Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,255 members, 7,836,181 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

New Cancer Center At The Lagos University Teaching Hospital. #NEXTLEVEL. PICS. - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / New Cancer Center At The Lagos University Teaching Hospital. #NEXTLEVEL. PICS. (24304 Views)

Kunle Odunsi Named New Director Of University Of Chicago Cancer Center / Governor Ganduje Inspects Kano Cancer Center Ongoing Construction / Entrance Of Lagos University Teaching Hospital Will Shock You (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Cancer Center At The Lagos University Teaching Hospital. #NEXTLEVEL. PICS. by bellazz(m): 7:36am On Feb 08, 2019
eaglez:
Bro take it easy now, y spread this fake news about two doctors being on ground and who told you one or any of them is old, if its prof Ajekigbe, the renowned oncologist has retired, the HOD DR. Habeeb is a young man that can be accessed any time any day, or should we mention the irk of Dr. Alabi(female consultant), Dr. Alabi( male consultant),Dr. Alegi, Dr. Adeniji, Dr. popoola,Dr. Okoro,Dr. Ajei. The only thing you can tell me and i will believe you is that the doctors need more hands as the population of patients is far more than the number of Doctors.

God Bless you.... enlighten the puppy
Re: New Cancer Center At The Lagos University Teaching Hospital. #NEXTLEVEL. PICS. by Servercodes: 7:41am On Feb 08, 2019
deomelo:

He actually just commissioned a major project @ UNN in Enugu.

Nairaland is filled with illiterates speaking with no evidence
Re: New Cancer Center At The Lagos University Teaching Hospital. #NEXTLEVEL. PICS. by obailala(m): 7:43am On Feb 08, 2019
rentAcock:
That MRI machine looks really sexy. Nigerians had a very low incidence of cancer up until the mid 2000s when American food chains like KFC and all these pizza joints started flooding Nigeria. Now more and more Nigerians are dying from cancer because instead of them to eat the food that's native to them, they prefer the white man's food. God created everyone to better adapt to their environment, once you start making artificial alterations, that's when unfathomable diseases and illness arise. There's a reason why the white man's medications doesn't cure diabetes or hypertension in Africans this is mainly because our genetic makeup is different from the white man, our herbs and natural food is our medicine.
The bolded part of your comment above, permit me to drop my thoughts. There's this widespread belief that cancer wasnt a Nigerian problem until recently. But I believe that isn't true.

Cancer has always existed in Nigeria, but we never and we still hardly ever diagnose it. Millions of Nigerians die from cancer regularly but it's never diagnosed; how many times have you seen obituaries or heard stories aboit a person dying "after a brief illness"?... In cases where the victim had some suspicious neighbours or family/village people, we just instantly conclude it was juju influenced brief illness, and then spend the rest of our time and resources going from pastor to prophet. Meanwhile the person died of some form of cancer. The only cancer we diagnose in Nigeria are the ones that have a visible representation, e.g. lumps in breast cancer etc.

If we really had proper diagnosis in Nigeria, you will be shocked at the true statistics of cancer related deaths in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: New Cancer Center At The Lagos University Teaching Hospital. #NEXTLEVEL. PICS. by adekalumichael: 7:47am On Feb 08, 2019
Eko Federal with this again, another beauty added.

Join other non-lazy youths to learn how to do design for M&E companies. Available training are HVAC, electrical, fire fighting and plumbing including Revit MEP. Check siggy for more details.
Re: New Cancer Center At The Lagos University Teaching Hospital. #NEXTLEVEL. PICS. by Timisamd(m): 7:49am On Feb 08, 2019
Sannisege:
May we not be victims of cancer or any other debilitating disease. Amen
amin

1 Like

Re: New Cancer Center At The Lagos University Teaching Hospital. #NEXTLEVEL. PICS. by Eastatlantalove(m): 7:49am On Feb 08, 2019
nho4:

Because you Igbo's are fake and dubious...you value money more than human lives.

You Igbo's have made it almost impossible for Nigerians to enjoy the value for their money because our markets have been flooded with fake and substandard goods selling at the same price as the original.

You Igbo's are betrayals because you guys are the reason why Chinese companies are busy exporting substandard goods to Nigeria, all because you told them to do so.

Most patients spend huge sums of money on drugs and yet no healing in sight all because you guys are behind fake drugs in Nigeria...

