Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,189 members, 7,829,260 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China (49218 Views)

20 Countries Most In Debt To China / Countries With The Highest Number Of Millionaires In Africa In 2023 / USD TRANSFER WORLDWIDE, RMB to CHINA! Order on 1688, taobao, eBay & shipping (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by Olawalesmarter(m): 6:03pm On Feb 13, 2019
Many Nigerians are just Dullard, We owe China just 4.5 billion dollars and they all became Wailers and cry babies. One man in Nigeria will pay that debt, Nigeria have no problem with China as long as we make sure we don't have too much Debt with them.
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by MrPaul2: 6:25pm On Feb 13, 2019
[quote author=Racoon post=75692780][/quote]
Are you sure you are from this country?
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by DeRay98(m): 6:46pm On Feb 13, 2019
cucumbae:
Other African countries uses their debt judiciously but nigerian government uses it debt to fund buhari's campaign.

Must you lie to justify your hate?
Did borrowing from just start with this administration?
Did Jonathan not borrow from China, did we not see how Jonathan and his boys shared military arms funds for campaign?
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by DeRay98(m): 6:50pm On Feb 13, 2019
Olawalesmarter:
Many Nigerians are just Dullard, We owe China just 4.5 billion dollars and they all became Wailers and cry babies. One man in Nigeria will pay that debt, Nigeria have no problem with China as long as we make sure we don't have too much Debt with them.

It's all due to their intellectual laziness, they have no idea even the U.S. owe China debts that quadruples Nigeria's debt to China, that borrowing by countries is not same as personal borrowing...all they rush to do is vent their ignorance in hate
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by Nobody: 7:06pm On Feb 13, 2019
obailala:
*yawns*
If you have access to the internet to type "lies", but can't use that same internet access to independently verify or educate yourself, then it's a pity. Feel free to remain in ignorance.
oh yes! One of those who queue up to collect cups of rice, salt, pepper and #500 from the APC govt! You're doomed for the next 4 years!
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by lacastre: 7:09pm On Feb 13, 2019
China will soon add few billion dollars to acquire some African countries
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by Olawalesmarter(m): 7:23pm On Feb 13, 2019
DeRay98:

It's all due to their intellectual laziness, they have no idea even the U.S. owe China debts that quadruples Nigeria's debt to China, that borrowing by countries is not same as personal borrowing...all they rush to do is vent their ignorance in hate

Nairaland is full of Ignorant fools and illiterates, it is very hard to see a sensible comment on Nairaland, reading comments on Nairaland Usually irritate me and the funniest thing is that they all think they are making sense and they know better grin when in Reality they are just showing their stupidity, ignorance, Hatred and illiteracy. USA owe China Trillion of Dollars, the total Amount of Money the top ten countries owe China is not even up to 100 Billions and they started Wailing and Calling their Country and Continent all sort of names, if you are insulting your country and you are crying because your country owe China 4.5 billion dollars that a single person can pay off in Nigeria, then what should USA Citizens call their country for owing China Trillions of Dollars? grin . 70% of Nigerians are just ignorant and Educated illiterates

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by DaV8King(m): 7:25pm On Feb 13, 2019
Esseite:
Nigeria owes China $4.8bn, meanwhile total investment inflow into Nigeria in 2018 excluding Treasury bills and bonds sales which is debt is $4.7bn.

Moreover this is excluding the $10.5bn borrowed via treasury bill/bonds sales, which would be paid with interest at 10% interest rate on maturity.

Are you moving forward or backward?...

True, but majority of this is Naira denominated if you recall.

Meaning FGN can simply up Naira output to cope.

Inflationary and expensive I agree, but the real problem is with our USD and other forex debts
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by fghanni(m): 7:47pm On Feb 13, 2019
enemyofprogress:
Thank God Nigeria is not one of them
No. 8
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by Nanatrendy(f): 7:48pm On Feb 13, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

Nairaland is full of Ignorant fools and illiterates, it is very hard to see a sensible comment on Nairaland, reading comments on Nairaland Usually irritate me and the funniest thing is that they all think they are making sense and they know better grin when in Reality they are just showing their stupidity, ignorance, Hatred and illiteracy. USA owe China Trillion of Dollars, the total Amount of Money the top ten countries owe China is not even up to 100 Billions and they started Wailing and Calling their Country and Continent all sort of names, if you are insulting your country and you are crying because your country owe China 4.5 billion dollars that a single person can pay off in Nigeria, then what should USA Citizens call their country for owing China Trillions of Dollars? grin . 70% of Nigerians are just ignorant and Educated illiterates
I hope you know there's a huge difference between USA and Africa. With the relationship between US and China Americans call the shots, they have invested heavily in the Chinese economy and can easily squeeze them if they try something funny but when it comes to Africa and China, China call the shots we have very little power and are vulnerable that's the danger.

