Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,521 members, 7,836,991 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

JAMB Makes N1.3 Billion In One Week, Suspends 9 CBT Centres Over Illegal Activit - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Makes N1.3 Billion In One Week, Suspends 9 CBT Centres Over Illegal Activit (16682 Views)

JAMB Sanctions 11 Registration Centres Over Extortion / JAMB Deregisters 14 CBT Centres Over Alleged Fraud As 157,000 Candidates Take Mo / JAMB Makes N8.5 Billion From 2018 Admission Forms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAMB Makes N1.3 Billion In One Week, Suspends 9 CBT Centres Over Illegal Activit by ultimateprof: 9:58pm On Jan 28, 2019
See money, upon the hardship in this country people still want to go to school. PDP members formed APC, now some of you are saying up APC. It's still the same PDP that is still rulling Nigeria in the name of APC. Let us vote wisely this time around. Don't vote party, vote for individual credibility. I stand with Atiku, Buhari is wicked simple.
Re: JAMB Makes N1.3 Billion In One Week, Suspends 9 CBT Centres Over Illegal Activit by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jan 28, 2019
sogodihno:
1.3 billion in one week? chai! do u know that this Money is more than the amount PDP remitted throughout thier 16 years.

it shall not be well with anybody that tell me to vote for PDP again.

PDP die die die die.

Party of looters and yam eater. we will bury u all in FeBuhary.

God will never answer such prayers because the looters in PDP are in APC. Same old wine in a new bottle

1 Like

Re: JAMB Makes N1.3 Billion In One Week, Suspends 9 CBT Centres Over Illegal Activit by deolumike(m): 10:01pm On Jan 28, 2019
Chai!

How much was JAMB remitting under the previous administration

Meagre N50M. Chai! They really looted.

PDP. Evil party.
Re: JAMB Makes N1.3 Billion In One Week, Suspends 9 CBT Centres Over Illegal Activit by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 28, 2019
Felixv:

I must confess that I don't really understand much of what you wrote -but one thing I want to ask is -why did buhari have to bail out state governors who couldn't pay the salaries of their workers -

how much money did Nigeria make during the pdp era --don't forget oil was sold for over $100 a barrel

which type of infrastructure did the pdp leave their beloved country --how many roads,railways,airports were fixed

how much was in the external reserve when Jonathan took over and how much did he leave there.

how much was found in Jonathan's wife's account,how much was found in diezani alison-madueke' account,how much money did dasuki sambo spread across the nation while he was pretending to be father xmas.

how many local governments were under the control of BH during the jonathan's era

the list can go on and on..

so to your prayer, I keep money in the bank,and I don't go to clubs buying champagne nor do I wash my hands with alcohol --so basically I cut my coat according to my size.

It took me almost 10yrs to build my bungalow in badore...yes 10yrs of hard labor. And I have worked all over the world.

Forget the dude jare. most of these guys are used to fraudulent money, you will see a civil Servant with a salary of 130k monthly spending over 500k weekly during GEJ era,

Buhari dey make sense jare grin , Nigeria must be fixed

3 Likes

Re: JAMB Makes N1.3 Billion In One Week, Suspends 9 CBT Centres Over Illegal Activit by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 28, 2019
siralos135:
Benin people dem
All of the cities or states, it is only Benin city you pointed finger at huh angry
Re: JAMB Makes N1.3 Billion In One Week, Suspends 9 CBT Centres Over Illegal Activit by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jan 28, 2019
post=75207542:

They looted this country from every angle.
Evil party!
And they are APC to continue from where they stopped
Re: JAMB Makes N1.3 Billion In One Week, Suspends 9 CBT Centres Over Illegal Activit by Chuksomenia(m): 10:04pm On Jan 28, 2019
I think this revenue should be ready invested in education.
Just suggesting
Re: JAMB Makes N1.3 Billion In One Week, Suspends 9 CBT Centres Over Illegal Activit by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jan 28, 2019
ultimateprof:
See money, upon the hardship in this country people still want to go to school. PDP members formed APC, now some of you are saying up APC. It's still the same PDP that is still rulling Nigeria in the name of APC. Let us vote wisely this time around. Don't vote party, vote for individual credibility. I stand with Atiku, Buhari is wicked simple.

