Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,018 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:19 AM

Jesus Vs. Prophecy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Vs. Prophecy (1228 Views)

Jesus Vs Mohammed / Prophet Tb Joshua 2014 Prophecy About APC & PDP / Jesus Vs The Devil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Vs. Prophecy by babs787(m): 12:16pm On Apr 23, 2007
Good day my people cheesy. One of the characteristics of a prophet is that whenever he speaks or prophesis, it must surely come to pass. While browsing through the bible, I came across some prophesies of God Jesus which I decide to put across to my christian friends to assist in explaining to me because the Jesus is my book is never a liar  and is even accorded a high status to the extent that a chapter is named after her mother (Surah Maryam 19). Please I need explanation on these, maybe sister pilgrims and brother stimulus can assist me.

Mathew 1 v 23: behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name, Emmanuel, which is being interpreted, ‘God is with us’

Note; He was called Jesus instead and nowhere do we have it that Jesus has the same meaning as Immanuel.

Mathew 2 v 23: …he shall be called a Nazarene

Note: nowhere he was called such. Nowhere could we find such prophecy fulfilled

Mathew 19 v 27-29: the 12 disciples will sit on 12 thrones judging the 12 tribes of Israel

Not: but Judas Iscariot who was one of the twelve disciples betrayed him and they finally remained 11 (see Luke 24 v 9)

Mathew 10 v 23: but when they persecute you in this city, flee ye unto another city, for verily, I say unto you, ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the son be come.

Note; the disciples of Jesus fled and they have now perished for 2000 years with no sign of the Jesus.

Mathew 12 v 39 – 40; An evil and adulterous generation seeks for a sign but no sign shall be given except the sign of the prophjet Jonah. For as Jonah was 3 days and 3 nights in the belly of the Whale, so will the son of man be 3 days and 3 nights in the hearts of the earth.

Note: Jesus was allegeldyl crucified on evening of Friday, but on Sunday morning, Mary Magdalene didn’t find him in the tomb. This makes up 2 nights. Friday and Saturday 1 day. Sunday none

Mathew 12 v 5: or have ye not read in the law, how that on the Sabbath days, the priest in the temple profane the Sabbath, and are blameless?

Note: nowhere could we find the prophecy in the O.T

Mark 1 v 2: as it is written in the prophets, ‘behold, I send my messenger before they face, which shall prepare the way before thee’

Note: Jesus quotes a statement in whch he says appaears in Isaiah, no such prophecy in Isaiah.

Mark 10 v 19: thou knowest the commandments, ‘do not commit adultery, do not kill, do not steal, do not bear false witness, defraud not, honour thy father and mother.

Note; there is no such commandment “Defraud not” in the OT or elsewhere in the OT (exodus 20 v 3-17)

9.mark 16 v 17-18: and these signs shall follow them that believe, in my name shall they cast out devils, they shall speak with new tongues, they shall take up serpents and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them, they shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover.

Note: some Christians have died as a result of drinking poison, infact, many christiand had lost their lives as a resulty of being bitten by snakes and many are staying long in the hospital awaiting cure. Are they not believers?

The Angel made a promise to many about th miraculous nature of Jesus in this world,

luke 1 v 32-33: , and the Lord God will give to him the throe of his father David and he will reign over the house of Jacob for ever and his kingdom there will be no end.

Note: but Jesus was not granted that kingdom, he himself made the confession in this world

, my kingdom is not of this world (john 18 v 33-36). Instead of him sitting on the throne, it was Herod that sat.

Luke 23 v 43: and Jesus said unto him, ‘verily I say unto thee, today, shalt thou be with me in paradise

note: according to John 20 v 17, act 1 v 31, Jesus wasn’t raised until the 3rd day and did not ascend until at least 40 days

John 5 v 46: Jesus said Moses wrote of him
Note: but nowhere could we find such in the OT.

John 7 v 8-10: Jesus told them he wouldn’t be going to the feast but went later secretly.

john 20 v 9: for as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead.
Note; there is nowhere in the OT where we have the above statement.