2 Likes

Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by wisdomkid: 7:49pm On Feb 13, 2019
MrRichmond:
The white have colonized us, now it's time for the Asians.

The same way our ancestors were sold out by their Kings is the same way our politicians are selling us to the Chinese.

In a few years time, half of Africa will be speaking Chinese.

It may sound funny, but this is deep!
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by beau49: 7:50pm On Feb 13, 2019
shogz89:
africa is owing just one country almost 90billion..

and they say two heads are better than one

Two good heads my dear....two good heads. Clearly our government is one.
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by obailala(m): 8:44pm On Feb 13, 2019
justbusy:
oh yes! One of those who queue up to collect cups of rice, salt, pepper and #500 from the APC govt! You're doomed for the next 4 years!
@justbusy, I guess your own wise idea of being honourable and patriotic is seeing something which is black but lying to yourself like a child that it is white. I'm sorry, this isn't about elections or politics, it's just about exercising common sense.

The loans Nigeria has gotten from China are strictly for the infrastructural projects, some of which I already listed earlier (i.e. abj-kaduna rail, Lag-Ibadan rail, airport remodelling and Mambilla hydro dam). China doesnt give cash loans, they give the loans only as infrastructuaral projects and these project based loans were taken by both the last PDP and the current APC govt. Saying that this is a lie doesnt make you smart (as you probably think), especially when the info I gave is common verifiable knowledge available to all and sundry.

Furthermore, speaking this fact does not mean I am supporting any body politically; it's just common sense. Receive common sense!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by Nobody: 8:54pm On Feb 13, 2019
obailala:

@justbusy, I guess your own wise idea of being honourable and patriotic is seeing something which is black but lying to yourself like a child that it is white. I'm sorry, this isn't about elections or politics, it's just about exercising common sense.

The loans Nigeria has gotten from China are strictly for the infrastructural projects, some of which I already listed earlier (i.e. abj-kaduna rail, Lag-Ibadan rail, airport remodelling and Mambilla hydro dam). China doesnt give cash loans, they give the loans only as infrastructuaral projects and these project based loans were taken by both the last PDP and the current APC govt. Saying that this is a lie doesnt make you smart (as you probably think), especially when the info I gave is common verifiable knowledge available to all and sundry.

Furthermore, speaking this fact does not mean I am supporting any body politically; it's just common sense. Receive common sense!
you said sense is common: But, you lack it! I think, you need this tonight!

Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by Olawalesmarter(m): 8:57pm On Feb 13, 2019
Nanatrendy:
I hope you know there's a huge difference between USA and Africa. With the relationship between US and China Americans call the shots, they have invested heavily in the Chinese economy and can easily squeeze them if they try something funny but when it comes to Africa and China, China call the shots we have very little power and are vulnerable that's the danger.

It is a Lie, You know USA and China are in trade War right? and USA have been trying very hard to squeeze China but it is not really going easy for them. Africa is Vulnerable to China but i think it is very manageable and the Danger is being Exagerated, just because USA are losing their influence in Africa. USA are in Trade War with China and it has been affecting them Economically, you people give power to the US more than they deserve and it is very annoying
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by atobs4real(m): 9:18pm On Feb 13, 2019
Fran6ik:
You can see the ethiopias debt in the infrastructures
The infrastructure in Nigeria is better than the last decades.
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by RichardKajola(m): 9:27pm On Feb 13, 2019
MrRichmond:

The same way our ancestors were sold out by their Kings is the same way our politicians are selling us to the Chinese.

and we still want to vote in the same set of politicians... PATHETIC
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by nograv: 9:40pm On Feb 13, 2019
BluntBoy:

The US has the largest debts in the world. Followed by the UK.

They have productive industries outside of oil that will help them pay down their debt...

Google, Amazon, Tesla and Facebook just to name a few

Tell me oga what does Nigeria have

1 Like

Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by Nobody: 9:45pm On Feb 13, 2019
MrRichmond:

100 years ago we were not speaking English. now some one will even spot the errors in my English.
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by Nobody: 9:47pm On Feb 13, 2019
nograv:

They have productive industries outside of oil that will help them pay down their debt...

forget all those companies their real total assets is not up to $2trillion dollar. american debt can never be repaid
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by nograv: 9:48pm On Feb 13, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

Listen to this mumu..

You realise that the US has productive world leading industry that will ultimately help them pay down their debt.

Apple, Amazon, Google, Facebook and Tesla are world beating companies bringing billions of dollars into the US.

Nigeria by contrast only has oil. If the oil price drops we have limited means of paying debt down. At the same time we don't even have a sovereign wealth fund to see us through the economic bad times..

Debt for the western nations is manageable to a limited degree. Although some say the hugely indebted countries like Britain and US with the so called Anglo Saxon model will have to face down the debt problem in the future. They also have relatively good ratings from agencies like moodys and the Standard and Poor meaning that debt is cheap. Nigeria does not have a great credit rating so debt is expensive.