You all will suffer for these atrocities...

this one would die of jealousy... with all the hatred we. are still the most hard working and successful tribe... we don't like you either... I just hope you're not a Yoruba person.. if you are then forgive me for wasting my mb on you... you're way below our league ...we shouldn't be replying you guys...
Re: New Cancer Center At The Lagos University Teaching Hospital. #NEXTLEVEL. PICS. by Timisamd(m): 7:54am On Feb 08, 2019
eaglez:
Bro take it easy now, y spread this fake news about two doctors being on ground and who told you one or any of them is old, if its prof Ajekigbe, the renowned oncologist has retired, the HOD DR. Habeeb is a young man that can be accessed any time any day, or should we mention the irk of Dr. Alabi(female consultant), Dr. Alabi( male consultant),Dr. Alegi, Dr. Adeniji, Dr. popoola,Dr. Okoro,Dr. Ajei. The only thing you can tell me and i will believe you is that the doctors need more hands as the population of patients is far more than the number of Doctors.
*sighs* .... It is well.....
Re: New Cancer Center At The Lagos University Teaching Hospital. #NEXTLEVEL. PICS. by Olawalesmarter(m): 8:05am On Feb 08, 2019
policy12:

Why Lagos? This Lagos....That Lagos.

Why not Enugu?

How many people is living in Enugu ? where better to build such facility than a City that is the most populous city in Africa?
Re: New Cancer Center At The Lagos University Teaching Hospital. #NEXTLEVEL. PICS. by Olawalesmarter(m): 8:13am On Feb 08, 2019
Eastatlantalove:

this one would die of jealousy... with all the hatred we. are still the most hard working and successful tribe... we don't like you either... I just hope you're not a Yoruba person.. if you are then forgive me for wasting my mb on you... you're way below our league ...we shouldn't be replying you guys...

No one is jealous of you my brother, when will you people stop telling yourselves this lie to feel important. Today when we go to market it is no longer easy for us or almost impossible for us to get Original techs, gadgets, etc because of your people and all you do is beat your chest and Vanity and Dissasters. I wonder who be happy with how you flooded our market with low life and low qualities materials selling them as Original goods, we now waste money try to get a good and Original techs, and gadgets etc in Nigeria because of your people and you are shouting of jealousy, like you don't know the meaning of jealousy if others are jealous of you they will to do your thing and copy you but no one give a Fvck about you they are all doing theirs. You guys will never change because you believe what you doing is good
Re: New Cancer Center At The Lagos University Teaching Hospital. #NEXTLEVEL. PICS. by Olawalesmarter(m): 8:24am On Feb 08, 2019
SoNature:

Aturu!

But when the same Igbos demand that they want their own country, your useless government will use the military to attack them.
Useless country with senseless citizens!
Shithole is an understatement for this hell of a country!

No one hate you people, but you guys feel entitle to many things that you hardly work for then you hate on other people's achievement and progress when you feel jealous it was one of your people that started the jealousy and bitterness on this thread. He said they should have built it in Enugu, so 20 millions people in Lagos and the most populous city in Africa should go and fry water abi ? you feel entitle to everything you hardly work for when all you do is preach hate and hatred. What's wrong with celebrating with 20 million people living in Lagos ? anf wait for your turn too? and it is not only for Lagosians it is for Every Nigerians i don't know why you guys are just so bitter
Re: New Cancer Center At The Lagos University Teaching Hospital. #NEXTLEVEL. PICS. by sogodihno: 8:25am On Feb 08, 2019
CoolSmithz:

For your age propaganda and deceit shouldn't be your fore front objective but who am I to stop your delusion..

I bet you don't even know the specific location of that building in LUTH neither do you know when this project was started.

Let me educate you a little bit, your reverse Messiah Bihari does not even have a clue this project exists,
As a matter of fact, this project was started way back in Jonathan's era , fully paid for

Anyways, it's not today you people started taking glory of projects executed by the previous administration

just shut up! everything started in Jonathan era, yet we didn't see them in Jonathan era. hide your face in Shame.
Re: New Cancer Center At The Lagos University Teaching Hospital. #NEXTLEVEL. PICS. by degab148(m): 8:26am On Feb 08, 2019
To get cancer go hungry some Lagosians now
Re: New Cancer Center At The Lagos University Teaching Hospital. #NEXTLEVEL. PICS. by Nobody: 8:27am On Feb 08, 2019
kolaaderin:
The joke is on you, why is it that every project was paid for and 6years the Buffon could not commission a single one for election campaign in 2015. Because he never paid for any, he only played politics of diagram on paper lunching of projects they will never construct just to embezzle the money.

Young man don't come for me when you have surface knowledge,
In your own contexts, because they have been paid for so there shouldn't be time before completion.

Besides, I stayed in LUTH before the project was initiated and I still stay in LUTH,
I knew how this project was handled and even how your awesome buhari delayed this project
Don't politicize health my dear friend,
I will singlehandedly tutor you in health politics
Thank you
Re: New Cancer Center At The Lagos University Teaching Hospital. #NEXTLEVEL. PICS. by Nobody: 8:31am On Feb 08, 2019
sogodihno:

just shut up! everything started in Jonathan era, yet we didn't see them in Jonathan era. hide your face in Shame.

