Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

I Didn’t Divorce My Wife For Supporting Buhari – Man (pic) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Didn’t Divorce My Wife For Supporting Buhari – Man (pic) (20531 Views)

About To Divorce My Husband Who Sponsored Me In School. / I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible / Time To Divorce My Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didn’t Divorce My Wife For Supporting Buhari – Man (pic) by ijustdey: 9:53pm On Feb 07, 2019

A couple earlier reported to have ended their marriage over the wife’s insistence on voting for President Muhammadu Buhari has denied the report.

BBC Hausa had reported that Abdullahi Yada’u of Unguwan Gero, Kanaam Local Government of Plateau State, divorced his wife for vowing to vote for Mr Buhari. Mr Buhari is seeking reelection on February 16 on the platform of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

The report said Mr Yada’u insisted they should both vote Atiku Abubakar, the candidate of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), but the woman refused.

The report was republished by other media platforms, including PREMIUM TIMES on January 24.

However, Daily Trust on Sunday said its reporter who visited Unguwar Gero village found that the story was not true. The newspaper did not state the time of the visit.

According to Daily Trust, the reporter met Mr Yada’u and the wife, Fatima, in their home in Unguwan Gero. They both told the reporter that there was never a fight between them, the newspapers reported.

Okowa Campaign AD

The reporter gathered that the people who spoke to BBC Hausa where not members of the couple’s family. They lied to the BBC on record, the newspaper reported.

The reporter said he met Mrs Yadu’a bathing one of the couple’s three kids to get him ready for afternoon classes. She said her name is not Hafsat as stated in the BBC report.

Expressing anguish that a fallacious report about her marriage had “travelled far and wide”, Mrs Yadu’a said she and her husband did not listen to the BBC report.

She said their home was besieged by sympathisers and angry acquaintances after the report.

“We have been married for seven years. I feel the report was an attempt to disgrace my marriage,” she said.

“My husband and I live peacefully and happily, we have never invited a third party into our affairs and he has never raised a finger to my head not to mention beating me up to the point of knocking out my teeth.

“They claimed my husband had pronounced the divorce on me twice and assaulted me because he had asked me to vote for Atiku, and I insisted on Buhari. That was a lie, it never happened, both my husband and I are supporters of Baba Buhari,” she said.

Mr Yada’u, however, said that he is still in pains over the story.

“We have a place where young men assemble to discuss issues. So on that fateful Wednesday around 1:30 pm, they were discussing the presidential election and I suggested that it would be good for someone to put up the discussions on the internet.

“Khamisu Maidankali quickly said using radio would be better and he suggested the BBC. Shortly before I left the assembly, Khamisu Maidankali approached me and requested that we phone in the BBC together. But I told him I was only joking and had nothing to say. He later approached me again and I declined. I picked my motorcycle and left for Gajinduguri village.”

But that evening, he said unknown to him, Mr Maidankali and an accomplice made their way to the foot of a baobab tree on a hill where the villagers usually find cellular phone signal and communicate.

He said the accomplice, identified only as Hamisu, impersonated him, “while Maidankali disguised his voice to pose as Ibrahim Suleiman.”

Mr Yada’u also said he had to make a statement at Dengi Police station confirming that he was not part of the concocted story.

“I was invited by the Dengi police station and I made my statement there. I was so scared after what my friends did and was thinking of even running away. I felt really bad. The two people involved in this are at large at the moment because the Dengi police are looking for them,” Mr Yadu’a said.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/311140-i-didnt-divorce-my-wife-for-supporting-buhari-plateau-man.html

5 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Divorce My Wife For Supporting Buhari – Man (pic) by Nobody: 10:04pm On Feb 07, 2019
Like for the wife, Share for Buhari

33 Likes 29 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Divorce My Wife For Supporting Buhari – Man (pic) by hahn(m): 10:04pm On Feb 07, 2019

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Divorce My Wife For Supporting Buhari – Man (pic) by Hotguy27: 10:04pm On Feb 07, 2019
Re: I Didn’t Divorce My Wife For Supporting Buhari – Man (pic) by Nobody: 10:04pm On Feb 07, 2019
APC zombies don threaten the innocent man

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Divorce My Wife For Supporting Buhari – Man (pic) by momove4real25(f): 10:04pm On Feb 07, 2019
Hmmmmm
Re: I Didn’t Divorce My Wife For Supporting Buhari – Man (pic) by MOSICATED5(m): 10:05pm On Feb 07, 2019
Who dey rush post all this fake news without first verifying

9 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Divorce My Wife For Supporting Buhari – Man (pic) by tfash96(m): 10:05pm On Feb 07, 2019
Next pls
Re: I Didn’t Divorce My Wife For Supporting Buhari – Man (pic) by oyetunder(m): 10:05pm On Feb 07, 2019
cheesy the way some idle idiots fabricate news! And such people always fabricate poverty upon their own lives. If you also want to know how evil humans are, check how they doubt good stories about but accept instantly any bad news.

