Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,451 members, 7,812,378 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

INF Nuclear Treaty: Russia Follows US In Suspending Pact - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / INF Nuclear Treaty: Russia Follows US In Suspending Pact (913 Views)

Japan Criticize Russian Withdrawal From WW2 Peace Treaty Talks Over Sanctions / Furious China Warns It Could NUKE Australia due to Pact With UK & USA( Pix) / Twitter Shares Slump After Suspending Trump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

INF Nuclear Treaty: Russia Follows US In Suspending Pact by Nobody: 10:38pm On Feb 02, 2019
Russia has suspended its involvement in the Cold War-era Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty (INF) following a similar decision by the US.

President Vladimir Putin said Russia would start developing new missiles.

On Friday, the US, which has long accused Russia of violating the treaty, formally announced it was suspending its obligations under the agreement.

Signed in 1987 by the US and USSR, it banned the use of short and medium-range missiles by both countries.

"Our American partners announced that they are suspending their participation in the treaty, and we are suspending it too," Mr Putin said on Saturday.

"All of our proposals in this sphere, as before, remain on the table, the doors for talks are open," he added.

Earlier on Saturday, Nato Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg told the BBC: "All [European] allies agree with the United States because Russia has violated the treaty for several years. They are deploying more and more of the new nuclear capable missiles in Europe."

He also said the six-month period the US had given Russia to return to full compliance should be taken advantage of.

Russia has denied violating the INF accord.

What is Russia accused of doing?

The Americans say they have evidence that a new Russian missile falls within the 500-5,500km (310-3,400 miles) range banned by the treaty.

Some US officials have said that a number of 9M729 missiles - known to Nato as SSC-8 - have already been deployed.

The evidence has been put to Washington's Nato allies and they have all backed the US case .

In December, the Trump administration gave Russia 60 days to return to compliance or the US would also cease to honour its terms.

Besides denying breaking the INF treaty, Moscow says that US anti-ballistic missile interceptors being deployed in Eastern Europe could potentially violate the terms of the agreement.

What could happen next?

At Saturday's meeting with his foreign and defence ministers, President Putin said work would begin on creating new weapons.

These, he said, included a land-based version of Russia's sea-launched Kalibr cruise missile, and new hypersonic weapons which can travel more than five times the speed of sound.

But Mr Putin said Moscow would not get dragged into an expensive arms race, and would not deploy short- and medium-range missiles unless US weapons were deployed there first.

Such an arms race would be a major concern for European countries.

"These new missiles are mobile, hard to detect, nuclear capable, can reach European cities and they have hardly any warning time at all so they reduce the threshold for any potential use of nuclear weapons in a conflict," Nato's Jens Stoltenberg told the BBC.

What is the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces (INF) Treaty?

Image caption Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev and US President Ronald Reagan signed the INF Treaty in 1987
Signed by the US and the USSR in 1987, the arms control deal banned all nuclear and non-nuclear missiles with short and medium ranges , except sea-launched weapons
The US had been concerned by the Soviet deployment of the SS-20 missile system and responded by placing Pershing and cruise missiles in Europe - sparking widespread protests
By 1991, nearly 2,700 missiles had been destroyed
Both countries were allowed to inspect the other's installations
In 2007, Russian President Vladimir Putin declared the treaty no longer served Russia's interests
The move came after the US withdrew from the Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty in 2002

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47101429

Re: INF Nuclear Treaty: Russia Follows US In Suspending Pact by Nobody: 11:27pm On Feb 02, 2019
Excellent! You cannot deploy "anti-ballistic missile interceptors" into my backyard (Poland, Romania & Czech Republic) and still expect me to be playing by your rules - Ogun will kill you.

Russia has the coup de grace weapons of MAD which effectively & routinely demonstrates that no "USA" or "NATO" will exist should the bastards err in judgment. grin

Russia’s new missiles can be launched from thousands of kilometers away, are unstoppable, and it takes just one to sink a destroyer and just two to sink an aircraft carrier.

The Amerikan armada (floating bathtubs) can now be sunk without having an armada of one’s own.

The relative sizes of Amerikan and Russian economies or defense budgets are totally irrelevant.

The Russians can build more hypersonic missiles much more quickly and cheaply than the Amerikans would be able to build more aircraft carriers.

With her naval and air superiority rapidly evaporating, all that the United Snakes of Amerika can fall back on militarily is the use of large expeditionary forces - an option that is politically unpalatable and has proven to be ineffective in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Mother Russia - The saviour of Planet Earth! grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: INF Nuclear Treaty: Russia Follows US In Suspending Pact by Sawzer(m): 9:32pm On Feb 03, 2019
Zoharariel:
Excellent! You cannot deploy "anti-ballistic missile interceptors" into my backyard (Poland, Romania & Czech Republic) and still expect me to be playing by your rules - Ogun will kill you.

Russia has the coup de grace weapons of MAD which effectively & routinely demonstrates that no "USA" or "NATO" will exist should the bastards err in judgment. grin

Russia’s new missiles can be launched from thousands of kilometers away, are unstoppable, and it takes just one to sink a destroyer and just two to sink an aircraft carrier.

The Amerikan armada (floating bathtubs) can now be sunk without having an armada of one’s own.

The relative sizes of Amerikan and Russian economies or defense budgets are totally irrelevant.

The Russians can build more hypersonic missiles much more quickly and cheaply than the Amerikans would be able to build more aircraft carriers.

With her naval and air superiority rapidly evaporating, all that the United Snakes of Amerika can fall back on militarily is the use of large expeditionary forces - an option that is politically unpalatable and has proven to be ineffective in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Mother Russia - The saviour of Planet Earth! grin

You said Russia can make more missiles faster than America when America has more military budget
Please explain more
P.S. I'm one of your biggest fan

Also, does Russia have ally where they can create base (military arsenal and related stuff sha) too?