Romans 10 v 11: for the scripture said ‘ whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Note; no such statement in the OT.

1ST Thessalonian 4 v 17: and the death in Christ will rise first, then we who are alive, who are left, shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.

Note: Paul had counted himself among those that wil be alive during the 2nd coming of Jesus. He even counted himself among those who will meet him in the air.

Thank you.
Re: Jesus Vs. Prophecy by TayoD(m): 3:13pm On Apr 23, 2007
@babs787,

Good day my people . One of the characteristics of a prophet is that whenever he speaks or prophesis, it must surely come to pass. While browsing through the bible, I came across some prophesies of God Jesus which I decide to put across to my christian friends to assist in explaining to me because the Jesus is my book is never a liar  and is even accorded a high status to the extent that a chapter is named after her mother (Surah Maryam 19). Please I need explanation on these, maybe sister pilgrims and brother stimulus can assist me.

I just understood where your prolem lies. You never sit down to study the Bible as the bible requires - 2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God , rather all you do is browse  through it and you come out more confused than when you started browsing. I have mentioned to you before that the only way to read and understand the Bible is to do it the way the Bible dictates, but you never listen. I know the Qu'ran never tells you how to read and understand it, but the Bible does.  Until you follow the Bible's instructions, you will ever remain confused.

Now to answering your questions which are not only trivial but infantile.

Mathew 1 v 23: behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name, Emmanuel, which is being interpreted, ‘God is with us’ Note; He was called Jesus instead and nowhere do we have it that Jesus has the same meaning as Imanuel.

He was also called Christ, Son of David, the Root of Jesse etc. So what is your point?  That Jesus was the regular name He used does not make Him less "God with us", which is what John refered to when he said: And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, which is no less than Immanuel.

Mathew 2 v 23: …he shall be called a Nazarene
Note: nowhere he was called such. Nowhere could we find such prophecy fulfilled

A Nazarene is a native and a dweller of Nazareth, and in that the scripturure you quoted answers itself - Matthew 2:23 - And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene.

3.  Mathew 19 v 27-29: the 12 disciples will sit on 12 thrones judging the 12 tribes of Israel
Not: but Judas Iscariot who was one of the twelve disciples betrayed him and they finally remained 11 (see Luke 24 v 9)

And your browsing through the Bible does not reveal to you that the place of Judas would be taken up by someone else Acts 1:20 - Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take.

4.Mathew 10 v 23: but when they persecute you in this city, flee ye unto another city, for verily, I say unto you, ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the son be come.

Note; the disciples of Jesus fled and they have now perished for 2000 years with no sign of the Jesus.

You make the assumption that the word "you" refers to just the Disciples. Isn't that persecution still happening today? Jesus always have more than the Disciples in mind when He speaks. His thoughts are projected beyond their generation up to ours and the generations after.

Mathew 12 v 39 – 40; An evil and adulterous generation seeks for a sign but no sign shall be given except the sign of the prophjet Jonah. For as Jonah was 3 days and 3 nights in the belly of the Whale, so will the son of man be 3 days and 3 nights in the hearts of the earth.

Note: Jesus was allegeldyl crucified on evening of Friday, but on Sunday morning, Mary Magdalene didn’t find him in the tomb. This makes up 2 nights. Friday and Saturday 1 day. Sunday none

I believe stimulus or someone else already provided with this answere.  Why do you belabour an issue that has already been dealt with. The bottom line is you need to look at the event based upon the jewish tradition and calendar so to speak.

6.Mathew 12 v 5: or have ye not read in the law, how that on the Sabbath days, the priest in the temple profane the Sabbath, and are blameless?

Note: nowhere could we find the prophecy in the O.T

I guess you didn't browse long enough to read 2 Chronicles 23 where the Priests and others were commanded to come to the temple on the sabath day and so profane it without being held accountable for obvious reasons.

