:12pm On Jan 27, 2019
Markfedel:
I won't really talk much here because I feel Nigeria student are just been relax and not been fair to themselves concerning this strike. Recall ASUU had a meeting twice with FG and the last meeting was a good one so far were FG approved the release of 163billion as reported but then ASUU had come out to state categorically that it does not collect money directly from FG, stating that those money as requested 50billion which would be released batch by batch are meant to get to council and tertiary institution directly calling out VCs and other to confirm their stand on this.
Now the ball is on NANS and students involved to make this fund available, ASUU has tried enough in this case and a next step by Nigerian student should be taken. I know back then in 2016 when batch A stream 2 had same issue with funding and NYSC was not ready to set a date for camp to be opened, it was the same graduate that made things happen and those money totaling 13billion was released to NYSC. Everyone involved was ready for the fight, calls was put through to the then Minister of Finance Kemi Adeosun, DG NYSC Major gen Suleiman Kazaure also had his side of it with calls to his line, CBN governor also got calls on this matter some even alleged that they had actually called PMB and other ministers and individuals involved and with due time things worked out and the fund was released June 13 we were all in camp and we thank everyone Mrs Kemi, NYSC DG, PMB and other. But then who were the hero here it was the PCM's who staged peaceful protest with placards in every part of the country, opened group chat cuz of this , called everybody involved Mrs Kemi, Major gen Kazaure and others, voice notes were gotten from this calls and shared on group chats, der lines were always busy with calls from PCMs they were professional in those calls and showed empathy towards the situation and everything worked out fine even without a professional body like ASUU the funds were released.
So I urge Nigeria student to do the same, help ASUU on this so u go back to school, the money has been approved play ur part let it drop to the necessary accounts to end this strike, make calls, create group chat to know updates, less than 18000 PCMs did that and was successful now we have over 1million Nigerian students, call Dr Chris Ngige and remind him,call Minister of Finance Zainab Ahmed call CBN Governor, call Minister for Education, Call Lai Mohammed, call ur VCs, even call PMB and remind all that der is no time and we would see how thing would work out, ask your elders 2013ASUU strike lasted for 6months, months are passing gradually and its looking like normal to you guys, play your part don't just sit at home and WhatsApp all ur day. Thank you all just my opinion
#mob pls move this to FP
seun, lala and others do the needful

2016A Stream 2 Corpers then, we fought the good fight and we got result. That period actually proved to me that we all can effect change in the affairs of this country if we set out to do it, collectively. And if only, students of now can put up that same attitude and commitment, I believe this issue will be resolved in no time and ASUU strike will be a thing of the past.

Where is Barongmj, Eaglevision, and the rest of the ever active/dedicated Ex-Corpers??

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Jamb Releases 2019 Result Check Yours Now / Help Solve This Chemistry Question / Students Will Protest ASUU Strike Nation-wide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.