As a major oil producer with a relatively well educated and hardworking population Nigeria shouldn't really need to borrow at all.

I am afraid you are the one with a limited understanding of economics...

1 Like

Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by firstolalekan(m): 9:49pm On Feb 13, 2019
MrRichmond:

Who are the whites?
So, you think you're black?
U guess it was your brain that was colonized
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by nograv: 9:50pm On Feb 13, 2019
WinningSun:

forget all those companies their real total assets is not up to $2trillion dollar. american debt can never be repaid

It doesn't need to, as long as the possibility of default is remote.

Nigeria by comparison is nowhere near as solvent. A decade long slump in oil prices would be enough to tip the Nigerian economy into crisis.

That is the difference. I think you fell asleep in economics class..

1 Like

Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by dallyemmy: 9:52pm On Feb 13, 2019
A country is owing 22 trillion. No shaking!
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by obailala(m): 10:36pm On Feb 13, 2019
justbusy:
you said sense is common: But, you lack it! I think, you need this tonight!
I said the loans Nigeria took from China are purely tied to infrastructure. But then you rudely interrupted by saying it was a lie, and you started blabbing about some unrelated APC vs PDP rubbish.

What exactly is the lie in what I said?... You've had ample opportunity to explain yourself or defend your position. But obviously, it would be silly for anyone to expect you to actually defend a meaningless blab.
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by Myde4naija(m): 10:49pm On Feb 13, 2019
wise2odd:
the op is trying to justify buhari loan. there is no accountability to buhari loan
accountant general of the federation
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by OyinO: 11:18pm On Feb 13, 2019
Jaguntemmy:
Well at least we are not the number 1
Shame! Where you are in the list don't really matter. What matters is that you have been sold out long ago. You are bought and owned. plus all your resources and unborn generations.
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by Olawalesmarter(m): 11:20pm On Feb 13, 2019
nograv:

Listen to this mumu..

You realise that the US has productive world leading industry that will ultimately help them pay down their debt.

Apple, Amazon, Google, Facebook and Tesla are world beating companies bringing billions of dollars into the US.

Nigeria by contrast only has oil. If the oil price drops we have limited means of paying debt down. At the same time we don't even have a sovereign wealth fund to see us through the economic bad times..

Debt for the western nations is manageable to a limited degree. Although some say the hugely indebted countries like Britain and US with the so called Anglo Saxon model will have to face down the debt problem in the future. They also have relatively good ratings from agencies like moodys and the Standard and Poor meaning that debt is cheap. Nigeria does not have a great credit rating so debt is expensive.

As a major oil producer with a relatively well educated and hardworking population Nigeria shouldn't really need to borrow at all.

I am afraid you are the one with a limited understanding of economics...

i will not argue with you much. USA debt is Larger than their entire Economy and it is the largest debt in the World, they are having a difficult time paying it off and it is not only China that USA is indebted to, they are indebted to other countries too. It has been affecting them Economically to the Extent that all those Big Companies you listed are having a bad time too, right now USA Economy is going downward. It is crazy to compare Nigeria with them but Nigeria is still not eating more than they can chew, i don't know about other Africa countries though.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/facebook-apple-amazon-netflix-google-lose-value-of-saudi-arabia-2018-11

https://www.thebalance.com/the-u-s-debt-and-how-it-got-so-big-3305778

It has even been predicted that USA Economy may enter Recession in 2019

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/billconerly/2018/10/14/will-the-economy-crash-in-2019/amp/

Nigeria can never be Compare with USA, but the only difference is that USA are going to have a difficult time paying off their debt more than Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by Kfed4ril(m): 11:21pm On Feb 13, 2019
shogz89:
africa is owing just one country almost 90billion..

and they say two heads are better than one

My boss then at vitafoam always corrects me whenever I make the statement, he will be like “two good heads are better than one”

1 Like

Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by Olawalesmarter(m): 11:25pm On Feb 13, 2019
nograv:

Those Companies you listed are having a Bad time, and they are clearly not going to be able to pay 22trillion dollars USA debt
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/facebook-apple-amazon-netflix-google-lose-value-of-saudi-arabia-2018-11
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by Josh44s(m): 11:31pm On Feb 13, 2019
BluntBoy:

Every country owes debt. Even the United States owes substantial debts to China and Japan.

Who China and Japan come dey owe
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China by BluntBoy(m): 1:27am On Feb 14, 2019
nograv:

I expected that you would shift the goalpost and you didn't disappoint me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obinna Ukwuani Appointed Chief Digital Officer Of Bank Of Kigali / Nigerian "Denied Entry" Into A Chinese Supermarket In Abuja (Video) / Onitsha Tanker Fire: Trader Shares Before And After Pictures Of His Shop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.