Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

A Nairalander's Trip To Ikuru Atlantic Beach, Andoni, Rivers State - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Nairalander's Trip To Ikuru Atlantic Beach, Andoni, Rivers State (1919 Views)

A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers / A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) / A Nairalander's Trip To London, Abu Dhabi & Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander's Trip To Ikuru Atlantic Beach, Andoni, Rivers State by zillonnair(m): 3:59pm On Feb 12, 2019
So we heard of the Ikuru Atlantic beach which is the longest white Sand beach in West Africa, located in Andoni LGA in Rivers State. I rallied my friends in Port Harcourt, Abuja, Enugu and Lagos and we began planning the trip.

We fixed the 9th - 10th February for the event! Which will be not only to visit the beach, but experience the community and also camp within the community.

Everyone tried to discourage us, many cited security concerns. We were persistent, it is not the first time, we have always known Nigerians to be skeptical of the outdoors, however, we do take our security seriously. So lucky for us, we engaged the Navy in Ikuru town to provide security cover, which they obliged.

We met with the paramount to ruler of Ikuru, King Ikuru himself, a very brilliant and intelligent man, educated and excited about our visit. He spoke alot about nature, wildlife and forestation. The king and his vice are very knowledgeable about wildlife and nature preservation.

The community has white tusk special elephant, native only to Andoni in the whole of Africa.

They also have Anacondas. Sadly one just died, caused by bush fire; one still exist. They also have lots of pythons and alligators. The forest is also home to the Dukier (antelope with twisted horn) which is now extinct. There are still other antelopes in the community. It's a community rich with tourism potential for a safari. The number of elephants within the forest is estimated to be about 49.

One thing struck a chord on our minds, upon arriving at the community. You will find its very organized, with elections conducted into various positions within the community. You will also notice modern infrastructure and very friendly people.

We also met with the new Youth chairman, CSO of the community, Youth Sport Chairman and corp members deployed to Ikuru Town.

After all our meetings, decided to camp at their Community Secondary school football feed...more info...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To Ikuru Atlantic Beach, Andoni, Rivers State by ebujany(m): 4:32pm On Feb 12, 2019
Beautiful andoni

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To Ikuru Atlantic Beach, Andoni, Rivers State by zillonnair(m): 4:33pm On Feb 12, 2019
Like i mentioned, we camped at the Ikuru Community Secondary School .

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To Ikuru Atlantic Beach, Andoni, Rivers State by zillonnair(m): 4:47pm On Feb 12, 2019
Community view

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To Ikuru Atlantic Beach, Andoni, Rivers State by Teewhy2: 5:02pm On Feb 12, 2019
good one, no be until you travel outside the country before you enjoy vacation.
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To Ikuru Atlantic Beach, Andoni, Rivers State by Princesskitana: 7:08pm On Feb 12, 2019
It was indeed an amazing and edifying experience. Beach, nature/wildlife all here in our very own Nigeria. Look no further, before you dole out that jaw dropping amount for an international vacay, why not give Nigerian tourism a boost
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To Ikuru Atlantic Beach, Andoni, Rivers State by okwabayi(m): 8:35pm On Feb 12, 2019
That was nice.
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To Ikuru Atlantic Beach, Andoni, Rivers State by Cynosure1402: 9:40am On Feb 13, 2019
The most therapeutic adventures can only be experienced by exploring the nature/wildlife that surrounds you.
Definitely a trip i wouldn't like to miss when next the opportunity comes up.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To Ikuru Atlantic Beach, Andoni, Rivers State by leksymaxy(m): 11:07am On Feb 13, 2019
Op, abeg next time you are going, pls inform me, i will like to participate too. My number is 08105543265. Pls i l like this kind of things

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To Ikuru Atlantic Beach, Andoni, Rivers State by TheProf7: 11:41am On Feb 13, 2019
I get lost in the wild to find my soul... Nigeria is blessed with immense tourism potentials, if we don't support and develop our own, who would... Don't find fault, find a remedy... Let us make a delibrate effort to add value and show the world what we have...

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To Ikuru Atlantic Beach, Andoni, Rivers State by TheProf7: 11:55am On Feb 13, 2019
To be one with nature is true bliss

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To Ikuru Atlantic Beach, Andoni, Rivers State by otokx(m): 6:44pm On Feb 13, 2019
Nice
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To Ikuru Atlantic Beach, Andoni, Rivers State by gametalk: 8:48pm On Feb 13, 2019
Nice one.... I dey feel you guys!
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To Ikuru Atlantic Beach, Andoni, Rivers State by MissAma(f): 9:45am On Feb 15, 2019
This sure looks like an awesome experience! I never knew Rivers community has this to offer,Elephants and anaconda! Thats impressive,i felt it was only in SA you could get such wild life,good job.When next you planning another adventure to any other exotic natural sites in Nigeria Biko let us know!
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To Ikuru Atlantic Beach, Andoni, Rivers State by nesphil(m): 10:10pm On Feb 18, 2023
lbeno Beach in Akwa Ibom State is the longest sand beach on the West African Atlantic Coast.

zillonnair:
So we heard of the Ikuru Atlantic beach which is the longest white Sand beach in West Africa, located in Andoni LGA in Rivers State. I rallied my friends in Port Harcourt, Abuja, Enugu and Lagos and we began planning the trip.

We fixed the 9th - 10th February for the event! Which will be not only to visit the beach, but experience the community and also camp within the community.

Everyone tried to discourage us, many cited security concerns. We were persistent, it is not the first time, we have always known Nigerians to be skeptical of the outdoors, however, we do take our security seriously. So lucky for us, we engaged the Navy in Ikuru town to provide security cover, which they obliged.

We met with the paramount to ruler of Ikuru, King Ikuru himself, a very brilliant and intelligent man, educated and excited about our visit. He spoke alot about nature, wildlife and forestation. The king and his vice are very knowledgeable about wildlife and nature preservation.

The community has white tusk special elephant, native only to Andoni in the whole of Africa.

They also have Anacondas. Sadly one just died, caused by bush fire; one still exist. They also have lots of pythons and alligators. The forest is also home to the Dukier (antelope with twisted horn) which is now extinct. There are still other antelopes in the community. It's a community rich with tourism potential for a safari. The number of elephants within the forest is estimated to be about 49.

One thing struck a chord on our minds, upon arriving at the community. You will find its very organized, with elections conducted into various positions within the community. You will also notice modern infrastructure and very friendly people.

We also met with the new Youth chairman, CSO of the community, Youth Sport Chairman and corp members deployed to Ikuru Town.

After all our meetings, decided to camp at their Community Secondary school football feed...more info...

(1) (Reply)

Elderly Woman Manhandled At The Nigerian Embassy In Italy (Pics) / U.s.a, Canada, Uk Visa Lottery / How Do I Get To Calabar From Kogi?! Best Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.