Damn,i have a lot of questions, I heard that USA can also shoot missile from space,is that true?

1 Like

Re: INF Nuclear Treaty: Russia Follows US In Suspending Pact by Nobody: 11:10pm On Feb 03, 2019
Sawzer:

You said Russia can make more missiles faster than America when America has more military budget
Please explain more

Also, does Russia have ally where they can create base (military arsenal and related stuff sha) too?

Damn,i have a lot of questions, I heard that USA can also shoot missile from space,is that true?

I was talking in relation to Amerika's armada (Aircraft Carriers). While Amerika keeps wasting money & investing in floating bathtubs, Russia is investing in hypersonic anti-ship missiles such as "Zircon" - which is cheaper & faster to produce in comparison with the Amerika's aircraft carriers. See this video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZRXFDoDsvY

Apart from China, India, North Korea, Vietnam & Turkey who make up more than half of the global population, there are many secret allies & supporters of Mother Russia who are afraid to come out in the open to proclaim their allegiance to Mother Russia for fear of being attacked, subverted & balkanized by the United Snakes of Amerika.

I am not even talking about Countries such as Cuba, Serbia, Armenia, Belarus, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kirghizistan & Nicaragua.

Russia currently maintains foreign military bases in Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Vietnam, Moldova & Syria.

Another one is currently being built in Venezuela as we speak - and there are rumours that Russian Military Cargo planes have been flying in S-300, BUK systems, Krasukha-4, Pantsir-S & other sophisticated military gears into Venezuela since last week - against the impending invasion of the children of Satan. grin

Unfortunately for the United Snakes of Amerika, there are no 50,000 paid terrorists to do the fighting for them in Venezuela like she did in Syria, so she will have to send her troops - which will be returned back home in black bodybags every 3days. grin

In fact, there's a huge support for Maduro among the Venezuelan citizens right now in the biggest rally ever. A huge concentration of people claiming "No Intervention" and chating "si se prende el peo con maduro me resteo" which means "if things gone to hell, we will be there with Maduro". grin

Juan Guaido or Gueedo will only become President in Florida or New York. grin

https://twitter.com/lubrio/status/1091744432578351107

You can also watch this video too.

https://twitter.com/OrlenysOV/status/1091745343040114689

As for the Space Weapons, none is currently operational. See the attached image.

And even if Amerika has secretly deployed any, just like she's secretly installing medium & short range missiles in Europe, hoping to launch a sneak first strike attack against Russia, trust me - they will all be neutralized by the Russian S-500 Prometey. grin

Mother Russia - The right arm of judgement against the arrogant children of abomination in Amerika & Israel! grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: INF Nuclear Treaty: Russia Follows US In Suspending Pact by Appleyard(m): 2:21pm On Feb 08, 2019
Sawzer:

Please explain more

While my comrade Zoharariel has touched on the issues of allies, let me just drop this, something that so many people easily overlook.

Alliance formations are like the ticking hands of a clock. When it is 6.a.m, you find the long arm resting peacefully at number 12 while the shorthand stays home at 6. But immediately it gets to Midnight, both the long and shorthands cuddles together in panic, docking at 12, and watches on while the seconds - counting arm moves terrifyingly across the remaining empty number spaces. cool
Now, hear ye the interpretation thereof. cool

The long and short arm thou seeth represent the allies. When it was dawn and things were normal, they can boast of their resolve, beat their chest and even threatened the bear, readily available to host some equipments of their master, Mystery Babylon.

But once it gets to midnight and the first shot is fired, the majority of them will quickly change tactics. While some will declare neutrality, others would shock their vassals by turning against them.

It is only an idiot who thinks that France will go to war with Russia to please American interest. Italy will never take up arms against Russia in favor of Britain and France, two nations that they hate so much. Spain will declare neutrality immediately because Latin America (which Spain symbolizes) hate the hegemon. Greece and Turkey can never fight side by side for obvious reasons.

Germany will be torn to shreds by east-west German ideological difference as it pertains to Russia. Ordinary sanctions is already causing major friction in Germany, not to mention the outbreak of war. Greece will never take up arms against Russia, trust them to declare neutrality.

Now, if these nations won't in one way or the other fight, who then is left to fight? I laugh at those armchair generals who always envisaged a 28 member bloc rolling into Russia in the event of war. It is when war breaks out they will understand that allies change hands in the last minutes, especially when the public starts demonstrating.

The real ally the US will have in the event of war is Britain and maybe Canada (because any nuclear strike in America will affect them as well), and possibly Australia. A lot of people don't know how majority of these nations dislike America. Turkey alliance with Russia in Syria should serve as an eye opener to the dreamers.

History always have a way of repeating itself. The Russians have a non aggression pact with the Germans prior to WW2. Yet, when the war started, they attacked Russia.

So, your ally today can become an enemy tomorrow through secret deal or long haboured hatred, or becomes neutral as a result of fear and public demonstration.

Allies are irrelevant in this issue because any war that breaks out with Russia and NATO or America will surely involved nuclear weapons that will put all European capitals at strike range of Russian hypersonic nuclear weapons. Not every nation are comfortable with that thought. cool

Now,....

Let me make something clear to you. Military spending doesn't equate to capabilities. The United States outspend the entire globe put together in military budget, but they still have to rely on Russia rocket engines to go to space.

A larger proportion of the bulk amount you hear making up US military budget ends up in the accounts of corrupt officials in Pentagon and the MIC. They overblown the contracts and siphoned the rest. Another thing that will work against US ability to produce missiles as fast as they should is the many bureaucratic processes that surround funding and budgeting in America. In the US, files will have to go through many tables, the majority of which ensures that their cut is removed and at the end, not much will be left. You can do a research on corruption in US M I C and the Pentagon.