My friend you should be the one shutting up,
Do you know anything about that project if not for the fact that you saw the pictures online,
Come to LUTH let me specifically tell you how buhari has delayed this project
Plot twist, the project was completed months back,
But they just have to wait for buhari to commission it

BTW, I argue with facts, I don't deal with people who barely know politics or more so into politics

1 Like

Re: New Cancer Center At The Lagos University Teaching Hospital. #NEXTLEVEL. PICS. by rentAcock(m): 8:34am On Feb 08, 2019
obailala:

The bolded part of your comment above, permit me to drop my thoughts. There's this widespread belief that cancer wasnt a Nigerian problem until recently. But I believe that isn't true.

Cancer has always existed in Nigeria, but we never and we still hardly ever diagnose it. Millions of Nigerians die from cancer regularly but it's never diagnosed; how many times have you seen obituaries or heard stories aboit a person dying "after a brief illness"?... In cases where the victim had some suspicious neighbours or family/village people, we just instantly conclude it was juju influenced brief illness, and then spend the rest of our time and resources going from pastor to prophet. Meanwhile the person died of some form of cancer. The only cancer we diagnose in Nigeria are the ones that have a visible representation, e.g. lumps in breast cancer etc.

If we really had proper diagnosis in Nigeria, you will be shocked at the true statistics of cancer related deaths in Nigeria.

You are so right. Cancer must have been off the radar due to under diagnosing, however the influx of Western foods, rampant use of microwave and radiation emiting cell phones might do us in.

1 Like

Re: New Cancer Center At The Lagos University Teaching Hospital. #NEXTLEVEL. PICS. by Nobody: 8:36am On Feb 08, 2019
Gforce2019:

You are foolishly fool. This is 21st century you better deliver yourself from all this foolish comments you always post on nairaland platform..

You said this project started during GEJ administration, the dasuki allocations that was shared among PDP apologists could have finished various projects in the country without hassle...

Young man, firstly, in your whole misery don't ever tag me foolish,
If you believe you are man enough to insult me, do it to my face and stop hiding behind your gadget,

Secondly, have you ever seen me comment in politics in nairaland, or do you think I am one of those people BMC been paid 30,000 monthly stipend,

Thirdly, LUTH is my abode, I have been living and working in LUTH for 8 good years,

Do you know anything that goes on in LUTH,
DO YOU KNOW OF OUR POWER PLANT ?
DO YOU KNOW HOW THIS PROJECT BECAME A REALTY,

JUST SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND LEARN,
EDUCATION COSTS TIME,

I FORGOT APC FANATICS DON'T THINK

1 Like

Re: New Cancer Center At The Lagos University Teaching Hospital. #NEXTLEVEL. PICS. by Omololu001: 8:38am On Feb 08, 2019
dante0147:
Some people are just posting next level like when has a state owned business now concerns the FG.
so LUTH is owned by the Lagos state government? grin
Re: New Cancer Center At The Lagos University Teaching Hospital. #NEXTLEVEL. PICS. by Omololu001: 8:42am On Feb 08, 2019
obailala:

On this same thread about cancer cantre, some are bragging about it being an achievement of APC/PMB, some are saying no it was built by MTN, some say it was conceived, fully paid for and started by GEJ over 4 years ago, and now this gentleman claims it belongs to a state govt (apparently a state govt left the state hospitals and decided to equip a federal one). Oh lest I forget, I dude even claimed the place has just 2 doctors, of which one is even too old to come to work. grin

Nigerian political discussions can indeed be amusing at election times like this.
Nah that one wey talk say nah state government get am worst pass grin

So the Lagos state government will leave LASUTH and build an infrastructure of $11m in LUTH grin
Re: New Cancer Center At The Lagos University Teaching Hospital. #NEXTLEVEL. PICS. by sogodihno: 8:42am On Feb 08, 2019
CoolSmithz:

My friend you should be the one shutting up,
Do you know anything about that project if not for the fact that you saw the pictures online,
Come to LUTH let me specifically tell you how buhari has delayed this project
Plot twist, the project was completed months back,
But they just have to wait for buhari to commission it

BTW, I argue with facts, I don't deal with people who barely know politics or more so into politics

again, shut up!
Re: New Cancer Center At The Lagos University Teaching Hospital. #NEXTLEVEL. PICS. by SoNature(m): 8:43am On Feb 08, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

No one hate you people, but you guys feel entitle to many things that you hardly work for then you hate on other people's achievement and progress when you feel jealous it was one of your people that started the jealousy and bitterness on this thread. He said they should have built it in Enugu, so 20 millions people in Lagos and the most populous city in Africa should go and fry water abi ? you feel entitle to everything you hardly work for when all you do is preach hate and hatred. What's wrong with celebrating with 20 million people living in Lagos ? anf wait for your turn too? and it is not only for Lagosians it is for Every Nigerians i don't know why you guys are just so bitter

