Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,311 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

Review Of My Website Freewebs.com/Flowkwika - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Review Of My Website Freewebs.com/Flowkwika (1920 Views)

Read What Adsense Replied On Their Second Review Of My Application / I Need A Web Designer To Work On My Website / Review Of Basket Mouth's Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Review Of My Website Freewebs.com/Flowkwika by chief(m): 11:06am On Jan 12, 2006
Your View

This is a site I'm working on. So far, this is what I've come up with. Need your views on how it looks and if you feel anything should be added or removed.

http://www.freewebs.com/flowkwika/

Thanks.
Re: Review Of My Website Freewebs.com/Flowkwika by oasis: 12:48am On Jan 13, 2006
It has a clean look. Good

Nice consistency of the pages.  The menu is always located at the same place on every page.  Good.

The pages are really small in size and download quickly.  Good.

Not a flash site.  Good.

Unoptimized logo (230k in size).  Bad
Open it up in photoshop.
Go to File, Save for web.
Play with the optimization.  I was able to get a good looking version that was less than 15k in size.

Free long url. Bad.
Get a custom url.
Re: Review Of My Website Freewebs.com/Flowkwika by Seun(m): 1:49am On Jan 13, 2006
Oasis: you can attach this 15k version of his logo to your post and save him some minutes of work. he'll appreciate it, I'm sure.
Re: Review Of My Website Freewebs.com/Flowkwika by oasis: 2:34am On Jan 13, 2006
Yes I know.

But I believe in teaching people how to fish, rather than giving them a fish.

The best designer must get his hands dirty. Agree?
Re: Review Of My Website Freewebs.com/Flowkwika by Seun(m): 6:39pm On Jan 13, 2006
And I have reason to believe that your claim to have a 15k version of the logo is either an exxageration or an outright lie.
Re: Review Of My Website Freewebs.com/Flowkwika by oasis: 7:43pm On Jan 13, 2006
And I have reason to believe that your claim to have a 15k version of the logo is either an exxageration or an outright lie.

Now, be nice.

Why would you call a respectable guy like me a liar?  grin
What do you think I do for a living?

Original: 230K

optimized gif: 15K

optimized png: 15K

optimized jpg: 15K
Re: Review Of My Website Freewebs.com/Flowkwika by Seun(m): 4:57am On Jan 14, 2006
Better! cheesy And thanks!
Re: Review Of My Website Freewebs.com/Flowkwika by thelastdon(m): 6:06pm On Jan 14, 2006
The wise, I understand what you just did cheesy
Re: Review Of My Website Freewebs.com/Flowkwika by chief(m): 3:31pm On Jan 16, 2006
thanxs a lot
Re: Review Of My Website Freewebs.com/Flowkwika by joftech(m): 4:59am On Jan 22, 2006
Chief, maybe you will consider reducing the size of the text of the menu. You can also convert them to plain text instead of graphic (that will speed up your page loading somehow).

Also the borders on those table don't cut it at all, maybe you will consider removing them so that you can have a plain looking page/layout,
Re: Review Of My Website Freewebs.com/Flowkwika by kris(m): 5:42pm On Jan 23, 2006
Yes another reason to conver them to text and not graphic is so that google can index your page.
Re: Review Of My Website Freewebs.com/Flowkwika by iceberg: 1:34pm On Feb 03, 2006
its ok
Re: Review Of My Website Freewebs.com/Flowkwika by sbucareer(f): 2:08pm On Feb 03, 2006
I don't know why I keep criticizing peoples work?  Maybe the work is bad/worst, I don't know.  Anyway sha, let me give you feedback from my perception.

The look and feel is bad.  The GUI is itchy and I do not personally like the fonts.  How about accessibility?  If you are designing for a company the company would appreciate value for money hence I cannot find HCI properties in your design.  The navigational structure is good, i.e. vertical and horizontal.  Good consistency throughout the web apps perhaps you'd use CCS

Overall, I will give you 30%.  Please color is not the the factor for determing a good website.  Many people believe it or not have color blindness.  A simple black and white background should do it and a little color to emphasize some areas of interest to customers.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Webmaster And Host Name / Interview With Olayinka Oladele: Nigeria's Youngest Blogger / How To Check 6gb Data Balance For N1500 On Airtel {code}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.