If we are to go by the share amount of money earmarked for weapons yearly in the US, then nobody in this world should be able to match them in any area of warfare. But that is not the case. Military spending is just a crude determinant of capabilities.

Another thing people don't know is that the larger proportion of that military budget goes into personnel and infrastructural maintenance such as toothpastes, tissue papers, food, medicine, water, soaps, fuel, power, maintenance of machinery and plants, housing, and so on. Only a fraction of the that huge budget actually translate into weapon production and technical deployment.

The reason why Russia have the advantage to produce missiles faster than any other force in the world is because, Russian Military Doctrine centers on less complicated, portable and highly mobile and affordable designs per unit of equipment. Unlike their American counterparts that focuses on putting everything into one equipment, which doesn't only increases the overall cost, but also make the system more complicated and problematic to leave developmental stage quickly.

Take for instance, the Russian SU 35, which originally was a series of upgrades from the Russian legendary SU 27 (if I'm not mistaken). What this mean is that the Russians always design their equipments focusing on one particular area at first, leaving room for other areas to follow in subsequent upgrades. This mindset doesn't just make the weapon less complicated and mission-focused, it also increases the speed at which it is produced tested and delivered for use since there is hardly any complications to deal with.

Now, compare that to the US F35 which is highly problematic due to the over concentration of capabilities. The major issue with the plane today is that it is made to do TOO MANY Things at the same time, and that is the reason it keeps coming back with loads of problems here and there.

Now tell me, in the event of war where there is shortage of weapons, and the need to replenish supplies, which of these two planes will go through production faster? Your guess is as good as mine. cool

Again, take the Russian missile program as another scenario. The "S" missile series started way back in Soviet era. It all started with the renowned S-200, from then it proceeded to S-300, Now, we have the S-400, which even some NATO members and allies are cueing up to have. If you follow up with the series of upgrades, you will understand the Russian mindset pertaining to weapon design.

Today, the S-200 is still actively defending against new generational airborne threats. The S-300 takes it more than a step, posing a serious threat to airborne assets, and the S-400 completely change the theater by making stealth planes another bunch of flying coffins. The Russians now have the S-500, which can shoot down low orbital satellites in space, and as if that isn't enough, here comes the S-700, which, according to one radical Russian politician means, "No planes will fly" before getting fried like roasted suya. cool.

The thing is this, the Russian missile design mindset focuses on precepts upon precepts, line upon line, a little here, this decade, and a little there that decade. Therefore, when they build their weapons, they build it to at least, equal the demand of the threat for the time being, while leaving a greater room for improvements in the years to come.

Now, tell me, which of the American SAM technology have this mindset? None! The Yankees mindset is "do everything today, and damn tomorrow". That is the reason even the most advanced Patriot SAM falls short of competing with the best of Russian SAMs. That is why they discontinued the B-2 Spirit of Missouri production, nor were they able to produce more F-22 Raptors because, they have NOTHING to improve upon.

You get the drift now, right?

Besides, when it comes to missile technology, the Russians are king, and even Steven Wonders in his blind glasses knows that to be true.

The US is pulling out of INF today not because Russia violated it as they shamefully alleges, but because they have fallen behind like a decade compared to Russia and China's capabilities in this field.

The moment Russia fired that Kalibre cruise missiles from Submarine into Syria in 2015, America knew its game over for their Bluewater navy dominance of the seas. The last straw that broke the camel's back was when Russia commissioned the new SARMAT Missile, one of which can destroy the whole of France, then follow up with the Zircon, Khinzal, and Avangard hypersonic missiles, all of these within the space of a decade, clearly announced to the US military planners that their era of Sea and Air dominance is over.

The arrival of the S-400 and the new S-500 reduces America's dominance in traditional theaters of warfare. It is because of this fact they introduced CAATSA, a bill that seek to discourage the production and purchase of Russian SAMs by foreign nations.

When you see a whole America introducing legislation that threatens to sanction other nations that buys the Russian S-400 and other weapons, then know for sure that the US is afraid of something, and the thing is the proliferation of Russia's Missile technology.

Unfortunately for them, CAATSA didn't work out or isn't yielding the fruits they envisaged. So, the only way out is to threaten a widespread nuclear panic by pulling out of the INF Treaty, with the hope that Russia and China will come to the negotiating table while seizing the time to build their own hypersonic missiles. Unfortunately, Russia has called their bluff.

Now America can start to produce the weapons Russia already fields while Europe bleeds from being a biitch for so long, as the rest of the world Watches on the start of a new arms race. cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: INF Nuclear Treaty: Russia Follows US In Suspending Pact by BidenDTrounced: 10:23am On Apr 25, 2023

I was talking in relation to Amerika's armada (Aircraft Carriers). While Amerika keeps wasting money & investing in floating bathtubs, Russia is investing in hypersonic anti-ship missiles such as "Zircon" - which is cheaper & faster to produce in comparison with the Amerika's aircraft carriers. See this video below.

Apart from China, India, North Korea, Vietnam & Turkey who make up more than half of the global population, there are many secret allies & supporters of Mother Russia who are afraid to come out in the open to proclaim their allegiance to Mother Russia for fear of being attacked, subverted & balkanized by the United Snakes of Amerika.

I am not even talking about Countries such as Cuba, Serbia, Armenia, Belarus, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kirghizistan & Nicaragua.

Russia currently maintains foreign military bases in Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Vietnam, Moldova & Syria.

