Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,062 members, 7,859,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 07:52 PM

So Sad: The Music Industry Mourns A Legendary Rnb Singer—james Ingram - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / So Sad: The Music Industry Mourns A Legendary Rnb Singer—james Ingram (368 Views)

Fans Reactions To Moses Ingram And Star Wars Victim Of Racism / American R&B Singer, James Ingram Dies At 66 / R&B Legend James Ingram Dead At 66 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

So Sad: The Music Industry Mourns A Legendary Rnb Singer—james Ingram by Article8: 8:19pm On Jan 31, 2019
[b]So Sad: The Music Industry Mourns a Legendary RnB Singer—James Ingram
[/b]The news of the death of the late Grammy award-winning music star, James Ingram, was announced on social media (twitter) by his longtime friend and creative partner, Debbie Allen.
She tweeted around 9pm on 29th of January, 2019. “I have lost my dearest friend and creative partner James Ingram to the Celestial Choir. He will always be cherished, loved and remembered for his genius, his love of family and his humanity. I am blessed to have been so close. We will forever speak his name.”

It is a sad news for the music industry and the world as many people love his music.
He died at the age of 66 after losing a battle with brain cancer. Cancer in recent years have claimed a lot of lives even though the World Health Organization and other Organizations of the world have been putting up a fight against it. Lord have mercy on us. Cancer, however, if not managed well can be terminal. James lost the fight after struggling with it for some years now.

During his lifetime, legendary singer, Ingram had collaborations with big music names such as Michael Jackson, Quincy Jones, Anita Baker, Linda Ronstadt, Barry White and Dolly Parton.

He is best known for wonderful hits like “Baby, Come to Me” which was released in 1983 and “I Don’t Have the Heart”. The Ohio native started his music career with the band “Revelation Funk”. During the course of his glittering career, he earned 14 Grammy awards nomination while his duet with Patti Austin, “How Do You Keep the Music Playing,” earned an Oscar nomination for best original song in 1983 among other nominations and awards.

May the soul of this legend, James Ingram rest in the celestials…

https://article8.ng/single.php?post-slug=So+Sad%3A+The+Music+Industry+Mourns+a+Legendary+RnB+Singer%E2%80%94James+Ingram+&read=747

(1) (Reply)

Team IYA EKID 2019 Pays A Courtesy Visit To The Next Governor Of Akwa Ibom State / Nollywood Actress Regina Daniels Love And Boyfriend-all You Need To Know / 18 Years After,media Personality IK Osakioduwa Announces His Exit From Rhythm Fm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.