Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Travel - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travel (1898 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travel by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 20, 2010
Wrong Subject in the wrong forum.
Re: Travel by LePhilippe(m): 6:57pm On Aug 20, 2010
This is untrue. Any man, woman or child of every colour or ethinicty is always asked for their background when they say they are Canadian. It is no secret that in the large Canadian cities finding a "Canadian" - one who isn't aware of their heritage - is extremely rare. SO I dont know what you are on about my friend.
Re: Travel by funkybaby(f): 7:11pm On Aug 20, 2010
@ poster

yes you are overreacting/ranting over nothing.

whether you like it or not, you are still an african and mere looking at you, it aint rocket science to figure that out

you migrated to their country and applied for their citizenship. so no matter how posh you might sound, or how hard you try to pledge full allegiance to that country, you are still a migrant: FACT. whether you admit/accept it or not.

next time you are questioned about your origin, simply answer ''i am a congolese-born canadian''  grin

and if you feel you are being treated as ''a second class citizen'' just because you are asked ''where you are from originally'', then its simple. pack your bags and return back to Congo. there, you will receive the royal treatment you deserve.

nansense thread.

hiss!
Re: Travel by denzel2009: 7:19pm On Aug 20, 2010
^^^^Na fight  cheesy

Poster

If a whiteman is claiming to be from Congo,even if he had fought all the supernatural forces in Congo and then join its airforce, you will ask him where he is from originally too.

I dont think there's any discrimination there.
Re: Travel by kadman(m): 7:42pm On Aug 20, 2010
funkybaby:

@ poster

yes you are overreacting/ranting over nothing.

whether you like it or not, you are still an african and mere looking at you, it aint rocket science to figure that out

you migrated to their country and applied for their citizenship. so no matter how posh you might sound, or how hard you try to pledge full allegiance to that country, you are still a migrant: FACT. whether you admit/accept it or not.

next time you are questioned about your origin, simply answer ''i am a congolese-born canadian''  grin

and if you feel you are being treated as ''a second class citizen'' just because you are asked ''where you are from originally'', then its simple. pack your bags and return back to Congo. there, you will receive the royal treatment you deserve.

nansense thread.

hiss!

Hmm, you seem to be very angry these days. . Cool down o (No offence grin)
Re: Travel by funkybaby(f): 8:11pm On Aug 20, 2010
kadman:

Hmm, you seem to be very angry these days. . Cool down o (No offence grin)

oh. so you too have noticed. my bad!!! tongue

no vex. na my hormones. [s]i have not been getting regular 'vitamins'[/s]  grin

seriously, all i have done is tell the guy the blunt truth.
Re: Travel by Osama10(m): 8:39pm On Aug 20, 2010
An immigrant is an immigrant and always a second class citizen, so am just wondering what this guy's problem is?
Re: Travel by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 20, 2010
Cup of tea
Re: Travel by Omolulu(m): 9:51pm On Aug 20, 2010
Dude, u be very black man, if u like, serve both US and Canadian armies, fact is that u migrated there so u should expect that people wud probe ur origins, especially if ur not white
Re: Travel by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 20, 2010
Omolulu:

Dude, u be very black man, if u like, serve both US and Canadian armies, fact is that u migrated there so u should expect that people wud probe your origins, especially [size=16pt]if your not white[/size]

That is exactly what I don't agree with when race become a factor in probing people origins.

TheCongo
Re: Travel by funkybaby(f): 10:16pm On Aug 20, 2010
TheCongo:

That is exactly what I don't agree with when race become a factor in probing people origins.

TheCongo

What are you going on about?

Do you find it difficult to accept that you are BLACK and you are NOT originally from Canada?

What is wrong in anyone asking you where you are from? Are you ashamed of your roots??

I get people asking me where i am from, what part of Nigeria i am from. Infact, few days ago, while fooling around with my colleagues at work, i was teaching them insults in Yoruba. And we all had a good laugh.

Even the white folks, i ask them what part of Europe they are from and there is no biggie about it.

You sound like someone with low self esteem!

If you are ashamed of your origins or you find it difficult to say ''i am from Congo'', then its simple: change your name, buy bleaching cream and dye your hair blonde. WTF !!!
Re: Travel by funkybaby(f): 10:28pm On Aug 20, 2010
TheCongo:

When Obama was running for presidency, some white folks were implying he is an immigrant and shouldn't become the president of the United States of America. To them, been an American president means to fit a certain profile. This kind of racism happens at all level of society. So, this is where my problem lies.

