Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,594 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Help With Paystack - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help With Paystack (568 Views)

Free Web/Mobile App Scripts,Plugins,Themes, Fiverr/Freelance Clone with Paystack / Please Help With Paystack Integration! / [Tutorial Post] How To Integrate Paystack Payment System With PHP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Paystack by femmix112(m): 8:24pm On Nov 30, 2020
Hello guys please how long does it take to set up paystack, it actually my first time adding it to a website. So i need your advice please.
Re: Help With Paystack by devdev: 8:29pm On Nov 30, 2020
femmix112:
Hello guys please how long does it take to set up paystack, it actually my first time adding it to a website. So i need your advice please.
It takes minutes
Re: Help With Paystack by femmix112(m): 8:43pm On Nov 30, 2020
devdev:

It takes minutes

Ok thanks
Re: Help With Paystack by stanliwise(m): 9:14pm On Nov 30, 2020
femmix112:
Check their documentation page but please be careful of form injection when making implementing your payment

1 Like

Re: Help With Paystack by EWSTechSupport: 12:37am On Dec 01, 2020
femmix112:

Hey buddy, if you need help with Paystack integration, see this thread here https://www.nairaland.com/6283638/ews-technical-support-services-fix

Or reach us via our signature below.
Re: Help With Paystack by cixak95211: 2:13am On Dec 01, 2020
stanliwise:

Check their documentation page but please be careful of form injection when making implementing your payment

Do people still bother about injection and other forms of xss these days? frameworks have reduced that to the barest minumum,
while the introduction of split micoservices killed it finally .... unless of course, the programmer is still using archaic patterns .. healthy discuss needed.
Re: Help With Paystack by stanliwise(m): 7:02am On Dec 01, 2020
cixak95211:

Do people still bother about injection and other forms of xss these days? frameworks have reduced that to the barest minumum,
while the introduction of split micoservices killed it finally .... unless of course, the programmer is still using archaic patterns .. healthy discuss needed.
I don’t think you understand the danger of form injection. This is different from SQL injection. It means manipulating the form details before it is being sent over the network. For example you could place $50 for an item and a hacker would edit the form and transform it to $20. If your app don’t compare price before/after payment then this same hacker could buy so much goods especially virtual ones for as large as $100k for just about $10k
Re: Help With Paystack by cixak95211: 12:57pm On Dec 01, 2020
stanliwise:

I don’t think you understand the danger of form injection. This is different from SQL injection. It means manipulating the form details before it is being sent over the network. For example you could place $50 for an item and a hacker would edit the form and transform it to $20. If your app don’t compare price before/after payment then this same hacker could buy so much goods especially virtual ones for as large as $100k for just about $10k

Exactly what I just posted above. when i mentioned split microservices. Even going by the documentation on all payment processors , paypal, flutterwave, stripe etc, they explicitly ask you never to provide value until payment is confirmed from your server. This means, you gotta have a server that confirms the payment using your secret api keys and only use the public keys to create the transaction. So if the hacker likes, let him modify the payment request to a million pounds, it will fail verification instantly.
Plus i mentioned ONLY and if ONLY the programmer is using archaic patterns.
The moment financials are involved, then you must have a server, and it doesnt have to be full blown, even a simple cloud function will suffice
The problem is having to create and, perhaps, verify transactions from the front, which itself is a security flaw

(1) (Reply)

API For Charging Cards And Crediting Accounts / Check Out My Github Repo / Web Developer Newbie And Mathematics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.