Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,229 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

A Nigerian Male(25) To Marry A Male Vicar(65) - This Is Just Crazy! - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / A Nigerian Male(25) To Marry A Male Vicar(65) - This Is Just Crazy! (11153 Views)

Reports That Eritrean Law Requires Men To Marry Two Wives Are False / At least 65 dead in Makkah Grand Mosque crane crash (graphic Pics) / Re: A Nigerian Male(25) To Marry A Male Vicar(65) - This Is Just Crazy! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nigerian Male(25) To Marry A Male Vicar(65) - This Is Just Crazy! by na2day(m): 10:19pm On Aug 20, 2010
To former vicar Colin Coward, it is nothing short of a marriage made in heaven. But the 65-year-old is expected to raise a few traditional eyebrows when he walks down the aisle with the man in his life – a 25-year-old Nigerian model called Bobby.

Mr Coward and his African partner are due to hold a civil partnership later this year, followed by a service at the vicar’s church, St John the Baptist church in Devizes, Wiltshire.

The couple met at a Christian conference three years ago, and are planning to make their relationship official in a few weeks’ time.

Bobby Ikekhuame Egbele, a fashion designer and model, grew up in Nigeria and runs an online clothes shop. Currently in the UK on a holiday visa, he and his ‘husband-to-be’ are waiting for the green light from the Borders Agency, which has requested details of their relationship and residency.

This is expected to be a formality but the ‘marriage’ cannot go ahead until permission is granted. Mr Egbele, who will then become a British citizen, said yesterday: ‘I’m excited about the wedding and that people are interested in it.

‘We want it to be a public thing to inspire other people, but a marriage is also private so that feels a bit strange.’

Mr Coward, who is no longer employed by the Church but still has permission to preach, added that he hopes their public commitment will set an example to other gay people within the Anglican community.

Mr Coward, who lives with Mr Egbele in the Wiltshire village of Marston, said: ‘My goal is for everyone within the Church to feel comfortable with the situation because at the moment the majority of gay Christians marry secretly.

‘It is a taboo subject but the Church is now under huge pressure to change its stance and that pressure will only increase in the future. '

‘Clearly the blessing is going to be quite a sensitive issue. I know that many people will see it and view it with horror. But we are both deeply committed Christians so it would be unthinkable for me not to do it in church and not to do it with the congregation and with all of our friends.‘

'I hope my wedding will inspire others and set a visible example to the church that we are not afraid.’

Mr Coward, a former architect and now a gay campaigner, met Mr Egbele in 2007 at a Christian conference in Togo, West Africa, and the pair got engaged earlier this year.

The men are due to ‘marry’ on October 9 at the Register Office in Devizes before having a service at St John the Baptist church.

However, the service will not be a blessing, which is forbidden by the Anglican hierarchy for homosexual couples. But Stephen Green, director of campaign group Christian Voice, yesterday described Mr Coward’s marriage ‘an abomination before God’.

Mr Green added: ‘Mr Coward is just an emotionally disturbed man trying to inflict his predilections on the rest of the Church I fail to recognise him as a Christian because he doesn’t keep the commandments of Lord Jesus.’ A spokesman for the Diocese of Salisbury confirmed it has permitted the service to go ahead but described it as ‘separate’ from the civil ceremony.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1304674/Gay-vicar-65-marry-Nigerian-male-model-half-age.html
Re: A Nigerian Male(25) To Marry A Male Vicar(65) - This Is Just Crazy! by na2day(m): 10:28pm On Aug 20, 2010
shocked Wonders shall never end! shocked
Naija we hail thee!
Re: A Nigerian Male(25) To Marry A Male Vicar(65) - This Is Just Crazy! by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 20, 2010
End time . May God forgive u .
Re: A Nigerian Male(25) To Marry A Male Vicar(65) - This Is Just Crazy! by bawomolo(m): 12:39am On Aug 22, 2010
elodie:

really the end times, gay people just started existing 5 years ago.

yup makes sense.
Re: A Nigerian Male(25) To Marry A Male Vicar(65) - This Is Just Crazy! by ElRazur: 10:05am On Aug 22, 2010
bawomolo:

really the end times, gay people just started existing 5 years ago.

yup makes sense.

grin I'm sure it went over their heads.

Here is a bit of stuff I posted on facebook. Basically, I challenged the muppets who posted some ignorant comments on facebook,

Once the issue of homosexuality comes to play, trust the ignorant-minded Nigeria to pop out and vent their lame one-liners of "disgusting" "it is unnatural" and how it is against the will of God. Get real people.

A lot of people are missing , some basic points here, these folks are old enough to do what ever it is they want, they are not hurting anyone. Regardless of what some books written thousands of years says, homosexuality is as old as mankind and will continue to be so.

Muhammed had married a minor, a Senator in Nigeria married a 13 year old and over here two grown men are in love, seriously which ones are more disgusting? Which one should cause outrage? Yeah off course, it is the one of the men that are old enough to do whatever they want. Jeez.

