Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Judge Asks Doctors To Damage Criminal's Spine - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Judge Asks Doctors To Damage Criminal's Spine (1059 Views)

US Gay Marriage: Robert Mugabe Asks Obama's Hand In Marriage / Xenophobia: International Criminal Court To Probe Zuma, Zulu King / Robert Mugabe - Nigerian Witch Doctors Planned To Kill Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Judge Asks Doctors To Damage Criminal's Spine by AloyEmeka5: 1:41am On Aug 22, 2010
Judge Asks Doctors To Damage Criminal's Spine
Friday, August 20 04:40 pm
(c) Sky News 2010

A Saudi judge has asked several hospitals if they are willing to damage a man's spinal cord as punishment for a cleaver attack that left a 22-year-old paralysed. Skip related content
[img]http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/ne/skynews/20100820/16/1157909711-judge-asks-doctors-damage-criminal-s-spine.jpg?x=310&y=231&q=75&wc=321&hc=240&xc=40&yc=1&sig=xFhE4YlzcTcRayc8cZhAYw--#310,231[/img]

The victim, Abdul-Aziz al Mutairi, became paralysed and subsequently lost a foot after a fight more than two years ago.

An unnamed man was sentenced to 14 months in prison for the assault, but released after serving only half that time.

The shortened jail time has reportedly enraged Mr Mutairi's family.

His 27-year-old brother Khaled said they want an equivalent punishment for the attacker and have appealed to a judge in northwestern Tabuk province.

"We are asking for our legal right under Islamic law," the brother said.

"There is no better word than God's word - an eye for an eye."

The judge has since asked several hospitals if medical paralysis was possible and would they perform the operation.

Local newspapers reported a facility in the capital Riyadh had declined, saying it could not inflict such harm.

Saudi Arabia enforces strict Islamic law and occasionally hands out punishments based on the ancient legal code.

Amnesty International has expressed concerns over the reports and said it was contacting Saudi authorities for details.

"We are very concerned and we will appeal to the authorities not to carry out such a punishment," said Lamri Chirouf, the group's researcher on Saudi Arabia.

He added this was the first time Amnesty had heard of a punishment involving the damaging of a spinal cord.

"It's hard to follow details of the Saudi justice system. People are sentenced in closed trials with no access to the public and no lawyers."

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20100820/twl-judge-asks-doctors-to-damage-crimina-3fd0ae9.html
Re: Judge Asks Doctors To Damage Criminal's Spine by ElRazur: 9:58am On Aug 22, 2010
I read the news this morning, and I think it is just sickening. The idea of an-eye-for-an-eye is clearly a flawed logic in this approach. Gosh. Once again, the religion of peace, that is purported to be perfect has been shown to have flaws. Jesus wept (Muhammed laughs).
Re: Judge Asks Doctors To Damage Criminal's Spine by vedaxcool(m): 9:42am On Aug 24, 2010
This seems to be a problem peculiar to Saudi

ElRazur:

I read the news this morning, and I think it is just sickening. The idea of an-eye-for-an-eye is clearly a flawed logic in this approach. Gosh. Once again, the religion of peace, that is purported to be perfect has been shown to have flaws. Jesus wept (Muhammed laughs).

So as the religion of forgiveness

. . . and SLAY1 them before me."

(HOLY BIBLE) Luke 19:27

"Think NOT that I am come to send PEACE on earth; I. came NOT to send PEACE, but a SWORD."

(HOLY BIBLE) Matthew 10:34

"I am come to send FIRE on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?
Suppose ye that I am come to give PEACE on earth? I tell you, NAY; but rather DIVISION."

(HOLY BIBLE) Luke 12:49 & 51
". . . Master, shall we smite them with the sword?"

(HOLY BIBLE) Luke 22:49----> WHICH HE DID CAUSING ONE OF THE GUARDS TO LOSE HIS EARS.
Re: Judge Asks Doctors To Damage Criminal's Spine by ElRazur: 9:45am On Aug 24, 2010
Vexdacool.

You really are a joke.

Here is what Muslims like your type do. Once Islam is the spot light over some backward behaviour, people like you are quick to drag other religion into it.

Can you no debate without doing this?

For the record, I am not a Christian and do not condone any of those behaviour.
Re: Judge Asks Doctors To Damage Criminal's Spine by vedaxcool(m): 1:02pm On Aug 24, 2010
ElRazur:

Vexdacool.

You really are a joke. No you are

Here is what Muslims like your type do. Once Islam is the spot light over some backward behaviour, people like you are quick to drag other religion into it. --->this is what people like you do once a Muslim domited country is involbed you drag Islam which is a myopic behavior worthy of dregs of the Lowest order.

Can you no debate without doing this? ----> can You make a point without resulting to such dregish behavior

For the record, I am not a Christian and do not condone any of those behaviour.--------> already noted before hand, so keep deluding yourself of your fair mindedness when in fact you only pay lip service to what you write
Re: Judge Asks Doctors To Damage Criminal's Spine by ElRazur: 1:21pm On Aug 24, 2010
I am not a Christian, it is your problem if you do not believe me, not mine.

I do however have plenty respect for traditional religion. Mind you, I said respect. smiley
Re: Judge Asks Doctors To Damage Criminal's Spine by vedaxcool(m): 2:17pm On Aug 24, 2010
ElRazur:

I am not a Christian, it is your problem if you do not believe me, not mine.

I do however have plenty respect for traditional religion. Mind you, I said respect. smiley

Where did I indicate that I do not believe that you are not a christian what you are saying? beats me, as you first post on the topic showed you brought religion into the discussion only to turn around and say I brought religion in response to your post now that is so low.
Re: Judge Asks Doctors To Damage Criminal's Spine by ElRazur: 7:30am On Aug 27, 2010
vedaxcool:

Where did I indicate that I do not believe that you are not a christian what you are saying? beats me, as you first post on the topic showed you brought religion into the discussion only to turn around and say I brought religion in response to your post now that is so low.

It is called a pre-empt strike and covering all ground so as to give you little or no room for manoeuvre. As it stand, prior to when I made my original post, you posted in two or three threads that you did nothing but defended Islam and attack anyone who says anything remotely against your view.

Anyway, the fact remains, the only reason this type of judgement is being sort is nothing but as a result of Sharia law as influenced by Islam.  No?
Re: Judge Asks Doctors To Damage Criminal's Spine by vedaxcool(m): 7:54am On Sep 03, 2010
I do not join Issues with red eyed Hypocrits. cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Judge Asks Doctors To Damage Criminal's Spine by shotster50(m): 12:52am On Sep 06, 2010
@ Vedaxcool ,  now thats a cop out in my book,
Re: Judge Asks Doctors To Damage Criminal's Spine by vedaxcool(m): 10:23pm On Sep 09, 2010
shotster50:

@ Vedaxcool ,  now thats a cop out in my book,

Really? cool cool cool cool
Re: Judge Asks Doctors To Damage Criminal's Spine by shotster50(m): 10:48pm On Sep 09, 2010
Yes and you know it!

(1) (Reply)

Inside Story On Gaddafi Leaked Webcam Video From Bunker / Teenager Faces Up To 8 Years In Prison For Facebook Comment / ISIS Now Has Its Hands On Chemical Weapons.. We Are In BIG TROUBLE !!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.