7.   Mark 1 v 2: as it is written in the prophets, ‘behold, I send my messenger before they face, which shall prepare the way before thee’
Note: Jesus quotes a statement in whch he says appaears in Isaiah, no such prophecy in Isaiah.
Where did Jesus claim that the statement was made in Isaiah? The 'prophets' is more than just the book of Isaiah.  One who studies the bible will realise that Jesus was making refernces to
Isaiah 40:3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

Malachi 3:1 Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts

Malachi 4:5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD: .

8.Mark 10 v 19: thou knowest the commandments, ‘do not commit adultery, do not kill, do not steal, do not bear false witness, defraud not, honour thy father and mother.

Note; there is no such commandment “Defraud not” in the OT or elsewhere in the OT (exodus 20 v 3-17)

Doesn't common sense tells you that Jesus must be refering to coveting your neighbours property when he said "defraud not"?  And isn't that what Leviticus 19:13 says: Thou shalt not defraud thy neighbour, neither rob him: the wages of him that is hired shall not abide with thee all night until the morning.

9.mark 16 v 17-18: and these signs shall follow them that believe, in my name shall they cast out devils, they shall speak with new tongues, they shall take up serpents and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them, they shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover.

Note: some Christians have died as a result of drinking poison, infact, many christiand had lost their lives as a resulty of being bitten by snakes and many are staying long in the hospital awaiting cure. Are they not believers?
Your lack of study ensures that you do not realise that Jesus hinged the fulfilment of the promises on one condition: faith.  Haven't you read that He said traditions makes the word of God of no effect?  Those who had faith in the promises saw a reality of it. Paul was bitten by a deadly snake ad never died, Paul and others cast out demons in Jesus name, spoke in new tongues and healed the sick by the laying on of hands.  That Mohammed died through poisoning only showed how powerless his allah is.

10.The Angel made a promise to many about th miraculous nature of Jesus in this world,

luke 1 v 32-33: ,  and the Lord God will give to him the throe of his father David and he will reign over the house of Jacob for ever and his kingdom there will be no end.
Note: but Jesus was not granted that kingdom, he himself made the confession in this world
,  my kingdom is not of this world (john 18 v 33-36). Instead of him sitting on the throne, it was Herod that sat.
I will answer this in two parts. The first is that Jesus will only receive anything given to him directly by His Father. Even the devil offered Him all the kingdoms of the world and yet He refused to receive it becuase it will not be coming God's way.  God's way was for Him to receive the kingdom through His death and resurrection.
Jesus will sit on that kingdom at the second part of His second coming.  That prophecy wasn't for His first coming.

11. Luke 23 v 43: and Jesus said unto him, ‘verily I say unto thee, today, shalt thou be with me in paradise
note: according to John 20 v 17, act 1 v 31, Jesus wasn’t raised until the 3rd day and did not ascend until at least 40 days
When you cross over into eternity, there is nothing like night and day as we know it. Eternity is in an ever present state of 'now' and every point in time is 'today'. The thief receiving justification meant that he will not be condemned to hell but will move into life and will be forever with Jesus in paradise which has no night nor day.

12.John 5 v 46: Jesus said Moses wrote of him
Note: but nowhere could we find such in the OT.

I know you have tried to claim that Deuteronomy 18 speaks about Mohammed, but of course you are wrong as usual.  Deuteronomy 18 and many passages in the pentateuch were talking about Jesus.

13. John 7 v 8-10: Jesus told them he wouldn’t be going to the feast but went later secretly.
I thought we were talking about prophecy here. So what is your point?

14. john 20 v 9: for as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead.
Note; there is nowhere in the OT where we have the above statement.
The fact is that there are several references to Him rising from the dead. However, most of them were in shadows meant for those who study and have His spirit to decipher. Here is a direct reference in Psalms 16:10 - For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

15. Romans 10 v 11: for the scripture said ‘ whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. Note; no such statement in the OT.
The scripture refered to by Jesus is Isaiah 28:16 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.  You seem to forget that the OT was written in Hebrew and the NT was written in Greek.