Another one is currently being built in Venezuela as we speak - and there are rumours that Russian Military Cargo planes have been flying in S-300, BUK systems, Krasukha-4, Pantsir-S & other sophisticated military gears into Venezuela since last week - against the impending invasion of the children of Satan. grin

Unfortunately for the United Snakes of Amerika, there are no 50,000 paid terrorists to do the fighting for them in Venezuela like she did in Syria, so she will have to send her troops - which will be returned back home in black bodybags every 3days. grin

In fact, there's a huge support for Maduro among the Venezuelan citizens right now in the biggest rally ever. A huge concentration of people claiming "No Intervention" and chating "si se prende el peo con maduro me resteo" which means "if things gone to hell, we will be there with Maduro". grin

As for the Space Weapons, none is currently operational. See the attached image.

And even if Amerika has secretly deployed any, just like she's secretly installing medium & short range missiles in Europe, hoping to launch a sneak first strike attack against Russia, trust me - they will all be neutralized by the Russian S-500 Prometey. grin

Mother Russia - The right arm of judgement against the arrogant children of abomination in Amerika & Israel! grin

I've received reports on Juan Guaido, I'll take action on that later in the day.
BidenDTrounced:
Gas prices dropped during covid (in Canada) why? Movements were restricted, lock downs, fewer cars on the road and therefore less demand for gas. When demand is high, price is high and when demand is low, price is low. There was low demand and production was reduced. Biden actually blamed President Putin for the increase in gas prices but you're saying it's Saudi Arabia. Americans blamed Biden and held him responsible so he had to save his own skin. It falls in the category of selfish interest. "Meanwhile, countries that do not abandon thier national interests by refusing to jump on the isolation/sanction bandwagon of the West gets a lecture. Sermons that the West itself doesn't practice.." Why do other countries get a lecture when they have to 'cave in'
BidenDTrounced:
Your statement long gan. I've concluded this topic already so I'll only highlight some interesting areas from your post and rephrase them. What did you want the US to do about Khashoggi (a US citizen that wasn't killed on US soil)? The question is what did the US do about Khashoggi? (You only mentioned threats) What would the US have done if it was a country that wasn't as influential and powerful as Saudi Arabia? Did the US impose sanctions on Korea(DPRK)?Zimbabwe? Yes Why didn't the SAUDIS rise up against MBS for the killing of Khashoggi? The majority of Saudi citizens found Khashoggi to be a traitor and agent of destabilization/division groomed by the US to make thier country a Libya 2.0 He wasn't missed by many. You said Biden threatened hail and brimestones to sanction Saudi. Shireen Abu Akleh was also a US citizen and a Journalist (that wasn't killed on US soil). She got a cold treatment because she had no political value to the schemings of Washington. Your writings and admissions further buttresses the fact that Khashoggi had indeed been a tool crafted by the US to orchestrate the breakdown of peace and order in an attempt to overthrow the legitimate govt of Saudi Arabia. You said "That is why we have diplomats. They work in the best interest of the collective MANY, not the few minorities." This closely mirrors my earlier statement "Meanwhile, countries that do not abandon thier national interests by refusing to jump on the isolation/sanction bandwagon of the West gets a lecture. Sermons that the West itself doesn't practice.." Biden went begging for oil and the Saudi Prince proved himself to be an excellent negotiator. He acquired revenue for his country while simultaneously placing Biden in his place. Brilliant diplomacy. Very brilliant. Khashoggi is another classic example of a person that allied himself to a country under the leadership of a man that's not worthy of trust or loyalty. He allowed himself to be used. Meanwhike, real journalists like Shireen Abu Akleh gets the cold shoulder.

Joe Biden vowed to make Saudi Arabia a pariah state. He failed, he bent the knee, crown prince MBS prevailed. He blamed President Putin During the Iran hijab/regime change protests, suggesting a Libya/Gaddafi 2.0:

"We're going to free Iran"
Joe Biden

What happened? He failed.

Re: INF Nuclear Treaty: Russia Follows US In Suspending Pact by BidenDTrounced: 1:28pm On Apr 25, 2023
BidenDTrounced:

I've received reports on Juan Guaido, I'll take action on that later in the day.

Joe Biden vowed to make Saudi Arabia a pariah state. He failed, he bent the knee, crown prince MBS prevailed. He blamed President Putin During the Iran hijab/regime change protests, suggesting a Libya/Gaddafi 2.0:

"We're going to free Iran"
Joe Biden

What happened? He failed.

The topic of the day on my platform.
Colombia orders Venezuelan opposition figure Juan Guaido to leave country

Colombian authorities ordered former Venezuelan opposition leader Juan Guaido, who entered the country illegally, to leave Colombia, the El Tiempo newspaper reported Tuesday, citing sources in the government.

According to the report, Guaido was also forbidden from making any public statements in Colombia. He is expected to depart from Bogota to the US.

Earlier on Monday, Guaido announced that he left Venezuela and is currently in Colombia. According to the former opposition figure, he arrived for a conference on the Venezuelan political crisis that takes place in Bogota and plans to request meetings with attending international delegations. After that, the Colombian Foreign Ministry published a statement saying that Bogota did not invite the politician to the meeting and does not expect his attendance. Colombian Foreign Minister Alvaro Leyva confirmed that Guaido entered the country in an "improper manner."
https://tass.com/world/1609041

Re: INF Nuclear Treaty: Russia Follows US In Suspending Pact by BidenDTrounced: 2:34pm On Apr 25, 2023
BidenDTrounced:
I like this version better smiley

US-backed Venezuelan opposition figure expelled by neighbor

https://www.rt.com/news/575304-colombia-expels-juan-guaido/
Re: INF Nuclear Treaty: Russia Follows US In Suspending Pact by BidenDTrounced: 3:12pm On Apr 25, 2023
Guys, this is competing with Juan for topic of the day.

South Africa’s ruling party decides to withdraw from ICC — president
South Africa's ruling African National Congress (ANC) party has decided to withdraw the country from the International Criminal Court (ICC), South African president Cyril Ramaphosa reported on Tuesday.

