Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,479 members, 7,812,473 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

Yam Business Enquiries - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Yam Business Enquiries (1775 Views)

Young Lady Uses 250k Boyfriend Gave Her For Hair To Start Fried Yam Business / Come In If You Are Interested In Yam Business / I Have Trained Five Graduates With Proceeds From Roasted Yam Business - Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yam Business Enquiries by harlee(m): 3:58pm On Feb 02, 2019
Hello house,next week I'll be travelling to Benue state,to see my dad but also double as a business trip to Zaki baim to purchase yams(200 or over it) and other agricultural produce I can lay my hands on.pls I need help on how to sell it in south west when I come back.because i'd like to sell it also in wholesale.thanks

2 Likes

Re: Yam Business Enquiries by omo17(m): 2:12pm On Feb 03, 2019
Anybody with idea?
Re: Yam Business Enquiries by Belloadekunle: 2:41pm On Feb 03, 2019
omo17:
Anybody with idea?
I also want to buy like a truck load.

Can we talk or can I get a farmer's contact from you
Re: Yam Business Enquiries by omo17(m): 2:48pm On Feb 03, 2019
Belloadekunle:

I also want to buy like a truck load.

Can we talk or can I get a farmer's contact from you

I am also looking for ideas on how to go about the biz
Re: Yam Business Enquiries by harlee(m): 3:18pm On Feb 03, 2019
omo17:

I am also looking for ideas on how to go about the biz
can I single farmer give u a truck load,am talking of going to the market physically to buy it
Re: Yam Business Enquiries by omo17(m): 3:35pm On Feb 03, 2019
harlee:
can I single farmer give u a truck load,am talking of going to the market physically to buy it

I don't have answers to all d questions, like I said , I am also looking for who is presently doing this biz. Since u are going to Benue, you should get some info needed
Re: Yam Business Enquiries by harlee(m): 3:53pm On Feb 03, 2019
omo17:

I don't have answers to all d questions, like I said , I am also looking for who is presently doing this biz. Since u are going to Benue, you should get some info needed
ya,I would update u when I travel
Re: Yam Business Enquiries by bigiyaro(m): 4:10pm On Feb 03, 2019
harlee:
Hello house,next week I'll be travelling to Benue state,to see my dad but also double as a business trip to Zaki baim to purchase yams(200 or over it) and other agricultural produce I can lay my hands on.pls I need help on how to sell it in south west when I come back.because i'd like to sell it also in wholesale.thanks
if you are in Lagos mile 2 market is der nah, or you can just go to any big foodstuffs market near you and tell any yam seller that you have yams to sell, trust me, they will buy it sharply.

1 Like

Re: Yam Business Enquiries by omo17(m): 5:58pm On Feb 03, 2019
harlee:
ya,I would update u when I travel

Alright, like bigiyaro said you can make enquiry at mile12, mile12 is a big foodstuff market.

1 Like

Re: Yam Business Enquiries by harlee(m): 10:40pm On Feb 11, 2019
Thanks y'all, for security reasons,I won't be travelling until after polls.thanks
Re: Yam Business Enquiries by Toby122(m): 5:21am On Feb 12, 2019
Hello..am interested.... Into grain and yam reselling business.. Though i buy from distributor here in Aba.. Buh will lyk to get a direct contact of farmers... Pls u can whatsapp or call me with dis 08066636098.. So we talk better
Re: Yam Business Enquiries by harlee(m): 7:34am On Feb 12, 2019
Already at mile 12 this morning, waiting to meet the agent(dilila at they are called)

Re: Yam Business Enquiries by harlee(m): 7:34am On Feb 12, 2019
Toby122:
Hello..am interested.... Into grain and yam reselling business.. Though i buy from distributor here in Aba.. Buh will lyk to get a direct contact of farmers... Pls u can whatsapp or call me with dis 08066636098.. So we talk better
I'll call u later
Re: Yam Business Enquiries by holysaint1(m): 7:55am On Feb 12, 2019
harlee:
Already at mile 12 this morning, waiting to meet the agent(dilila at they are called)
This is lovely.. Am super interested.. Pls don't forget to update us.

