Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

W.F Kumuyi Biography: Age, Family, Ministry And Everything You Need To Know - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / W.F Kumuyi Biography: Age, Family, Ministry And Everything You Need To Know (3898 Views)

Power In The Name Of Jesus (2) — By Pastor W.F. Kumuyi (Season 2) / Pastors Deny Their Ministry And Members To Evade Arrest In FCT / Pastor EA Adeboye: Biography, Age, Family, History Of Rccg And Many More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

W.F Kumuyi Biography: Age, Family, Ministry And Everything You Need To Know by danieljoel759: 7:12am On Jan 27, 2019
When anyone is mentioning the top pastors in Nigeria, the name W.F Kumuyi never escapes the mouth of many as he has made so much impact in ministry. In this article, we will get to see the life of this man, talking about his biography and every important aspect of his life you need to know, so sit back, relax and enjoy!

Who Really is W.F Kumuyi: Early Life
William Folorunso (The full of the abbreviated W.F) Kumuyi is a Nigerian Pastor and the founder, General Overseer of the Deeper Life church. He was born on the 6th of July, 1941 (77 Years old) into a full blooded Christian family in Osun State, Erin Ijesha.

As earlier established, he was born into a Christian family, but he did not become born again till he was 23 years old (in April, 1964).

Education Background
He had his primary and secondary education in Mayflower School Ikenne located in Ogun State where he finished and was employed as their Mathematics teacher just a year after (1962). He then proceeded to further his studies at one of the best universities in Nigeria, University of Ibadan where he studied Mathematics and graduated with a First Class Honours in the year 1967.

W.F Kumuyi Wife And Children
The Deeper Life Church Superintendent, W.F Kumuyi was first married to Abiodun Kumuyi in 1980, but about 28 years into their marriage, she died (2008) and 18 months later, he remarried another wife, Esther Folashade Kumuyi which came as a shock to most of his church members worldwide. His Wife Esther was known for her duty as the administrator of DPC in UK, and he made the wedding a "low-key" one. According to the Church Secretary by name, Pastor Livinus Nnadozie (Speaking about the wedding), he said

"Those who deserved to know were duly informed. If he wanted a high profile wedding, he could have done that, but he truly voted for a low key ceremony and we are happy about that"

He is currently blessed with two children, John and Jeremiah (The two are from his first wife) who are based in US. It was established that it was his sons that pressured him to take in a new wife as at then.

Deeper Life Church
The Deeper Life Church was established in the 1980's and was at first a small group, within a short period of time (1988), the church was already recording 50,000 members, but that was not a benchmark for him, he kept on pushing and today at the Deeper Life Church headquarters, there are about 120,000 members in attendance every Sunday service. Excluding the numerous branches the church has.

According to AFNET, Deeper Life Church has 500 branches in Lagos alone, 5000 branches in other parts of Nigeria, making it a total of about 800,000 members in Nigeria.

Alan Isaacson, a Jounalist took a deep study into the history of the Church and the Pastor, W.F Kumuyi before he came up with his book "Deeper Life". In the book, he wrote,

"The history of Deeper Life is very much the personal story of W.F. Kumuyi. He is a gifted man, clear-thinking and humble. He is a dedicated Christian and deserves the title “the man of God,” which his followers have given him. Since he was a young man, Kumuyi has devoted his time to reading and studying the Bible. He knows the Scriptures inside out, and has struggled to understand and apply them. As he shares that struggle and his love for the word of God, so people have been drawn to him for advice, or simply to listen. When he preaches, his message is clear, simple, and profound. Poor street traders who can barely read sit next to university professors, all equally captivated by the way Scripture becomes suddenly relevant to them.Pastor Kumuyi’s own Christian life developed because he took the Bible so seriously, and so the Deeper Christian Life Ministry has developed in the same way".

In Alan Isaacson’s own words, he “preached Deeper Life into existence.” His sermons were captivating, he wrote further that, “I would classify him as one of the greatest living preachers, giving a straightforward Bible-based message,his sermons thorough, and always personally challenging. He always gave a wide range of cross-references which were read in their context, supporting, clarifying and expanding his main points. He spoke clearly and authoritatively to the Nigerian situation. He dealt sensitively with African culture, but also made a firm stand in highlighting the points where local culture was incompatible with the will of God. While stressing the high moral tone which is one of the virtues of most African cultures at their best, he was at pains to specify those aspects of local culture which were unchristian and even evil. In this way he was not only concerned with some kind of personal holiness, but also genuinely seeking the wholeness and harmony of the community at large, where truth, honesty, and justice should be the predominant characteristics.