"The decision of the ANC to withdraw the country from the International Criminal Court is due to the ICC’s bias in certain situations," he said after talks with his Finnish counterpart Sauli Niinisto in Pretoria.

As the official spokesman for the South African president told TASS, to withdraw from the ICC, the parliament needs the corresponding decision of the National Assembly. The ANC has a majority in the lower house of the South African parliament.
https://tass.com/world/1609393

It's no surprise that SA is significantly much more developed than Nigeria.
Re: INF Nuclear Treaty: Russia Follows US In Suspending Pact by BidenDTrounced: 3:26pm On Apr 25, 2023

South Africa's ruling African National Congress (ANC) party has decided to withdraw the country from the International Criminal Court (ICC), South African president Cyril Ramaphosa reported on Tuesday.

"The decision of the ANC to withdraw the country from the International Criminal Court is due to the ICC’s bias in certain situations," he said after talks with his Finnish counterpart Sauli Niinisto in Pretoria.

As the official spokesman for the South African president told TASS, to withdraw from the ICC, the parliament needs the corresponding decision of the National Assembly. The ANC has a majority in the lower house of the South African parliament.

The ICC has basically lost credibility and whatever prestige that might have been attached to it.
Re: INF Nuclear Treaty: Russia Follows US In Suspending Pact by BidenDTrounced: 5:08pm On Apr 25, 2023

Juan Guaido arrives in US after expulsion from Colombia

Former Venezuelan opposition leader Juan Guaido has arrived in Miami, Florida, after being expelled by Colombian authorities, the EVTV channel reported.

"I was on the road for 70 hours," Guaido told the TV channel. "Unfortunately, today I have to say that the persecution [by Venezuelan authorities] is also felt in a certain way in Colombia," he added.

On Monday, Guaido announced that he had left Venezuela and was in Colombia. According to the politician, he arrived in the neighboring country for a conference in Bogota on the Venezuelan political crisis and planned to request meetings with participating international delegations.

Following this, the Colombian Foreign Ministry issued a statement saying that Bogota had not invited the politician to the meeting and did not expect him to participate in the event. In the end, the Colombian authorities mandated that Guaido leave the country and also prohibited him from making public statements.

The Colombian government called an international conference to seek avenues for settling the political crisis in Venezuela. It is expected that the forum will kick off on Tuesday and will be attended by representatives of international organizations and 15 countries, while the attendance of any delegations from the Venezuelan government or opposition is not envisioned.

The political crisis in Venezuela worsened in 2019 when the oppositional National Assembly did not recognize the results of the 2018 presidential election won by incumbent President Nicolas Maduro. As a result, the parliament announced that in the absence of a legitimate head of state, following the end of Maduro’s presidential term on January 23, 2019, his duties would be taken over by the speaker of the legislative body, who at that time was Guaido. He was recognized by the US, the majority of EU countries as well as some Latin American states. Last December, however, the Venezuelan opposition dissolved Guaido’s "provisional government."
https://tass.com/world/1609447
Re: INF Nuclear Treaty: Russia Follows US In Suspending Pact by BidenDTrounced: 6:22pm On Apr 25, 2023
BidenDTrounced:

The ICC has basically lost credibility and whatever prestige that might have been attached to it.
"Without regard to the feelings and sentiments of Nazi Sympathizers, the ICC is a western institution. The West through self sabotaging acts degraded the respect for it's institutions and South Africa is violently stabbing the West in the eyes."
Re: INF Nuclear Treaty: Russia Follows US In Suspending Pact by BidenDTrounced: 6:37pm On Apr 25, 2023
Whyem15:

Like the Libyans are enjoying since America collected gold from them and gave them ceramic?
Like Ukraine is enjoying since the US backed coup?
Like Iraq is enjoying since the invasion by nato? shocked

Appleyard:

It's so disheartening that some folks in the 21st century are still swimming in the high sea of western media propaganda. To them, when the US intervene and invade, good things comes to to town, but when Russia oppose and defend, the Devil has come home to roost. This is the kind of misplaced reasoning that makes the Whiteman think and feel the Blackman is an inferior breed.

Pathetic.
Re: INF Nuclear Treaty: Russia Follows US In Suspending Pact by BidenDTrounced: 12:13am On Apr 26, 2023
From every indication, the intention was to disintegrate and subjugate Russia. Now that they've seen the results of thier miscalculations, they're aimless and they're basically using the RUS-UKR crisis as a distraction to divert attention away from domestic failures.
Nazi Ukraine has lost territory that is comparable to the size of some countries

BidenDTrounced:

My interests is a developed and prosperous Africa where ordinary Africans have the resources to travel and explore the world without having to dehumanize themselves.

The reason I'm relaxing on the RUS - UKR conflict is because the war is over, my aspirations came to fruition much more rapidly than I expected.
The West has receded and declined, we're now in a multipolar world where Yuan is an acceptable alternative to the dollar, sanctions are impotent, the West has been unable to isolate Russia (the West still has embassies in Russia sef...they could communicate with Russia via Nigeria or cnn), the West has been unable to prevent trade between Russia and the relevant stakeholders (China and India).. plus, Nazi Ukraine has lost territory that is comparable to the size of some countries and the West is unable to achieve any of it's intended goals/ambition (the West is incapacitated).

In addition to this, President Peter Obi, President of Biafra, some parts of Nigeria and commander in chief of obidients worldwide has submitted an application for Africa (yes, he also doubles as the president of Africa) to join NATO. Our enormous natural resources is too dear to allow it to fall into Russian hands.

and

As a matter of "leaks", resources rich Africa was next on the Russian agenda. But thanks to the sacrifices of Jewlensky and the benevolent West, Russia is unable to invade Nigeria. Tinubu has traveled to Ukraine to thank the Nazi militant for fighting for our freedom.