Well most people are voting for Buhari & not APC, just like I know one PDP house of reps candidate who go beat APC for reps In Maiduguri, Cause he is smarter, charismatic & full of integrity unlike d APC candidate for that Post
Re: JAMB Makes N1.3 Billion In One Week, Suspends 9 CBT Centres Over Illegal Activit by Felixv: 10:09pm On Jan 28, 2019
Jiang:

Forget the dude jare. most of these guys are used to fraudulent money, you will see a civil Servant with a salary of 130k monthly spending over 500k weekly during GEJ era,

Buhari dey make sense jare grin , Nigeria must be fixed

I will tell you something --no nation in africa had an industrial revolution,that explains why we are not industrialized.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industrial_Revolution

there is no voodoo economics that can fix our unemployment problem, even atiku knows this, but they do not care. He spent 8yrs destroying our industries and he would do the same again, if given the opportunity,

1 Like

Re: JAMB Makes N1.3 Billion In One Week, Suspends 9 CBT Centres Over Illegal Activit by HeyCorleone(m): 10:19pm On Jan 28, 2019
sogodihno:
1.3 billion in one week? chai! do u know that this Money is more than the amount PDP remitted throughout thier 16 years.

PDP die die die die.

You shouldn't be on the internet.
Re: JAMB Makes N1.3 Billion In One Week, Suspends 9 CBT Centres Over Illegal Activit by Chizzyferd(m): 10:21pm On Jan 28, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFS8c09Y51Y
Guys show me love by subscribing to my YouTube channel to watch interesting movies
Re: JAMB Makes N1.3 Billion In One Week, Suspends 9 CBT Centres Over Illegal Activit by sogodihno: 10:23pm On Jan 28, 2019
ultimateprof:

so Atiku is credible? who cursed u?

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Makes N1.3 Billion In One Week, Suspends 9 CBT Centres Over Illegal Activit by sogodihno: 10:24pm On Jan 28, 2019
ultimateprof:

so Atiku is credible? who bewitch u?
Re: JAMB Makes N1.3 Billion In One Week, Suspends 9 CBT Centres Over Illegal Activit by Bodeson025(m): 10:26pm On Jan 28, 2019
What has ordinary Nigerians Benefit from this money you called all the time? just to prove to us you have done better than PDP 16years of governance. Don't forget everyday you are using in office now, one day will be a reference point for another administration in the next few years to come. All what this APC people sabi do na to blame PDP for everything. That's is the highest level of hypocrisy. Just as we all know right from wrong but we always blame devil for our wrongs doing.
Re: JAMB Makes N1.3 Billion In One Week, Suspends 9 CBT Centres Over Illegal Activit by saddik(m): 10:26pm On Jan 28, 2019
1.3Billion = Snake Poison grin
Re: JAMB Makes N1.3 Billion In One Week, Suspends 9 CBT Centres Over Illegal Activit by Oolawepo(m): 10:48pm On Jan 28, 2019
emmyw:
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has revealed that it has raked in a total of of N1.3 billion between January 18 and 24, 2019 as revenue from the ongoing registration for the 2019 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and other sources including sale and use of its electronic facilities.

Hypocrites, after taking half of the money he will on media to shout. Must he shout for every Kobo he makes.

According to the examination body, during the week under review, JAMB made N42,457,657 from the use of its electronic facilities; N1,212,800,000 from UTME registration, N13,378,604 as service charges by the CBT centres and N52,657,00 from other sources.

This information was made available by JAMB in Volume 1, Number 4 of its JAMB Bulletin- a weekly publication of the office of its Registrar, Ishaq Oloyede.

The Board also disclosed that it has suspended nine out of the over 700 Computer-Based Test centres taking part in the ongoing registration exercise due to alleged engagement in illegal activities; majorly charging candidates more than necessary and engaging in unauthorised use of registration SIM in a manner that is inimical to candidates’ interest.

It was gathered that the affected centres include the University of Benin ICT Computer Based Test (CBT) and DA Civic Centre, both in Benin City, Edo State; Mardakem Company Ltd., Oron, Akwa Ibom State; Bintels Global Services LTD, Aguleri, and Noble & Shuaib ICT Ltd, Alor, Anambra State, among others.

Other centres suspended are in Plateau, Oyo, Benue and Ondo States including Global ICT Connect Ltd at the Benue State University, Makurdi; Medes ICT Centre, Idepe, Okitipupa, Ondo State; Divine Success All CBT Centre, Iseyin, Oyo State and Riyom ICT Centre, Plateau State.

JAMB also added that it is currently monitoring closely activities at about 10 centres in Lagos and Plateau states, saying its management would meet on January 28, to take appropriate action on these centres.

Source: https://www.ngschoolz.net/jamb-makes-n1-3-billion-in-one-week/
Re: JAMB Makes N1.3 Billion In One Week, Suspends 9 CBT Centres Over Illegal Activit by jaxxy(m): 10:50pm On Jan 28, 2019
Felixv:
let's not forget that during the pdp era JAMB only remitted 50m in a whole year.

