Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,025 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

My Akwa Ibom NYSC Food Blog/diary - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Akwa Ibom NYSC Food Blog/diary (1803 Views)

Get Your Food Blog Website, Recipe Website, Restaurant Website Here / Interview With Pocohantas About Her Food Blog, And Herself / Abuja Photograper Just Started His Own Food Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Akwa Ibom NYSC Food Blog/diary by mikeljims(m): 7:41am On Feb 01, 2019
Well, I’ll be here for my mandatory youth service.
No denying Akwa Ibom has some of the nicest and delicious dishes in Nigeria...and being who I am; I like woman food! I dey straight forward smiley With a good tarred road network (barely any pot holes) to connect you to every part of the Uyo city..I no go lie, dem road fine �
Re: My Akwa Ibom NYSC Food Blog/diary by mikeljims(m): 7:48am On Feb 01, 2019
Rice with chicken pepper soup

So this was my first time tasting this delicious awesomeness and I was hooked. Very soft chickens, spicy and tasty soup..I no go lie, I had to ask for extra. So yeah it was homemade by my friend’s girlfriend who’s an Akwa ibomite so unfortunately no location and y’all can’t have a taste sad

2 Likes

Re: My Akwa Ibom NYSC Food Blog/diary by mikeljims(m): 7:53am On Feb 01, 2019
Night life.

Well good to know their Hennessy no too cost here compared to a number of other places av been. Loud and sound speakers. Decent sittings for an open hangout. Fine scenery inside with the pool side and beautiful garden like decorations.
Well, just not enough parking space sad

1 Like

Re: My Akwa Ibom NYSC Food Blog/diary by mikeljims(m): 7:59am On Feb 01, 2019
Garri with white soup.

Well, I’ll admit this isn’t the best white soup av had. But for the price and quantity, I no go lie..e make sense. You see as the assorted dey well sorted and soft ba? smiley

4 Likes

Re: My Akwa Ibom NYSC Food Blog/diary by mikeljims(m): 8:04am On Feb 01, 2019
Coconut rice, chicken with fried plantains.

Okay the rice was very nice, but the chicken was nicer. Plantain well fried..I had to get one takeaway for bae I no go lie. Disappointed they tend to run out of these quick, so one has to be lucky.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Akwa Ibom NYSC Food Blog/diary by mikeljims(m): 8:09am On Feb 01, 2019

I don almost chop this one finish before I remember snap sef. Soup was a little watery, but the chicken was well cooked. Nice environment too with fine fine attendants. I should also mention their demo and garri are well decorated. Forgot to take a pics the day I had that.
Btw..na even google map carry me go here being I was at the zonal office. Just searched closest restaurant.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Akwa Ibom NYSC Food Blog/diary by Nobody: 8:13am On Feb 01, 2019
mikeljims:

I don almost chop this one finish before I remember snap sef. Soup was a little watery, but the chicken was well cooked. Nice environment too with fine fine attendants. I should also mention their demo and garri are well decorated. Forgot to take a pics the day I had that.
Btw..na even google map carry me go here being I was at the zonal office. Just searched closest restaurant.
I hear say those Akwa Ibom gals can fvck person to oblivion cheesy
Re: My Akwa Ibom NYSC Food Blog/diary by mikeljims(m): 8:15am On Feb 01, 2019

My padi decided to take over the kitchen for this day and to my surprise, he didn’t disappoint. Maybe because he’s a calabar boy. Soft chickens with nice tasty soup. Btw..I no understand the tomato thing on top but yeah..e even make my picture fine more.

2 Likes

Re: My Akwa Ibom NYSC Food Blog/diary by mikeljims(m): 8:21am On Feb 01, 2019
Fishermen soup with garri

Heard so much about this soup, so yeah I was looking forward to this one. These fish make sense no be lie..but Wetin surprise me most na the soup itself. Looks watery but when you scoop am with eba small and pick one of these whitish things on top (we’ll i no sabi the name), your mouth go just full with better taste. Surprisingly, e no even too cost.

3 Likes

Re: My Akwa Ibom NYSC Food Blog/diary by mikeljims(m): 8:31am On Feb 01, 2019
Vegetable soup with semo. “A la carte “

I think food house got to be one of the best kept secret in Uyo. It’s arguably one of the coolest place to eat at a relatively cheap price. But the location is actually the issue, they are a little into residential environment. So if you not using google map or being led there by someone..you’ll get lost. The foods are freshly prepared when you order (within 10-15 minutes) and of course it’s a la carte, meaning you have to order the items differently. Like vegetables with assorted has a different price to vegetables with goat meat. I did say their food are cheap compared to other places av eaten..I mean, I once paid 2500 at life power for same dish I got half the price here at food house.

3 Likes

Re: My Akwa Ibom NYSC Food Blog/diary by mikeljims(m): 9:17am On Feb 01, 2019
krattoss:
I hear say those Akwa Ibom gals can fvck person to oblivion cheesy

Lol...Well maybe not to oblivion, but I’m sure they’ll get you somewhere
Re: My Akwa Ibom NYSC Food Blog/diary by Mariangeles(f): 9:39am On Feb 01, 2019
mikeljims:
Coconut rice, chicken with fried plantains.

Okay the rice was very nice, but the chicken was nicer. Plantain well fried..I had to get one takeaway for bae I no go lie. Disappointed they tend to run out of these quick, so one has to be lucky.
See flexing... shocked

Na vacation you dey no be service abeg !

1 Like

Re: My Akwa Ibom NYSC Food Blog/diary by Holamidhe(m): 11:57pm On Feb 01, 2019
Mariangeles:
See flexing... shocked

Na vacation you dey no be service abeg !

Lol.. If I start to post my Akwa Ibom food photos here ehn, you will shock. They have good food here..

Ride on OP..
Re: My Akwa Ibom NYSC Food Blog/diary by Mariangeles(f): 8:33am On Feb 02, 2019
Holamidhe:

Lol.. If I start to post my Akwa Ibom food photos here ehn, you will shock. They have good food here..

Ride on OP..
Please do o...with the op's permission of course

I love to see pictures of different foods .
Re: My Akwa Ibom NYSC Food Blog/diary by Holamidhe(m): 11:18am On Feb 02, 2019
Mariangeles:
Please do o...with the op's permission of course

I love to see pictures of different foods .

I stay at the palace, food plenty grin grin
Re: My Akwa Ibom NYSC Food Blog/diary by Ndipe(m): 10:32pm On Dec 05, 2019
We, Akwa Ibommites, are known for making and cooking delicious cuisine in Nigeria. Next time, try other food like afang soup, atama, nkong, ekpangkukwo . . .
Re: My Akwa Ibom NYSC Food Blog/diary by CandleEyes(m): 1:35pm On Dec 06, 2019
Hmm I love rich meals.

(1) (Reply)

Ghanaian Delicacies That Can Get You Salivating! / To Be Honest How Much Is This Fish In Your Area?? / Uncommon Vegetables

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.