But, I am starting to make it an issue after going through and witnessing some events in dealing with discrimination and people (racial) profiling. I have become allergic to the question "Where are you from?"

So asking you where you are from originally is now racism ?? Orisirisi.  undecided

when it oozes all around you that you are just one of the lucky people to escape Kabila's Congo and establish yourself in Canada.

TheCongo:

Nevertheless, I am a Canadian Citizen with the all the rights and responsibilities of a Canadian Citizen. Suggesting that I should pack my bags and return to the Congo to receive royal treatment is tantamount to stripping me of my rights as a Canadian Citizen.

pele oh. i guess before you go to bed, the last thing you do is kiss your canadian passport and then place  it under your pillow  undecided

TheCongo:

It is my right to live in Canada and not a privilege as you try to make it sound.

It is a privilege.

Or were you born there? or were your great great great grand parents Canadians

am sure if you are to write your story about how you eventually got the canadian citizenship, it will fill a 200 page book.

TheCongo:

On another note, been a Canadian Citizen has nothing to do with rejecting my African roots.

really? you must be confused!  undecided
if it has nothing to do with rejecting your african roots, why are you upset about anyone asking you where you are from  undecided

i repeat! no matter how posh you might sound or how hard you plead allegiance to the country, you are still a migrant!

kapish !!!
Re: Travel by Nobody: 11:04pm On Aug 20, 2010
Cup of tea
Re: Travel by Joel3(m): 11:28pm On Aug 20, 2010
TheCongo

What exactly is this topic all about? As you can see this is a Nigeria forum, a Nigeria thing. So what shiit is this.

I know you must have understand that we Nigerians don’t appreciate a topic like this.

Or you just want to tell us that you are a Canadian citizen? Ahaha… funny, ofcours Any one can be a Canadian citizen so is not a pride.

Racism is everywhere, especially to we black people. Seen you as I black in Canada mean you are not a Canadian origin. So why the hell is this tread?

Anyway wish you all the best. We will meet up there is Canada soon. Love Canada that is my dream country.

Joel.
Re: Travel by funkybaby(f): 11:37pm On Aug 20, 2010
TheCongo:

Initially I was upset with your replies, but after reading and re-reading them,  I just like you. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Nevertheless, you live in Nigeria. I am afraid we may have different mindset in dealing with systematic discrimination or racial profiling. 

[b]I would prefer to hear from people who live in the west. I need to hear from someone who may relate to my [b]struggle and not from someone who may not have a clue as to how subtle discrimination works in the Wes[/b]t.

Again, my topic deal with discrimination and not rejecting one's root.

Sorry dude.

TheCongo

so just because i do not have ''ontario, canada'' or ''monaco, france'' as my location next to my profile automatically means i live in nigeria and i do not live/work in the west.

you are a bigger FOOL than i thought !!!  undecided

my location is none of your business and i am not in the league of dimwits like you who are so eager to announce to the world that they have a foreign passport or that they drink coffee with white men every morning.

i repeat: you have a very low self esteem!
racial profiling my a.s.s. if asking you where you are originally from is racism, then pack your bags and return to Congo.

what struggle?? you call your open show of poor self esteem a struggle?? WTF !!!

Guy, what have you been sniffing  undecided
Re: Travel by Nobody: 11:43pm On Aug 20, 2010
Wrong post in a wrong forum
Re: Travel by Osama10(m): 11:52pm On Aug 20, 2010
TheCongo:

I thought you could do better than that. But given the nature of your feedback, I prefer to ignore you going forward. Likewise, i would ask you to ignore my posts. BYE.

Thanks,

TheCongo

My guy accept it you don f, up, so you think am in afghanistan now.
Re: Travel by funkybaby(f): 11:57pm On Aug 20, 2010
TheCongo:

I thought you could do better than that. But given the nature of your feedback, I prefer to ignore you going forward. Likewise, i would ask you to ignore my posts. BYE.

Thanks,

TheCongo

ignore you say wetin happen?

what were you expecting? that i will sympathise with you and join your ''struggle'' and compile a list of all the foreigners that i have crossed path with and then sue them on a charge of 'racial profiling' just because they asked me where i am from?  undecided

TheCongo:

Please Nairaland, tell me if I am overreacting.

you didnt post '' please nairaland, excluding funkybaby, tell me if i am overreacting''

so i have every moral right to reply and attack you on any bullshit u post here.  smiley

the same way you have assumed that you are a victim of racism/racial profiling just because you were asked where you are from originally is the same way you've assumed am in Nigeria right now . . . . . . its shows your level of intelligence and the way you reason and how you just make silly assumptions.  undecided