SHOCKING: Before Oloyede, JAMB remitted N50 million to Nigerian govt in seven years

and some people want to vote back pdp and their scum

U need to note jamb forms wasn’t as expensive back then, now jamb has become a full fledged business rather than educational opportunity.
Re: JAMB Makes N1.3 Billion In One Week, Suspends 9 CBT Centres Over Illegal Activit by netflicks(m): 10:54pm On Jan 28, 2019
sogodihno:

PDP die die die die.

Just why your post is so funny is that most of the people u call saints today in APC are former PDP members..don't be carried away by what you hear or see on social media, politics in Nigeria today is far different in other part of the world.....
Re: JAMB Makes N1.3 Billion In One Week, Suspends 9 CBT Centres Over Illegal Activit by Zizu99: 10:58pm On Jan 28, 2019
[1/9, 2:13 AM] chukwuzimuzor: Hello dear, get the latest JAMB CBT software that will give you plus one learning experience and cause you to excel in this on coming UTME. It is called TESTDRILLER UTME 2019. It comes with so many amazing features like 2018/2019 JAMB Syllabus, Study, practice, UTME mock mode and key performance index(KPI), which enables the user to study subjects by topics. For example, if u want to study Logarithm in mathematics, all you need to do is to select it and the software will pull all the questions Jamb had asked for the past 19years on Logarithm and by so doing, it will make you to master the topic and it is like that for all subjects. It also contains the summary of "Sweet Sixteen Novel" and 50 likely Questions and answers with explanations.Getting 300 and above in UTME is possible with God,testdriller and you. For more enquiries contact us via WhatsApp on:07067791119.
Thank you.
Re: JAMB Makes N1.3 Billion In One Week, Suspends 9 CBT Centres Over Illegal Activit by citruslimited(m): 11:00pm On Jan 28, 2019
[quote author=emmyw post=75204712]The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has revealed that it has raked in a total of of N1.3 billion between January 18 and 24, 2019 as revenue from the ongoing registration for the 2019 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and other sources including sale and use of its electronic facilities.

According to the examination body, during the week under review, JAMB made N42,457,657 from the use of its electronic facilities; N1,212,800,000 from UTME registration, N13,378,604 as service charges by the CBT centres and N52,657,00 from other sources.

This information was made available by JAMB in Volume 1, Number 4 of its JAMB Bulletin- a weekly publication of the office of its Registrar, Ishaq Oloyede.

The Board also disclosed that it has suspended nine out of the over 700 Computer-Based Test centres taking part in the ongoing registration exercise due to alleged engagement in illegal activities; majorly charging candidates more than necessary and engaging in unauthorised use of registration SIM in a manner that is inimical to candidates’ interest.

It was gathered that the affected centres include the University of Benin ICT Computer Based Test (CBT) and DA Civic Centre, both in Benin City, Edo State; Mardakem Company Ltd., Oron, Akwa Ibom State; Bintels Global Services LTD, Aguleri, and Noble & Shuaib ICT Ltd, Alor, Anambra State, among others.

Other centres suspended are in Plateau, Oyo, Benue and Ondo States including Global ICT Connect Ltd at the Benue State University, Makurdi; Medes ICT Centre, Idepe, Okitipupa, Ondo State; Divine Success All CBT Centre, Iseyin, Oyo State and Riyom ICT Centre, Plateau State.

JAMB also added that it is currently monitoring closely activities at about 10 centres in Lagos and Plateau states, saying its management would meet on January 28, to take appropriate action on these centres.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBxRud0avSE
Re: JAMB Makes N1.3 Billion In One Week, Suspends 9 CBT Centres Over Illegal Activit by Ramsey247(m): 11:13pm On Jan 28, 2019
Learn how to analyse issues bro. First, JAMB does this only once in a year so this amount could be 1 year revenue
Secondly, the previous director of JAMB had invested heavily in technology. Atleast we are seeing result toay.
sogodihno:

PDP die die die die.

Re: JAMB Makes N1.3 Billion In One Week, Suspends 9 CBT Centres Over Illegal Activit by sogodihno: 11:17pm On Jan 28, 2019
Ramsey247:
Learn how to analyse issues bro. First, JAMB does this only once in a year so this amount could be 1 year revenue
Secondly, the previous director of JAMB had invested heavily in technology. Atleast we are seeing result toay.

u no go school ni? I blame PDP for looting the money that should have trained u in school.

