Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,012 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Stardom Has Robbed Me Of Many Things –waje - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Stardom Has Robbed Me Of Many Things –waje (13417 Views)

Banky W: I Sang For Armed Robbers Who Robbed Me / Yul Edochie: Nonso Diobi Sheltered And Fed Me In Lagos On My Way To Stardom / Waje Congratulates Wizkid On His London Royal Albert Hall Sold Out. Fan Kicks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stardom Has Robbed Me Of Many Things –waje by unclesuruoffi: 4:04am On Feb 02, 2019
Waje who recounted her journey to becoming a superstar singer, disclosed that stardom has robbed her of many things. 

Waje who is a gender equality advocate, told Eric Dumo how she handles societal expectations in the new interview and here are excerpts below; 

You were born in Ondo but raised in Benin, Edo State, how did this shape your life as a growing girl?

Honestly, that part of my life is something I cannot really remember because I was a baby then. I remember that my mother went to visit a sister in Akure, Ondo State while my father was living at Maroko in Lagos. It was while she was there that she gave birth to me.

Though I lived part of my life in Maroko, it is growing up in Benin that I remember the most. It was a very memorable period of my life.

When I was in Junior Secondary School 3, I once gave a rendition in the school church and this attracted the attention of the late Bishop Benson Idahosa. He was so impressed that he gave me a scholarship which I enjoyed throughout my senior secondary school years. I remain grateful to him even in death.

As a star, do you sometimes come under pressure to live a certain kind of life?

Yes, I do and I think this happens to most entertainers. The social media sometimes want to push you into doing certain things but it is your ability to stay disciplined that keeps you on the right track.

There were times I wanted to take certain decisions based on what the expectations of people were and the brand I represented but because I was fortunate to have good people around me, I didn’t take those steps. I am lucky I have great people around me that don’t make me feel this pressure.

So, has being a star robbed you of anything?

Yes, it has robbed me of many things including being comfortable. I am a very simple person who sometimes wants to go out without wearing makeup. I am comfortable wearing flip-flops but because you are a star, sometimes you cannot do so because of the brand you are trying to project.

A lot of persons look up to you and want to be like you for many different reasons. They expect that as a celebrity, you should maintain a certain standard and you don’t want to disappoint such persons. To be honest, maintaining that celebrity status requires a lot of sacrifice.

https://unclesuru.com/2019/02/02/stardom-has-robbed-me-of-many-things-waje/

1 Like

Re: Stardom Has Robbed Me Of Many Things –waje by GistMeMore: 4:10am On Feb 02, 2019
Lol

Wife Sets Husband’s Side Chic Up By Inviting Her Over And Then Beat Her Up >>> WATCH SEX VIDEO HERE
Re: Stardom Has Robbed Me Of Many Things –waje by amalab30(m): 4:57am On Feb 02, 2019
And has given you a lot of money!

9 Likes

Re: Stardom Has Robbed Me Of Many Things –waje by FirstSamurai: 4:58am On Feb 02, 2019
Sincerely your choice smiley

1 Like

Re: Stardom Has Robbed Me Of Many Things –waje by itiswellandwell: 4:58am On Feb 02, 2019
Sacrifices you pay for being a star. You tired of the stardom? Do let me know if you don't mind borrowing my irrelevant ex your stardom for a week. Just wish to let her understand and feel what it means to be relevant for once.

8GB Atm card flash drive for #1000 only. Check link
https://www.nairaland.com/4972442/clearance-sales-
quality-8gb-atm
Re: Stardom Has Robbed Me Of Many Things –waje by Onlinealaba(m): 5:00am On Feb 02, 2019
Swo we should fry beans, as if she is not enjoying every bit of the moment, ure a star(celebrity) and that a lucky status for you, anyway let me face my biz Check my siggy, get your electronics, SMART TVs, air conditioners, washing machines and sound bars at affordable rate,payment on delivery, BUY4ME services available too with POD option
Re: Stardom Has Robbed Me Of Many Things –waje by Monaco2(m): 5:02am On Feb 02, 2019
grin

3 Likes

Re: Stardom Has Robbed Me Of Many Things –waje by PastorandMentor(m): 5:06am On Feb 02, 2019
How much did she pay for the advert? We don't know her here in UK

3 Likes

Re: Stardom Has Robbed Me Of Many Things –waje by Nobody: 5:07am On Feb 02, 2019
So, literally, you are living your life according to the standards set by some people and not standards set by yourself. pfftt...Wish you the best ma'am.

