Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,890 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm - Agriculture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm (194583 Views)

Today I Went To Work On My Pepper Farm (video/pictures) / My Pepper Planting Challenge / Fresh Pepper Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (61) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Akposy(m): 9:31am On Apr 25, 2019
ogbongenet:
Good evening my good people, Greetings to all Christians all over the world. I WISH YOU HAPPY EASTER AND I PRAY THAT THE RESURRECTION OF JESUS WILL NOT BE IN VAIN OVER OUR LIFE.
I have been so busy nowadays, the cucumber project really took much of our time that we nearly forget we still have some other project neglected, in short this cucumber of a plant require too much time and care. For the past two weeks we are so busy staking our yam (just 6plots).
And mind you we still have the seed yam project,pepper and Golden Mellon. The major problem is that we don't have enough hands,to get farm worker this days is not easy,most of our youth are not ready to get their hands dirty but dey won ride vensa. By God grace later today or tomorrow I will create another trend for seed yam production (stay tune).
I GREET THOSE THAT KEEP CALLING AND SENDING SMS..MISS YOU ALL.

Well-done sir
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by FMCASH(m): 8:37pm On Apr 27, 2019
Cocoboms:

Thanks for your response to my question sir. I appreciate.
I'm not experiencing that though. I don't have pollination issues with my cukes. I haven't grown nagano f1 before, so I'm just looking for suitable early hybrid (in case of my next production) to replace the Marketer cucumber I'm currently use cos it produces d male flowers for my other varieties. I'm growing Murano 2 f1, Kenzo 2 f1 and Darina f1. I put marketer for better pollination for more production.
hello bro, please can you share your experience on kenzo f1, is it better to Tokyo f1 in terms of yield, size, how many days to first harvest and resistance to disease, thanks.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Cocoboms(m): 3:05am On Apr 28, 2019
FMCASH:
hello bro, please can you share your experience on kenzo f1, is it better to Tokyo f1 in terms of yield, size, how many days to first harvest and resistance to disease, thanks.

Hi sir, I haven't grown Tokyo f1 before, so I can't make a comparison.
I'll start with resistance to disease. I'm growing Kenzo 2 f1 for the first time this DRY season and I'm regular with my pesticide spray program every 10days. Fungal disease hasn't been a challenge to me cos we just left dry season. I didn't spray a single dose of fungicide on my Cucumbers throughout the dry season. But I started adding fungicide to my spraying just few days ago as a precautionary measure since d rains have started. I havent noticed any other disease on my Kenzo 2 f1. Now I believe you know Kenzo 2 f1 is a "completely' Gynoecious hybrid producing only female flowers.

I use drip irrigation and I fertigate with soluble plant nutrients through the drip irrigation water on a daily basis. With this practice, I have noticed Kenzo 2 f1 is an aggressive grower (the vines get very big very fast). It produces alot of side shoots which are very productive.
The fruits are also big in size (close to Murano 2 f1 in size) and even more dark green than Murano 2 f1. It takes 40days till first harvest. I hope this helps. However, you can't plant it alone as it doesn't produce male flowers.

1 Like

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by FMCASH(m): 11:39am On Apr 28, 2019
Cocoboms:

I'll start with resistance to disease. I'm growing Kenzo 2 f1 for the first time this DRY season and I'm regular with my pesticide spray program every 10days. Fungal disease hasn't been a challenge to me cos we just left dry season. I didn't spray a single dose of fungicide on my Cucumbers throughout the dry season. But I started adding fungicide to my spraying just few days ago as a precautionary measure since d rains have started. I havent noticed any other disease on my Kenzo 2 f1. Now I believe you know Kenzo 2 f1 is a "completely' Gynoecious hybrid producing only female flowers.

I use drip irrigation and I fertigate with soluble plant nutrients through the drip irrigation water on a daily basis. With this practice, I have noticed Kenzo 2 f1 is an aggressive grower (the vines get very big very fast). It produces alot of side shoots which are very productive.
The fruits are also big in size (close to Murano 2 f1 in size) and even more dark green than Murano 2 f1. It takes 40days till first harvest. I hope this helps. However, you can't plant it alone as it doesn't produce male flowers.
thanks very much, did you allow the side shoot to grow or you prune off? Its kenzo f1 differ from kenzo 2 f1. Very great that all is female, you do harvest up to how many fruit per plant with good agricultural practice, thanks?

