Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread - Car Talk (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread (62998 Views)

5 Best Kept Secrets Your Mechanic Doesn’t Want You To Know / Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... / How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 10:25pm On Jul 13, 2019
ayodele2012:
I need ur number so I can contact u.
call the workshop manager number he will be the one that will direct you down to the workshop sir just tell him you are from [SHEGZTHECARGUY] he will answer you very fast sir and explain all what you want to do sir is a very nice guy 08165520837, 08156087872
Thank you sir you can let me know after calling him sir
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 10:35pm On Jul 13, 2019
Canadanow:
I have a question bro. My 2005 Sienna radiator is leaking already and I am about to change it. It's a single core radiator abi na single cell. Can I use double core? And what must I watch for? I have never changed any other thing in the vehicle since I bought it.
Thanks.
Yes sir you can use a double core if you engine system are all in good other sir

1 Like

Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by mikeogb: 10:56pm On Jul 13, 2019
larrixauto2017:
My good people of nairaland my name is shegzthecarguy i am an auto mechanic but i created this thread because as an automobile mechanic my aim is to provide solution due to my experience with all kind of Toyota/Lexus vehicles, with special reference to sedan,coupes,suvs . E.t.c and it likes, feel free to comment on any ones contribution and suggestion. Thank you for futher information about your car you can call this number 07083676583 Or 08111543369
My toyota camry 2007 v6 consumes excessive fuel of recent, scanned it and it gave me error code PO158..cud it be the reason and if yes,please how do i fix this..thanks
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 1:08am On Jul 14, 2019
mikeogb:

My toyota camry 2007 v6 consumes excessive fuel of recent, scanned it and it gave me error code PO158..cud it be the reason and if yes,please how do i fix this..thanks
yes this is a heated oxgen sensor code. an oxygen sensor monitors the rate of burnt carbon going outside from the exhaust and also monitor the rate of chemical reaction have been take place by the catalytic converter cause the catalyst also reduce the rate at which unwanted gas is been burn out from the vehicle and the oxygen sensor located at the exhaust stream [bank 2 sensor 2] is faulty or you have an exhaust leakage or a deteriorated catalyst converter but but if your exhaust has no leakage and no deteriorated[expired,spoiled ] catalytic converter all you need to do is to REPLACE THE OXYGEN SENSOR AT THE THE BANK 2 OF THE ENGINE WHICH IS THE SECOND SENSOR BELOW THE FIRST ONE SIR AFTER CHANGING THAT YOUR CAR WILL BE PERFECTLY FINE SIR
THANKS

Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by mikeogb: 12:20pm On Jul 14, 2019
larrixauto2017:
yes this is a heated oxgen sensor code. an oxygen sensor monitors the rate of burnt carbon going outside from the exhaust and also monitor the rate of chemical reaction have been take place by the catalytic converter cause the catalyst also reduce the rate at which unwanted gas is been burn out from the vehicle and the oxygen sensor located at the exhaust stream [bank 2 sensor 2] is faulty or you have an exhaust leakage or a deteriorated catalyst converter but but if your exhaust has no leakage and no
deteriorated[expired,spoiled ] catalytic converter all you need to do is to REPLACE THE OXYGEN SENSOR AT THE THE BANK 2 OF THE ENGINE WHICH IS THE SECOND SENSOR BELOW THE FIRST ONE SIR AFTER CHANGING THAT YOUR CAR WILL BE PERFECTLY FINE SIR
THANKS
Thanks sir, i appreciate your timely response on this,however is it something you can fix? And if yes could you please give me an estimate?
Thanks
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 10:07pm On Jul 14, 2019
mikeogb:

Thanks sir, i appreciate your timely response on this,however is it something you can fix? And if yes could you please give me an estimate?
Thanks
yes sir we can fix it is just that you will need a new process on woring on that car sir like rediagnosing it again which you will need to make a payment for that it just all because we not the one working on the car before sir
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by mikeogb: 10:09pm On Jul 14, 2019
larrixauto2017:
yes sir we can fix it is just that you will need a new process on woring on that car sir like rediagnosing it again which you will need to make a payment for that it just all because we not the one working on the car before sir
Ok.your whatsapp number
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 2:38pm On Jul 15, 2019
mikeogb:
Ok.your whatsapp number
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by dbeebee: 8:31pm On Jul 15, 2019
Pls help a brother
My 2005 Corolla was burgled and the brain box stolen. I got someone to fix a toks brainbox for me. He did some programming for about 30mins and the car came alive.

However I noticed that my car jerks both on motion and when idle. This has never happened to my car. I have always had a smooth ride. What could be the issue? At a point, the car lost its velocity while accelerating at almost 80km/hr. It just dropped and didn't respond to the accelerator pedal though it never went off.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 8:46pm On Jul 15, 2019
dbeebee:
Pls help a brother
My 2005 Corolla was burgled and the brain box stolen. I got someone to fix a toks brainbox for me. He did some programming for about 30mins and the car came alive.

However I noticed that my car jerks both on motion and when idle. This has never happened to my car. I have always had a smooth ride. What could be the issue? At a point, the car lost its velocity while accelerating at almost 80km/hr. It just dropped and didn't respond to the accelerator pedal though it never went off.
Hello sir anything can cause that but firstly have run a computerized scan on the vehicle
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Ambalicious(m): 5:20pm On Jul 16, 2019
mbalicious(m): 5:18pm
My car suddenly went off while negotiating a full turn a u-turn. It happened twice today.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 10:50am On Jul 18, 2019
Ambalicious:
mbalicious(m): 5:18pm
My car suddenly went off while negotiating a full turn a u-turn. It happened twice today.
have you run a scan on it
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Ambalicious(m): 10:53am On Jul 18, 2019
No. Buh it doesn't seem to reocur
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 12:31pm On Jul 18, 2019
Ambalicious:
No. Buh it doesn't seem to reocur
But you can try to go do and a diagnosis checkup on it
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 8:11am On Jul 23, 2019
Hello ask your mechanic
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 10:55am On Aug 01, 2019
Ask your mechanic
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Nobody: 6:37am On Aug 04, 2019
Pls how much can I get ignition for Nissan premiere 2.0 saloon car
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 11:28am On Aug 04, 2019
Hello ask your mechanic
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by alstacs(m): 12:47pm On Aug 04, 2019
My car battery run down and jumper cable seems incapable of starting it with another battery or car.
Is it advisable to start remove the battery leads while the engine is running? I want use another battery to start the car then change to my battery when the engine is running
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 2:37pm On Aug 04, 2019
alstacs:
My car battery run down and jumper cable seems incapable of starting it with another battery or car.
Is it advisable to start remove the battery leads while the engine is running? I want use another battery to start the car then change to my battery when the engine is running
Hello sir what car is that and the year

1 Like

Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by xzile: 5:45pm On Aug 04, 2019
Are you a tokunbo auto parts dealer in Lagos, Nigeria and Africa? Are you a car owner
or an automobile technician (mechanic) looking for where to buy genuine foreign used
car parts that you can trust? Worry no more, Blessed Chris investment is here to assist
you.
We deal in all Toyota, Nissan, Mercedes and Honda spare parts. E.g
Engines
Gear box
Shock absorbers
Hubs
Beams
Steering rack
Shafts
and many more.
Our parts are sold with guarantee and our shop located at adelotun plaza, osoro Street,
mushin, Lagos.
For further enquiries and info contact Chris on 08039129122
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by alstacs(m): 5:20am On Aug 05, 2019
larrixauto2017:
Hello sir what car is that and the year

Hyundai Sonata 2018
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 12:52pm On Aug 05, 2019
alstacs:

Hyundai Sonata 2018
No sir. i will advice you too recharge the battery or replace it sir. cause in the process of changing the battery there may be a spark which could brigde up the system. And may lead to another thing sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by alstacs(m): 12:12pm On Aug 09, 2019
larrixauto2017:
No sir. i will advice you too recharge the battery or replace it sir. cause in the process of changing the battery there may be a spark which could brigde up the system. And may lead to another thing sir

Thanks a lot boss
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 12:29pm On Aug 09, 2019
alstacs:

Thanks a lot boss
you are welcome sir

1 Like

Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 9:59am On Aug 10, 2019
Ask your mechanic
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 6:02pm On Sep 01, 2019
Hello Kindly ask your mechanic
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by mgdimagaladima(m): 9:25pm On Sep 01, 2019
A nice thread
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 10:37am On Sep 02, 2019
mgdimagaladima:
A nice thread
Yes
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by softy(m): 6:43pm On Sep 02, 2019
Question on Toyota Camry 2004 i4

The car was loaded withan Original Mobil 1 Advanced Full Synthetic Oil in December 2018.

Since then, the car has gone on long journey only once.

Now, in this September 2019, the engine oil has not been changed. Though the manual recommended 5,000 miles or 6 month, but the mileage reads 3,250 only as it is only used from home to office/church/market daily.

1. please, when do you advice the engine oil should be replaced.?

The oil IS NOT smelling like 'burnt offering' and the level is not short.

2. Would you advise that the car should travel on a long journey once more before the oil change?

Thanks in advance for answering these questions to the best of your knowledge sir.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 8:17am On Sep 03, 2019
softy:
Question on Toyota Camry 2004 i4

The car was loaded withan Original Mobil 1 Advanced Full Synthetic Oil in December 2018.

Since then, the car has gone on long journey only once.

Now, in this September 2019, the engine oil has not been changed. Though the manual recommended 5,000 miles or 6 month, but the mileage reads 3,250 only as it is only used from home to office/church/market daily.

1. please, when do you advice the engine oil should be replaced.?
Hello

The oil IS NOT smelling like 'burnt offering' and the level is not short.

2. Would you advise that the car should travel on a long journey once more before the oil change?

Thanks in advance for answering these questions to the best of your knowledge sir.
Hello sir. If am not mistaken the you have been using the car for the last 10 or 9 month without oil replacement.? Ok good
According to what you wrote you said the mileage is just 3,250.
And the right time for an oil change interval for this car is 5,000 miles or 6month.
I will just tell you this things which are :
1) Check if the car as maintainance required light which indicate when there is time for an oil change.
If the light is working normally and he has not indicate in the cluster. Sir you are good to go. till 5,000 miles
2) And also check the oil light if is not coming up.
3) Check for oil leakage
If there is nothing wrong. You are good to go sir
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by softy(m): 1:21pm On Sep 03, 2019
larrixauto2017:
Hello sir. If am not mistaken the you have been using the car for the last 10 or 9 month without oil replacement.? Ok good
According to what you wrote you said the mileage is just 3,250.
And the right time for an oil change interval for this car is 5,000 miles or 6month.
I will just tell you this things which are :
1) Check if the car as maintainance required light which indicate when there is time for an oil change.
If the light is working normally and he has not indicate in the cluster. Sir you are good to go. till 5,000 miles
2) And also check the oil light if is not coming up.
3) Check for oil leakage
If there is nothing wrong. You are good to go sir

Thank you for your kind response.

All the conditions in (1), (2), and (3) above are in good terms.

Till this morning, No Maintenance Required Light On, No Engine Oil Light On, No leakage ( no short of engine oil).

For future reference, I will be looking out for those conditions.

Thank you once again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (31) (Reply)

Toyota Camry AGL627FT Snatched At Gunpoint In Kwara (Photo) / New Innoson Automated Vehicle Plant In Pictures / Ferrari And Lamborghini Spotted In Lagos By FreezeCoolFm (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.