Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Hotel Manager Dispels Allegations That Masked Robbers That Robbed His Hotel Are Nigerians After Fore - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Hotel Manager Dispels Allegations That Masked Robbers That Robbed His Hotel Are Nigerians After Fore (1028 Views)

Robbed At Douglas RD Owerri / Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? / Robbers That Go To Church! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hotel Manager Dispels Allegations That Masked Robbers That Robbed His Hotel Are Nigerians After Fore by OlamideSowole(m): 1:46am On Aug 24, 2010
See how many foreigners jump into conclusions about nigerians, after the australians were robbed in the south african world cup they were swift to claim that the masked robbers were nigerians.
the following was then published
"Nine soccer fans were tied up and robbed at gunpoint
with one victim raped, in a terrifying hold-up in their hotel
rooms following the Australia-Serbia World Cup match in
South Africa. The fans which included five Australians,
were on their way back to the hotel in the early hours of
Thursday morning, June 24, after the match. The Socceroos of Australia defeated Serbia 2-1 in the
encounter.
According to reports reaching Masterweb News Desk,
four armed men trailed nine soccer fans back to their
hotel in Nelspruit, South Africa, invading their rooms and
robbing them, allegedly raping a female victim. Steve Gaynor, one of the victims who had $10,000 worth of
equipments stolen from him said the robbers were
Nigerians. He said the men were armed with rifles and
handguns, and five of the victims, including himself and
the raped female, Australians. According to Gaynor, one
of the victims, an off-duty Australian Federal Police officer, for safety reasons, kept others calm during the
robbery and assault. ( Continues below…… ) Photo Above: Steve Gaynor, one of the World Cup
robbery victims. “I had watched the match from the hotel that night and about 12.30 am three cars arrived back at the hotel and
people started filing in. I was in the bar and some people
came in there while others went back to their rooms. We
were oblivious to what was going on. These poor kids
were tied up, held at gunpoint and robbed. My room was
robbed, but luckily I wasn’t in there when they broke through the window.” Gaynor was quoted as telling reporters.
“They took cash, jewelry and watches off the people they had tied up and stole phones and laptops. It was robbery
with violence. One guy was on the floor and the man had
his boot on his head and told him not to move or he is
dead - it was serious.” Gaynor added. Masterweb will keep you updated as more information
becomes available."
After this was said about nigerians, the hotel manager,a man who grew up in south africa and has witnessed both nigerians and south africans alike denied the allegations that the robbers were nigerians.
This was then published
"Masterweb News Team contacted Mr. Kurt Mulder, owner of
Hamilton Parks Country Lodge where four gunmen robbed
World Cup soccer fans guests of the hotel. He told our news
team reaching him on the phone that the gunmen were South
Africans and not Nigerians. On asking him how he knew the
identity of the gunmen he said: “I am a South African and should know South Africans when I see them. Above all, I am
an African and you know we know ourselves – I can tell a South African from a Nigerian.” He said the female victim was not raped, but tied up along with others including him, in
the same room. Mulder said he was 2 meters away from the
female victim and did not see her assaulted by the robbers.
Hamilton Parks Country Lodge is in Hazyview, an isolated
area north-east of Johannesburg, South Africa. The hotel
according to Masterweb investigations, has witnessed several robbery incidents which South African police failed to
investigate appropriately. Several robberies have also
occurred at Kruger National Park around the corner from
Hamilton Parks Country Lodge, without significant arrests by
South African police. ( Continues below…… ) Photo Above: Hamilton Parks Country Lodge, Hazyview,
South Africa. Masterweb investigations revealed the gunmen did not trail
the soccer fans, but hid in the bushland surrounding the hotel.
Hamilton Parks Country Lodge is surrounded by over 250
hectares of indigenous bushland. Shortly after midnight, after
fans arrived the hotel from the World Cup match between
Australia and Serbia, the hotel owner, who doubled as manager, stepped out to welcome them into the hotel, but
was accosted by the gunmen. The robbers ordered him at
gunpoint to “get back in.” He went in and the gunmen locked the door, ordering everyone in that section of the hotel,
including the owner, to lie down. They tied their hands behind
their backs with shoestrings and robbed them of valuables,
including, cell (mobile) phones, laptops, passports, money,
etc. They also went from room to room stealing all that were
of interest to them. Captain Jacky Mbuyane, South African police officer investigating the crime, said the Australian
female victim was sexually assaulted, and got medical
treatment, but she was not raped. In his words: “Emotionally, she was hurt. She was upset.” ( Continues below…… ) Photo Above: Map of South Africa The victims were freed after the robbers left. South Africa
police and embassies of victims were contacted with details
of the incident. Consular officials from Australian High
Commission in Pretoria assisted victims in getting medical
treatment, issuing emergency travel documents to their
citizens."
Many nigerians like myself on reading this became angry as to how nigeria is always the first suspect in a crime without proof or evidence
Re: Hotel Manager Dispels Allegations That Masked Robbers That Robbed His Hotel Are Nigerians After Fore by VALIDATOR: 8:19am On Aug 24, 2010
Olamide Sowole:

See how many foreigners jump into conclusions about nigerians, after the australians were robbed in the south african world cup they were swift to claim that the masked robbers were nigerians.
the following was then published
"Nine soccer fans were tied up and robbed at gunpoint
with one victim despoiled, in a terrifying hold-up in their hotel
rooms following the Australia-Serbia World Cup match in
South Africa. The fans which included five Australians,
were on their way back to the hotel in the early hours of
Thursday morning, June 24, after the match. The Socceroos of Australia defeated Serbia 2-1 in the
encounter.
According to reports reaching Masterweb News Desk,
four armed men trailed nine soccer fans back to their
hotel in Nelspruit, South Africa, invading their rooms and
robbing them, allegedly despoiling a female victim. Steve Gaynor, one of the victims who had $10,000 worth of
equipments stolen from him said the robbers were
Nigerians. He said the men were armed with rifles and
handguns, and five of the victims, including himself and
the despoiled female, Australians. According to Gaynor, one
of the victims, an off-duty Australian Federal Police officer, for safety reasons, kept others calm during the
robbery and assault. ( Continues below…… ) Photo Above: Steve Gaynor, one of the World Cup
robbery victims. “I had watched the match from the hotel that night and about 12.30 am three cars arrived back at the hotel and
people started filing in. I was in the bar and some people
came in there while others went back to their rooms. We
were oblivious to what was going on. These poor kids
were tied up, held at gunpoint and robbed. My room was
robbed, but luckily I wasn’t in there when they broke through the window.” Gaynor was quoted as telling reporters.
“They took cash, jewelry and watches off the people they had tied up and stole phones and laptops. It was robbery
with violence. One guy was on the floor and the man had
his boot on his head and told him not to move or he is
dead - it was serious.” Gaynor added. Masterweb will keep you updated as more information
becomes available."
After this was said about nigerians, the hotel manager,a man who grew up in south africa and has witnessed both nigerians and south africans alike denied the allegations that the robbers were nigerians.
This was then published
"Masterweb News Team contacted Mr. Kurt Mulder, owner of
Hamilton Parks Country Lodge where four gunmen robbed
World Cup soccer fans guests of the hotel. He told our news
team reaching him on the phone that the gunmen were South
Africans and not Nigerians. On asking him how he knew the
identity of the gunmen he said: “I am a South African and should know South Africans when I see them. Above all, I am
an African and you know we know ourselves – I can tell a South African from a Nigerian.” He said the female victim was not despoiled, but tied up along with others including him, in
the same room. Mulder said he was 2 meters away from the
female victim and did not see her assaulted by the robbers.
Hamilton Parks Country Lodge is in Hazyview, an isolated
area north-east of Johannesburg, South Africa. The hotel
according to Masterweb investigations, has witnessed several robbery incidents which South African police failed to
investigate appropriately. Several robberies have also
occurred at Kruger National Park around the corner from
Hamilton Parks Country Lodge, without significant arrests by
South African police. ( Continues below…… ) Photo Above: Hamilton Parks Country Lodge, Hazyview,
South Africa. Masterweb investigations revealed the gunmen did not trail
the soccer fans, but hid in the bushland surrounding the hotel.
Hamilton Parks Country Lodge is surrounded by over 250
hectares of indigenous bushland. Shortly after midnight, after
fans arrived the hotel from the World Cup match between
Australia and Serbia, the hotel owner, who doubled as manager, stepped out to welcome them into the hotel, but
was accosted by the gunmen. The robbers ordered him at
gunpoint to “get back in.” He went in and the gunmen locked the door, ordering everyone in that section of the hotel,
including the owner, to lie down. They tied their hands behind
their backs with shoestrings and robbed them of valuables,
including, cell (mobile) phones, laptops, passports, money,
etc. They also went from room to room stealing all that were
of interest to them. Captain Jacky Mbuyane, South African police officer investigating the crime, said the Australian
female victim was sexually assaulted, and got medical
treatment, but she was not despoiled. In his words: “Emotionally, she was hurt. She was upset.” ( Continues below…… ) Photo Above: Map of South Africa The victims were freed after the robbers left. South Africa
police and embassies of victims were contacted with details
of the incident. Consular officials from Australian High
Commission in Pretoria assisted victims in getting medical
treatment, issuing emergency travel documents to their
citizens."
Many nigerians like myself on reading this became angry as to how nigeria is always the first suspect in a crime without proof or evidence

It is truly annoying but if Nigerians do not have a reputation for such,nobody will think in that direction.
A similar analogy is when you hear of a bomb blast that crashed a plane killing everybody in it,which group of peple do you first suspect even without any evidence yet?
Re: Hotel Manager Dispels Allegations That Masked Robbers That Robbed His Hotel Are Nigerians After Fore by Dolemite(f): 2:48am On Aug 25, 2010
VALIDATOR:

A similar analogy is when you hear of a bomb blast that crashed a plane killing everybody in it,which group of peple do you first suspect even without any evidence yet?
I get your point, corruption in Nigeria has eaten deep.

(1) (Reply)

Talk To Ibb Live ! / Pastor Commits Suicide In Akwa Ibom / Is Nairaland Worth 10 Million Naira?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.