Russia declared all its goals in Ukraine, would like to hear about Western ones

Russia declared all its goals during the special military operation, but would like to learn what the West is up to in Ukraine, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov told reporters during his visit to New York.

"We simply need to work on exercising our legitimate rights, and to do it honestly, clarifying every motive. This is exactly what we did with regard to our special military operation. We would also like to hear from our Western colleagues, as a reciprocal move, what goals are they pursuing there," he said during a news conference to sum up the results of his visit to the United States within the framework of Russia’s presidency in the UN Security Council.

BidenDTrounced:
The West CANNOT survive without Africa/China but Africa/China does not need the West for survival. Africans should recognize thier exalted position.

Lavrov urged the audience "to stay optimistic."

"We hope that the desire to join forces will prevail, that it will be understood that splitting the global community into one billion and seven billion is wrong, that putting yourself above others is also wrong," the top Russian diplomat said.

https://tass.com/politics/1609589

Re: INF Nuclear Treaty: Russia Follows US In Suspending Pact by Biodun556(m): 8:35am On Apr 26, 2023
Sawzer:

Please explain more

US, Russia and China can shoot missiles from space

Infact China once targeted a satellite from the ground and destroyed it with missile. US has not done that.

Russia could make more missiles faster than US because US sometimes ago depends on Russia rocket engine

Yes US has more weapons and more military bases but the cost of producing weapon in the US is more expensive compare to China and Russia partly due to high cost of labour. Apparently, the weapons of the three super powers have almost the same quality except that US has more quantity
Re: INF Nuclear Treaty: Russia Follows US In Suspending Pact by BidenDTrounced: 12:12pm On Apr 27, 2023
BidenDTrounced:

This is called Trauma Bonding.
We have been exposed and accustomed to mistreatment, corruption, misrule, maladministration etc. so when our government faithfully executes NORMAL EXPECTATIONS, it seems like a magnanimous, selfless and philanthropic act, we thank them for it and it endears them to us.
This is a legacy of Western colonialism.

Origins of Corruption In Africa
https://panafricanreview.rw/origins-of-corruption-in-africa/

Colonialism is alive and well in Africa, but goes by many nice names
https://roape.net/2022/01/26/colonialism-is-alive-and-well-in-africa-but-goes-by-many-nice-names/

The New Intellectuals of Empire
https://roape.net/2021/07/01/the-new-intellectuals-of-empire/

Although, the West has been able to create a 'garden' (Borrell, EU official) for itself at the expense and continuous exploitation of those it has condemned and confined to the 'jungle' (Borrell)

Corruption is more rampant in the West but it's much more subtle and covert (I wrote about this in 2020 based on my observations, exposure and personal experience...then I saw the authors/writers in the aforementioned links use the same words I used..it was affirming and vitalizing)
Westerners are also exposed to to "mistreatment, corruption, misrule, maladministration" BUT in the sense that developing countries are thier specimens (they're well indoctrinated in that 'knowledge' by Western mechanisms).
The" garden vs the jungle" division creates an aura of superiority (and they're emboldened by the inferiority complex of thier subjects/the colonized)....
These circumstances leads to the conditioning by means of distractions and manipulations (which I've already touched on in this discourse) that the worst scenario in the West
is better than the best of developing countries.
In conclusion, just like inhabitants of developing countries, majority of westerners are also 'trauma bonded' in the context of this writing and we're the samples/specimen for thier exposure to to "mistreatment, corruption, misrule, maladministration."

The attached is just for lols grin
Re: INF Nuclear Treaty: Russia Follows US In Suspending Pact by BidenDTrounced: 12:27pm On Apr 28, 2023
Why Tinubu floored Atiku, Obi, by President Buhari

Overconfidence and poor tactical moves led to the failure of the
opposition to defeat the ruling party in the February 25 presidential election, President Muhammadu Buhari said yesterday.
Besides, the President explained that the All Progressives Congress (APC) got its act together by employing cautious confidence and hard work to retain power, won by President-elect Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

He defeated Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and Peter Obi of the Labour Party (LP).

The President criticised the PDP and LP for relying on external backers.

Speaking to APC governors during a visit to his residence at Aso Villa, he said: “They were already telling their foreign backers that they would defeat the APC.”

He added: [Our Party blended confidence with caution. We worked hard and won. Now, their overconfidence is creating more problems for the opposition than anyone else.

“They are finding it hard to convince those who supported them from outside why they are unable to beat us.”

Speaking further on the election, the President added: “An important reason I congratulate Asiwaju (Tinubu) on winning is that the opposition got support and false hope from outside and went on to create the impression that they will win, that they will defeat us. How more wrong could anyone be?” he asked.

He thanked Kaduna State Governor Nasir El-Rufai for the infrastructure he has provided to make life easy for him in retirement.

He explained that Kano State Governor Abdullahi Ganduje had equally done the same thing, but he did not elaborate on it.

Chairman of the Progressive Governors Forum (PGF), Kebbi State Governor Atiku Bagudu, said the visit was to say “Happy Sallah” to the President and to thank him for the leadership he had given to the party and the nation.

He congratulated the President on the party’s victory in the Presidential election, saying: “Your party won the Presidency, a majority in the Senate and for being the leading party in the House of Representatives. These successes would not have happened without your support.

“History will remember you kindly. Around the world, the election is being celebrated because of the turbulence in the region and in the developing world, all courtesy of your leadership.

‘We won by sheer hard work, the same thing you have always encouraged us to do. We thank you immensely for everything.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/why-tinubu-floored-atiku-obi-by-president-buhari/

Re: INF Nuclear Treaty: Russia Follows US In Suspending Pact by BidenDTrounced: 10:35am On Apr 30, 2023
BidenDTrounced:
Dangote (a black man) is the richest man in Africa (one would have expected it to be an igbo guy.. given the ostensible business acumen the igbos are known for). The igbos are the real definition of empty barrel makes the loudest noise. Dangote has been very vital to Nigeria's economy. Dangote's success is Nigeria's success.