As for those quoting the Leviticus, it is funny that it is this same so called bible that said it is okay for a woman to sleep with her husband's brother in order to give birth to a son. It is this same bible that says a woman who committed adultery should be stone or something along those lines. But yeah, trust the Christians to quickly point out it is from the OLD TESTAMENT, but funny enough, Leviticus is one too, but I guess it is okay when quoting it against gay people. What a bunch of hypocrites.

Yesterday at 07:18 ·

I also forget to add that those who may think this is not "natural" act. I say to you that when a male and a female engage in MouthAction, be it Mouth Action or 69 etc, surely these things are not natural because "God" do not intend for the mouth , to suck on those orifices and extra appendages of that body. No?

My point? Who are you to say something is natural or unnatural when it comes to how humans enjoy their intimate moment?

Those are the points I made (plus others) I wonder why our people are forever backward in ideas.
Re: A Nigerian Male(25) To Marry A Male Vicar(65) - This Is Just Crazy! by 9jawear(m): 8:00am On Aug 23, 2010
Holy Rock of Ages
What d******************
men this is the SODOM and GOMM?R?ah riight here
whats sweeter than a womans's winni wanna wanna
Re: A Nigerian Male(25) To Marry A Male Vicar(65) - This Is Just Crazy! by 9jawear(m): 8:02am On Aug 23, 2010
and there are some gay activitists already springing up in naija,omo dis world don finish be that
so so sad
Re: A Nigerian Male(25) To Marry A Male Vicar(65) - This Is Just Crazy! by r231(m): 11:53am On Aug 23, 2010
And will he be moving to Nigeria to be with his 'partner'?
Re: A Nigerian Male(25) To Marry A Male Vicar(65) - This Is Just Crazy! by austin4real(m): 12:01pm On Aug 23, 2010
Chei, dis i soooooo wrong, The world don dey enter end time ooooooo, how can someone feel it is right 4 a man 2 get engaged 2 another man, , when woman never finish for dis world,, shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: A Nigerian Male(25) To Marry A Male Vicar(65) - This Is Just Crazy! by Shinatu: 12:07pm On Aug 23, 2010
'As for those quoting the Leviticus, it is funny that it is this same so called bible that said it is okay for a woman to sleep with her husband's brother in order to give birth to a son. It is this same bible that says a woman who committed adultery should be stone or something along those lines. But yeah, trust the Christians to quickly point out it is from the OLD TESTAMENT, but funny enough, Leviticus is one too, but I guess it is okay when quoting it'

The new testament teachings are also against homosexuality.I am sure someone will mention where pretty soon. It has been quoted on NL in the past.
Re: A Nigerian Male(25) To Marry A Male Vicar(65) - This Is Just Crazy! by chi101: 12:08pm On Aug 23, 2010
I just feel like throwing up, shocked and weeping cry
Re: A Nigerian Male(25) To Marry A Male Vicar(65) - This Is Just Crazy! by surugede(m): 12:13pm On Aug 23, 2010
y did God destroy Sodom and Gomorrah?

and sum1 is here claiming to be a cleric yet indulges in homosexuality.
Re: A Nigerian Male(25) To Marry A Male Vicar(65) - This Is Just Crazy! by princekevo(m): 12:17pm On Aug 23, 2010
The couple met at a Christian conference three years ago, and are planning to make their relationship official in a few weeks’ time.
Abomination in the highest order!!! Which or the christians conference? The one organised by devils agents in the name of christians?

Bobby Ikekhuame Egbele, a fashion designer and model, grew up in Nigeria and runs an online clothes shop. Currently in the UK on a holiday visa, he and his ‘husband-to-be’ are waiting for the green light from the Borders Agency, which has requested details of their relationship and residency.

This is expected to be a formality but the ‘marriage’ cannot go ahead until permission is granted. Mr Egbele, who will then become a British citizen, said yesterday: ‘I’m excited about the wedding and that people are interested in it.

Some Nigerians can do anything jst for paper amd money.
Re: A Nigerian Male(25) To Marry A Male Vicar(65) - This Is Just Crazy! by agitator: 12:32pm On Aug 23, 2010
na2day!:

a 25-year-old Nigerian model called Bobby.

Model? undecided
Re: A Nigerian Male(25) To Marry A Male Vicar(65) - This Is Just Crazy! by johndavid1(m): 12:34pm On Aug 23, 2010
agitator:

Model? undecided
hmm! i fear but i no run grin grin grin undecided undecided cry cry cry
Re: A Nigerian Male(25) To Marry A Male Vicar(65) - This Is Just Crazy! by DoubleN(m): 12:42pm On Aug 23, 2010
Ewwwwww, angry angry
Re: A Nigerian Male(25) To Marry A Male Vicar(65) - This Is Just Crazy! by adconline(m): 12:44pm On Aug 23, 2010

End time for Nigeria only cos we are waiting for a better world that would be in "heaven" instead  of  working hard to fix Naija.
Re: A Nigerian Male(25) To Marry A Male Vicar(65) - This Is Just Crazy! by neonet(m): 1:22pm On Aug 23, 2010
wonders shall never end!!!!
Re: A Nigerian Male(25) To Marry A Male Vicar(65) - This Is Just Crazy! by blackcat1: 1:29pm On Aug 23, 2010
Good or bad naija will be there angry
Re: A Nigerian Male(25) To Marry A Male Vicar(65) - This Is Just Crazy! by awa17(f): 1:30pm On Aug 23, 2010
Mr Coward, who is no longer employed by the Church but still has permission to preach

