Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,928 members, 7,817,720 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Please Help With Paystack Integration! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please Help With Paystack Integration! (2301 Views)

Help With Paystack / Free Web/Mobile App Scripts,Plugins,Themes, Fiverr/Freelance Clone with Paystack / Paystack Integration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help With Paystack Integration! by Empressabbie(f): 8:08am On Jan 29, 2019
Good day everyone,
I want to integrate Paystack into my website but I don't know how to collect the customer's email, name and so on. I already made a form but I don't know where to send the values

I'm using this:

function payWithPaystack() {

var handler = PaystackPop.setup({
key: 'your_public_key', //put your public key here
email: 'customer@email.com', //put your customer's email here
amount: 370000, //amount the customer is supposed to pay
metadata: {
custom_fields: [
{
display_name: "Mobile Number",
variable_name: "mobile_number",
value: "+2348012345678" //customer's mobile number
}
]
},
callback: function (response) {
//after the transaction have been completed
//make post call to the server with to verify payment
//using transaction reference as post data
$.post("verify.php", {reference:response.reference}, function(status){
if(status == "success"wink
//successful transaction
alert('Transaction was successful');
else
//transaction failed
alert(response);
});
},
onClose: function () {
//when the user close the payment modal
alert('Transaction cancelled');
}
});
handler.openIframe(); //open the paystack's payment modal
}

I don't know how to get the customer's email, please help me.
Re: Please Help With Paystack Integration! by pelumi22: 8:31am On Jan 29, 2019
Bro just use the Dom to send the value of the form to the corresponding object
Re: Please Help With Paystack Integration! by Empressabbie(f): 8:41am On Jan 29, 2019
pelumi22:
Bro just use the Dom to send the value of the form to the corresponding object
Thanks, I'll try this

By the way, I'm not a bro
Re: Please Help With Paystack Integration! by pelumi22: 8:54am On Jan 29, 2019
Sorry for that
Re: Please Help With Paystack Integration! by webapi: 10:29am On Jan 29, 2019
Empressabbie:
Good day everyone,
I want to integrate Paystack into my website but I don't know how to collect the customer's email, name and so on. I already made a form but I don't know where to send the values

I'm using this:

email: 'customer@email.com', //put your customer's email here
amount: 370000, //amount the customer is supposed to pay
metadata: {
custom_fields: [
{
display_name: "Mobile Number",
variable_name: "mobile_number",
value: "+2348012345678" //customer's mobile number
}
]
},
callback: function (response) {
//after the transaction have been completed
//make post call to the server with to verify payment
//using transaction reference as post data
$.post("verify.php", {reference:response.reference}, function(status){
if(status == "success"wink
//successful transaction
alert('Transaction was successful');
else
//transaction failed
alert(response);
});
},
onClose: function () {
//when the user close the payment modal
alert('Transaction cancelled');
}
});
handler.openIframe(); //open the paystack's payment modal
}

I don't know how to get the customer's email, please help me.
give me a call i will help you out 09057382330
Re: Please Help With Paystack Integration! by asalimpo(m): 11:57am On Jan 29, 2019
what's paystack all about? Is it d equiv of paypal or what? Competitor to interswitch? Fill me in ?
Re: Please Help With Paystack Integration! by Empressabbie(f): 1:19pm On Jan 29, 2019
asalimpo:
what's paystack all about? Is it d equiv of paypal or what? Competitor to interswitch? Fill me in ?
It's a payment gateway
Re: Please Help With Paystack Integration! by FTF2069(m): 3:46pm On Jan 29, 2019
@Empressabbie, solved it?. Try this

1. Inside of your button call the function like this:
<button onclick=payWithPaystack()> 

2. Inside of your Script.js or <script>
2a. You have to disable the default action of your submit button first. Like this:

document.getElementById("yourFormIDhere" ).onsubmit = function (e) {
e.preventDefault();
};

2b. Followed by getting the details from the form. Like this:

var email = document.getElementById("email" ).value;
var amount = document.getElementById("amount" ).value;
var xyz = document.getElementById("xyz" ).value;

2c. Followed by the paystack function;

email: email, //put your customer's email here
amount: amount, //amount the customer is supposed to pay
xyz: xyz
metadata: { ...

you could sync step 2b and 2c together in a single block.
Re: Please Help With Paystack Integration! by Empressabbie(f): 3:53pm On Jan 29, 2019
FTF2069:
@Empressabbie, solved it?. Try this

