Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,375 members, 7,836,529 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

College Of Education Akamkpa Expels Student For Refusal To Sing National Anthem - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / College Of Education Akamkpa Expels Student For Refusal To Sing National Anthem (20161 Views)

Babcock Expels Student In The Leaked Sex Video / Five FUTA Students Beat A Female Student For 'Running Her Mouth' / COE Akamkpa Degree Admission. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: College Of Education Akamkpa Expels Student For Refusal To Sing National Anthem by Dynnix34: 10:29am On Jan 30, 2019
CreepyBlackpool:
Not just expelled, she should be arrested too!angry

Rrrrruubish!!!!

How dare she disrespect our great nation?!
Is she mad?!

You don't have the right to not join the national anthem,
unless you're a lawmaker or a political appointee!!
Your brain is like used tissue paper
Re: College Of Education Akamkpa Expels Student For Refusal To Sing National Anthem by texazzpete(m): 10:30am On Jan 30, 2019
BluntBoy:

Was she expelled from the college or from a sport competition?

Whichever one, I think they should have considered her excuse. She said she was weak.

Why would a ‘weak’ person be a participant in a sports tourney?
Re: College Of Education Akamkpa Expels Student For Refusal To Sing National Anthem by Dynnix34: 10:31am On Jan 30, 2019
CreepyBlackpool:

Rrrrruubish!!!!

Is she mad?!

Re: College Of Education Akamkpa Expels Student For Refusal To Sing National Anthem by stanliwise(m): 10:33am On Jan 30, 2019
PurplePatch:
Was there ever a nation talk of it anthem? Nonsense! That how you lose a budding talent because of which useless anthem of a yet to be a country. *Spits
it is a backstab to the country... I fear you don't know the implications of rejecting your country while still in the country.

1 Like

Re: College Of Education Akamkpa Expels Student For Refusal To Sing National Anthem by stanliwise(m): 10:37am On Jan 30, 2019
Pidginwhisper:
Shey na by force!!!! grin
Don't be silly. try this in country like saudi arabia and by now she will be waiting for her death sentence

1 Like

Re: College Of Education Akamkpa Expels Student For Refusal To Sing National Anthem by mkpurumma090(f): 10:37am On Jan 30, 2019
CreepyBlackpool:

Rrrrruubish!!!!

Is she mad?!

Which nation are you talking about??

Do you know that P.man can't sing the national anthem but he is the president of the country...

Who is fooling who??

2 Likes

Re: College Of Education Akamkpa Expels Student For Refusal To Sing National Anthem by Enemyofpeace: 10:37am On Jan 30, 2019
It serves her right. Next time she will rest the national anthem of the US
Re: College Of Education Akamkpa Expels Student For Refusal To Sing National Anthem by stanliwise(m): 10:38am On Jan 30, 2019
Dynnix34:

Do you know in some country it could be counted as treason and may be punishable by death?? try this in saudi Arabia
Re: College Of Education Akamkpa Expels Student For Refusal To Sing National Anthem by Topmaike007(m): 10:40am On Jan 30, 2019
GOFRONT:
shocked

But when they suspended Onnogen over forgetfulness to declare his loaded account, everywhere catch fire!!!
no mind the thives supporting a thief
Re: College Of Education Akamkpa Expels Student For Refusal To Sing National Anthem by BluntBoy(m): 10:44am On Jan 30, 2019
texazzpete:

Why would a ‘weak’ person be a participant in a sports tourney?

I guess it was the opening day. Anyone can feel weak at a particular time during a sporting competition.

There was an AFCON tourney when Adebayor missed the first half of Togo's first game due to diarrhea.

She might have traveled hale and hearty only to arrive sick or weak.

They should have put into consideration her complaint. Many footballers and sportsmen and women have lost their lives because they kept on pushing even when their bodies were tired.

Remember Foe of Cameroon. The coach noticed his tiredness as the game progressed and decided to substitute him but for reasons best known to Foe, he refused and ended up losing his life.

2 Likes

Re: College Of Education Akamkpa Expels Student For Refusal To Sing National Anthem by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 30, 2019
The headline and the news are two different things. OP why?
Re: College Of Education Akamkpa Expels Student For Refusal To Sing National Anthem by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 30, 2019
CreepyBlackpool:

Rrrrruubish!!!!

Is she mad?!

Where is it written in the constitution that you must stand for the national anthem? It's out of respect, not by force. Stop talking off point please
Re: College Of Education Akamkpa Expels Student For Refusal To Sing National Anthem by iguita: 11:03am On Jan 30, 2019
I was going to reply the same thing. She was expelled from the freaking games. Olodo journalist
stag:
I think the topic is misleading.

She was not expelled by her school.