How much is 50grams

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by excanny: 11:53am On Apr 28, 2019
okoroemeka:
only good systemic fungicides will save a pepper farm from july-september peak of rainy season,water does not wash it off unlike contact fungicides that 2 strong rainfalls will wash off all application,as long there is a brief window of sunlight that allows a systemic application to dry on the leaves it will translocate throughout the whole crops including the roots and new leaves coming out,even if rain fall as long as the application is dry on the leafs it's OK

What's the effects of these systemic chemicals on human health?
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by okoroemeka(m): 1:34pm On Apr 28, 2019
excanny:

What's the effects of these systemic chemicals on human health?
if it has any effect all of us should have been dead long ago, because without these chemicals it's impossible to grow vegetables in the tropics,the humidity and temperature helps everything to grow to the next level including weeds,insects,fungal and bacterial issues, even all of those chemicals sometimes can not kill some insects like leaf miner and whitefly.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Cocoboms(m): 1:37pm On Apr 28, 2019
FMCASH:
thanks very much, did you allow the side shoot to grow or you prune off? Its kenzo f1 differ from kenzo 2 f1. Very great that all is female, you do harvest up to how many fruit per plant with good agricultural practice, thanks?

How much is 50grams

Since I started the cukes in the dry season, I didn't bother to prune. I don't know if Kenzo f1 differs from Kenzo 2 f1, Kenzo 2 f1 MIGHT be an improvement on Kenzo f1. But most 50g tin available come as Kenzo 2 f1. I have only ever seen Kenzo f1 as a 5g sachet.

This is my first time of growing Kenzo 2 f1, so I'm not sure how many fruits per plant, but I can clearly see that it's very productive. But you mustn't forget that your yield for any good variety still boils down to GOOD AGRICULTURAL PRACTICES.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Cocoboms(m): 1:39pm On Apr 28, 2019
FMCASH:

How much is 50grams

I have noticed that Murano 2 f1 can comfortably produce 10 fruits and above with a very good fertilization program.

50g of Kenzo 2 f1 when I bought mine was 6700 naira.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by FMCASH(m): 2:11pm On Apr 28, 2019
Cocoboms:

I have noticed that Murano 2 f1 can comfortably produce 10 fruits and above with a very good fertilization program.

thanks for your swift response, happy farming

1 Like

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by opeyemix: 2:50pm On Apr 28, 2019
I bless the day that I saw this thread. My Ogas in the house thanks for all the Info. Plz if at all there is a whatsapp group for this thread, kindly share me the link because there is more that I am yet to learn
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by excanny: 7:50pm On Apr 28, 2019
okoroemeka:
if it has any effect all of us should have been dead long ago, because without these chemicals it's impossible to grow vegetables in the tropics,the humidity and temperature helps everything to grow to the next level including weeds,insects,fungal and bacterial issues, even all of those chemicals sometimes can not kill some insects like leaf miner and whitefly.

Why are they banning them in the US and in Europe?

Moreover, don't expect them to kill instantly. We are talking of slow cancerous growth over the years.

4 Likes

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by FMCASH(m): 8:04pm On Apr 28, 2019
excanny:

Why are they banning them in the US and in Europe?

Moreover, don't expect them to kill instantly. We are talking of slow cancerous growth over the years.
are you a farmer?
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by excanny: 12:34am On Apr 29, 2019
FMCASH:
are you a farmer?
Yes

1 Like

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by FMCASH(m): 11:01am On Apr 29, 2019
excanny:

Yes
you can't feed the nation with 100% organic
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Pes13: 3:09pm On Apr 29, 2019
Cocoboms:

Please, what soluble fertilizer did you used(brand name and active ingredients).

NPK granular is hectic to work with(making sure it doesn't burn the fragile cucumber root, and at the same time, it must be applied closely as possible is really stressful) .
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by opeyemix: 4:19pm On Apr 29, 2019
okoroemeka:
a PHI of 4 days is suitable for almost most fungicides and insecticides,u Target to spray the day u will harvest so by next harvest (4 days)it would have dissipated.

Ogami plz can I get your email address or phone number?
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Cocoboms(m): 7:46pm On Apr 29, 2019
Pes13:

Please, what soluble fertilizer did you used(brand name and active ingredients).

NPK granular is hectic to work with(making sure it doesn't burn the fragile cucumber root, and at the same time, it must be applied closely as possible is really stressful) .

I do Fertigation. Do you use drip irrigation ?
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by ogbongenet: 10:41pm On Apr 29, 2019
Cucumber farmers has taken up this thread lol.This rain is another issue,throughout this month rain only fell once and the sun is 3 much. No much time and hands to wet,my pepper is really suffering.

1 Like

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by FMCASH(m): 10:48pm On Apr 29, 2019
Cocoboms:

can I have your WhatsApp contact bro, this mine 07065317036
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Cocoboms(m): 10:57pm On Apr 29, 2019
FMCASH:
can I have your WhatsApp contact bro, this mine 07065317036

I would message you.