Achievements
In the year 2013, he was named by the Foreign Policy Magazine as one of the 500 most powerful people in the world, also his church gained recognition as the world largest megachurch

Source: https://www.musictori.com/2019/01/wf-kumuyi-biography-age-family-ministry.html

cc: lalasticlala, mynd44, dominique

Re: W.F Kumuyi Biography: Age, Family, Ministry And Everything You Need To Know by Atewo400(m): 7:32am On Jan 27, 2019
and how does this meaningfully contribute to our life and the economy of this nation
Re: W.F Kumuyi Biography: Age, Family, Ministry And Everything You Need To Know by GoodMuyis(m): 6:22pm On Jan 27, 2019
Even the 1st wedding was Lower key, no reception, and he (Kumuyi) still went to preach at a Follow Crusade meeting that same day he got married.

But this biography has some outdated details, like church-members and number of churches
Re: W.F Kumuyi Biography: Age, Family, Ministry And Everything You Need To Know by GoodMuyis(m): 6:26pm On Jan 27, 2019
Atewo400:
and how does this meaningfully contribute to our life and the economy of this nation

Follow Peace with all mean and Holiness

1 Like

Re: W.F Kumuyi Biography: Age, Family, Ministry And Everything You Need To Know by Atewo400(m): 7:01pm On Jan 27, 2019
GoodMuyis:

Follow Peace with all mean and Holiness
Without which no man shall see the lord
Hahahaha
Hey dude I was once a deeper life member but I deduced plainly that it is all a scam
Hey dude all those scripture he is quoting have u ever sought for their validity
Hmm
And moreover can u afford anchor university
Guy wise up

1 Like

Re: W.F Kumuyi Biography: Age, Family, Ministry And Everything You Need To Know by GoodMuyis(m): 10:54am On Jan 28, 2019
Atewo400:

Without which no man shall see the lord
Hahahaha
[s]Hey dude I was once a deeper life member but I deduced plainly that it is all a scam
Hey dude all those scripture he is quoting have u ever sought for their validity
Hmm[/s]
And moreover can u afford anchor university
Guy wise up

Am not from a poor background, anchor university is not expensive for the World Standard. I would have applied as a member and enjoy up to 20% off if the school has a Psychology Course.
Re: W.F Kumuyi Biography: Age, Family, Ministry And Everything You Need To Know by Atewo400(m): 11:11am On Jan 28, 2019
GoodMuyis:

Am not from a poor background, anchor university is not expensive for the World Standard. I would have applied as a member and enjoy up to 20% off if the school has a Psychology Course.
That means the poor are not to go to school
Ogbeni do u know that everything the church does should be mostly centered on the poor
Check luke4:18
So do u know that anything the church do that the poor can't benefit from is not worth being done

And I haven't still found where it was written in the bible that u should go into the world and build universities

My guy be realistic for once in your life

2 Likes

Re: W.F Kumuyi Biography: Age, Family, Ministry And Everything You Need To Know by GoodMuyis(m): 12:35pm On Jan 28, 2019
Atewo400:

That means the poor are not to go to school
So do u know that anything the church do that the poor can't benefit from is not worth being done
And I haven't still found where it was written in the bible that u should go into the world and build universities

You should be one to be sincere with your life. You asked me a personal question and then used the answer to insult those you cannot afford AU.

Formal Education is not Free/Cheap from Primary to Tertiary, that's why Government provide the public school, so as to subsidize the fee, at that there are few who cannot afford State-owned school due to high fees as compared to FG-owned school. The White Missionary that brought free education decades ago did it at the expense of some people somewhere, including their Government who need to reach the local Africans. Update your thinking with these

FYI, AU was not built with church's money, either from the offering, tithe or members donation. It was a Vision influence by a former President with the goal to produce morally upright graduates into the society etc. The HQ started it and invite Members who have investment capability to join, not talking about 200k or 500k investment.

Ogbeni do u know that everything the church does should be mostly centered on the poor Check luke4:18
Who are the poor if I may ask you? Zaccheus, Matthew, Mattias, Simon of Cyrene. Jesus has a lot of rich friends and followers. The poor the bible is talking about is not of material but of the spirit. What the bible says is Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven - Matt 5:3

So you what have you done for the poor, Heaven bear records of your deeds

Neither was it written that is a sin to build universities.

