Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Mikel Obi Set To Return To Super Eagles - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi Set To Return To Super Eagles (14660 Views)

Mikel Obi Set To Open A Football Academy In Jos, Visits Governor Lalong (Pics) / EPL: Mikel Obi Set For Return To English Football / Mikel Obi Set To Quit Trabzonspor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikel Obi Set To Return To Super Eagles by Nairatrenders: 11:29am On Feb 04, 2019
Super Eagles captain John Mikel Obi is eying a full return to the Super Eagles following impressive outings with championship side Middleborough after two competitive games.

Mikel made his first Championship start in the team’s 3 – 2 away win at West Bromwich Albion having previously been involved in the club’s FA Cup home draw against Newport County in January, four days after his arrival at the club.

Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr had revealed that Mikel’s progress will be clearly monitored by the coaching crew with his performance key to his national team return. “We are very happy about it (Middleborough move) because it’s been a long time he didn’t play and Mikel is a player who is dedicated to the game, he wanted to play in Europe, now we can watch what he is doing.

We would like to see him back in the national team but his situation is like that of the other players, he has to play well for his club and if he is playing well at his club he has the chance to come back with us. He never told me that he doesn’t want to come back so I will be happy to see him playing.”

Mikel Obi’s Middleborough is currently 5th on the championship table 7 points behind table toppers Leeds United with a game in hand. The team’s next game is a deciding FA Cup 4th round rematch against Newport County on Tuesday 5th of February.

Gist Via :- https://nairatrend.com.ng/mikel-obi-set-to-return-fully-to-super-eagles/

5 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi Set To Return To Super Eagles by JustBeYourselfO: 11:48am On Feb 04, 2019
congrats to him

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi Set To Return To Super Eagles by dedonfranco(m): 11:53am On Feb 04, 2019
We need Him. Ndidi & Chukwueze.

10 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi Set To Return To Super Eagles by Nairatrenders: 12:19pm On Feb 04, 2019
grin what of ighalo
dedonfranco:
We need Him. Ndidi & Chukwueze.
grin
Re: Mikel Obi Set To Return To Super Eagles by Newznow: 1:50pm On Feb 04, 2019
His village people right now grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi Set To Return To Super Eagles by Paulfroshman: 1:50pm On Feb 04, 2019
wink
Re: Mikel Obi Set To Return To Super Eagles by Emeks008(m): 1:51pm On Feb 04, 2019
Good for him

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi Set To Return To Super Eagles by Waakanda: 1:51pm On Feb 04, 2019
You're welcome

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi Set To Return To Super Eagles by INFOBIZ3: 1:51pm On Feb 04, 2019
Why

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi Set To Return To Super Eagles by Moderate128: 1:51pm On Feb 04, 2019
beta now

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi Set To Return To Super Eagles by Tunasco4u(m): 1:51pm On Feb 04, 2019
OK
Re: Mikel Obi Set To Return To Super Eagles by Miracool007: 1:52pm On Feb 04, 2019
Fine one smiley

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi Set To Return To Super Eagles by Davash222(m): 1:52pm On Feb 04, 2019
I think we need him back.

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi Set To Return To Super Eagles by Dandsome: 1:53pm On Feb 04, 2019
From epl to championship. Is that progress?
Re: Mikel Obi Set To Return To Super Eagles by Nobody: 1:53pm On Feb 04, 2019
Why play for a championship sidw?
Re: Mikel Obi Set To Return To Super Eagles by shadrach77: 1:55pm On Feb 04, 2019
I am not understanding this. You are the captain and yet you want to "return" to the team. Does that even add up? lipsrsealed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Obi Set To Return To Super Eagles by Dronedude(m): 1:55pm On Feb 04, 2019
Now what I can't fathom is if this is as a result of patriotism or selfish interest. I'm also calling out Victor Moses in this quote. These guys left the National team against all manner of persuasion from the footballing board and the fans; but they left with what reason? I quote "to allow for a good playing ground and opportunities for the younger ones" I was among those that was sad on their announcement but when I heard their reasons, I saw a sense of leadership and future consideration.
Note that they were both OK and comfortable as at when they took that stand. But now their is a down turn in their career and they are suddenly becoming patriotic and passionate about Nigeria football. However they stand a better chance getting a better club if they play for the national side and considering AFCON is around the corner.

I will advise that the only position worthy for these men is a role in technical support. We have got greased young players both locally and internationally, that should be given a chance to make their own names.

I have a reservation for the likes of Ighalo that guy has been passionate but still stuck with the team in bad times, good times and even at his prime of personal accomplishment.

#PassionateNigerian.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Obi Set To Return To Super Eagles by ollah2: 1:57pm On Feb 04, 2019
I missed him in my beloved Chelsea team. He should return to Chelsea, imagine Pants and Mikel playing side by side.
Re: Mikel Obi Set To Return To Super Eagles by Nobody: 2:00pm On Feb 04, 2019
He should not return please. He should move on and allow other rising players to have their turn. He has collected enough allowance from NFA and should move on pls

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi Set To Return To Super Eagles by Naughtytboy: 2:02pm On Feb 04, 2019
ollah2:
I missed him in my beloved Chelsea team. He should return to Chelsea, imagine Pants and Mikel playing side by side.
LOL pant

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi Set To Return To Super Eagles by Leonbonapart(m): 2:03pm On Feb 04, 2019
Let's be sincere to ourselves, , Mikel still has no replacement in super eagles. You need the watch the two games he has played for Middlesbrough
Re: Mikel Obi Set To Return To Super Eagles by Fadomero(m): 2:04pm On Feb 04, 2019
Mikel deserve a new brain
Re: Mikel Obi Set To Return To Super Eagles by Leonbonapart(m): 2:06pm On Feb 04, 2019
Davash222:
I think we need him back.
we definitely need him. Still has no replacement
Re: Mikel Obi Set To Return To Super Eagles by anambraamaka: 2:06pm On Feb 04, 2019
Good
Re: Mikel Obi Set To Return To Super Eagles by AbbeyvanPersie(m): 2:07pm On Feb 04, 2019
Some people wont like this grin. I cant wait to have him back.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Samuel Okwaraji - An Unsung Hero / AMCON: We’re In Court With Kanu Over Debt / German Club Apologises For Ejecting Japanese Fans Over Coronavirus Fears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.