Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,289 members, 7,836,275 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

War Against Content Theft: Nigerian Bloggers Are Now Disabling The Copy Feature - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / War Against Content Theft: Nigerian Bloggers Are Now Disabling The Copy Feature (987 Views)

Are Nigerian Bloggers Expected To Pay Tax? / Why Is Adsense The Only Revenue Model For Nigerian Bloggers? / Top 5 Things Nigerian Bloggers Shouldn't Bring To 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

War Against Content Theft: Nigerian Bloggers Are Now Disabling The Copy Feature by Premiumwriter: 7:12pm On Feb 12, 2019
so recently i've been observing a trend on nigerian blogs i came across while researching to write content for my clients.

most have disabled the right-click button on their website so no one can copy their content.
Re: War Against Content Theft: Nigerian Bloggers Are Now Disabling The Copy Feature by HeWrites(m): 8:00pm On Feb 12, 2019
Premiumwriter:
so recently i've been observing a trend on nigerian blogs i came across while researching to write content for my clients.

most have disabled the right-click button on their website so no one can copy their content.

Useless if I can still copy with Opera
Re: War Against Content Theft: Nigerian Bloggers Are Now Disabling The Copy Feature by Ayemileto(m): 1:49am On Feb 13, 2019
Premiumwriter:

LOL.

Just disable JavaScript in your browser and you're good to go.

I personally hate websites that disable right clicking.

N/B: I currently don't own a functioning blog and don't copy contents. I usually use right click to open links in new tab especially, stories I intend to read later.
Re: War Against Content Theft: Nigerian Bloggers Are Now Disabling The Copy Feature by Ayemileto(m): 1:51am On Feb 13, 2019
You can disable JavaScript for only that website.

JavaScript will work on other websites but won't work on that.

Also note that you have to disable JavaScript before loading/ Re loading the page.
Re: War Against Content Theft: Nigerian Bloggers Are Now Disabling The Copy Feature by Greatzeus(m): 5:47pm On Feb 13, 2019
Premiumwriter:

Hello Bros,I want to ask a question about original contents. I was made to know there is a way google detects if a post is copied.
Now if I am writing about a topic and I use information from sites like Wikipedia and other sites in the writing,is it still copying?
Or does original content means I have to come up with everything from my head?
Re: War Against Content Theft: Nigerian Bloggers Are Now Disabling The Copy Feature by Premiumwriter: 5:59pm On Feb 13, 2019
Greatzeus:

Hello Bros,I want to ask a question about original contents. I was made to know there is a way google detects if a post is copied.
Now if I am writing about a topic and I use information from sites like Wikipedia and other sites in the writing,is it still copying?
Or does original content means I have to come up with everything from my head?
sure google can detect if your content is copied.

to come up with an original content however does not mean that you must come up with a unique idea. it simply means that you should express an idea in your own words and sentences and not just going to somebody's blog and right-clicking and then paste on your own blog. thats content theft.
Re: War Against Content Theft: Nigerian Bloggers Are Now Disabling The Copy Feature by Premiumwriter: 6:01pm On Feb 13, 2019
haven't thought about the javascript though but i aslso finds it very annoying cos i like saving pages to read them later also
Ayemileto:

LOL.

Just disable JavaScript in your browser and you're good to go.

I personally hate websites that disable right clicking.

N/B: I currently don't own a functioning blog and don't copy contents. I usually use right click to open links in new tab especially, stories I intend to read later.

Re: War Against Content Theft: Nigerian Bloggers Are Now Disabling The Copy Feature by Premiumwriter: 6:02pm On Feb 13, 2019
great, how do i do that on chrome?
Ayemileto:
You can disable JavaScript for only that website.

JavaScript will work on other websites but won't work on that.

Also note that you have to disable JavaScript before loading/ Re loading the page.
Re: War Against Content Theft: Nigerian Bloggers Are Now Disabling The Copy Feature by Premiumwriter: 6:03pm On Feb 13, 2019
opera mini browser no dey obey rules and regulations grin grin
HeWrites:

Useless if I can still copy with Opera
Re: War Against Content Theft: Nigerian Bloggers Are Now Disabling The Copy Feature by HeWrites(m): 6:11pm On Feb 13, 2019
Premiumwriter:
opera mini browser no dey obey rules and regulations grin grin

Na so.. grin
Re: War Against Content Theft: Nigerian Bloggers Are Now Disabling The Copy Feature by Greatzeus(m): 6:43pm On Feb 13, 2019
Premiumwriter:
sure google can detect if your content is copied.

to come up with an original content however does not mean that you must come up with a unique idea. it simply means that you should express an idea in your own words and sentences and not just going to somebody's blog and right-clicking and then paste on your own blog. thats content theft.
Ok thanks

(1) (Reply)

I Can Integrate Any API Or Fix Any Issue In Your Php Script And Its Frameworks / Get 5 Free Web Hosting Packages / 6 Of The Numerous Ways To Make Money Blogging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.