Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Death Penalty For Religious Crisis Culprits - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Death Penalty For Religious Crisis Culprits (844 Views)

Cross River Legalises Death Penalty For Kidnappers / PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty / 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Death Penalty For Religious Crisis Culprits by Mamajama(m): 1:43pm On Apr 20, 2007
I think those found culpable in religious crisis leading to death should pay the supreme price. The Federal Government

should impose capital punishment on those found perpetrating the act. Conflict and uprisings over religious issues may

have killed more Nigerians than AIDS, malaria and high blood pressure put together. religious extremism and political

intolerance is becoming the leading cause of death and destitution in Nigeria. It is certainly so in Northern Nigeria."

What do you all think?
Re: Death Penalty For Religious Crisis Culprits by dblock(m): 2:13pm On Apr 20, 2007
I'm 100% for it.
Re: Death Penalty For Religious Crisis Culprits by DisGuy: 3:04pm On Apr 20, 2007
or Life imprisonment

and also ethnic/tribal violence
Re: Death Penalty For Religious Crisis Culprits by Seun(m): 3:11pm On Apr 20, 2007
Murder already carries a maximum penalty of death or life imprisonment.
If a religious fanatic is found guilty of murder in a Nigerian court, he may be hanged.
The problem is not that the penalty isn't harsh, but that they can't seem to be caught.

However, I don't support the extension of the death penalty to those who haven't killed.
Once government start killing people who have no blood on their hands, it becomes guilty of murder.
Re: Death Penalty For Religious Crisis Culprits by Mamajama(m): 3:26pm On Apr 20, 2007
But this people are instigating and perpetuating these crimes and in other words, it's leading to mass destruction of human

lives and property. A strict regulation and penalty will enable people think twice before embarking on heinous crime.

imagine a teacher killed in the North for throwing Quran on the floor? How do we justify that action? We have the

technology to help catch and prosecute this people. When will people start using their camera phones to take pictures and send it to the appropriate law enforcement for actions?
Re: Death Penalty For Religious Crisis Culprits by Seun(m): 3:40pm On Apr 20, 2007
imagine a teacher killed in the North for throwing Quran on the floor? How do we justify that action?
That is murder. The murderous children should be made to face the music under existing laws. Nothing more.
Re: Death Penalty For Religious Crisis Culprits by DisGuy: 3:44pm On Apr 20, 2007
When will people start using their camera phones to take pictures and send it to the appropriate law enforcement for actions?
perhaps when the law enforcement actually start encouraging more people to report by taking actions instead of asking for petty things like petrol and bribes
http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/news/article03/200407
Re: Death Penalty For Religious Crisis Culprits by Mamajama(m): 9:29pm On May 01, 2007
True talk
Re: Death Penalty For Religious Crisis Culprits by dblock(m): 8:43am On May 02, 2007
Call me a trouble maker, but the root of these religious Feuds is The "Sharia Law"

Children getting their hands cut off, for stealing a loaf of bred worth less than Feces.
People getting Stoned to death. It is ridiculous. If I was ever trialed for a Crime in the Middle East or Nortehrn Nigeria, such as steaing or a Gay Marriage. I would damage my prosectors, so that they ralise that Human Beings cannot be compared to Actions, Property or other Nonsense.

Religion should mean peace not war. The only thing I hate about Nigeria is Sharia (It is primitive and Dispicable) angry angry
Re: Death Penalty For Religious Crisis Culprits by Mamajama(m): 7:00pm On May 02, 2007
but Sharia is not enforcible in all the states in Nigeria. I think what the Muslim religion portray is been taken out of context by some bad element's.
Re: Death Penalty For Religious Crisis Culprits by Seun(m): 7:01pm On May 02, 2007
Bad elements are also known as criminals. The solution is to treat these people as criminals and nothing more.

(1) (Reply)

Police Arrest Two Men For Rape / Alabama Usa . Gunman `cleaned His Family Out' In Rampage / A Robber’s Regret

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.