16. 1ST Thessalonian 4 v 17: and the death in Christ will rise first, then we who are alive, who are left, shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.  
Note: Paul had counted himself among those that wil be alive during the 2nd coming of Jesus. He even counted himself among those who will meet him in the air.

Your assumption is totally untrue. Paul's point was the order of ascension and not that he will be alive when Christ comes back.  He, like I would made a statement expecting the Lord's return at anytime. If I were refering to the resurrection today as well, I will mention that the dead will rise first and those of us alive will rise afterwards.  That I say that does not mean I'm implying I will be here when Christ comes.  The same Paul mentioned in severeal scriptures about his impending death and sacrifice for the cause of Christ.

In summary babs787, you need to study more and stop making uninformed statements for obvious reasons.
Re: Jesus Vs. Prophecy by stimulus(m): 4:10pm On Apr 23, 2007
@TayoD,

Well done, bros! How blessed it is to read well-thought out answers from seniors like you. cheesy
Re: Jesus Vs. Prophecy by babs787(m): 4:20pm On Apr 23, 2007
He was also called Christ, Son of David, the Root of Jesse etc. So what is your point?  That Jesus was the regular name He used does not make Him less "God with us", which is what John refered to when he said: And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, which is no less than Immanuel.

Brother, I am not after he was God or not, my question is 'was he ever called Immanuel'? and 'is Immanuel the same as Jesus'?

A Nazarene is a native and a dweller of Nazareth, and in that the scripturure you quoted answers itself - Matthew 2:23 - And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene.

Same issue. We are now seeing who never understands question(s). The prophecy said that he would be called a Nazarene but rather he was called Jesus.

And your browsing through the Bible does not reveal to you that the place of Judas would be taken up by someone else Acts 1:20 - Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take.

Do you ever read bible for understanding? Read verse 22 and grab what is there.

You make the assumption that the word "you" refers to just the Disciples. Isn't that persecution still happening today? Jesus always have more than the Disciples in mind when He speaks. His thoughts are projected beyond their generation up to ours and the generations after

Brother, read from verse 5 and you would see that he was talking to the 12 disciples.

I believe stimulus or someone else already provided with this answere.  Why do you belabour an issue that has already been dealt with. The bottom line is you need to look at the event based upon the jewish tradition and calendar so to speak.

Let me have it brother. It is a well known fact that jews count their days from sunset to sunset, so count it yourself and give me your answer so that we arrive at 3 days and 3 nights. Soon, we will shed more light on 'was Jesus like Jonah or unlike Jonah'

I guess you didn't browse long enough to read 2 Chronicles 23 where the Priests and others were commanded to come to the temple on the sabath day and so profane it without being held accountable for obvious reasons.

Why not bring it our brother? Let me have it from your book of chronicles please.

Where did Jesus claim that the statement was made in Isaiah?
If you care to know, read RSV
Mark 1 v 2; as it is written in Isaiah the prophet,

The 'prophets' is more than just the book of Isaiah.  One who studies the bible will realise that Jesus was making refernces to
Isaiah 40:3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

Compare Isaiah 40 v 3 to Mark 1 v 2.

Doesn't common sense tells you that Jesus must be refering to coveting your neighbours property when he said "defraud not"?  And isn't that what Leviticus 19:13 says: Thou shalt not defraud thy neighbour, neither rob him: the wages of him that is hired shall not abide with thee all night until the morning.

grin grin grin Common sense did not tell me sir. Why putting words into his mouth? Jesus never said that, he said, 'defraud not'. Why didnt he put 'coveting neighbour's property'. Mind you, defraud can be given many meanings. It is not only neighbour's property that can be defrauded. Understood

Your lack of study ensures that you do not realise that Jesus hinged the fulfilment of the promises on one condition: faith.  Haven't you read that He said traditions makes the word of God of no effect?  Those who had faith in the promises saw a reality of it. Paul was bitten by a deadly snake ad never died, Paul and others cast out demons in Jesus name, spoke in new tongues and healed the sick by the laying on of hands.  That Muhammad died through poisoning only showed how powerless his allah is.