Mike Adenuga at 70

THOSE who would literally go insane (Jews of igbo extraction for example grin) if they had a tenth of his possessions habitually paint the town red, engaging in perverse, dirty and devious displays of ostentation and causing the downtrodden despondency and despair, but he is literally unheralded in town where, for all practical purposes, he is a purposive recluse living in self-measured spaces of decency that preclude the pitfalls of paparazzi cameras. He is Africa’s fifth wealthiest individual and Nigeria’s second but he is not moved to megalomania by the allure of currency notes. He prefers to measure the impact of his existence on the real, demonstrable change he can make in the lives of vast populations of people; a matchless agent of transformation in a land abundantly blessed but criminally managed by generations of political buccaneers.

That is why, as Nigerians and the rest of the world roll out the drums to celebrate him as a billionaire business mogul with vast interests in real estate, oil and gas, banking and telecoms, investor and consummate philanthropist, we find ample reasons to take a voyage around, and salute, the ennobling institution that he has become as a major pillar of the Nigerian economy and a force for laughter in a land where sorrow and despair have effectively become daily doses. Michael Adeniyi Adenuga Jr (GCON) is such a pleasant song at 70 and we heartily join in singing the tunes. His story is a powerful instantiation of the fact that you do not have to engage in politics to make inerasable, enduring impact in the lives of millions of people. In line with Yoruba lore, Adenuga is a metaphor for Onirese, the calabash carver of unblemished artistry who, should he stop carving calabashes, would still be perpetually honoured because the ones he has already woven are imperishable. His honours and plaudits at 70 have been richly earned.

Born to parents of royal Ijebu descent, Adenuga did not move from the cradle to adulthood robed in garments of luxury. He had to dream his place in the world and fight for it with every fibre of his being. After his secondary school education at Ibadan Grammar School and his Higher School Certificate (HSC) programme at the Comprehensive High School, Aiyetoro, Adenuga actually worked as a taxi driver to help fund his university education at the Northwestern Oklahoma State University, United States, from where he proceeded to Pace University, New York, earning degrees in Business Administration. Yet Ibadan, the land described by JP Clark as “running splash of rust and gold”, holds a special place in his heart till today.

From making his first million at age 26, selling lace and distributing soft drinks, founding Devcom Merchant Bank and Equitorial Trust Bank (ETB), both of which have now dissolved into Sterling Bank Plc, in his 30s; receiving an oil drilling licence in 1990 and, in 1991, having his Consolidated Oil strike oil in the shallow waters of Ondo State as the first indigenous oil company to do so in commercial quantities, Adenuga has come a long way. He was undeterred by the revocation of the conditional GSM licence given to him in 1999; he worked hard to secure a second one when the government held another auction in 2002, floating Globacom, the indigenous telecoms company that has acquired such a huge stake in the emotions, affection and daily existence of Nigerians.

GSM telephony came to Nigeria on the heels of the return to civil rule as a bourgeois, elitist symbol but Adenuga took it straight to the doors of the downtrodden, those who for decades were mere statistics in government documents. He crashed the prohibitive price of the SIM card (above N30,000 at the time); the queues when he told Nigerians that they could own a SIM card for just N3000 was joyously long. Adenuga showed the masses that they, too, could own a GSM line. He further crashed the price to less than N1,000 and brought joy to many homes. Indeed, he is a major factor for the experience today where the SIM card is virtually free.

At a time telecommunications companies were unwilling to charge per second, Adenuga damned the consequences and introduced per second billing to roaring applause by a deeply appreciative populace. His mantra was people, power and possibilities. And when the internet came, no less a personality than Mr. Adams Oshiomhole, ex- governor of Edo State, acknowledged his genius in bringing his home town Iyamho in Edo State, not discernible from the Nigerian map, right into the global digital space. That is actually a story millions of Nigerians can tell. Launched on August 29, 2003, Globacom, now in the Republic of Benin, Ghana and Côte d’Ivoire, has recorded so many landmarks, including championing per second billing and being the first company to implement 2.5 G and 3G networks in Nigeria; being the first to offer 4 G LTE, the first to offer Blackberry solutions and the first to launch submarine cable (GLO 1) providing efficient and fast broadband internet services.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/mike-adenuga-at-70/

BidenDTrounced:
Yorubas, silent billionaires.
Hausas ...it speaks for itself.
igbo people...always looking for validation grin grin

The owner of a giant multinational telecommunications company that is indigenous to Nigeria is an omoluabi.
Re: INF Nuclear Treaty: Russia Follows US In Suspending Pact by BidenDTrounced: 6:45pm On Apr 30, 2023
From every indication, the aim/objective of the West is to disintegrate and subjugate Russia. Now that they've seen the results of thier miscalculations, they're aimless and they're basically using the RUS-UKR crisis as a distraction to divert attention away from domestic failures.
nazi ukraine has lost territory that is comparable to the size of some countries.
The West has receded and declined.
We're now in a multipolar world where the Yuan is an acceptable alternative to the dollar.
Sanctions are impotent.
The West has been unable to isolate Russia (the West still has embassies in Russia sef...they could communicate with Russia via Nigeria or cnn).
The West has been unable to prevent trade between Russia and the relevant stakeholders (China and India).
Denazify/Demilitarize Ukraine is making sure Ukraine is unable to be used as a launchpad to annihilate Russians/suppress Russian culture.
Russia's stated goals and objectives has been attained.