Nonsense !!!
Re: Travel by makajibbz(m): 12:05am On Aug 21, 2010
nonsense.

ur the kind of person dey shuld ban frm entering africa.
canadian citizen my azz, i can also decide i wanna stay in canada for 10years for passport.
buh i'm still a lagos boy.

so why ar yu tryna force urself into acceptance, as if the passport dey pity and gave u isnt enuff.

i wish i culd shoot yu. angry angry
Re: Travel by justwise(m): 12:07am On Aug 21, 2010
funkybaby:

ignore you say wetin happen?
what were you expecting? that i will sympathise with you and join your ''struggle'' and compile a list of all the foreigners that i have crossed path with and then sue them on a charge of 'racial profiling' just because they asked me where i am from? undecidedyou didnt post '' please nairaland, excluding funkybaby, tell me if i am overreacting''so i have every moral right to reply and attack you on any bullshit u post here. smiley
the same way you have assumed that you are a victim of racism/racial profiling just because you were asked where you are from originally is the same way you've assumed am in Nigeria right now . . . . . . its shows your level of intelligence and the way you reason and how you just make silly assumptions. undecidedNonsense !!!

Hmmmmm. . . i know ur address in Iraq. . .hahaha
Re: Travel by Joel3(m): 12:10am On Aug 21, 2010
funkybaby, i can see u are tipical niaja, any  way take it easy on him.

from hes comment is a nice guy. i dont see him insulting you. so stop it.

anyway. poster i would advise you accept your mistake and change the way you react to this is not a racism,
Re: Travel by funkybaby(f): 12:12am On Aug 21, 2010
justwise:

Hmmmmm. . . i know your address in Iraq. . .hahaha

really? grin

lets meet this weekend for lunch wink
Re: Travel by funkybaby(f): 12:14am On Aug 21, 2010
Joel.:

funkybaby, i can see u are tipical niaja, any  way take it easy on him.

from hes comment is a nice guy. i dont see him insulting you. so stop it.

anyway. poster i would advise you accept your mistake and change the way you react to this is not a racism,

why wont i insult him?

how dare he refer to me as 'dude'? grin

is he blind? didnt he see the 'f' sign beside my name undecided
Re: Travel by justwise(m): 12:14am On Aug 21, 2010
funkybaby:

really? grin

Hahaha. . .lunch? i don't want some bas. . tards to blow my backside off while enjoying lunch with u
Re: Travel by makajibbz(m): 12:15am On Aug 21, 2010
funkybaby:

really? grin

imma suicide bomber, i knw yu joint oh. grin
Re: Travel by funkybaby(f): 12:17am On Aug 21, 2010
justwise:

Hahaha. . .lunch? i don't want some bas. . tards to blow my backside off while enjoying lunch with u

hmmm. . . . . pakistan nko? lets meet there. its safer grin

makajibbz:

imma suicide bomber, i knw yu joint oh. grin

***shrugs****
save the bombs for congo tongue grin
Re: Travel by Joel3(m): 12:21am On Aug 21, 2010
Thecongo

In case you are new here, that the way Nigerians reacts on tread like this, they don’t have joy not to talk of sympathy.

I have come in contact with other country forums, they don’t exchange words like we niajas do. Before you make a post like this, be ready for a million insults, so take it like that. And be strong

I know some of them will rush me now.
Re: Travel by justwise(m): 12:21am On Aug 21, 2010
funkybaby:

hmmm. . . . . pakistan nko? lets meet there. its safer grin

***shrugs****

Now i see how much u like me, u are a strange woman grin grin
Re: Travel by justwise(m): 12:23am On Aug 21, 2010
Joel.:

Thecongo
In case you are new here, that the way Nigerians reacts on tread like this, they don’t have joy not to talk of sympathy.

I have come in contact with other country forums, they don’t exchange words like we niajas do. Before you make a post like this, be ready for a million insults, so take it like that. And be strong

What loads of rubbish are u going on abt?
Re: Travel by makajibbz(m): 12:26am On Aug 21, 2010
funkybaby:

***shrugs****
when is show him d bomb he'll start beggin in congolese. grin
Re: Travel by Joel3(m): 12:27am On Aug 21, 2010
justwise is midnight here, so got no time for yaaa,
Re: Travel by funkybaby(f): 12:33am On Aug 21, 2010
Joel.:

Thecongo

roflmao! grin grin grin grin grin grin
your post had me laughing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

World Beautiful Waterfalls / Nigeria High Commission, London: Matters Arising / Nigeria Embassy In Atlanta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.