THIS IS SO DISGUSTING! PERMISSION TO PREACH WHAT IF I MAY ASK??  lipsrsealed THIS BOBBYY WANTS TO GET CITIZENSHIP AT ALL COST. WE MUST PRAY FOR THIS DEPRAVED GENERATION OF OURS COZ IT SEEMS LIKE ABOMINABLE ACTS ARE NOW NORMALISED, SOON IT WILL SISTER AND SISTER GETTING MARRIED OR BROTHER BROTHER. GOD FORBID angry
Re: A Nigerian Male(25) To Marry A Male Vicar(65) - This Is Just Crazy! by Shokoloko(f): 1:35pm On Aug 23, 2010
I go paste photos of this naija gay everywhere so that if him make mistake come naija, we go cut him dick as he no sabi use am.
Re: A Nigerian Male(25) To Marry A Male Vicar(65) - This Is Just Crazy! by Skidoc(m): 1:52pm On Aug 23, 2010
No wonder he's called Coward. What a coward! See as them both wowo sef. shocked shocked
Re: A Nigerian Male(25) To Marry A Male Vicar(65) - This Is Just Crazy! by JUO(m): 2:18pm On Aug 23, 2010
embarassed
Re: A Nigerian Male(25) To Marry A Male Vicar(65) - This Is Just Crazy! by stormm: 2:22pm On Aug 23, 2010
ElRazur,
U be gay or what's your point? Please stop the whinning and fess your swinging? hehehehe
Re: A Nigerian Male(25) To Marry A Male Vicar(65) - This Is Just Crazy! by uzzimen(m): 2:29pm On Aug 23, 2010
This is absurd, Mr. Egbele should have a re-think. May God forgive them!
Re: A Nigerian Male(25) To Marry A Male Vicar(65) - This Is Just Crazy! by uyakachi(m): 2:34pm On Aug 23, 2010
this is absolute crazy , is a pity that somepeople are shameless ,oh my GOD !!!  i really feel like  vomitting
what a nonsense
THOSE PEOPLE  DESERVE TO DIE BY HANGING*******USELESS PEOPLE ****** GOD FORBID
Re: A Nigerian Male(25) To Marry A Male Vicar(65) - This Is Just Crazy! by Tudor6(f): 2:51pm On Aug 23, 2010
uyakachi:

this is absolute crazy , is a pity that somepeople are shameless ,oh my GOD !!!  i really feel like  vomitting
what a nonsense
Hang a human beig because he prefers to stick his d,,ick in an azzhole of another man What is the big deal??

I've said it and will say it again, happy married life to the couple. They deserve happiness and should be able to get it with whomever they please!
Re: A Nigerian Male(25) To Marry A Male Vicar(65) - This Is Just Crazy! by JeSoul(f): 3:11pm On Aug 23, 2010
agitator:

Model? undecided
Lol . . . na the only thing for the entire article wey suprise me oh grin
Re: A Nigerian Male(25) To Marry A Male Vicar(65) - This Is Just Crazy! by tolutara: 3:13pm On Aug 23, 2010
Papers Papers Papers, It all about the Paper,

See what Nigeria is driving our youths to do all in the name getting British Citizenship, I guess he must leave naija by and mean Necessary shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: A Nigerian Male(25) To Marry A Male Vicar(65) - This Is Just Crazy! by matiltomd(f): 3:16pm On Aug 23, 2010
Tudór:

Hang a human beig because he prefers to stick his d,,ick in an azzhole of another man What is the big deal??

I've said it and will say it again, happy married life to the couple. They deserve happiness and should be able to get it with whomever they please!

Thanks a lot Tudor, EL Razur said it all,
If there's a separate hell fire for fornicators/child molesters/cheats/fraudsters/adulterers/armed robbers;then I'll crucify gays, But if it's the same hell,please let the gays have fun while on earth, Besides who are we to criticize?
They are adults,so why bother myself with what they deem fit in their eyes?
Happy married life to you abeg!
Re: A Nigerian Male(25) To Marry A Male Vicar(65) - This Is Just Crazy! by Ranoscky(m): 3:19pm On Aug 23, 2010
shocked shocked shocked (((Heaven i need a hug)))
Re: A Nigerian Male(25) To Marry A Male Vicar(65) - This Is Just Crazy! by Harzan(m): 3:22pm On Aug 23, 2010
uyakachi:

this is absolute crazy ,  is a pity that somepeople are shameless ,oh my GOD !!!  i really feel like  vomitting
what a nonsense

GBAM!!!
Stupid fellow!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mauritania Dissolves 76 Political Parties For ‘Being Too Small’ / 2 Palestinian Journalists Killed In an Israeli Strike in southern Gaza / Israel To Bomb Iran After US Elections!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.