Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

Could Jesus Have Been A Black Man - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Could Jesus Have Been A Black Man (3898 Views)

COULD JESUS HAVE PLANNED MY DOWNFALL MY STORY URGENT ADVISE NEEDED / Why Could Jesus Easily Keep The Law, But We Can't / Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could Jesus Have Been A Black Man by anticent(m): 9:41am On Jun 01, 2007
Of all the drawings i have been seen since i was born.Jesus has always been drawn and portrayed as a white man.Even black artist still draw him as white.Dont you think Jesus could be a black man.
Re: Could Jesus Have Been A Black Man by Horus(m): 4:15pm On Jun 03, 2007
Yes, Jesus (Yashua),was not white skinned. So many truths have been skillfuly re-written to suit Rome regarding the mystical Jesus and his pagan followers,  so many books and people burned from Early times.
In ancient times, including Jesus' time, the Arabian peninsula was considered part of what we now call Africa, not the Near East or the Middle East, but Africa. Christianity is frequently portrayed as "the White Man's religion". The truth is that most of the people in the Bible were people of color.
Only the white supremacists advocate that Jesus was White. The world has been presented with a White Jesus from the Roman Empire when Augustus was the royal leader around 31 BC-AD 14. The Euro-centric Christian world knows nothing about the real Jesus (Yashua)from the Tribe of Judah, the Ethiopian who spoke Aramaic. According to Hebrews 7:14, The Tribe of Judah from whence Jesus or Yashua, - (His Hebrew name) - came, is a dark skinned nation of people. Jeremiah 14:2 also states that, “Judah mourneth, and the gates thereof languish; they are black unto the ground; and the cry of Jerusalem is gone up.” The word black in this verse is qadar which means dark skinned in the ancient Hebrew language.
European is not only historically inaccurate, but profoundly alienating for non-Europeans. Some 20 million Africans were taken as slaves to the New World by Europeans between the 16th and 19th centuries, and images of a white Jesus reinforce the idea that Christianity is a "white man's religion".

[img]http://42.bloguje.sk/img/jesus_black2.jpg[/img]
Re: Could Jesus Have Been A Black Man by gbadex1(m): 5:45pm On Jun 03, 2007
Now a "black" man comes from the tribe of Judah? ROF LMAO - dude, do you know how dumb you sound?

ROFLMAO - so Jews are blacks. . .according to Horus!! cheesy cheesy

All hail, Horus a.k.a Homo Retardus!
Re: Could Jesus Have Been A Black Man by stimulus(m): 6:46pm On Jun 03, 2007
Horus:

The Euro-centric Christian world knows nothing about the real Jesus (Yashua)from the Tribe of Judah, the Ethiopian who spoke Aramaic.

Lol, how the Jews were Ethiopians (or the other way round) is a "fact" for ignorant Africans!  grin
Re: Could Jesus Have Been A Black Man by MILITIA(f): 8:34pm On Jun 03, 2007
Does it really matter what race Jesus is?
Re: Could Jesus Have Been A Black Man by gbadex1(m): 8:42pm On Jun 03, 2007
Abeg, help me ask am o!
Re: Could Jesus Have Been A Black Man by stimulus(m): 10:06pm On Jun 03, 2007
Lol. . . it matters. Actually, Ethiopians are Jews; and the "facts" have been skewed to dupe ignorant Africans like him. grin
Re: Could Jesus Have Been A Black Man by English1(f): 11:41am On Jun 04, 2007
I don't know what he would have looked like, but I'm sure he wouldn't have been the blue-eyed blond you usually see in pictures, as how many Jewish people in the middle-east look like that?!
Re: Could Jesus Have Been A Black Man by firstborn: 1:42pm On Jun 04, 2007
I really dont think it matters if Jesus was/is blk or white. I dont think He will like us to pursue that line of argument Himself. But i think and i believe that He is somewhere in between blk and white. So no race or colour or creed shld say that He is "theirs". And it goes a long way to buttress what i said b4. Jesus did not and will not like us to pursue this line of argument. He is my LORD, so is He the LORD of any white believer. He is definitely not a respecter of your colour, or will He ever be.
Re: Could Jesus Have Been A Black Man by stimulus(m): 1:50pm On Jun 04, 2007
firstborn:

So no race or colour or creed shld say that He is "theirs".

