Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

Dana Crash: Black Box Report Ready In 2013 – Ministry - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dana Crash: Black Box Report Ready In 2013 – Ministry (13154 Views)

Dana Crash: Insurers Pay N373m To 79 Relatives / Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) / Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dana Crash: Black Box Report Ready In 2013 – Ministry by sambas: 4:16pm On Jun 09, 2012
The black box report to be ready in 2013. Just saw it on 24/7 nigeria news ,Somebody should pls get the news n paste it here.

Dana Crash: Black Box Report Ready In 2013 – Ministry

Hopes that the cause of last Sunday’s Dana Air plane crash would be made public soon may be misplaced, as it was learnt yesterday that the outcome of the findings from the Flight Data Recorder (FDR), otherwise known as the black box of the ill-fated plane would be ready in twelve months in the earliest.

The two black boxes of the ill-fated Dana Flight 0992 that claimed the lives of over 200 persons were flown to the United States of America on Thursday for decoding by experts at the Accident Investigations Bureau (AIB) in New York.

LEADERSHIP WEEKEND learnt from the Ministry of Aviation in Abuja that the 12-month waiting period is in tandem with the global practice in the aviation industry. However, our investigation further revealed that preliminary reports on the findings could be released, pending when the final report would be ready.

Speaking to LEADERSHIP WEEKEND, Mr. Joe Obi, special assistant (media) to the minister of aviation said, ‘The report of the investigation on the black boxes cannot come out before 12 months. There will be preliminary reports, but the final report will be in one year. We will try to see if the investigation can be fast-tracked so that the result can be released early enough.”

Mr. Obi said that the ministry would refrain itself from apportioning blame until the release of the final report. ‘Until we get the result or the findings from the Accident Investigation Bureau (AIB), we cannot pin it down to regulations or non-adherence,” he said.

However, he noted that the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) has so far performed creditably, though it cannot totally eliminate accidents in the industry. ‘Prior to 2006, we know what was happening. The fact that NCAA has been up to the task does not eliminate accidents. You cannot eliminate accident 100 per cent. This accident is a wake-up call. In terms of regulation of the sector, they have been doing their best,” the minister’s spokesman explained.

Asked what the ministry is doing about the age of the air craft flying in our airspace, he said that President Goodluck Jonathan had set up a panel that would investigate a broad spectrum of issues, adding that the committee’s report would serve as a guide.

The spokesman, however, noted that there is a consensus by experts in the aviation industry that the age of the aircraft does not matter much in-so-far as such aircraft undergo routine checks and maintenance.

In the aftermath of the crash, President Jonathan had set up a nine-member Technical and Administrative Review Panel to “perform a comprehensive assessment of all the domestic scheduled airlines”.

The panel, which was given six weeks to turn in its report, was also mandated to ensure that management culture as well as the effectiveness of NCAA’s oversight of airline maintainable practice is maintained and enhanced.

The panel, is to also assess the financial health of airlines that are operating within the country.

The members of the committee includes: Capt. John Obakpolor (retd), chairman; Capt. Austin Omame, Capt. Dele Sasegbon, Dr. O.B. Aliu, Mr. F.C. Onyeyiri, Capt. Mfon Udom, Capt. Muhtar Usman, Dr. Tony Anuforom and Capt. A. Mshelia.

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/26901/2012/06/09/dana_crash_black_box_report_ready_2013_ministry.html
Re: Dana Crash: Black Box Report Ready In 2013 – Ministry by werepeLeri: 4:29pm On Jun 09, 2012
What do u know. The Air France flight that killed 228 people on Jun2 1 2009 released the final report from the black box only in 2012. You obviously thought it will be read to you the next day.

3 Likes

Re: Dana Crash: Black Box Report Ready In 2013 – Ministry by otokx(m): 8:48pm On Jun 09, 2012
Really crazy stuff so what is the point then of the black box?

1 Like

Re: Dana Crash: Black Box Report Ready In 2013 – Ministry by Beaf: 8:52pm On Jun 09, 2012
otokx: Really crazy stuff so what is the point then of the black box?