Brother, abeg make I hear word. Are you telling me that those being bitten by snake or poisonouns insects didnt have faith? Are you telling me that those at the hospitals do not have faith. Are you telling me that for you to have been ill for days means that you do not have faith. What is this brother tellling me?

l
I will answer this in two parts. The first is that Jesus will only receive anything given to him directly by His Father. Even the devil offered Him all the kingdoms of the world and yet He refused to receive it becuase it will not be coming God's way.  God's way was for Him to receive the kingdom through His death and resurrection.
Jesus will sit on that kingdom at the second part of His second coming.  That prophecy wasn't for His first coming.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. The prophecy wasnt for his 1st coming!! Read again, this is pure daylight roberry. grin

Luke 1 v 32-33: ,  and the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David and he will reign over the house of Jacob for ever and his kingdom there will be no end.

For better understanding, read from verse 26. There you will read that the angel was telling Mary about the son in his womb and what he would be after his birth.

When you cross over into eternity, there is nothing like night and day as we know it. Eternity is in an ever present state of 'now' and every point in time is 'today'. The thief receiving justification meant that he will not be condemned to hell but will move into life and will be forever with Jesus in paradise which has no night nor day.

Thumbs up for brother tayo for twisting the whole verse grin. Jesus knew you people and therefore differentiated the day from night. Bible interpreter, you be correct guy cheesy.

I know you have tried to claim that Deuteronomy 18 speaks about Muhammad, but of course you are wrong as usual.  Deuteronomy 18 and many passages in the pentateuch were talking about Jesus.

Brother, Honestly, I am laughing here ooooooo grin

13. John 7 v 8-10: Jesus told them he wouldn’t be going to the feast but went later secretly.
I thought we were talking about prophecy here. So what is your point?

Solve that too brother

The fact is that there are several references to Him rising from the dead. However, most of them were in shadows meant for those who study and have His spirit to decipher. Here is a direct reference in Psalms 16:10 - For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Let me have other references. Is there anywhere in your above verse that says he would rise from the dead?

The scripture refered to by Jesus is Isaiah 28:16 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.  You seem to forget that the OT was written in Hebrew and the NT was written in Greek.

So 'ashamed' is the same as 'haste'!!

Your assumption is totally untrue. Paul's point was the order of ascension and not that he will be alive when Christ comes back.  He, like I would made a statement expecting the Lord's return at anytime. If I were refering to the resurrection today as well, I will mention that the dead will rise first and those of us alive will rise afterwards.  That I say that does not mean I'm implying I will be here when Christ comes.  The same Paul mentioned in severeal scriptures about his impending death and sacrifice for the cause of Christ.

Do you read bible at all? Did you see this 'and the death in Christ will rise first, then we who are alive, who are left'

Paul is saying that when Jesus comes, those that are dead will rise and they that are ALIVE and are left will meet him. Why do you like twisting the bible?

@stimulus

grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin
Re: Jesus Vs. Prophecy by begum: 6:42pm On Apr 30, 2007
Hello all religious Nairalanders,
I am not really interested in religious discourse but this Bab 787 topics is just too standard for me to answer. Pls, Pilgrim, babayosis, davidslan and others, please help us out. I have tried, check and meet my pastors but the responses I got was not satisfactory. Even the responses here was not adequate. Please help out!!!!
Re: Jesus Vs. Prophecy by pilgrim1(f): 7:10pm On Apr 30, 2007
@begum,

Let me be sure that you're a Christian and have some background understanding of theology - whether Islam or Christian. You can be sure that the prophecies Jesus gave are sure to be fulfilled; and only those who refuse to apply Biblical principles will fail to grasp the meaning of Jesus' words.