Amen! cheesy

The sad thing to note is that the push for a "black jesus" has not even cured the 500-year-old malady of those who worry about that shadowy figure!

The Lord Jesus Christ loves everyone - Black, White, Pink, Yellow. . . or whatever else there may be!
Re: Could Jesus Have Been A Black Man by jagunlabi(m): 2:03pm On Jun 04, 2007
Black or white,who gives a rat's behind,one way or another?
Re: Could Jesus Have Been A Black Man by Horus(m): 10:20am On Jun 05, 2007
I've been reading Na'im Akbar's Breaking The Psychological Chains of slavery. In this book, not only does akbar assert that blue-eyed blonde representations of God, Jesus, and other religious figures are erroneous,But that they are harmful to the psychological development of black, and other nonwhite people.
He goes on to state that if the superior being is represented as caucasion, then that leads blacks to aspire to be like the superior being. Blacks can never attain this (not even michael jackson) and thus sets up a perpetual cycle of religion imposed inferiority.
He also states that any representation of god as having human features does a disservice to mankind since GOD is limitless and does not need to be cloaked in white flesh to be acceptable.
Should we demand that all representations of religious figures (as caucasians) be banned for the mental health of our people,
Re: Could Jesus Have Been A Black Man by PoDeep(m): 11:10am On Jun 05, 2007
It dosen't matter, worship him for who he is to u & not because he's black or white.
And bsides lets try not to curse at eachother, this is the religion board.
Re: Could Jesus Have Been A Black Man by ishmael(m): 4:20pm On Jun 05, 2007
Thats a good question. Why not also ask if SATAN is black??
Re: Could Jesus Have Been A Black Man by youngies(m): 6:24pm On Jun 05, 2007
Jesus' male ancestors trace a line from Shem. However, ethnically and racially, they were mixed Semitic and Hamitic from the times spent in captivity in Egypt and Babylon.

Rahab and probably Tamar were Canaanites. Although Canaanites spoke a Semitic language, they were descendants of Ham through his son Canaan. Bethsheba, who had been the wife of Uriah the Hittite, probably was a Hittite herself, possibly a Hamitic Hittite, though scholars disagree on the precise identity of the "Hittites" in the Bible because historical records are quite scarce.

In the United States today the general view on whether someone is "black" is the One-Drop Rule -- if a person has any black ancestors he/she is considered "black", even with a clearly Anglo skin color, e.g., Mariah Carry, LaToya Jackson.
Re: Could Jesus Have Been A Black Man by Horus(m): 6:47pm On Jun 05, 2007
@youngies                                                                                                             
Jesus' male ancestors trace a line from Shem. However, ethnically and racially, they were mixed Semitic and Hamitic from the times spent in captivity in Egypt and Babylon.

Rahab and probably Tamar were Canaanites. Although Canaanites spoke a Semitic language, they were descendants of Ham through his son Canaan. Bethsheba, who had been the wife of Uriah the Hittite, probably was a Hittite herself, possibly a Hamitic Hittite, though scholars disagree on the precise identity of the "Hittites" in the Bible because historical records are quite scarce.

In the United States today the general view on whether someone is "black" is the One-Drop Rule -- if a person has any black ancestors he/she is considered "black", even with a clearly Anglo skin color, e.g., Mariah Carry, LaToya Jackson.
You posted very accurate informations here.
I know that you know the answer to this topic question:Could Jesus Have Been A Black Man?
Re: Could Jesus Have Been A Black Man by thesilent1(m): 7:43pm On Jun 05, 2007
Could Jesus Have Been A Black Man?

Horus, this is NOT what you have been asking the past few days o!!!!!!!!

and ANYONE can answer this clear question; YES he COULD have been black
Re: Could Jesus Have Been A Black Man by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jun 05, 2007
Considering where he lived, he wasn't white for sure.