All aircrash investigations take years. The pieces of the plane would be painstakenly fitted together, pin by pin and various leads followed and crosschecked against the blackbox. Its no kids game.
Re: Dana Crash: Black Box Report Ready In 2013 – Ministry by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jun 09, 2012
werepeLeri: What do u know. The Air France flight that killed 228 people on Jun2 1 2009 released the final report from the black box only in 2012. You obviously thought it will be read to you the next day.
º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º‎​
Re: Dana Crash: Black Box Report Ready In 2013 – Ministry by philip0906(m): 8:58pm On Jun 09, 2012
Beaf:

All aircrash investigations take years. The pieces of the plane would be painstakenly fitted together, pin by pin and various leads followed and crosschecked against the blackbox. Its no kids game.
oh yeah dats where they'll c u. . .what of the report of the other planes that crashed?

4 Likes

Re: Dana Crash: Black Box Report Ready In 2013 – Ministry by Beaf: 9:04pm On Jun 09, 2012
philip0906:
oh yeah dats where they'll c u. . .what of the report of the other planes that crashed?

You are funny, but its out of ignorance.
Plane manufacturers handle investigations into crashes, so if an aircraft crashed due to a fault, you should go ask the manufacturer for any reports. You certainly don't ask me.

Seen?
Re: Dana Crash: Black Box Report Ready In 2013 – Ministry by philip0906(m): 9:06pm On Jun 09, 2012
Beaf:

You are funny, but its out of ignorance.
Plane manufacturers handle investigations into crashes, so if an aircraft crashed due to a fault, you should go ask the manufacturer for any reports. You certainly don't ask me.

Seen?
dumb u. . .c what ur crony put up here
werepeLeri: What do u know. The Air France flight that killed 228 people on Jun2 1 2009 released the final report from the black box only in 2012. You obviously thought it will be read to you the next day.
he prolly ordered 4 it 4rm d manufacturers or got the report 4rm their office,right?
Re: Dana Crash: Black Box Report Ready In 2013 – Ministry by Afam4eva(m): 9:10pm On Jun 09, 2012
God punish blackbox. To think that I was even expecting the result next week and we're getting 2013. I don't think we'll need it by then because we'll probably have a new problem as a nation. Mayby Goats will start biting people. I sorry for this country.

14 Likes

Re: Dana Crash: Black Box Report Ready In 2013 – Ministry by honeric01(m): 9:12pm On Jun 09, 2012
afam4eva: God punish blackbox. To think that I was even expecting the result next week and we're getting 2013. I don't think we'll need it by then because we'll probably have a new problem as a nation. [size=18pt]Maybe Goats will start biting people. I sorry for this country.[/size]

OMG LDKMT grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dana Crash: Black Box Report Ready In 2013 – Ministry by manny4life(m): 9:18pm On Jun 09, 2012
afam4eva: God punish blackbox. To think that I was even expecting the result next week and we're getting 2013. I don't think we'll need it by then because we'll probably have a new problem as a nation. Mayby Goats will start biting people. I sorry for this country.

Bros, calm down... grin grin grin I know how pissed you are, but calm down. Aircraft investigations take a while, some take months, while some takes years to complete. Particularly where there's no survivor, it makes a little complex, nevertheless, let's hope to see the details of what happened that faithful Sunday.
Re: Dana Crash: Black Box Report Ready In 2013 – Ministry by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jun 09, 2012
Sometimes I wonder why people attack Beaf, even when what he is writing is an obvious truth that could be deciphered by a kindergarten lad. Na wa o
Re: Dana Crash: Black Box Report Ready In 2013 – Ministry by manny4life(m): 9:24pm On Jun 09, 2012
Billyonaire: Sometimes I wonder why people attack Beaf, even when what he is writing is an obvious truth that could be deciphered by a kindergarten lad. Na wa o

Because,

A. If they are males, they have a hard on when they attack him lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

B. If they are females, that's a coded way of saying "see me later" lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Dana Crash: Black Box Report Ready In 2013 – Ministry by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jun 09, 2012
manny4life:

Because,

A. If they are males, they have a hard on when they attack him lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

B. If they are females, that's a coded way of saying "see me later" lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Ahahahahaha Nice one there....
Re: Dana Crash: Black Box Report Ready In 2013 – Ministry by Biodup: 9:27pm On Jun 09, 2012
Naija mentality we want everything sharp sharp without considering the aftermath.
Re: Dana Crash: Black Box Report Ready In 2013 – Ministry by TBD(m): 9:30pm On Jun 09, 2012
this is funny so what is the essence of report again?
Re: Dana Crash: Black Box Report Ready In 2013 – Ministry by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jun 09, 2012
T@BD:
this is funny so what is the essence of report again?
Its a standard procedure worldwide, Am sorry, do you have cable TV in your home ? I advise you watch Air Crash Investigations.