And pls you can drop your whatsapp number for easy contact. Thanks.
Re: Yam Business Enquiries by harlee(m): 3:46pm On Feb 12, 2019
So,I later met the agent in charge of reselling, n he started the interview, he asked if I was into the business before,where I would always get my produce,and If I was based in lag..my answers:am based in lag,no first time going into the business,Benue Zaki baim..now he advised that I go with someone who is already in the business so has to have an idea on how to purchase so as to maximize profit..I guess I understand that,yam sizes varies n I think there are 3 most important 300,400,450.....he also asked me to call when I am abt to travel,cos at the moment, the market is full..thereby making price to fall...next issue is on how to buy n transport from Benue,with the way the man was talking, he was always mention one coach which is abt 1000 for big size and 1500 for small,I never get that money..but let's see sha

1 Like

Re: Yam Business Enquiries by omo17(m): 8:01pm On Feb 12, 2019
harlee:
So,I later met the agent in charge of reselling, n he started the interview, he asked if I was into the business before,where I would always get my produce,and If I was based in lag..my answers:am based in lag,no first time going into the business,Benue Zaki baim..now he advised that I go with someone who is already in the business so has to have an idea on how to purchase so as to maximize profit..I guess I understand that,yam sizes varies n I think there are 3 most important 300,400,450.....he also asked me to call when I am abt to travel,cos at the moment, the market is full..thereby making price to fall...next issue is on how to buy n transport from Benue,with the way the man was talking, he was always mention one coach which is abt 1000 for big size and 1500 for small,I never get that money..but let's see sha

Nice one, about the coach, one can team up with another person to fill up a coach.

And about d yam size, are the numbers u put up there yam sizes?
profitability is the issue
Re: Yam Business Enquiries by spiralwedge(m): 8:25pm On Feb 12, 2019
harlee:

I can join you or 2 more people for a coach if there are ready buyers.

If the N450 big yams come in a coach of 1000piece = 450,000

How much is the transport? Is it included?

If it is included, how much will 1 yam be sold for? That is what will determine our profits.
Re: Yam Business Enquiries by Agboki: 12:30am On Feb 13, 2019
spiralwedge:

If it is included, how much will 1 yam be sold for? That is what will determine our profits.

sad sadOur Mathematicians don dey show
Re: Yam Business Enquiries by harlee(m): 8:18am On Feb 13, 2019
spiralwedge:

first of all,I don't know if there are ready buyers,except they declares interest, we'll create a whatapp group, meet and analyse the business in details..
Another thing is that 450 is the selling price here in lag,that means u have to get it cheaper plus logistics..
Re: Yam Business Enquiries by omo17(m): 9:11am On Feb 13, 2019
harlee:
first of all,I don't know if there are ready buyers,except they declares interest, we'll create a whatapp group, meet and analyse the business in details..
Another thing is that 450 is the selling price here in lag,that means u have to get it cheaper plus logistics..

Pls do you have d pics for the various yams sizes?
Re: Yam Business Enquiries by harlee(m): 3:38pm On Feb 13, 2019
omo17:

nope
Re: Yam Business Enquiries by Onnasucs1(m): 12:21am On Feb 18, 2019
Toby122:
Yams are very costly in Aba ehhn. I stayed there for a while. Now I'm in Benue, I intend going into this biz soon
Re: Yam Business Enquiries by harlee(m): 6:48am On Feb 18, 2019
Where in Benue are u??can u drop ur contact
Re: Yam Business Enquiries by neye1: 4:44am On Feb 28, 2019
Hello
Am at zaki biam now. Anyone interested in buying?
Yams are now expensive. The smallest yams go for 6k-9k.
Medium sized between 14k-19k varies.
Very large sized 40k-85k
Current price as of today.
Just incase, I can be reached on
Re: Yam Business Enquiries by neye1: 4:51am On Feb 28, 2019
Meanwhile for every 100 yam you buy, you pay 1k for shop, 100 for marking, 100 for barrow, 300 for loading plus transport which is 85k for about 1300 big yams for a section of the truck.

1 Like

Re: Yam Business Enquiries by neye1: 4:55am On Feb 28, 2019
omo17:

Depends on the size and specie.
There are yams here going for 850 there is no way you can sell it 450 at Lagos and there are some going for 120 etc it all varies.
Re: Yam Business Enquiries by Derende(m): 5:38am On Feb 28, 2019
How do one expect to sell this yam at such amount when it gets to Lagos?

Meanwhile for every 100 yam you buy, you pay 1k for shop, 100 for marking, 100 for barrow, 300 for loading plus transport which is 85k for about 1300 big yams for a section of the truck.[/quote]
Re: Yam Business Enquiries by omo17(m): 1:12pm On Feb 28, 2019
With all this figures, how can someone truly make it from this yam biz. We need someone who is presently doing it to contribute

(1) (Reply)

Helium Mining / Digstem Affiliate Marketing Business. / Cameroon’s Richest Man Baba Ahmadou Danpullo Brings MTN To Its Knees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.