3 Likes

Re: Stardom Has Robbed Me Of Many Things –waje by FunctionX(m): 5:11am On Feb 02, 2019
check my signature and topics for quality training
Re: Stardom Has Robbed Me Of Many Things –waje by Nobody: 5:37am On Feb 02, 2019
Popularity is no joke at all

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stardom Has Robbed Me Of Many Things –waje by Speedyconnect15: 6:18am On Feb 02, 2019
I thought it was a male until i saw her pic.

Ayam old skul shaa

Sell airtime to us and make cash.

GET NEW YEAR MTN DATA PROMO BELOW!

Just click the details and over 734 testimonies below.

Daalu nu!

1 Like

Re: Stardom Has Robbed Me Of Many Things –waje by alexiskenny: 6:18am On Feb 02, 2019
Even this "C" list celebrity is feeling on top of the world.

Just like skiibii was behaving like Kanye West just because of his sensima single that is making waves.

I dont even recognize her if she were seated next to me.

4 Likes

Re: Stardom Has Robbed Me Of Many Things –waje by Jamal090(m): 6:22am On Feb 02, 2019
Plots of land available for sales at Opic, Isheri Estates Community, Isheri-Olofin.

1) 665sqms, right on the main road, just 4mins drive after Channels Television and 10mins drive from the main community entrance.. This property can be used for commercial purposes.
Price - 25 million
Title - Global C of O
Neighbours;
Channels Television
Cradville Montessori
Riverside College
Riverview Estate
Lonnex Gardens

Survey plan available upon request by serious buyer

2) 655sqms, just 2 mins Trek from main road junction, 4mins drive after Channels Television and 10mins drive from main community entrance.

Price - 20 million
Title on property - Global C of O
Neighbours;
Channels Television
Cradville Montessori
Riverside College
Riverview Estate
Lonnex Gardens

Survey plan available upon request by serious buyer

3)327sqms, 2 mins trek from main road junction, 4 mins drive from Channels Television and 10mins drive from main community entrance.

Price - 8 million
Neighbours - same as above

survey plan available upon request by serious buyer

4) 655sqms available just 3mins trek from main road junction, 4 mins drive after Channels Television and 10mins drive from the main community entrance.

Price - 10 million
Neighbours - same as above

survey plan available upon request by serious buyer

Call/WhatsApp 07010816900 or 07068736170

https://www.nairaland.com/4986941/c-o-plots-land-available
Re: Stardom Has Robbed Me Of Many Things –waje by castro316: 6:44am On Feb 02, 2019
I like this girl already
Re: Stardom Has Robbed Me Of Many Things –waje by Nobody: 6:58am On Feb 02, 2019
It all depends on you. And the confidence u project in being urself. Dont know why she feels fans expect her to wear high heels & makeup as she leaves her house.

Simi doesn't wear makeup except when she has a show. Most of her instagram pictures are barefaced. In fact she will wear 'questionable' clothes on top. But she still gets thousands of comments and a lot of love from her fans. No one expects to see her in shoprite fully made up, cos she's made dt clear about herself.

You just have to stick to ur own principles.

3 Likes

Re: Stardom Has Robbed Me Of Many Things –waje by SEGLIZ: 8:09am On Feb 02, 2019
celebrity life is just a life you chose for yourself not the expectation of the people of you.
nothing is stopping you from dripping by at the your usual roadside to pick up your bòòlì and èpà (roasted plantain and groundnut).
if celebrity life is depriving you of this then bondage is luxury such individual. in simple fact celebrity life is nothing but classified bondage and an illutionary escape from inferiority complex by way of more deepen inferiority complex.
Re: Stardom Has Robbed Me Of Many Things –waje by Houseofglam7(f): 8:39am On Feb 02, 2019
That's the path you chose
Suck it up undecided
Re: Stardom Has Robbed Me Of Many Things –waje by agaliboy: 9:27am On Feb 02, 2019
Who dey deceive this one?. Stardom ko, BBnaija ni?. You're not a star jare!
Re: Stardom Has Robbed Me Of Many Things –waje by Nobody: 10:22am On Feb 02, 2019
I actually like waje. She is one of the few women in the industry I respect. So down to earth and everything. She no get wahala and she can sing
Re: Stardom Has Robbed Me Of Many Things –waje by seangy4konji: 10:24am On Feb 02, 2019
But it gave you yam and egg with a lot of fish pepper soup
Re: Stardom Has Robbed Me Of Many Things –waje by Nobody: 12:44pm On Feb 02, 2019
RAGGA40:
Popularity is no joke at all
Fame u mean. Dts why its called the fame monster.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Acting Makes Me Live Fake Life Says Toyin Aimakhu. / Rapper Azealia Banks Shares Nude Photo With Her Breasts On Display / P-square Wins $1 Million As Kora Award African Artiste Of The Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.