1 Like

Re: Dana Crash: Black Box Report Ready In 2013 – Ministry by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jun 09, 2012
Re: Dana Crash: Black Box Report Ready In 2013 – Ministry by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jun 09, 2012
afam4eva: God punish blackbox. To think that I was even expecting the result next week and we're getting 2013. I don't think we'll need it by then because we'll probably have a new problem as a nation. Mayby Goats will start biting people. I sorry for this country.
i'm laughin this is funny.
Re: Dana Crash: Black Box Report Ready In 2013 – Ministry by laidback(m): 9:43pm On Jun 09, 2012

That is actually because they only discovered the black box about a year ago. Standard practice for the international investigating organisation is one year.

1 Like

Re: Dana Crash: Black Box Report Ready In 2013 – Ministry by erayo2GCA(m): 9:45pm On Jun 09, 2012

very funny.......why una dey talk with beaf for this NL. as far as i am consine he died in that plane crash on sunday
Re: Dana Crash: Black Box Report Ready In 2013 – Ministry by yinchar(m): 9:47pm On Jun 09, 2012
Billyonaire: Sometimes I wonder why people attack Beaf, even when what he is writing is an obvious truth that could be deciphered by a kindergarten lad. Na wa o
Guy change your way of life....you also BEAF, why you trying to negate all the attack you getting on 'BEAF ID'.....i tot you should be more smarter than this..... tongue tongue tongue
Re: Dana Crash: Black Box Report Ready In 2013 – Ministry by Shakara123(m): 9:54pm On Jun 09, 2012
Why do the whites like associating bad things to the blacks even?
Blackbox, blacksheep, blackbook, blacklist,blackball, blackmail, blackhead, blackout...
Lol

My concern is for our funny government not to receive the report then and as usual, drop it somewhere and continue with their selfish acts of enriching themselves at the risk of precious lives!

2 Likes

Re: Dana Crash: Black Box Report Ready In 2013 – Ministry by wandeay: 10:06pm On Jun 09, 2012
i hope they wont cover up later, cos we dont knw d outcome of the previous ones that happened
Re: Dana Crash: Black Box Report Ready In 2013 – Ministry by hamsky: 10:07pm On Jun 09, 2012
I guess this video would give some of you the idea of how black boxes work and the fact that analysing the data gotten from them isn't as easy as we all think cos it is a very unsophisticated piece of hardware not even as techy as a hair dryer or a nokia 3310. ENJOY!

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlY5W7be5jU[/flash]
Re: Dana Crash: Black Box Report Ready In 2013 – Ministry by manny4life(m): 10:07pm On Jun 09, 2012
Billyonaire: Ahahahahaha Nice one there....

Thank you brother, I was ONLY saying the truth.. grin grin grin
Re: Dana Crash: Black Box Report Ready In 2013 – Ministry by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jun 09, 2012
RIP Josephine and Jennifer angry cry

Re: Dana Crash: Black Box Report Ready In 2013 – Ministry by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jun 09, 2012
REALITY101: RIP Josephine and Jennifer angry cry
Did we lose these beauties to that FLight ?
Re: Dana Crash: Black Box Report Ready In 2013 – Ministry by Super1759: 10:36pm On Jun 09, 2012
2013...By then the heat of election 2015,bokoharam and buhari wahala will deviate out attention.no need...let dem carry dia black box throway jooor
Re: Dana Crash: Black Box Report Ready In 2013 – Ministry by tonididdy(m): 10:43pm On Jun 09, 2012
aviation minister...''and this will cost about 2.5billion naira for full investigation''

1 Like

Re: Dana Crash: Black Box Report Ready In 2013 – Ministry by ebamma(m): 10:51pm On Jun 09, 2012
and wetin dey black box go tell us were we neva hear,abi him go say na bokoharam bomb the plane
Re: Dana Crash: Black Box Report Ready In 2013 – Ministry by olumidazz: 10:59pm On Jun 09, 2012
Have u guys 4goten that them go take the investigation act film 4 national geographic channel and analyse the remotest cause y the plane go crash 4 house 4 iju kill people wey dey watch ball, 4 this reason alone don't expect report until after 2015.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Inaugurates Freight Services On Apapa-Ibadan Cargo Rail / Urgent....direction To US Consulate Lagos / Any Places Of Interest In Enugu?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.