I don't remember replying to your message
Tell that tribalist idiot to bring it on
Stay off my mention!
Re: New Cancer Center At The Lagos University Teaching Hospital. #NEXTLEVEL. PICS. by obailala(m): 8:43am On Feb 08, 2019
rentAcock:

You are so right. Cancer must have been off the radar due to under diagnosing, however the influx of Western foods, rampant use of microwave and radiation emiting cell phones might do us in.
Has the exact cause of cancer really been scientifically proven?... Those thing you mentioned above are just high contenders.
Re: New Cancer Center At The Lagos University Teaching Hospital. #NEXTLEVEL. PICS. by NwigwePrince: 8:48am On Feb 08, 2019
Help keep your sugar level in check with this supplement that has been proven to help control blood sugar levels. Its highly effective, at lowering blood glucose levels for those with type 2 excessive glucose levels. This is a medication commonly prescribed to control glucose levels in diabetic patients when taken. CLICK HERE FOR MORE...
http://www.vitalife.com.ng/db/
Re: New Cancer Center At The Lagos University Teaching Hospital. #NEXTLEVEL. PICS. by Olawalesmarter(m): 8:49am On Feb 08, 2019
SoNature:

I don't remember replying to your message
Tell that tribalist idiot to bring it on
Stay off my mention!

i'm not the cause of Your sifia pain undecided
Re: New Cancer Center At The Lagos University Teaching Hospital. #NEXTLEVEL. PICS. by AceVentura: 9:20am On Feb 08, 2019
Tittos:
That cancer center was donated by mtn. When you lie, use style. BTW. There are only two doctors operating in that whole center and one of them is old and hardly comes to work.

Talk the one wey you know!!!

The cancer centre was funded through the NSIA (Nigerian Sovereign Investment Authority) & it was constructed by Nahman Construction Company Limited.

I know because I handled the banking transaction.

2 Likes

Re: New Cancer Center At The Lagos University Teaching Hospital. #NEXTLEVEL. PICS. by sonnie10: 9:25am On Feb 08, 2019
obailala:

If we really had proper diagnosis in for Nigeria, you will be shocked at the true statistics of cancer related deaths in Nigeria.

I must take credit for the building of this cancer center. Ask me why and I will update later.
Re: New Cancer Center At The Lagos University Teaching Hospital. #NEXTLEVEL. PICS. by dante0147: 9:27am On Feb 08, 2019
obailala:

On this same thread about cancer cantre, some are bragging about it being an achievement of APC/PMB, some are saying no it was built by MTN, some say it was conceived, fully paid for and started by GEJ over 4 years ago, and now this gentleman claims it belongs to a state govt (apparently a state govt left the state hospitals and decided to equip a federal one). Oh lest I forget, I dude even claimed the place has just 2 doctors, of which one is even too old to come to work. grin

Nigerian political discussions can indeed be amusing at election times like this.

That’s the beauty of it everyone wants to support its preferred candidate...
Re: New Cancer Center At The Lagos University Teaching Hospital. #NEXTLEVEL. PICS. by sonnie10: 9:30am On Feb 08, 2019
rentAcock:
That MRI machine looks really sexy. Nigerians had a very low incidence of cancer up until the mid 2000s when American food chains like KFC and all these pizza joints started flooding Nigeria. Now more and more Nigerians are dying from cancer because instead of them to eat the food that's native to them, they prefer the white man's food. God created everyone to better adapt to their environment, once you start making artificial alterations, that's when unfathomable diseases and illness arise. There's a reason why the white man's medications doesn't cure diabetes or hypertension in Africans this is mainly because our genetic makeup is different from the white man, our herbs and natural food is our medicine.
There is no MRI machine in those pictures. On is CT scan, and the other a linear accelerator for radiotherapy.
Re: New Cancer Center At The Lagos University Teaching Hospital. #NEXTLEVEL. PICS. by Daviddson(m): 9:52am On Feb 08, 2019
deomelo:

He actually just commissioned a major project @ UNN in Enugu.
It's like you're beginning to behave more mature. This is most likely your first time of not replying such message with "See this village Igbos (sic)".
Re: New Cancer Center At The Lagos University Teaching Hospital. #NEXTLEVEL. PICS. by luba9876: 10:20am On Feb 08, 2019
policy12:

Why Lagos? This Lagos....That Lagos.

Why not Enugu?
Nigerians and ethnicity. What is Enugu state population compare to Lagos state. Beside Enugu state can have something of this nature if it see it as a necessity. Don't blame anybody for Enugu state backwardness. Mind you, I'm not from Lagos state. Just commenting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Coronavirus: FG Discourages Nigerians From Traveling / 6-year-old Boy Drowns In A Well In Kano (Photos) / 4 Effects Of Nail Biting! Stop The Bad Habit Today!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.