Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

CANADA Needs Nurses: Why Nigerians Need To Study Nursing In Canada. - Educational Services - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Educational Services / CANADA Needs Nurses: Why Nigerians Need To Study Nursing In Canada. (5685 Views)

Do You Want To Study Abroad? / Do You Want To Study And Work In Canada? / I Want To Study In Canada (requirements) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CANADA Needs Nurses: Why Nigerians Need To Study Nursing In Canada. by femilek8(m): 1:07pm On Feb 12, 2019
https://www.valuemedic.com.ng/2019/02/11/canada-needs-nurses-why-nigerians-need-to-study-nursing-in-canada/

According to the Canadian Nurses Association (CNA), Canada is on track to have a shortage of 60,000 nurses by the year 2022. Several decades of budget cuts, combined with a failure of nursing employment to keep up with hospital demand has put Canada in the dangerous position of experiencing a severe lack of nursing professionals. A shortage of nurses could result in a lack of quality in Canadian healthcare services, unless action is taken to increase the number of nurses.

One strategy identified for addressing the shortage in nurses is through immigration. By bringing foreign nurses to Canada, the country will be able to improve health services for all Canadians. There are a range of immigration programs available to overseas nurses who want to come to Canada and launch their careers in healthcare!

Canada offers a Nursing programme that can train excellent future nurses at an affordable price of tuition. Throughout your education, you will be able to learn all the skills necessary for every nurse. You will have access to the best professors, new and upgraded labs, and unique learning opportunities.

The Nursing Programme is built with efficiency in mind. The knowledge provided to students is organised in a logical order (from simple to more complex), new skills are taught on the basis of previously learned knowledge. Each student has an opportunity to learn at their own pace.

The Nursing programme in Canada offers a wide variety of exciting and unique clinical opportunities at different hospitals, clinics and care facilities.

During the four-year undergraduate programme, future nurses will be able to take in knowledge and skills that will allow them to face everyday challenges. They will be able to contribute their expertise to the development of a healthy community.

Other Reasons To Study Nursing in Canada
Canada wants students because Canada is all about nation-building. Young, intelligent newcomers who have proven they have the credentials and means to assimilate are a big part of that. In short, Canada wants students to come here, study, contribute socially and economically, and stay permanently. Here are some of the benefits you enjoy when you study in Canada:

Affordable Fees: Canada is often the preferred choice for students who may also have the option of studying in countries such as the United States or United Kingdom because of the lower tuition costs. Compared to other countries, Canadian international tuition fees, accommodation and other living expenses remain competitive.

Work & Study Option: [/b]Students in Canada have the advantage of being able to work while studying. Among other benefits, this allows them to manage their finances without incurring enormous debt.

[b]Family Relocation: [/b]One of the greatest benefits for international students in Canada is that they are eligible to bring their families with them. While in Canada, your spouse would be eligible for an open work permit. So while you’re studying, he or she can work full- or part-time for any employer in Canada. International students are also eligible to bring their dependent children with them while they study as well.

[b]Possibility to work in Canada after graduation and get PR:
International students who have graduated from a Canadian university or college have the opportunity to work in Canada after they receive their degree or diploma. International students can work on campus also during their studies. Most of the students are interested in working with Canadian companies for their better future. After gaining work experience, one can apply for PR to become Canadian citizen.

Re: CANADA Needs Nurses: Why Nigerians Need To Study Nursing In Canada. by dora7891(f): 10:09am On Sep 07, 2019
I am a newly RN, final year student in Nigeria what are my chances of securing a job in canada and how do i go about it pls?
Re: CANADA Needs Nurses: Why Nigerians Need To Study Nursing In Canada. by olalekan9320(m): 10:53am On Sep 07, 2019
dora7891:
I am a newly RN, final year student in Nigeria what are my chances of securing a job in canada and how do i go about it pls?
Let me deviate first, a graduate of nursing can immigrate to UK, you just need to write IELTS and everything will fall in place, within 6 months or at most I year, you're already working in a UK hospital

Now back to the question the only way you can immigrate to canada is by express entry and when you get there you face some licensing exam or through study route
I also plan to immigrate to canada and probably study nursing
Re: CANADA Needs Nurses: Why Nigerians Need To Study Nursing In Canada. by dora7891(f): 12:11pm On Sep 07, 2019
olalekan9320:

Let me deviate first, a graduate of nursing can immigrate to UK, you just need to write IELTS and everything will fall in place, within 6 months or at most I year, you're already working in a UK hospital

Now back to the question the only way you can immigrate to canada is by express entry and when you get there you face some licensing exam or through study route

Thanks but it seems i may have to do my internship and NYSC first. I've also heard i need to do NCLEX
Re: CANADA Needs Nurses: Why Nigerians Need To Study Nursing In Canada. by northvietnam(m): 6:35am On Nov 08, 2019
olalekan9320:

Good morning... please do you know one what any quality and affordable institution in Canada one can enrol from naija to study nursing ...
Re: CANADA Needs Nurses: Why Nigerians Need To Study Nursing In Canada. by olalekan9320(m): 8:41pm On Nov 09, 2019
northvietnam:

Good morning... please do you know one what any quality and affordable institution in Canada one can enrol from naija to study nursing ...

I'm not sure international students can enrol into courses like nursing, you can check or ask on Canada students thread in the travel section
Re: CANADA Needs Nurses: Why Nigerians Need To Study Nursing In Canada. by Victor8st: 4:29pm On May 26, 2020
Tenzilla:
Since the Nigeria doesn’t have a developed health industry, future students who want to be implied in medicine have to look for some scholarship abroad. Canada is a fantastic choice because it is one of the most developed country in the world with a blooming economy and health care system. I wish all the students who are interested in the program to have the necessary requirements like a high GPA, a great motivational letter and only A and B grades. In case you have a good GPA and grades, but you are stuck on your motivational letter, you can always buy nursing essays online. It is a little bit of cheating, but have you ever seen a skilled surgeon who can write texts? He can operate, but not write novels. After you will pass the enrollment process, fly to Canada and get the proper knowledge. Then your studies will be completed come back to your home country. Your knowledge acquired in Canada will catalyze the development of medical industry in Nigeria.
My sister (who is studying nursery) will appreciate this service! Thanks!
Re: CANADA Needs Nurses: Why Nigerians Need To Study Nursing In Canada. by Elofuna(m): 10:23am On Jul 02, 2021
Can I apply for postgraduate diploma in nursing in Canada without any science background
Re: CANADA Needs Nurses: Why Nigerians Need To Study Nursing In Canada. by essentialone(m): 1:43pm On Jun 15, 2022
Please which universities in Canada is open for applications to BSc in Nursing as at today being 15th June, 2022?

(1) (Reply)

2012/2013 Admissions Into Universities In Ghana: +233203235515 And +233572351264 / Bayelsa State Scholarship To Study Abroad 2013-14 / Electrical Electronics Engineering Project Topics And Complete Materials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.