1 Like

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by okoroemeka(m): 5:25am On Apr 30, 2019
ogbongenet:
Cucumber farmers has taken up this thread lol.This rain is another issue,throughout this month rain only fell once and the sun is 3 much. No much time and hands to wet,my pepper is really suffering.
this is a serious crisis,the weather definitely is changing and we have to adapt and change with it,the last rain in our area in 2018 was on 14 October and it didn't rain again until middle March 2019 and since then we have seen rain roughly 4 times, planning for drip irrigation is a must for any big vegetables farmer this coming dry season, because there will be less rain,high temperature and soaring heat.

1 Like

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Jove2012: 10:55am On Apr 30, 2019
God wil help us with dis rain of a thing o,
please do tomato seed needs to be soaked or given any special treatment for the seeds to germinate also how do i achieve a higher percentage of seeds that will germinate fromm pepper. frm d can i bought (big sun m). i dnt have up to 700 germinatd seedlings
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by ogbongenet: 3:50pm On Apr 30, 2019
Jove2012:
please do tomato seed needs to be soaked or given any special treatment for the seeds to germinate also how do i achieve a higher percentage of seeds that will germinate fromm pepper. frm d can i bought (big sun m). i dnt have up to 700 germinatd seedlings
You can also soak tomatoe seed . Tomatoes seed has higher germination rate compared to pepper seed.That 700 seedlings is not too bad , if you maintain it very well just 3 times harvest will cover the cost of the seed.The one I did last I got more that 4k seedlings but I wasn't around to wet and my wife that supposed to cover up for me fell sick,i lost more than 80% of the seedlings ,very painful.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by ogbongenet: 3:55pm On Apr 30, 2019
okoroemeka:
this is a serious crisis,the weather definitely is changing and we have to adapt and change with it,the last rain in our area in 2018 was on 14 October and it didn't rain again until middle March 2019 and since then we have seen rain roughly 4 times, planning for drip irrigation is a must for any big vegetables farmer this coming dry season, because there will be less rain,high temperature and soaring heat.
You are right bro.irrigation is just the solution,though it's expensive but it's the best if someone want to make it in vegetables farming.CLIMATE CHANGE IS REAL
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by okoroemeka(m): 4:52pm On Apr 30, 2019
Jove2012:
hmm,700 germinated seedlings from a 50 gram can, average 10,000 seeds,that is a disaster,many things can cause that,1,we use soil that has been strelized by burning firewood on top this eliminates all soil parasites,2 covering seeds with a thick layer of soil makes it difficult for young crops to come out,3 over watering,a nursery tray topsoil will be dry before any watering,4 hot pepper seed need to be soaked in water overnight to speed the germination process, because the more a seed stays in soil many will rot
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Jove2012: 11:19pm On Apr 30, 2019
okoroemeka:
hmm,700 germinated seedlings from a 50 gram can, average 10,000 seeds,that is a disaster,many things can cause that,1,we use soil that has been strelized by burning firewood on top this eliminates all soil parasites,2 covering seeds with a thick layer of soil makes it difficult for young crops to come out,3 over watering,a nursery tray topsoil will be dry before any watering,4 hot pepper seed need to be soaked in water overnight to speed the germination process, because the more a seed stays in soil many will rot

THANKS. I will take note and make amendments
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Jove2012: 11:22pm On Apr 30, 2019
ogbongenet:

You can also soak tomatoe seed . Tomatoes seed has higher germination rate compared to pepper seed.That 700 seedlings is not too bad , if you maintain it very well just 3 times harvest will cover the cost of the seed.The one I did last I got more that 4k seedlings but I wasn't around to wet and my wife that supposed to cover up for me fell sick,i lost more than 80% of the seedlings ,very painful.

THANKS. NOTED SIR
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Pes13: 11:37am On May 01, 2019
Cocoboms:

No sir. But what type of soluble fertilizer do you use for fertigation.

I am planning for drip irrigation in my subsequent planting, but it's quite expensive though.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Cocoboms(m): 8:50pm On May 01, 2019
Pes13:

I am planning for drip irrigation in my subsequent planting, but it's quite expensive though.

Urea and some other jubaili fertilizer
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Konafas: 4:25pm On May 05, 2019
Cocoboms:

Please how can I get this kenzo2f1 to buy
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Cocoboms(m): 8:19pm On May 05, 2019
Konafas:

Please how can I get this kenzo2f1 to buy

You can buy from any agritropic office nationwide. They have many offices.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Seedforthagro1: 2:05pm On May 06, 2019
Pes13:

Seedforth agro sells drip irrigation. High quality at affordable rate

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (61) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farming: My Story / Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.