Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,930 members, 7,828,241 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China (49212 Views)

20 Countries Most In Debt To China / Countries With The Highest Number Of Millionaires In Africa In 2023 / USD TRANSFER WORLDWIDE, RMB to CHINA! Order on 1688, taobao, eBay & shipping (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by oliverano: 3:56pm On Feb 13, 2019
Why is Nigeria here, I thought Dasuki and co returned billions of dollars to the Buhari led government. SMH!!!
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by mankand(m): 3:57pm On Feb 13, 2019
No Europe all Africa. Shame on African leaders, Che guevera will be turning over in his grave on the morons he sacrificed his life and freedom for
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by nograv: 4:00pm On Feb 13, 2019
How can Nigeria a country thats earns 10s of billions a year from oil sales be in debt at all?
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by Just2endowed2(m): 4:02pm On Feb 13, 2019
Esseite:
Nigeria owes China $4.8bn, meanwhile total investment inflow into Nigeria in 2018 excluding Treasury bills and bonds sales which is debt is $4.7bn.

Moreover this is excluding the $10.5bn borrowed via treasury bill/bonds sales, which would be paid with interest at 10% interest rate on maturity.

Are you moving forward or backward?...

whats your take?
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by symbianDON(m): 4:05pm On Feb 13, 2019
Esseite:
Nigeria owes China $4.8bn, meanwhile total investment inflow into Nigeria in 2018 excluding Treasury bills and bonds sales which is debt is $4.7bn.

Moreover this is excluding the $10.5bn borrowed via treasury bill/bonds sales, which would be paid with interest at 10% interest rate on maturity.

Are you moving forward or backward?...
grin grin we are moving sideways
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by Ugosample(m): 4:14pm On Feb 13, 2019
themosthigh:
I know that in a few years time, most of Africa will be a barren indebted wasteland. Our leaders know this and just collect money from anyone knowing fully well that they can’t pay back. They use this money to invest abroad, send their children there to become citizens while other people’s kids remain in Nigeria. Most children of are leaders have dual citizenships. Most have houses in rich countries. If you can, migrate now or you will be one of those who will be suffering in the future.

that's what I have been saying

Africa going down this trajectory will be in serious crisis in the coming decades
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by access081: 4:14pm On Feb 13, 2019
This one no be dept nah, only few Nigerian politicians can pay the money for us

1 Like

Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by Ogaga87(m): 4:21pm On Feb 13, 2019
enemyofprogress:
Thank God Nigeria is not one of them

Take pepper clean your eyes and you will find Naija on number 8
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by AngelicBeing: 4:24pm On Feb 13, 2019
MrRichmond:
The white have colonized us, now it's time for the Asians.

The same way our ancestors were sold out by their Kings is the same way our politicians are selling us to the Chinese.

In a few years time, half of Africa will be speaking Chinese.

l totally agree with your post, I wonder what is wrong with some African leaders, taking billions of dollars that ends in private pockets, what a shame sad
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by AngelicBeing: 4:26pm On Feb 13, 2019
themosthigh:
I know that in a few years time, most of Africa will be a barren indebted wasteland. Our leaders know this and just collect money from anyone knowing fully well that they can’t pay back. They use this money to invest abroad, send their children there to become citizens while other people’s kids remain in Nigeria. Most children of are leaders have dual citizenships. Most have houses in rich countries. If you can, migrate now or you will be one of those who will be suffering in the future.
Gbam grin
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by Horus(m): 4:26pm On Feb 13, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ_TfIOzNxo

Top 10 African Countries With the Most Chinese Debt
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by obailala(m): 4:29pm On Feb 13, 2019
Fran6ik:
You can see the ethiopias debt in the infrastructures
wise2odd:
the op is trying to justify buhari loan. there is no accountability to buhari loan
cucumbae:
Other African countries uses their debt judiciously but nigerian government uses it debt to fund buhari's campaign.
oliverano:
Why is Nigeria here, I thought Dasuki and co returned billions of dollars to the Buhari led government. SMH!!!
But every single dime of Nigeria's debt from China is also being used for visible and tangible infrastructure. Nigeria's current debt from China is responsible for the Abuja/Lagos/Kano/PH/Enugu airports which are being remodeled, it's also responsible for the Abuja to Kaduna standard gauge rail which is now up and running, it's also responsible for the Lagos - Ibadan standard gauge rail and the 3500mw Mambilla hydro dam.