1. Inside of your button call the function like this:
<button onclick=payWithPaystack()> 

2. Inside of your Script.js or <script>
2a. You have to disable the default action of your submit button first. Like this:

document.getElementById("yourFormIDhere" ).onsubmit = function (e) {
e.preventDefault();
};

2b. Followed by getting the details from the form. Like this:

var email = document.getElementById("email" ).value;
var amount = document.getElementById("amount" ).value;
var xyz = document.getElementById("xyz" ).value;

2c. Followed by the paystack function;

email: email, //put your customer's email here
amount: amount, //amount the customer is supposed to pay
xyz: xyz
metadata: { ...

you could sync step 2b and 2c together in a single block.
Thanks, I'll try this also

1 Like

Re: Please Help With Paystack Integration! by makavele: 4:09pm On Jan 29, 2019
Empressabbie:
It's a payment gateway

Payment processor NOT gateway

By the way, there is a documentatiom for the basic

boilerplates. How you customize it is now up to you.
Re: Please Help With Paystack Integration! by asalimpo(m): 5:12pm On Jan 29, 2019
@Empressabie
Your reply is too brief to b of any good. Expatiate more.

So what does it do? How can it b of use to me? Can i putup a site and thru them i get money into my bank account?
Much like paypal? Thanks

@makavele
what's d difference btwn a paymnt gateway nd a paymnt processor? Help me with d above q also. Thanks
Re: Please Help With Paystack Integration! by makavele: 9:09am On Jan 31, 2019
asalimpo:
@Empressabie
Your reply is too brief to b of any good. Expatiate more.

So what does it do? How can it b of use to me? Can i putup a site and thru them i get money into my bank account?
Much like paypal? Thanks

@makavele
what's d difference btwn a paymnt gateway nd a paymnt processor? Help me with d above q also. Thanks

The payment gateway actually transmits the data to the processor to continue the life cycle of the transaction.
Yes, the processor is very much like PayPal, no difference except for the fact you cannot transfer funds between users like Paypal; but supports every other facet of PayPal
Re: Please Help With Paystack Integration! by asalimpo(m): 3:31pm On Feb 01, 2019
makavele:

The payment gateway actually transmits the data to the processor to continue the life cycle of the transaction.
Yes, the processor is very much like PayPal, no difference except for the fact you cannot transfer funds between users like Paypal; but supports every other facet of PayPal
thanks for shedding some light on this. Please,dont b offended,i still got more q's.
So, paystack is like a middleman btwn a user and a paymnt processor . They are using a processors api. E.g like interswitch.
They take requests from a user n funnel it to say interswitch much like bulksms providers use an sms gateway.
If so, then,any1 who can pay the gateway providers fees to use their API could open shop nd compete? Right?
If so, then paystack n voguepay r moreless similar. Much like etisalat nd mtn. They're just middlemen to some financial gateway.
Lastly, to use these paymnt ppl, one still needs a local bank account for reconcilation of transactions. Or do they (or does any) act as a deposit holding entity so that one can spend/withdraw his money without the endpoint of a traditional brick nd mortar bank account. In otherwords,one can bypass traditional bnks as is d case with paypal,bitcoin etc.
If the above is true, then it would mean,that one could open a webshop,offer goods etc,get deposits into his account (paystack/voguepay etc) and not need to link it to a local bnk account! Then how would one withdraw his cash? Do they offer special atm cards or could one hav the option of transferring the money to a local atm card which he can withdraw?
What about entities like quickteller nd paga? What r they compared to these other folks?
#Lots of questions dude. Bear with me. I'm curious
Re: Please Help With Paystack Integration! by makavele: 6:54pm On Feb 01, 2019
asalimpo:

thanks for shedding some light on this. Please,dont b offended,i still got more q's.
So, paystack is like a middleman btwn a user and a paymnt processor . They are using a processors api. E.g like interswitch.
They take requests from a user n funnel it to say interswitch much like bulksms providers use an sms gateway.
If so, then,any1 who can pay the gateway providers fees to use their API could open shop nd compete? Right?
If so, then paystack n voguepay r moreless similar. Much like etisalat nd mtn. They're just middlemen to some financial gateway.
Lastly, to use these paymnt ppl, one still needs a local bank account for reconcilation of transactions. Or do they (or does any) act as a deposit holding entity so that one can spend/withdraw his money without the endpoint of a traditional brick nd mortar bank account. In otherwords,one can bypass traditional bnks as is d case with paypal,bitcoin etc.
If the above is true, then it would mean,that one could open a webshop,offer goods etc,get deposits into his account (paystack/voguepay etc) and not need to link it to a local bnk account! Then how would one withdraw his cash? Do they offer special atm cards or could one hav the option of transferring the money to a local atm card which he can withdraw?
What about entities like quickteller nd paga? What r they compared to these other folks?
#Lots of questions dude. Bear with me. I'm curious