She was expelled by organizers of the sports event as a participant. undecided
Re: College Of Education Akamkpa Expels Student For Refusal To Sing National Anthem by uniquelyspecial(m): 11:20am On Jan 30, 2019
Princeofnigeria:
Useless JW
May all JW rot in hell where their founder Charles Taze Russell is.

God punish Charles Taze Russell for trying to bring disunity to Christendom.

May God destroy Charles Taze Russell
If this is from a Christian then Christianity is nothing better that being JW.
Re: College Of Education Akamkpa Expels Student For Refusal To Sing National Anthem by discusant: 11:22am On Jan 30, 2019
PurplePatch:
Was there ever a nation talk of it anthem? Nonsense! That how you lose a budding talent because of which useless anthem of a yet to be a country. *Spits

Anthem which praises genocidists as heros. Nonsense.
The Mohammeds are the beneficiaries of Nigeria and its anthem.
Re: College Of Education Akamkpa Expels Student For Refusal To Sing National Anthem by bruno112: 11:35am On Jan 30, 2019
dont forget that FCEs are glorified sec. sch
Re: College Of Education Akamkpa Expels Student For Refusal To Sing National Anthem by technicallyrich(m): 11:43am On Jan 30, 2019
I am suprised nobody has mentioned that she may be a biafran supporter.
I know many akwa and cross riverians that support biafra and she may be a die hard supporter.
For example i am frim the treasure base of africa(rivers state) and i love and support biafra.

1 Like

Re: College Of Education Akamkpa Expels Student For Refusal To Sing National Anthem by williamslw: 11:45am On Jan 30, 2019
Princeofnigeria:
Useless JW

I just pity you...I dont think you really undersrand the english writen there....Coconut head�����

2 Likes

Re: College Of Education Akamkpa Expels Student For Refusal To Sing National Anthem by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jan 30, 2019
Princeofnigeria:
Useless JW

This has nothing to do with Charles Taze Russell.
The girl's Bill of right or Constitutional rights is violated, which amounts to rape.
Her right to freedom of expression is violated, that means one has the right to remain silent.
There's no where or any clauses in the nation constitution that stipulates an action or inaction for one to stand up when national anthem is being played.
Don't be enraged against a dead man. There are more disunity in so called Christiandom churches today, when churches are now personal business empire than during the times of Charles T Russell

1 Like

Re: College Of Education Akamkpa Expels Student For Refusal To Sing National Anthem by Vince77(m): 12:24pm On Jan 30, 2019
Abjay97:
She maybe Jehovah Witness

They don't recite the national anthem?
Re: College Of Education Akamkpa Expels Student For Refusal To Sing National Anthem by inosend: 12:42pm On Jan 30, 2019
harley88:

shut the Bleep up.......if you can't respect your country enough to stand up when the anthem is being sung, then such person shud be shown the way out. No president would sit when the anthem is being sung.
Do you know that students in some islam-affiliated schools in the north do NOT sing the national anthem even as I text? Want some proofs, ie names?

1 Like

Re: College Of Education Akamkpa Expels Student For Refusal To Sing National Anthem by LZAA: 2:04pm On Jan 30, 2019
Abjay97:
I tell u
Those ppl kolo no be hia
Even blood transfusion dm dy regret
Re: College Of Education Akamkpa Expels Student For Refusal To Sing National Anthem by LZAA: 2:05pm On Jan 30, 2019
Vince77:

They don't recite the national anthem?
They refuse blood transfusion sef

1 Like

Re: College Of Education Akamkpa Expels Student For Refusal To Sing National Anthem by Etuagievin(m): 2:56pm On Jan 30, 2019
Princeofnigeria:
Useless JW

. I doubt if the Almighty God is the one you ate praying to

1 Like

Re: College Of Education Akamkpa Expels Student For Refusal To Sing National Anthem by stanliwise(m): 2:58pm On Jan 30, 2019
Pidginwhisper:
Don't be silly. This is Nigeria not Saudi.
I know you skipped english class not be able to comprehend what I wrote.
Re: College Of Education Akamkpa Expels Student For Refusal To Sing National Anthem by BigBizzy(m): 4:03pm On Jan 30, 2019
no no no!

this must never be allowed to happen.

people are now beginning to copy Buhari tyranny.

you expect her to believe in a country that doesn't believe in her...our anthem is by choice and not by force...that anthem is a waste of lengary prose...
Re: College Of Education Akamkpa Expels Student For Refusal To Sing National Anthem by Chukabiz1961(m): 4:48pm On Jan 30, 2019
Abjay97:
Commenting without reading is the result of this.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

1985 Average Primary School Fees Was N10 (ten Naira) / Nigerian Lady Who Had COVID-19 During Pregnancy Welcomes Baby, Bags PhD (Photo) / 20 Best Courses VS 20 Worse Courses In NIGERIA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.