It's not every time we have to diss our own country, simply because of political leaning, albeit in an uninformed manner. Meanwhile the above projects cut across more than one administration.
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by AngelicBeing: 4:29pm On Feb 13, 2019
Ugosample:

that's what I have been saying

Africa going down this trajectory will be in serious crisis in the coming decades
It is better to auction off Africa to richer western nations because African leaders are bereft of pragmatic ideas to move the continent forward, what a shame grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by Nobody: 4:35pm On Feb 13, 2019
enemyofprogress:
Thank God Nigeria is not one of them
Thank God Nigeria is not one of them? Did you even read the post?
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by Nobody: 4:37pm On Feb 13, 2019
AngelicBeing:
It is better to auction off Africa to richer western nations because African leaders are bereft of pragmatic ideas to move the continent forward, what a shame grin
China is not a Western country
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by frankson1(m): 4:38pm On Feb 13, 2019
stagger:
Angola I can understand. They had a civil war from 1975 to 2003 or thereabout. 28 years civil conflict and the devastation it brings is not a joke.

Sir, it's not about the civil war. If only you know what the western world is using Africans to do..plus corruption that is ingrained in the veins of our leaders.

1 Like

Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by Nobody: 4:41pm On Feb 13, 2019
obailala:

But every single dime of Nigeria's debt from China is also being used for visible and tangible infrastructure. Nigeria's current debt from China is responsible for the Abuja/Lagos/Kano/PH/Enugu airports which are being remodeled, it's also responsible for the Abuja to Kaduna standard gauge rail which is now up and running, it's also responsible for the Lagos - Ibadan standard gauge rail and the 3500mw Mambilla hydro dam.

It's not every time we have to diss our own country, simply because of political leaning, albeit in an uninformed manner. The above projects cut across more than one administration.
Mr Patriot, keep those lies to yourself!
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by objobj: 4:43pm On Feb 13, 2019
itsandi:
I knew Nigeria will be among. Surprised sha that we are not number 1. We try sha.

Your 16 wasteful years
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by Fidelismaria: 4:44pm On Feb 13, 2019
angry angry

Shame shame shame on Africans
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by AngelicBeing: 4:44pm On Feb 13, 2019
justbusy:
China is not a Western country
l know, I was not referring to China but if possible Chinese should buy off Africa because we have useless thieves called leaders in Africa grin
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by obailala(m): 4:46pm On Feb 13, 2019
justbusy:
Mr Patriot, keep those lies to yourself!
*yawns*
If you have access to the internet to type "lies", but can't use that same internet access to independently verify or educate yourself, then it's a pity. Feel free to remain in ignorance.

1 Like

Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by Raph82(m): 4:53pm On Feb 13, 2019
Hmmmm, I am viewing this from a different angle. How did China go about it, that within the shortest possible time, this country transformed from penury into prosperity? I learnt the US is one of their debtors too, with over 1 trillion dollars in debt. Can we just swallow our pride and learn from china? What are they doing differently?
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by j1mmy: 4:56pm On Feb 13, 2019
Africans are monkeys!!!
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by Navalsadiq(m): 4:59pm On Feb 13, 2019
We had 16 years of PDP mismanaging our fund.
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by Fadomero(m): 5:16pm On Feb 13, 2019
no Wonder made in China things just full everywhere.
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by caprini1: 5:17pm On Feb 13, 2019
MrRichmond:

The same way our ancestors were sold out by their Kings is the same way our politicians are selling us to the Chinese.

Mandarin is a subject already in some Ghana schools.
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by BluntBoy(m): 5:22pm On Feb 13, 2019
stagger:
Angola I can understand. They had a civil war from 1975 to 2003 or thereabout. 28 years civil conflict and the devastation it brings is not a joke.

Every country owes debt. Even the United States owes substantial debts to China and Japan.

2 Likes

Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by Mizwisdom(f): 5:24pm On Feb 13, 2019
imitateMe:
I want this country to be recolonized o. E go better be that.

If people like the above get a chance at governing this country we would have all been sold into slavery by now this is why I pray that old people continue to rule as our youths are nothing to write home about sad
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by abbeyty(m): 5:27pm On Feb 13, 2019
No wonder Chinese companies can do and undo in these African countries..........when is any of African countries going to control the Asian or European countries
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by BluntBoy(m): 5:34pm On Feb 13, 2019
nograv:
How can Nigeria a country thats earns 10s of billions a year from oil sales be in debt at all?

The US has the largest debts in the world. Followed by the UK.

1 Like

Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by Waspy(m): 5:47pm On Feb 13, 2019
MrRichmond:

O dikwa serious
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by olmoRoc: 6:00pm On Feb 13, 2019
lastempero:
China and their Greek gift that can run your stomach like mad.when they give you loan they come with their labourers, workers and machine to take back their money.

They only do that in sub Saharan Africa because of the selfish leaders. What does anyone expect to happen when the loan brokers collect 10 or more percent of the loan.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obinna Ukwuani Appointed Chief Digital Officer Of Bank Of Kigali / Nigerian "Denied Entry" Into A Chinese Supermarket In Abuja (Video) / Onitsha New Shoprite..my Dope Swagg Pictures There..me And My Siblings..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.