Ah, too many questions I don't even know where to start from. Paystack is the processor (the middle man who helps you knock on the gate, so to speak, the payment gateway, takes it from there and knocks on the doors of your bank). The bank responds and informs the gateway, the gateways transmits the data to the processor (who processes the payment). You get paid or get debited. depending on if you are the buyer or seller. In this case, Paystack is the processor much like VoguePay, Pay Attitude, PayU, PayPal, Quickteller, Paga. They are all processors.
The gateway in this case would be InterSwitch; at least in the Nigerian setting.
I know PayPal offers you a debit card, so you can spend straight out of your paypal balance, but you would still be needing a credit/debit card to verify your paypal account, and to get a credit or debit card, you need a bank account. There is also a limit to how much you can spend via card withdrawals, plus hefty charges as against using a traditional bank account. So to answer that part, you will be needing a "brick and mortar" bank account where payments get deposited to at your request. The processor accepts the payment in their collections account and at your request, you can withdraw to your bank account, subject to your online balance with the processor.
Anybody can set up a processor, even so a Payment gateway. At least in Nigeria, you would be needing a licence with the CBN (central bank of Nigeria), clearance from the anti-fraud department (money laundering issues) and worse off PCI DSS certification (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) and a very good team of lawyers. Because if your customers, dont get payments on time, its a lawsuit, Or if their funds get missing or get hacked by way of credit card theft, you will be sued. In short, prepare for lawsuits all the time.
The PCI certification is to make sure your company and its software package are capable of handling people's money securely. So
you will be subjected to rigorous audits. And yes, it costs a lot of money, running up to a million dollars for the total package but nothing that can't be done.
Am i forgetting anything?
Re: Please Help With Paystack Integration! by asalimpo(m): 8:13pm On Feb 01, 2019
makavele:

Ah, too many questions I don't even know where to start from. Paystack is the processor (the middle man who helps you knock on the gate, so to speak, the payment gateway, takes it from there and knocks on the doors of your bank). The bank responds and informs the gateway, the gateways transmits the data to the processor (who processes the payment). You get paid or get debited. depending on if you are the buyer or seller. In this case, Paystack is the processor much like VoguePay, Pay Attitude, PayU, PayPal, Quickteller, Paga. They are all processors.
The gateway in this case would be InterSwitch; at least in the Nigerian setting.
I know PayPal offers you a debit card, so you can spend straight out of your paypal balance, but you would still be needing a credit/debit card to verify your paypal account, and to get a credit or debit card, you need a bank account. There is also a limit to how much you can spend via card withdrawals, plus hefty charges as against using a traditional bank account. So to answer that part, you will be needing a "brick and mortar" bank account where payments get deposited to at your request. The processor accepts the payment in their collections account and at your request, you can withdraw to your bank account, subject to your online balance with the processor.
Anybody can set up a processor, even so a Payment gateway. At least in Nigeria, you would be needing a licence with the CBN (central bank of Nigeria), clearance from the anti-fraud department (money laundering issues) and worse off PCI DSS certification (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) and a very good team of lawyers. Because if your customers, dont get payments on time, its a lawsuit, Or if their funds get missing or get hacked by way of credit card theft, you will be sued. In short, prepare for lawsuits all the time.
The PCI certification is to make sure your company and its software package are capable of handling people's money securely. So
you will be subjected to rigorous audits. And yes, it costs a lot of money, running up to a million dollars for the total package but nothing that can't be done.
Am i forgetting anything?
Thanks,a lot. You've overdelivered. There is no misunderstanding at all. These things aint beans bro! $$M to get a cert. (that weeds out d boys nd keeps the players small). In other words, paga,paystack etc r just different brands of d same thing.
I'm actually wondering out loud here: When paystack launched,it was hailed as a new thing. They made headlines etc but with this information i get,they were just building another interface to a gateway. Others had done it before. E.g like voguepay. So whatever stood them apart wasnt a result of a technological marvel, more like a strategic marvel. They operated in d competitors blindspots. So their strategic/marketing innovation is what enticed investors (Ycombinator) to invest.
A technologcal edge would b something like what google did to search, bittorrents, linux ,bitcoin, snapchat,to some extent- paypal.
Re: Please Help With Paystack Integration! by makavele: 9:41pm On Feb 01, 2019
asalimpo:

Thanks,a lot. You've overdelivered. There is no misunderstanding at all. These things aint beans bro! $$M to get a cert. (that weeds out d boys nd keeps the players small). In other words, paga,paystack etc r just different brands of d same thing.
I'm actually wondering out loud here: When paystack launched,it was hailed as a new thing. They made headlines etc but with this information i get,they were just building another interface to a gateway. Others had done it before. E.g like voguepay. So whatever stood them apart wasnt a result of a technological marvel, more like a strategic marvel. They operated in d competitors blindspots. So their strategic/marketing innovation is what enticed investors (Ycombinator) to invest.
A technologcal edge would b something like what google did to search, bittorrents, linux ,bitcoin, snapchat,to some extent- paypal.

Most payment processors; how much more gateways, that I know of, are never funded solely by one person. It's too much risk to bear. Some launched via fundraising, others launched via investors. Quickteller is far more popular than Paystack, they've got integration at ATMs and USSD support network-wide. Paystack for now, no ATM integration and only GTBank *737* ussd is supported. But they are very good competition.
There are virtually hundreds of payment processors, not forgetting PayArena with its outdated website, but still works at ATMs.
The technological edge would be to launch a product/service that has not been launched before;.
if not, just forget it, you would drown in the competition.
If you create another FaceBook with a special feature, a very special feature that would attract people=; the old FaceBook
would create their own version and marvel not, people would rather stay with the old FaceBook than use you; forgetting the fact
that you gave them the hint. Such is life ! Nowadays, people are resistant to change; much especially in Nigeria.
Re: Please Help With Paystack Integration! by asalimpo(m): 10:13pm On Feb 01, 2019
makavele:

Most payment processors; how much more gateways, that I know of, are never funded solely by one person. It's too much risk to bear. Some launched via fundraising, others launched via investors. Quickteller is far more popular than Paystack, they've got integration at ATMs and USSD support network-wide. Paystack for now, no ATM integration and only GTBank *737* ussd is supported. But they are very good competition.
There are virtually hundreds of payment processors, not forgetting PayArena with its outdated website, but still works at ATMs.
The technological edge would be to launch a product/service that has not been launched before;.
if not, just forget it, you would drown in the competition.
If you create another FaceBook with a special feature, a very special feature that would attract people=; the old FaceBook
would create their own version and marvel not, people would rather stay with the old FaceBook than use you; forgetting the fact
that you gave them the hint. Such is life ! Nowadays, people are resistant to change; much especially in Nigeria.
i've learnt so much from you. Actually, when i first read of paystack nd Ycombinator parlaying with them,and about two young undergrads from babcock uni (?), my mind was connctng some dots. Thinkng d private university cs deprtmnt's superior tiution had delivered its geniuses. And it was so great YC,an international company got interested. Yc funded airbnb nd dropbox(?) both groundbreaking ,though not techwise. I'm not putting them down but i was thinkng they were a bit far out. Their business model is an imitation of another company. Stripe,i think. Anyway,they growing nd getting somewhere and at least providing employmnt to our fellow ppl.
I thought with d high (to me) entry cost of several million $M, the player space would b small. Many of the players,you mentioned,i'm just hearing for d first time. If theyre rarely visible,what r their chances of survivng to recoup their investmnts!
Nigerians r highly resistant to change. Except the change can boost their ego in some way. It's crass but true. We consume expensive nd fine nd tasteful things because they enhance our self esteem nd boost our status in society but if these elements r lacking,the product can b hard sell.
Cars,iphones,laptops,ipads,houses,jaccuzzis, designer cloths nd shoes , flashy courses-law,accounting,medicine,surgeon- sell.
Books, software, non flasy courses- dont sell.
Re: Please Help With Paystack Integration! by makavele: 10:39pm On Feb 01, 2019
asalimpo:

i've learnt so much from you. Actually, when i first read of paystack nd Ycombinator parlaying with them,and about two young undergrads from babcock uni (?), my mind was connctng some dots. Thinkng d private university cs deprtmnt's superior tiution had delivered its geniuses. And it was so great YC,an international company got interested. Yc funded airbnb nd dropbox(?) both groundbreaking ,though not techwise. I'm not putting them down but i was thinkng they were a bit far out. Their business model is an imitation of another company. Stripe,i think. Anyway,they growing nd getting somewhere and at least providing employmnt to our fellow ppl.
I thought with d high (to me) entry cost of several million $M, the player space would b small. Many of the players,you mentioned,i'm just hearing for d first time. If theyre rarely visible,what r their chances of survivng to recoup their investmnts!
Nigerians r highly resistant to change. Except the change can boost their ego in some way. It's crass but true. We consume expensive nd fine nd tasteful things because they enhance our self esteem nd boost our status in society but if these elements r lacking,the product can b hard sell.
Cars,iphones,laptops,ipads,houses,jaccuzzis, designer cloths nd shoes , flashy courses-law,accounting,medicine,surgeon- sell.
Books, software, non flasy courses- dont sell.

Forget the entry cost and all that. You read the news recently and in quotes where an ex-first lady reportedly pocketed up to a billion Naira for personal use. Well, we are not far from the truth. There are myriads of other Nigerians who can front such cash if asked to. Now a select group of these "people" would be ready to invest in your million-dollar idea, if only you can reach out to them. That is why we have lots of these processors that never saw the light of day, after spending hundreds of thousand of dollars; funding from one corrupt politician. Some never got PCI certified and died naturally. Some lasted for a couple of years. And when you add the Nigerian factor, anything can be bought with some "Gandollars" grin grin grin
You had me laughing at "books". To sell books in Nigeria, you have to be a Chinua Achebe . . . or else, you are just a lecturer forcing down your books on your students, lol. Or one Daddy G.O. selling a "Rhapsody of ...... * ( no offence) Even Chinua Achebe, would not have sold past 100 copies, if here were to be here now. With this generation of Instagram-ers. Aaaabeg! what do I know?
let me face my coding "jeje" . . . Speak of the devil, I am even about to do a Paystack integration, *kikikiki*
Re: Please Help With Paystack Integration! by asalimpo(m): 12:22am On Feb 02, 2019
makavele:

Forget the entry cost and all that. You read the news recently and in quotes where an ex-first lady reportedly pocketed up to a billion Naira for personal use. Well, we are not far from the truth. There are myriads of other Nigerians who can front such cash if asked to. Now a select group of these "people" would be ready to invest in your million-dollar idea, if only you can reach out to them. That is why we have lots of these processors that never saw the light of day, after spending hundreds of thousand of dollars; funding from one corrupt politician. Some never got PCI certified and died naturally. Some lasted for a couple of years. And when you add the Nigerian factor, anything can be bought with some "Gandollars" grin grin grin
You had me laughing at "books". To sell books in Nigeria, you have to be a Chinua Achebe . . . or else, you are just a lecturer forcing down your books on your students, lol. Or one Daddy G.O. selling a "Rhapsody of ...... * ( no offence) Even Chinua Achebe, would not have sold past 100 copies, if here were to be here now. With this generation of Instagram-ers. Aaaabeg! what do I know?
let me face my coding "jeje" . . . Speak of the devil, I am even about to do a Paystack integration, *kikikiki*
i was actually thinkng d same thing. Who r d folks investing in these ventures. Certainly not a 9 to 5ver. The oddity is tht, most of the working nd middle class slave for these ppl. They could shed a billion naira nd not blink an eye! Living in a completely different reality. But then as a country,gdp wise,were nowhere on d worldscale! Yet were looting everythng that comes in! The nations infrastructures r rotting away, YET,ppl who hav enough to live comfortably for 10 lifetimes are still looting! Even this programmng tht is puttng food on a few folks tables is more a result of foreign capital inflow - open source software, google playstore ,freelance gigs,skype,apple playstore etc than an internally booming economy. Thank God tht d last dictator didnt live to establish his kingdom. Internet freedom wouldav been a pipe dream.

(1) (Reply)

Which Nigerian Banks Expose Apis To Third Party Developers ? / Post Your "c" Program Questions Here / Remitly Review - Can I Use It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.