Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,627 members, 7,823,760 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

IELTS: 'very Brilliant' And 'very Huge' Are Wrong Expressions. Find Out Why? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IELTS: 'very Brilliant' And 'very Huge' Are Wrong Expressions. Find Out Why? (354 Views)

Nigerians Are Very Brilliant! See This App That Was Developed To Convert Your .. / What's The Difference Between Being Brilliant And Intelligent? / Oxford Dictionary Adds 29 Nigerian Words, Expressions In January Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

IELTS: 'very Brilliant' And 'very Huge' Are Wrong Expressions. Find Out Why? by kingIfey(m): 7:41am On Feb 15, 2019
#Tips_for_sitting_IELTS

Do you know about extreme adjectives?
Take a look at these sentences.

I am doing very fantastic❌
I am doing fantastic ✔
I am doing absolutely fantastic✔

Your room is very filthy ❌
Your room is (absolutely or utterly) filthy.

You heart is extremely spotless❌
Your heart is absolutely spotless✔

Your food is very delicious ❌
Your food is absolutely delicious ✔

The baby looks extremely thin ❌
The baby looks (utterly) thin✔

He is very brilliant ❌
He is quite/absolutely brilliant ✔

He is very huge ❌
He is (absolutely) huge ✔

The lady is very hilarious. You will like her.❌
The lady is hilarious . You will like her.✔

Your handwriting is very tiny❌
Your handwriting is (quite) tiny✔

That's a very terrible thing to do❌
That's a terrible tubing to do✔

Extreme adjectives should not be used with very and extremely. They are already extreme. You can use them with absolutely, utterly and quite, but not very.

Learn and keep learning.

There are a lot of errors in the English language and if you want to speak it and write it better, you have to discover something about this language at least once a day.

If you have more examples of extreme adjectives, please mention them so that we allcan can learn.

If you want to sit IELTS , you need make a list of extreme adjectives and avoid using them with 'very' and 'extremely'

I am King Ifey, your resident linguist and I love to see you prosper.

Get more information about the training I offer .
This training will help you speak better in just three months.

(https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2165878840409399&id=100009619128498)

(1) (Reply)

SELF REFRENCING / Jambites Examination Support For Only 25 Students / Vice-chancellors Of Universities In South-east Converge At AE-FUNAI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.