Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Advice Needed: - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Advice Needed: (587 Views)

Advice Needed: Ford Explorer Vs Prado Vs Pajero / Expert Advice Needed- Conversion Of Manual To Automatic / Are Passats Really Unreliable? Expert Advice Needed ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Advice Needed: by esaxze: 9:39am On Aug 21, 2010
Hello house,

I'm about to purchase a used (tokunbo) Toyota Camry 2007 SE (V6). I've been going through a lot of posts and comments about problems with the transmission, oil leakage etc, I just want to find out if all 2007 V6 SEs have this problem. If they do, I'll pass. But if not, is there a way to determine if the one i'm considering has these problems the VIN number is 4T1BK46K47U505038.

One more thing, I've gotten the CARFAX VIN report and up until now, there's no record of transmission problems, oil leakage, etc. is this an indication that the car is one of the good ones??

The car was manufactured 04/17/2006.

Please I need your advice so I can make a well informed decision.

Thanx a mill in advance,
Re: Advice Needed: by KunleA2(m): 2:55pm On Aug 21, 2010
esaxze:

Hello house,

I'm about to purchase a used (tokunbo) Toyota Camry 2007 SE (V6). I've been going through a lot of posts and comments about problems with the transmission, oil leakage etc, I just want to find out if all 2007 V6 SEs have this problem. If they do, I'll pass. But if not, is there a way to determine if the one i'm considering has these problems the VIN number is 4T1BK46K47U505038.

One more thing, I've gotten the CARFAX VIN report and up until now, there's no record of transmission problems, oil leakage, etc. is this an indication that the car is one of the good ones??

The car was manufactured 04/17/2006.

Please I need your advice so I can make a well informed decision.

Thanx a mill in advance,

I would really like to know where your information is coming from. Up till now, i haven't heard (or aware of) any widespread information regarding the oil leak and transmission problems. It is quite possible that there is or may have been an isolated incident of problems. This is not unusual for any car model.

If you don't mind, i will like to have the link of your source please and let me read myself. Otherwise, the 2007 SE V6 is a very reliable and fine ride.

I do suggest that you inspect the vehicle itself before purchase.

Happy Motoring.

(1) (Reply)

How Much Did You Change The Dollar Today? / Help Pls-my Eod Jerks When I Slow Down / Those In Need Of A Honda Ivtec 2003 And Above

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.