The reason why I'm asking this question is simple: the originator of the thread has only one working agenda - to derogate Jesus Christ. Take a look again at the topic, and then follow carefully the opening remarks:

babs787:

Good day my people cheesy. One of the characteristics of a prophet is that whenever he speaks or prophesis, it must surely come to pass. While browsing through the bible, I came across some prophesies of God Jesus which I decide to put across to my christian friends to assist in explaining to me because the Jesus is my book is never a liar  and is even accorded a high status to the extent that a chapter is named after her mother (Surah Maryam 19). Please I need explanation on these, maybe sister pilgrims and brother stimulus can assist me.

What is he intending - an honest, open discourse, or another one of his endless derogatory arguments? So, if he states that "the Jesus (in) my book is never a liar", is he not intending to argue that the Jesus in the Bible (which is not his book) is a liar?

That is why I didn't engage this issue initially; nor do I intend to satisfy his lust for more lies and calumny. The questions are have well-reasoned Biblical answers; but if this is just another one of those baits to pepper the Islamic lust of deriding Jesus Christ, I will leave you to feed his lust. Otherwise, it isn't worth two pennies worrying over his so-called "questions".
Re: Jesus Vs. Prophecy by buluti(m): 7:12pm On Apr 30, 2007
@ begum are you genuinely confused or is it based on the "confusion" of babs that you require answers. My question to you is are you a christain , do you believe in the holy spirit and do you study your bible.

You will get your answers if you want to, in my opinion Tayo has provided good insight, but to understand certain things he mentioned you must have been studying your bible.

"Deep calleth unto deep" and in studying you compare scripture with scripture. Just picking verses in isolation wont help you, so if you want to understand start the journey, the answers would come by revelation.
Re: Jesus Vs. Prophecy by pilgrim1(f): 7:17pm On Apr 30, 2007
@begum,

No one is trying to put you down; but these are the two questions you will often come across in issues like this:

#1.
buluti:

My question to you is are you a christain , do you believe in the holy spirit and do you study your bible.

and

#2.
buluti:

but to understand certain things he mentioned you must have been studying your bible.

"Deep calleth unto deep" and in studying you compare scripture with scripture

I mentioned them earlier, and I hope you can see why I said we're not given to feeding babs787's lust.
Re: Jesus Vs. Prophecy by babs787(m): 9:16am On May 02, 2007
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Jesus Vs. Prophecy by begum: 4:30pm On May 02, 2007
May Gob bless you pilgrim and others.
I don't usually believe things hook line and sinker. I like to investigate further to be really convinced. To be candid, my friends also told me the same thing; Holy Ghost will take control! Yes I believe, but I am yet to get satisfactory answers to some of questions regarding my faith as a Christian. Does that mine I am not a good Christian? As much as can, I always move away from sins in whatever form its manifest itself. When I first joined nairaland, though it was because of Job stuff, but I also think I can meet some friends to share my believe with and probably get relief, but to my surprise all posts in this forum are always ARGUMENTATIVE IN NATURE, majorly Muslims discrediting Christians and vice versal. I was totally disappointed and decided not to even explore religious forum at all again. The Muslims may post whatever they like, I am less concern.
Pilgrim please give me your mail address. There many things I don't want to disclose here.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks
Re: Jesus Vs. Prophecy by pilgrim1(f): 9:05pm On May 02, 2007
@begum,

begum:

but to my surprise all posts in this forum are always ARGUMENTATIVE IN NATURE, majorly Muslims discrediting Christians and vice versal. I was totally disappointed and decided not to even explore religious forum at all again. The Muslims may post whatever they like, I am less concern.
Pilgrim please give me your mail address. There many things I don't want to disclose here.

Many thanks for your gentlemanly response.

It is true that on both sides of the divide, the debates have been largely argumentative; and in some ways this could hardly be discounted in an open Forum. While not wanting to readily point accusing fingers, I would say that it is disappointing to observe the strain of argument offered by some Muslims. Where do we draw the line between intelligence and the mindset to deliberately besmirch another's religion?

