Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,394 members, 7,861,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:23 AM

Lionel Messi Is Better Than Diego Maradona - Sir Alex Ferguson - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Is Better Than Diego Maradona - Sir Alex Ferguson (398 Views)

Diego Maradona Before Argentina Game Vs After Argentina Game Yesterday(photos) / Photo Of Diego Maradona Crying After Argentina Lost 3-0 To Croatia / Sir Alex Ferguson In Intensive Care After Brain Sugery As Sympathy Floods In(Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lionel Messi Is Better Than Diego Maradona - Sir Alex Ferguson by Newsblenda(m): 9:28pm On Jan 27, 2019
Last week, Hugh McIlvanney sadly passed away, aged 84, and in an interview with The Times, Sir Alex revealed his heated debate with him over Lionel Messi and Diego Maradona.

Who's considered the greatest between the two Argentinean icons?

Well, Sir Alex argues Messi while Hugh McIlvanney sides with Maradona.

"Something similar happened at a Sunday Times lunch, when with rising intensity Hugh and Graeme Souness debated whether Lionel Messi (Souness's call) is greater than Diego Maradona (Hugh's)," Jonathan Northcroft writes.

"An exasperated Souness had to finally beseech: 'Look, I played against Maradona five times and I'm telling you - Messi.' Hugh growled back: 'I don't care who you played against. It's Diego.'"

Sir Alex weighed in by agreeing with ex-Liverpool hero Graeme Souness.

"Told of this, 'I would side with Souness on that one,' says Ferguson. 'Maradona's career at the very top was only a few years.'

"But I can imagine Hugh's response. 'You don't ******* know what you're talking about!' While blowing a big puff of smoke in your face, lighting another stogie and speaking with that wonderful, rasping voice."

Click Here To Read More: http://newsblenda.com/post/football/lionel-messi-is-better-than-diego-maradona-sir-alex-ferguson.html

Re: Lionel Messi Is Better Than Diego Maradona - Sir Alex Ferguson by ceejayMAX(m): 9:33pm On Jan 27, 2019
Nor be today things.every one knows he is the main GOAT.even that rap**t knows

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Why Did Manchester United Fans Hate Fellaini So Much? / How Predictability And Obstinacy Of Maurizio Sarri Is Killing Chelsea / How Solari Has Turned Things Around At Madrid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.