Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,954 members, 7,828,357 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

In Nigeria Fans Don’t Expect Celebrities To Be Rich- Erica Nlewedim - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / In Nigeria Fans Don’t Expect Celebrities To Be Rich- Erica Nlewedim (776 Views)

Cardi B Reacts As Erica Nlewedim Recreates 'Invasion Of Privacy' Cover (Pix) / Erica Nlewedim Reunites With Father. He Calls Her Most Beautiful Girl In Africa / Increase Police Salary - Erica Nlewedim Tells FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

In Nigeria Fans Don’t Expect Celebrities To Be Rich- Erica Nlewedim by splendid22(m): 9:31am On Feb 09, 2019
Erica Nlewedim’s beauty is undeniable. That is probably the first thing you notice about her. Her childlike innocence and amiable persona wins you over immediately you meet her.

In this chat with TheNewsGuru, the rising actress and model tells the compelling tale of how she fell in love with modelling and acting.

Have you always wanted to be an actress?

Yes I have always wanted to be a model and an actress and I’m glad I’m living my dreams

What was your first one screen experience like?

My first on screen experience was a TV commercial for Airtel. I played the role of a reporter! I loved it and I couldn’t wait to act in a proper movie or series .My first acting job was in a series called ‘Secrets and scandals’ produced by Elvis chucks. I was so excited! I know I did a great job because I was told I increased the ratings.

What is that one thing you don't like about Nollywood?
One thing I don’t like about Nollywood at the moment is that we don’t have enough money in the industry compared to other developing and developed countries. If we get enough funding from the Federal government, the quality of movies will improve, the pay will be more and our celebrities will be as rich as our counterparts in developed countries. Here if a celebrity buys a house the fans start to spread rumours that it is ill gotten money, they don’t expect our celebrities to be rich.

https://www.thenewsguru.com/entertainment/article/nigerian-fans-dont-expect-celebrities-rich-erica-nlewedim/

Re: In Nigeria Fans Don’t Expect Celebrities To Be Rich- Erica Nlewedim by Tonmiwatimmy: 9:35am On Feb 09, 2019
Your Father.........
Re: In Nigeria Fans Don’t Expect Celebrities To Be Rich- Erica Nlewedim by Thales01: 10:08am On Feb 09, 2019
Her statement is almost exclusively applicable to the Nollywood industry because the term "celebrities"encompasses those in the music and comedy industry also.
Like she rightly said,There is lack of funding which she adduced as the reason for the poor quality of movie.But it think the reverse is the case.The dismal quality of Nigerian movies are what is responsible for poor funding.It is a known fact that most of the Nigerian movies are bereft of substance.That is why they experience low patronage from Nigerians.(It will be foolhardy for any organization to invest in a dwindling industry beset by complacency).Which means Nollywood is no longer lucrative.Therefore it would look absurd when an actor or an actress without any other verifiable source of income exhibit a flamboyant lifestyle.

(1) (Reply)

This Must Be A Corper's Work / OMG! Another Ritualist Den Found In Ibadan, Lots Of Pants Discovered / Shoki Shitta: Police Arrest Baruwa Eleniyan Obtain Message Between Him & Wizkid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.