He must have had a brown skin like the arabs!
Re: Could Jesus Have Been A Black Man by Horus(m): 10:35pm On Jun 05, 2007
Question : Why do every Movie like The 10 commandments, Moses, Ben Hur etc,etc, depict not only Jesus but everyone assocated with him as a white European person? So-called christian T.V. programs like T.V.N. & The World Harvest Network produce movie shorts, made for T.V. specials and they all show us a white European looking Jesus with long straight hair. Why don't they portray Jesus as he's discribed in the Bible?
Revelation 1:14-15 ; His hairs were white like wool, (Hum, Wooly kinda like mine huh?), and his eyes were as a flame of fire; (15) And his feet like unto fine Brass ( Hum, now what do brass look like? -White- I don't think so!!! ) as if they were burned in a furnace, ( Try this, take a piece of brass and burn it with fire and see what it looks like ).
Revelation 22:18-19 in part states If any MAN shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book. (19) And if any MAN shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. ( Don't this mean that even to portray Jesus as something he is NOT, is in essance taking away from this book , which means those who has lied about Jesus's apparence has lost their parts from the book of life and that the plague have been added to them written in the book of Revelation? (Hummmmm )
Re: Could Jesus Have Been A Black Man by br222: 2:06am On Jun 06, 2007
Someone has another thread on politics about is satan black same discussion so here was my reply!!

I don't think it really matters what satan was or what Jesus was. What really matters is what are you. Black, Brown or just African (.i.e. no colour),

good is always depicted as white and bad as black, I am not black, I am african, but you can call you and I black, thats your judgement, because the when the world shut their eyes and see no light (they see blackness) and they become afraid? whao!!!
Re: Could Jesus Have Been A Black Man by naijaway(m): 2:11am On Jun 06, 2007
Jesus is nigerian from my knowledge and I would think he was from anywhere in the southern or eastern region. I also think mohammed's manuscripts or something is currently in Nigeria because how come all these radical muslims in nigeria know what the middle easterns don't know.
Re: Could Jesus Have Been A Black Man by MILITIA(f): 3:33am On Jun 06, 2007
Yeah!  "made in his own image and likeness"  The shoe really fits! If Jesus is Nigerian, then "e go hard oh" The eye of the camel is really looking good!
Re: Could Jesus Have Been A Black Man by stimulus(m): 7:08am On Jun 06, 2007
br222:

good is always depicted as white and bad as black,

That is a sad recycling of an age-old misconception; and it is not true.

Have you heard of a "white lie"? I tried to make out its meaning and found that in the Azeri language, it means a "blatant lie!"

Have you also heard the expression: "black is beautiful"?

In some instances, you find that 'black' has often been expressive of some very manageable experiences; such as "he just blacked out!" Which would mean that he lost consciousness! Ask those who often lose consciousness by trying to pass off misleading info!

We all know what the expression "black sheep" represents - a person who is a disgrace and an embarrassment to his family or group. Black people who don't like to hear or read it have clamoured for a change in language where black is no longer black.

I wonder what would happen if they heard or read about the expression: "in the black"? I guess they would smile and forget about their quarrels; because that expression describes success! For example, I understand my boss when he says: "Good to know that we're in the black since the beginning of this month!" He's a white man; but he uses that expression to mean that our company has been successful and profitable since the year began!  grin

But then, there are other colours, too. . . so let's not cheat by narrowing this between black and white people.  cheesy

I personally haven't seen a "blue" person; but I think that when you see someone with blue eyes, you just have to appreciate the beauty it depicts in them. Or again, if you're ever called a blue-eyed boy/girl even though your eyes are as black as CAPO paints, then relax: it is only an expression that means you're highly favoured by someone in authoritycool

However, if we speak of someone appearing out of the blue, we're in trouble - because that would be quite unexpectedlyshocked

Let's come back home for a minute and chew on this one: if you get into a brawl, it won't matter the colour of your skin if someone gives you a black eye and leaves you beaten black and blue! Do I have to explain that one? 

On the whole, "Black" and "White" can also be cooperative terms that everyone welcomes; such as when we say: "I want everything in white and black!" That is, I want to see it clearly stated!

See? At least we can appreciate the fact that speaking colourfully can also mean that some would rather see themselves with a feeling of inferiority complex. Let's just put this racist discolouration behind us once and for all! It doesn't matter what colour anyone wants Jesus to be, so long as they don't lose sight of what He came to offer every person regardless of race: SALVATION by grace!!

