Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,439 members, 7,812,312 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

Is It Advisable To Buy A Refurbished Phone? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is It Advisable To Buy A Refurbished Phone? (2478 Views)

How To Tell If This Phone Is A Refurbished Or Original London Used? (Photo) / Man Who Bought 'Refurbished' Phone From Jumia Cries Out / Why Should You Buy A Refurbished Phone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Advisable To Buy A Refurbished Phone? by ksly24(m): 11:29am On Feb 08, 2019
is there any harm in buying a refurbished phone,(galaxy s8 plus to be precise)
honsule puskin dragnet lalasticlala please help push to fp
Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Refurbished Phone? by thowbie7ven(m): 12:57pm On Feb 08, 2019
ksly24:
There is no crime in buying refurbished phones after all the UK USED gadgets that have taken over the streets are all refurbished phones. Although there are some risks when it comes to buying refurbished electronics, there's no reason to be put off just by the label "reburbished." Buying refurbished can land you an incredible deal. Just buy it from the manufacturer or reputable dealer and with a long warranty to cover any problems and enjoy your savings.
Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Refurbished Phone? by Lexusgs430: 3:00pm On Feb 08, 2019
ksly24:

Why buy used, when you can easily buy brand new Umidigi One Max or Umidigi F1?.....
Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Refurbished Phone? by ksly24(m): 7:29pm On Feb 08, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Why buy used, when you can easily buy brand new Umidigi One Max or Umidigi F1?.....
nah, I dont use that kind of phone

6 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Refurbished Phone? by ksly24(m): 7:30pm On Feb 08, 2019
Lexusgs430:

nah, I dont use that kind of phone, but thanks by the way

4 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Refurbished Phone? by ksly24(m): 7:31pm On Feb 08, 2019
thowbie7ven:
There is no crime in buying refurbished phones after all the UK USED gadgets that have taken over the streets are all refurbished phones. Although there are some risks when it comes to buying refurbished electronics, there's no reason to be put off just by the label "reburbished." Buying refurbished can land you an incredible deal. Just buy it from the manufacturer or reputable dealer and with a long warranty to cover any problems and enjoy your savings.
thanks bro really appreciate, but I wanna buy from someone on jiji so I dnt knw if I should go ahead, what do you think?
Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Refurbished Phone? by HolyTitus(m): 7:55pm On Feb 08, 2019
Search for ''Metrosmyth gadgets'' on Facebook. Thank me later
Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Refurbished Phone? by nonny1212: 7:58pm On Feb 08, 2019
ksly24:
dont buy if u know it is refurbished. i had issues on that earlier this year when i wanted to get a dous s7 edge. it took alot of sweat to get the direct original and am enjoying it. i won't advise u go for refurbished as there must be unforeseen problems.
Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Refurbished Phone? by papadoculus(m): 9:22pm On Feb 08, 2019
ksly24:

dont buy refurbish, come amd buy brand new i'm giving you with 24 months warranty. with full manufacturer accesories for as low as 150k
Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Refurbished Phone? by thowbie7ven(m): 9:33pm On Feb 08, 2019
ksly24:
thanks bro really appreciate, but I wanna buy from someone on jiji so I dnt knw if I should go ahead, what do you think?
Questions are....is he a reputable seller? does he have a physical shop/office? you have to be very careful when buy stuffs online especially from just anyone especially when you're getting stuffs that aren't "tear rubber"...if i were you, I'll find out where the sellers office/outlet is...atleast I'll be able to return perhaps if the phone develops a fault...also, make sure you take your time in assessing the phone to your satisfaction...ask questions if you ain't clear after all, it's your money!...test the camera, flashlight, the speaker(s), try and make a call with the phone, check the network signal strength, the battery etc. Make sure you're satisfied with checking all these and don't let anyone hasten you into making decisions you'll end up regretting...PEACE

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Refurbished Phone? by ksly24(m): 10:11pm On Feb 08, 2019
thowbie7ven:
Questions are....is he a reputable seller? does he have a physical shop/office? you have to be very careful when buy stuffs online especially from just anyone especially when you're getting stuffs that aren't "tear rubber"...if i were you, I'll find out where the sellers office/outlet is...atleast I'll be able to return perhaps if the phone develops a fault...also, make sure you take your time in assessing the phone to your satisfaction...ask questions if you ain't clear after all, it's your money!...test the camera, flashlight, the speaker(s), try and make a call with the phone, check the network signal strength, the battery etc. Make sure you're satisfied with checking all these and don't let anyone hasten you into making decisions you'll end up regretting...PEACE
thank you, I'll do that
Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Refurbished Phone? by 11Anonymous(m): 10:22pm On Feb 08, 2019
Refurbished phones are phones that were taken back to the manufacturer for repairs because of one fault or another.
It's not bad to buy them. But you may be unlucky if the same fault or another one develops. The probability of a refurbished phone being faulty again is low though. You can't really tell.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Refurbished Phone? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Feb 09, 2019
Honestly in my own opinion and from experience I would recommend that you DO NOT BUY refurbished phones, most of these things don't even take a while before you notice one problem or another with the phone, and repairs are hard to make due to major working found on the phone.. But you can buy UK used or fairly used phone.. The best option tho is saving money to get a good NEW device, than getting one that'll be giving you headache every time
Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Refurbished Phone? by ksly24(m): 2:56pm On Feb 09, 2019
Debramaye:
Honestly in my own opinion and from experience I would recommend that you DO NOT BUY refurbished phones, most of these things don't even take a while before you notice one problem or another with the phone, and repairs are hard to make due to major working found on the phone.. But you can buy UK used or fairly used phone.. The best option tho is saving money to get a good NEW device, than getting one that'll be giving you headache every time
thank you, really appreciate it

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Refurbished Phone? by ksly24(m): 2:57pm On Feb 09, 2019
Debramaye:
thank you, really gratefull
Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Refurbished Phone? by ksly24(m): 2:58pm On Feb 09, 2019
11Anonymous:
Refurbished phones are phones that were taken back to the manufacturer for repairs because of one fault or another.
It's not bad to buy them. But you may be unlucky if the same fault or another one develops. The probability of a refurbished phone being faulty again is low though. You can't really tell.
thanks bro
Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Refurbished Phone? by ksly24(m): 3:02pm On Feb 09, 2019
HolyTitus:
Search for ''Metrosmyth gadgets'' on Facebook. Thank me later
thanks bro I'll do that
Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Refurbished Phone? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Feb 09, 2019
ksly24:
thank you, really gratefull
you're welcome
Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Refurbished Phone? by Amyleah: 12:44pm On Mar 08, 2019
Yes, it is totally worth to shop a refurbished phone. Refurb phones are company repaired phones. They have been tested and repaired by professional hands. I too using a refurbished iPhone 7 Plus. and for your reference, I am sharing some sites from where you can order a good quality refurbished phone of your choice.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/

https://www.alphasmartphones.co.uk/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/
Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Refurbished Phone? by birkdas: 6:37am On Mar 12, 2022
Hi fam. Who are the best certified resellers I can buy refurbished phones in bulk? I found carlcare but it seems they are only buyers and not selles. Thanks for the support

(1) (Reply)

Huawei Phones With Glo 4G -(band 28) / Tecno Camon 12 Air / Let Discuss Gameloft Games For Android Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.