9 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Divorce My Wife For Supporting Buhari – Man (pic) by castro234(m): 10:05pm On Feb 07, 2019
Vote buhari back to daura....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Divorce My Wife For Supporting Buhari – Man (pic) by ElCamerooni: 10:06pm On Feb 07, 2019
Like for Buhari
Share for Osinbajo

38 Likes 29 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Divorce My Wife For Supporting Buhari – Man (pic) by lilmax(m): 10:06pm On Feb 07, 2019
who cares?

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Divorce My Wife For Supporting Buhari – Man (pic) by dannybrasky(m): 10:06pm On Feb 07, 2019
grin
Re: I Didn’t Divorce My Wife For Supporting Buhari – Man (pic) by Adexprint(m): 10:06pm On Feb 07, 2019
funny
Re: I Didn’t Divorce My Wife For Supporting Buhari – Man (pic) by whatmoreng: 10:06pm On Feb 07, 2019
Correct
Re: I Didn’t Divorce My Wife For Supporting Buhari – Man (pic) by dante0147: 10:06pm On Feb 07, 2019
Ok
Re: I Didn’t Divorce My Wife For Supporting Buhari – Man (pic) by jomoh: 10:07pm On Feb 07, 2019
BBC again

The same BBC that is being dragged on twitter for representing Atiku as the better candidate.

These people have started interfering in our elections and Like el Rufai said they shall all leave in body bags.

Look at this headlines and tell me if this is not pure interference.

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Divorce My Wife For Supporting Buhari – Man (pic) by Nobody: 10:08pm On Feb 07, 2019
She and her husband are both supporters of Buhari and some Athiefkulators were spreading lies that her husband divorced her because she supported Buhari .

The way Athiefkulators lie and spread fake news this period even the devil needs to enrol in their school afresh

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Divorce My Wife For Supporting Buhari – Man (pic) by Nobody: 10:09pm On Feb 07, 2019
grin

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Divorce My Wife For Supporting Buhari – Man (pic) by sacx: 10:09pm On Feb 07, 2019
These are the calibre of people voting Buhari lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Divorce My Wife For Supporting Buhari – Man (pic) by Malawian(m): 10:11pm On Feb 07, 2019
Na Aboki wey dey village dey throw all these vocabs in?
Re: I Didn’t Divorce My Wife For Supporting Buhari – Man (pic) by hemucology(m): 10:12pm On Feb 07, 2019
Funny

Good night aose
Re: I Didn’t Divorce My Wife For Supporting Buhari – Man (pic) by Larryfest(m): 10:12pm On Feb 07, 2019
Whoever dem like let them vote for who cares
Re: I Didn’t Divorce My Wife For Supporting Buhari – Man (pic) by Nobody: 10:14pm On Feb 07, 2019
PDP sponsoring fake news to sway voters...

By the time they lose, if anyone cries foul play near me, I'll use plank to format their senses

Atiku is a goner

FeBuhari is sure

Infrastructural progress is a must

APC victory has been signed sealed and delivered

IPOBIANS can go to hell with their 5% vote

God bless President Muhammadu Buhari

Like for Buhari 2019

Share for Osibanjo 2023

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Divorce My Wife For Supporting Buhari – Man (pic) by albaniy1: 10:14pm On Feb 07, 2019
ISSORIGTH
Re: I Didn’t Divorce My Wife For Supporting Buhari – Man (pic) by Larryfest(m): 10:14pm On Feb 07, 2019
Who cares naa
Re: I Didn’t Divorce My Wife For Supporting Buhari – Man (pic) by Clem00008: 10:16pm On Feb 07, 2019
Benda80:
[color=#990000][/color]see below

As you Sabi who go win, we not stake your money continue they win. Scam shocked

3 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Divorce My Wife For Supporting Buhari – Man (pic) by babadee1(m): 10:16pm On Feb 07, 2019
sacx:
These are the calibre of people voting Buhari lipsrsealed

And what is the calibre of the people voting for Atiku?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Brothers Gambling Problem / 9-year-old Boy Commits Suicide After Being Bullied At School / Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.