As a matter of "leaks", resources rich Africa was next on the Russian agenda. But thanks to the sacrifices of Jewlensky and the benevolent West, Russia is unable to invade Nigeria. Tinubu has traveled to ukraine to thank the nazi militant for fighting for our freedom.
Nigeria has struck a defensive alliance with NATO (or a millitary agreement equivalent or superior to NATO)....lol jk

The Nazi militants in Ukraine are similar to the Boko Haram insurgents in Nigeria. They're both terrorists.

Ukrainian ammo train destroyed in counter insurgency operation

A large supply of ammunition was destroyed in a strike near Kramatorsk, according to the Defense Ministry.

Russian forces have destroyed a Ukrainian train carrying up to 200 tons of ammunition, Moscow’s Defense Ministry claimed on Sunday. The strike reportedly occurred in Russia’s Donetsk People’s Republic, near the city of Kramatorsk, which remains under Ukrainian control.

The Russian military has also been actively targeting Ukrainian artillery units, the ministry spokesman, Lieutenant General Igor Konashenkov, announced during a media briefing.

“Over the past 24 hours, tactical and army aviation, missile and artillery units of the Russian Armed Forces hit 82 Ukrainian artillery units at their firing positions, manpower and equipment in 115 areas,” Konashenkov stated.

The attack on the train appears to the largest military gain of the day, but earlier Russian forces also claimed a strike on a command post of Ukraine’s 81st airborne brigade near the village of Belogorovka, in Lugansk People’s Republic.

Over the past few days, both Russian and Ukrainian forces have been ramping up long-range strikes against each other.

On Saturday, the Russian military took responsibility for the destruction of a major Ukrainian command center, responsible for operations of Kiev’s southern troops. The bombing was carried out with sea-based cruise missiles, according to Moscow.

Earlier this week, the Russian military launched a major missile salvo at Ukraine, targeting multiple groupings of Ukrainian military reserves. The military said the strike was a success, and prevented the redeployment of reserves toward the front line.

During the bombardment, a multi-story residential building was damaged in the Ukrainian city of Uman, with more than 20 civilians killed, according to Kiev. While it was not immediately clear what exactly hit the building, Ukrainian authorities have blamed Moscow for the incident. However, Kiev’s own troops have hit civilian targets in the country – and even beyond – with air defense projectiles on multiple occasions during the conflict, which has been raging since February 2022.

Ukraine, meanwhile, has intensified the shelling of Russia’s border regions, including the city of Donetsk, which has been subjected to artillery and rocket attacks on an almost daily basis. On Friday the city endured a massive shelling, which destroyed and damaged multiple residential buildings and critical infrastructure, leaving at least nine civilians dead and over a dozen injured.

Overnight, Kiev’s forces shelled the village of Suzemka in Russia’s Bryansk Region, killing at least four civilians according to the local Governor, Aleksandr Bogomaz.
https://www.rt.com/russia/575569-ukrainian-ammo-train-destroyed/

BidenDTrounced:

"Majority of Ukrainians do not support the West/Zelensky's vendetta against Russians (Russians generally, including Russian speaking Ukrainians and the Russian culture).
Majority of Ukrainians had preferred that the country should be divided with one going to Russia and the other as the new Ukraine (NK SK scenario) with security guarantees from the US, France and the UK. Security guarantees that ensures that if Russia invades the new Ukraine, then France, US, the new Ukraine and the UK will jointly invade Russia (are those countries scared? They have a lot of mouth).
Also, they recently promised to nuke NK (a nuclear country) so they shouldn't be scared.
I find Russia to be more credible. I don't even need to listen to Russia..I just need to look at the behaviour of the West. They appear to be confirming Russia's claims with thier actions."
Re: INF Nuclear Treaty: Russia Follows US In Suspending Pact by BidenDTrounced: 12:41am On May 01, 2023
Saudi Arabia evacuated Russians from Sudan

Saudi Arabia evacuated several dozen Russian nationals from Sudan aboard military ships, Ruslan Usmanov, Spokesman of the Russian Consulate General in Jeddah told TASS Sunday.

"Russian nationals do not evacuate on their own. They are being evacuated by Saudi military ships. They took this issue upon themselves. They evacuate from Port Sudan and take them to the Port of Jeddah, to the naval base. We meet them here," the diplomat said. "So far, about 40 Russian have arrived. Most of them have already departed: some back to Russia, and some to other countries - depending on their destination."

Usmanov specified that Russian citizens travel to Russia through transit countries, such as Egypt, Qatar and the UAE.

According to the spokesman, Saudi Arabia also evacuates American and European citizens. Saudi authorities provide lists of evacuated people to the consulate general several hours in advance.

"Saudi Arabia also pays for their two-day stay in hotel, with catering," Usmanov. "After that, Russian citizens depart to Russia. If necessary, we escort them to the airport, resolve some issues, but, usually, everything goes smoothly. There have been no problems so far."

The situation in Sudan escalated amid disagreements between the army chief, Abdel Fattah al-Burhan, who also heads the ruling Sovereignty Council, and the head of the paramilitary Rapid Support Forces (RSF), Mohamed Hamdan Dagalo (known as Hemedti), who is al-Burhan’s deputy on the council.

The main points of contention between the two military organizations pertain to the timeline and methods for unifying the armed forces of Sudan, as well as who should be appointed as commander-in-chief of the army: a career military officer, which is al-Burhan’s preferred option, or an elected civilian president, as Dagalo insists.

On April 15, armed clashes between the rival military factions erupted near a military base in Merowe and in the capital, Khartoum.

https://tass.com/society/1611769

(1) (Reply)

Protesters Set U.S. Embassy Front Door On Fire In Honduras (Pics) / Ukrainians Trapped In "Death Tunnels" In Kherson: How The Russians Ambushed Them / RAF Globemaster C-17 Carrying Queen Elizabeth Landed In London (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 172
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.