Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,681 members, 7,854,869 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 09:07 AM

God Is Interested In Your Name - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Is Interested In Your Name (341 Views)

Is God Is Interested In Government And Politics. / Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' / Why God Is Interested In Us By Paul Adefarasin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Is Interested In Your Name by dazzyseld: 4:52pm On Feb 12, 2019
God is interested in your name because that is the capital access He has into your future. The name of every man reveals who the man is. God plans our lives through our names.

God secures men’s future through rightful covenant names. It is a miracle for a child to be named correctly.

When the kindred people of Zacharias wanted to destroy John’s destiny by calling him Zacharias, God intervened through Elizabeth and Zacharias her husband. If there is not power in a name, why did the tongue of Zacharias loose the moment he wrote the name of John? I think one of the reasons why God tied the tongue of Zacharias was to make sure that John was named correctly.

However, it will take revelation and sometimes divine inspiration for people to be named correctly. The cheapest way to ruin the destiny of a particular child is by calling the child a name that will disconnect him from his future.

Read more: https://dazzyseld..com/2019/02/god-is-interested-in-your-name.html
Re: God Is Interested In Your Name by TheRevivalist(m): 5:09pm On Feb 12, 2019
well done brother, but please I want to ask if it is right for a child to bear his/her mother's surname because the dad didn't pay for her bride price or perform the correct marital rights on her?.
Re: God Is Interested In Your Name by Nobody: 1:32pm On Feb 14, 2019
Interesting topic.
I see what you are saying.
I am a believer in the importance of names.
I think much prayer & thought should go into the final
decision.
We see how God views the importance with at least (2) very prominent
biblical figures: He changed Abram..to Abraham and Jacob...to Israel.
However, a child has no choice on his birth name.
He/she may not want to change his/her name when able to either.
The parents may not see the significance of names or even be
religiously inclined...
They just may "like" a name...and not even know that they placed a spiritual significance (either in a positive or negative way) on the child.
So does that forfeit a person's destiny though who doesn't exactly have a "spiritually-based" name?
I'm not sure that is the case.
We should emphasize that God can bless a person (regardless of his name is Judas, or her name Rahab or his name Adolph, or her name Delilah etc.).
It is awesome, though, to see a person's "life-calling" reflect his/her name. It's a beautiful thing for sure.
Re: God Is Interested In Your Name by alfaman3: 1:35pm On Feb 14, 2019
Lucifer is great name.

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Raise Godly Children ? / Why Do Nigerians Only Renders Help To A Dying Person? / What Has Jesus Done For You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.