All the same, here is my email addy: p_romanio@yahoo.com . Looking forward to corresponding with you; and God bless.
Re: Jesus Vs. Prophecy by Nobody: 2:35am On May 03, 2007
madam pilgrim abeg comot ur email before fundamentalists track u down to finish what allah had no power to do. grin
Re: Jesus Vs. Prophecy by jeshua(m): 2:14pm On May 03, 2007
davidylan:

madam pilgrim abeg comot your email before fundamentalists track u down to finish what allah had no power to do. grin
PILGRIM-OUR GOD PROTECTS US AND WE DONT NEED TO BE AFRAID OF WHAT MEN CAN DO. DAVIDYLAN- THAT HAS ALWAYS BEEN MY POINT-WHY CANT GOD DEFEND HIMSELF?
Re: Jesus Vs. Prophecy by carmelily: 2:18pm On May 03, 2007
hi, davidylan!
Re: Jesus Vs. Prophecy by nossycheek(f): 2:43pm On May 03, 2007
@TayoD

Good analysis, God bless

@Stimulus & Pilgrim

Remain focused, God bless

@Babs787

If you asked a honest answer, your questions have been answered. tongue
Re: Jesus Vs. Prophecy by jeshua(m): 2:57pm On May 03, 2007
dont you all think we are wasting time trying to answer Babs? He thinks he knows already
Re: Jesus Vs. Prophecy by babs787(m): 3:30pm On May 03, 2007
@nossycheeks

You have really provided detailed answers. Na wa for christianity as a religion.

smiley smiley
Re: Jesus Vs. Prophecy by nossycheek(f): 3:45pm On May 03, 2007
babs787:

@nossycheeks

You have really provided detailed answers. Na wa for christianity as a religion.

smiley smiley

Isaiah 32:6
For the fool speaks folly and his mind plans iniquity: practicing profane ungodliness and speaking error concerning the Lord, leaving the craving of the hungry unsatisfied and causing the drink of the thirsty to fail.

Ecclesiastes 10:14
A fool also multiplies words, though no man can tell what will be--and what will happen after he is gone, who can tell him?

Ecclesiastes 10:3
Even when he who is a fool walks along the road, his heart and understanding fail him, and he says of everyone and to everyone that he is a fool.

I don't think you need to hear from us on this issue any more. A word is definitely enough lipsrsealed
Re: Jesus Vs. Prophecy by babs787(m): 4:28pm On May 03, 2007
@nossycheeks

Honestly, I dont need to hear anymore of your lies and falsehood.

I am very contented
Re: Jesus Vs. Prophecy by nossycheek(f): 5:12pm On May 03, 2007
babs787:

@nossycheeks

Honestly, I don't need to hear anymore of your lies and falsehood.

I am very contented

Same to/for you
Re: Jesus Vs. Prophecy by stimulus(m): 6:09pm On May 03, 2007
nossycheek:

Same to/for you

Lol. . . wey the hands wey U take type those sensible verses? That is why I said earlier: dress closer, we need to know each other a bit more! grin
Re: Jesus Vs. Prophecy by mrpataki(m): 7:44pm On May 03, 2007
Now it becomes pellucid what exactly babs787, seeks for.

Honestly answering him is a waste of language! I would rather wish to engage begum than babs 787.

Iron sharpeneth iron, so a friend sharpeneth the countenance of his partner.
Re: Jesus Vs. Prophecy by babs787(m): 10:22am On May 04, 2007
@pataki

It will always be waste of languages because you and you folks are confused at the questions.
Re: Jesus Vs. Prophecy by nossycheek(f): 11:21am On May 04, 2007
stimulus:

Lol. . . wey the hands wey U take type those sensible verses? That is why I said earlier: dress closer, we need to know each other a bit more! grin

Not to worry, will send you a mail as soon as my yahoo starts working. cool

(1) (Reply)

Delayed Blessings - How Long? By Taiwo Ayeni / Tb Joshua’s Critics – Rise Of The 21st Century Pharisees #1 / Leave Tb Joshua Alone,i Beg You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.