Open your eyes and read between the lines, someone who is not realistic will not want to study Psychology. Mind you am a working class, that I, stated I wanted to study doesn't mean you should take me for a ride
Re: W.F Kumuyi Biography: Age, Family, Ministry And Everything You Need To Know by Atewo400(m): 5:19pm On Jan 28, 2019
GoodMuyis:

You should be one to be sincere with your life. You asked me a personal question and then used the answer to insult those you cannot afford AU.

Formal Education is not Free/Cheap from Primary to Tertiary, that's why Government provide the public school, so as to subsidize the fee, at that there are few who cannot afford State-owned school due to high fees as compared to FG-owned school. The White Missionary that brought free education decades ago did it at the expense of some people somewhere, including their Government who need to reach the local Africans. Update your thinking with these

FYI, AU was not built with church's money, either from the offering, tithe or members donation. It was a Vision influence by a former President with the goal to produce morally upright graduates into the society etc. The HQ started it and invite Members who have investment capability to join, not talking about 200k or 500k investment.

Who are the poor if I may ask you? Zaccheus, Matthew, Mattias, Simon of Cyrene. Jesus has a lot of rich friends and followers. The poor the bible is talking about is not of material but of the spirit. What the bible says is Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven - Matt 5:3

So you what have you done for the poor, Heaven bear records of your deeds

Neither was it written that is a sin to build universities.

Open your eyes and read between the lines, someone who is not realistic will not want to study Psychology. Mind you am a working class, that I, stated I wanted to study doesn't mean you should take me for a ride

Haha now I have seen the pride and arrogance
Exibited by a deeper life member
To hell with your riches
Bleep off
Re: W.F Kumuyi Biography: Age, Family, Ministry And Everything You Need To Know by GoodMuyis(m): 9:04pm On Jan 30, 2019
Atewo400:

Haha now I have seen the pride and arrogance
Exibited by a deeper life member
To hell with your riches
Bleep off

Shame on you that you stated what you cannot finish.
Re: W.F Kumuyi Biography: Age, Family, Ministry And Everything You Need To Know by Atewo400(m): 9:17pm On Jan 30, 2019
GoodMuyis:

Shame on you that you stated what you cannot finish.
grin keep deceiving yourself in a delusion
Re: W.F Kumuyi Biography: Age, Family, Ministry And Everything You Need To Know by GoodMuyis(m): 11:24pm On Jan 30, 2019
Atewo400:

grin
keep deceiving yourself in a delusion

Re: W.F Kumuyi Biography: Age, Family, Ministry And Everything You Need To Know by Atewo400(m): 11:41pm On Jan 30, 2019
Re: W.F Kumuyi Biography: Age, Family, Ministry And Everything You Need To Know by GoodMuyis(m): 11:48pm On Jan 30, 2019
Atewo400:

www-nairaland-com.">https://https-www-nairaland-com.0.freebasics.com/4947542/crazy-things-religious-people-believe/2?iorg_service_id_internal=1646953538912597%3BAfrXxOQSxijQiwo1#74699721

FreeBasics, No wonder. AM sorry I took my time to responde to you

1 Like

Re: W.F Kumuyi Biography: Age, Family, Ministry And Everything You Need To Know by Atewo400(m): 11:58pm On Jan 30, 2019
GoodMuyis:

FreeBasics, No wonder. AM sorry I took my time to responde to you
Now I can see that pride is actually one of the characteristics of Christ and his followers
well thanks for challenging me
I will only learn to work harder
well dont forget pride goes before destruction
Re: W.F Kumuyi Biography: Age, Family, Ministry And Everything You Need To Know by xpmode(m): 4:16pm On Feb 05, 2019
Atewo400:

Now I can see that pride is actually one of the characteristics of Christ and his followers
well thanks for challenging me
I will only learn to work harder
well dont forget pride goes before destruction

guy you no well at all
Re: W.F Kumuyi Biography: Age, Family, Ministry And Everything You Need To Know by Atewo400(m): 9:12pm On Feb 05, 2019
xpmode:

guy you no well at all
prove?? grin

(1) (Reply)

Why Do You Celebrate Christmas? / Could Jesus Have Been A Black Man / Persecution Of Christians By M.U.S.LIMS And Others: A Wake Up Call

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.