Again, it shall never be well with PDP.
Re: JAMB Makes N1.3 Billion In One Week, Suspends 9 CBT Centres Over Illegal Activit by Lordsinger(m): 11:43pm On Jan 28, 2019
How much was jamb form being sold then?
Felixv:
let's not forget that during the pdp era JAMB only remitted 50m in a whole year.

SHOCKING: Before Oloyede, JAMB remitted N50 million to Nigerian govt in seven years

and some people want to vote back pdp and their scum
Re: JAMB Makes N1.3 Billion In One Week, Suspends 9 CBT Centres Over Illegal Activit by Felixv: 12:41am On Jan 29, 2019
jaxxy:

U need to note jamb forms wasn’t as expensive back then, now jamb has become a full fledged business rather than educational opportunity.

You are probably right but wasn’t the price of the JAMB forms recently reduced ,

and based on the amount of money they are making it is important that the price of the those forms are reduced even further.

But we wouldn’t be talking about reducing the prices if the money had been secretly stolen - as a matter of fact we would probably be debating the moral of a price increase.
Re: JAMB Makes N1.3 Billion In One Week, Suspends 9 CBT Centres Over Illegal Activit by Cajal(m): 1:08am On Jan 29, 2019
kcboy34:
I believe u would agree with me that the standard of living in the past 16years has been better than the last 3+ years of ur corrupt free APC.... May your Life be run by the way APC is running Nigeria.... May ur generation be handled the way Buhari is handling Nigeria.... Amen.... If u get angry at these my prayers may God ruin ur generation.... Because of the peenut u are getting u don't want to have sense abi.... No hard feelings bro...
.....sign of frustration
Sorry sir
Re: JAMB Makes N1.3 Billion In One Week, Suspends 9 CBT Centres Over Illegal Activit by safetyInspector(m): 5:15am On Jan 29, 2019
Many of you comment without thinking through it. Don't you know that over 80% of this amount will be used to run the examination? They will remit what is left from this figure after deducting the expenses incurred for conducting the examination. This is a case of a businessman publishing his gross profit instead of net profit.
sogodihno:

PDP die die die die.

Re: JAMB Makes N1.3 Billion In One Week, Suspends 9 CBT Centres Over Illegal Activit by sogodihno: 8:11am On Jan 29, 2019
safetyInspector:
Many of you comment without thinking through it. Don't you know that over 80% of this amount will be used to run the examination? They will remit what is left from this figure after deducting the expenses incurred for conducting the examination. This is a case of a businessman publishing his gross profit instead of net profit.

na lie! did u know the amount Jamb remitted last year and two years ago is more than PDP 16 years, dont defend corruption bro.
Re: JAMB Makes N1.3 Billion In One Week, Suspends 9 CBT Centres Over Illegal Activit by WOLEMENTO(m): 8:50am On Jan 29, 2019
sogodihno:

u are the one that is mad, u will end ur miserable life in February when Buhari has been reelected
u will die in shame and poverty every negative word of urs to me it cancel ijn
dont worry bokoharam will visit ur house hold
Re: JAMB Makes N1.3 Billion In One Week, Suspends 9 CBT Centres Over Illegal Activit by sogodihno: 9:09am On Jan 29, 2019
WOLEMENTO:

u will die in shame and poverty every negative word of urs to me it cancel ijn
dont worry bokoharam will visit ur house hold

chai! I really pity ur parent for giving birth to u, u are really useless, so u remember Jesus name now, are u not the one that started cursing?

slowpoke, pls get off my mention. monkey!
Re: JAMB Makes N1.3 Billion In One Week, Suspends 9 CBT Centres Over Illegal Activit by Nennymaije: 9:32am On Jan 29, 2019
PLEASE, TELL JAMB TO GO AND SORT THEIR PAGE. I AM TRYING TO REGULARISE MY ADMISSION ON JAMB SITE BUT CAN'T FIND MY DEPARTMENT (BIOTECHNOLOGY). THEY'VE BEEN SENT SERIES OF LETTERS BUT NO REPLY OR UPGRADE ON THEIR SITE. I NEED TO START UP MY CLEARANCE IN SCHOOL. PLEASE.
Re: JAMB Makes N1.3 Billion In One Week, Suspends 9 CBT Centres Over Illegal Activit by Donenam(m): 9:38am On Jan 29, 2019
emmyw:
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has revealed that it has raked in a total of of N1.3 billion between January 18 and 24, 2019 as revenue from the ongoing registration for the 2019 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and other sources including sale and use of its electronic facilities.

Visit now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

WAEC Conducts Exams In Chibok Schools After 6 Years / UI University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Thread Admission 2021/2022 Information / National Teachers Institute Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.