Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Why The Level Of Unemployment Rate Is High In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why The Level Of Unemployment Rate Is High In Nigeria (281 Views)

Man Fries Garri Wearing Suit To Protest High Level Of Unemployment In Nigeria / After Many Years Of Unemployment, I Finally Got A Job, BUT... / Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why The Level Of Unemployment Rate Is High In Nigeria by lilcee(m): 7:26am On Feb 06, 2019
Why is it too hard for people above 26years to get job in Nigeria..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why The Level Of Unemployment Rate Is High In Nigeria by KOKOHANDS: 8:28am On Feb 06, 2019
Well, I do not totally agree for while on the orientation camp, there was a debate on whether the NYSC should be scrapped or not...and the answers were inconclusive, at least for me.

I don't want to reiterate the gains and pains of the NYSC but I want to say that NYSC is not the cause of unemployment in this country.

Rather, unemployment in Nigeria is a monster of many faces of which the unemployed is one, the government is one (maybe that is where you can add NYSC to other things like poor curriculum, course content, lack of or insufficient infrastructure to fast track a BALANCED education, weak academic policies), with other monsters being half-baked teachers, tutors, lecturers, examination and other malpractices and the lack of desire and/or resources to get functional (practical ans professional) education while in or after schooling.

In all these, therefore, you can see that the monsters are MANY and NYSC alone cannot be blamed for inside that NYSC, people made money, learned new skills or developed upon what they knew already, made transcultural connections, developed new ideas, visited new places, and many more gains. These are what I gained as a corper in 2015. I don't know of others. I never relied on Federal Government's N19,800 and...I rejected an offer to be employed by a school then which was willing to top my alowee with at least N10k monthly...for I went there with my brain, never got money from home but from I knew before service.

So, why not think of creating your own jobs instead of waiting for someone to pay you N50k? All you need is the knowledge of how to turn a problem into a solution, how to market the solution to many people, and how to put this on auto-pilot. that's all.

I'm Ekemini "KOKOHANDS" Ekpo.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Accounts Officer At Sunrose Consulting Limited / Dredging Companies In Nigeria / First Bank Of Nigeria Limited Job Recruitment (3 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.