Me, I be real Black Yoruba man. . . and my favourite food is amala! Don't ask what colour that is - just come home closer and enjoy it with gbegirigrin
Re: Could Jesus Have Been A Black Man by thesilent1(m): 8:20am On Jun 06, 2007
and my favourite food is amala! Don't ask what colour that is - just come home closer and enjoy it with gbegiri!

@ stimulus,

YOU ARE SUCH A TEASE!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

i am starving now!!!!
Re: Could Jesus Have Been A Black Man by br222: 6:07pm On Jun 06, 2007
Well done stimulus well researched,
Re: Could Jesus Have Been A Black Man by MP007(m): 6:26pm On Jun 06, 2007
reasons why he couldnt have been a black man

1) he was never late

2) didnt talk too much

3) and above all, he was an isrealite
Re: Could Jesus Have Been A Black Man by Horus(m): 6:49pm On Jun 06, 2007
3) and above all,  he was an isrealite
Blacks, authentic Israelites
Nobody had the right to start a church after Jesus left. They gathered in synagogues then, and still should now. We Negroes, Africans, are not gentiles like Paul and Luke – we are the once lost but now found (through DNA testing and the Y-chromosome which has been found all over Africa). First look up Black Jews then Lemba and see who we are: http://www.mindspring.com/~jaypsand/lemba.htm

God’s chosen people! Israel, that’s us! Jesus instructed his disciples to continue spreading his doctrine until one would come to finish what he started. He instructed his disciples to go seek out and find “the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel, the Tribe of Judah only.” (Matthew 10:6, 15:24) According to John 9:22 Yashu’a “Jesus” said “the Tribe of Judah” (as they interpret it as Jews, a name first used in 1514 A.D.) “will be cast out of the synagogue.” It (Jew) is not in the real Bible. The first time you see it in your newly translated Bible is Esther 2:5 and you won’t find God anywhere in that book.

[img]http://www.mindspring.com/~jaypsand/lemba3.jpg[/img]
[b]Professor Mathiva of the Northern Province of South Africa, President of the Lemba Cultural Association. Mathiva literally wrote the book on the Lemba, one that strongly asserts the Lemba's ancient Jewish origin.
[/b]Sources: http://www.mindspring.com/~jaypsand/lemba.htm
Re: Could Jesus Have Been A Black Man by thesilent1(m): 8:59pm On Jun 06, 2007
finally! a real picture of the "black Jesus"
Re: Could Jesus Have Been A Black Man by dakmanzero(m): 10:46am On Jun 10, 2007
Jesus a black man.

What a load of bullshit

Hebrews are not black. Not white either. So stop all this nonsense.

Black jesus my arse.

You should ask yourself- was SATAN a black man? burnt BLACK by the[b] fires of hell![/b] (of course satan wasnt a man at all. He was an Angel. And we all know Angels are fine white boys in shining white robes with shining white lights over their heads and bright beautiful golden blonde hair!)
Re: Could Jesus Have Been A Black Man by twftextra(m): 2:05pm On Jan 08, 2009
I have actually watched a film that a black man was used as Jesus, anyway Jesus was born an Israeli, I don't think, he is a black man, apart from the fact that people tend to portray anything black as being bad, BUT not all that is white is good!!!
Re: Could Jesus Have Been A Black Man by tpia: 11:02pm On Jan 08, 2009
Re: Could Jesus Have Been A Black Man by Magz(m): 11:56pm On Jan 08, 2009
Now a "black" man comes from the tribe of Judah? ROF LMAO - dude, do you know how dumb you sound?

ROFLMAO - so Jews are blacksaccording to Horus!!

All hail, Horus a.k.a Homo Retardus!

Yes man!! Do you know who Halie Selassie I was?? Do you know anything about Rastafarian culture

twftextra:

anyway Jesus was born an Israeli, I don't think, he is a black man,

Israel as we know did not exist in those Biblical times though, right? That land was stolen from the Palestinians (dark-skinned people). That is why they are fighting the Israelis right now in the Gaza strip; because the land rightfully belongs to the colored man there. You know?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sexuality / Fornication Is Not A Sin / Another Christian Fallacy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.