Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Valentine’s Day: Nigerians Spend N30bn On Gifts, Luxury Items - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Valentine’s Day: Nigerians Spend N30bn On Gifts, Luxury Items (17707 Views)

65m Nigerians Spend $15 Daily On Betting’ — FG Proposes Gaming Industry Tax / See How Nigerians Spend For Christmas / Top 10 Things Nigerians Spend Their Money On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Valentine’s Day: Nigerians Spend N30bn On Gifts, Luxury Items by tobdave(m): 1:10pm On Feb 15, 2019
walahi I no believe l
Re: Valentine’s Day: Nigerians Spend N30bn On Gifts, Luxury Items by RexTramadol1: 1:11pm On Feb 15, 2019
Na una dey even cause poverty pass

1 Like

Re: Valentine’s Day: Nigerians Spend N30bn On Gifts, Luxury Items by frubben(m): 1:11pm On Feb 15, 2019
my money no dey inside. so am moving on

1 Like

Re: Valentine’s Day: Nigerians Spend N30bn On Gifts, Luxury Items by Aventon(f): 1:12pm On Feb 15, 2019
Haha I very much doubt that this is true
Re: Valentine’s Day: Nigerians Spend N30bn On Gifts, Luxury Items by Smile4daddy(m): 1:12pm On Feb 15, 2019
After spending this huge amount to get gifts just to please their Zombies girlfriends with borehole puxxy,

The Moronz men will come NL, to blame Buhari responsible for their miserable life.

Valentine na person name nor be tradition.

1 Like

Re: Valentine’s Day: Nigerians Spend N30bn On Gifts, Luxury Items by Jacktheripper: 1:13pm On Feb 15, 2019
Deicide:
Big lie, the population of Nigeria is 180million plus meaning even if every citizen spends 1 million on val it wouldn't still be up to that angry

Visit your secondary school and ask for a refund of school fees.
Re: Valentine’s Day: Nigerians Spend N30bn On Gifts, Luxury Items by IloveToMess: 1:14pm On Feb 15, 2019
Has anyone noticed the only two sentences APC zombies always drop here and there like fowl poo is, "your votes are irrelevant" and "your eyes go clear after the election". grin grin grin

These people have not wasted any opportunity to tell us how irrelevant our votes are yet their body language tell us the opposite, cos the way they jump on threads that support Atiku shows they are afraid of us and not the other way round. And so after my keen observation I make my submission as thus.

Since it is the last days for APC and just like the devil they will kick they will bite they will manufacture documents, doctor tapes ,videos and so on just to get our sympathy, but do not be dismayed, the killings in Benue will and must cease after February 16, we shall remove the same man who his own wife told us is no longer in charge of his Government, a man who's wife revealed to us that only two men hijacked his Government, and urged the youths to rise up in a revolution, that man is who we are sending back to Daura to rest in peace.

A vote for Atiku is a show of strength in our power to defeat evil, to kick out incompetence anytime we want, and to prove to them that the actual power belongs to us.

God bless Waziri Atiku Abubakar on his victory
God bless our 'China' man Okwute Peter Obi.
God bless the PDP
God bless Nigeria...
Re: Valentine’s Day: Nigerians Spend N30bn On Gifts, Luxury Items by Nobody: 1:14pm On Feb 15, 2019
I think it's true. When I earn then I can confirm. But it looks legit.
Jh0wsef:

Hm. How true is this?
Re: Valentine’s Day: Nigerians Spend N30bn On Gifts, Luxury Items by DONADAMS(m): 1:15pm On Feb 15, 2019
big lie...I didn't spend a kobo and I know hundreds that didn't
Re: Valentine’s Day: Nigerians Spend N30bn On Gifts, Luxury Items by Nobody: 1:15pm On Feb 15, 2019
You can try this one though.
Jh0wsef:

Hm. How true is this?

Re: Valentine’s Day: Nigerians Spend N30bn On Gifts, Luxury Items by almakiyyun(m): 1:16pm On Feb 15, 2019
Let me see the bastard that will and PMB the reason behind his laziness.
Re: Valentine’s Day: Nigerians Spend N30bn On Gifts, Luxury Items by Nobody: 1:16pm On Feb 15, 2019
Deicide:
Big lie, the population of Nigeria is 180million plus meaning even if every citizen spends 1 million on val it wouldn't still be up to that angry

Of course it's a lie, but ur maths is however rusty

Cos 1million X 180million, that's over 180billion.......

2 Likes

Re: Valentine’s Day: Nigerians Spend N30bn On Gifts, Luxury Items by Deicide: 1:17pm On Feb 15, 2019
Jacktheripper:

Visit your secondary school and ask for a refund of school fees.
Why?
Re: Valentine’s Day: Nigerians Spend N30bn On Gifts, Luxury Items by PythonDancer: 1:18pm On Feb 15, 2019
seunogunmolu1:
whether 100 billion dollars was spent in valentine, all what i know is those people shouting like for Buhari share for Atiku will stop the nonsense by Sunday evening, and what will trend for extra 2 weeks will be the election was rigged.
Buhari will be declared winner on Monday
Re: Valentine’s Day: Nigerians Spend N30bn On Gifts, Luxury Items by DONADAMS(m): 1:18pm On Feb 15, 2019
Deicide:
who taught you maths?

1 Like

Re: Valentine’s Day: Nigerians Spend N30bn On Gifts, Luxury Items by Hoodbilonia: 1:18pm On Feb 15, 2019
I spent 2k
1k5 in some few gallons
5h on beer
Drove bac home by 10pm
Re: Valentine’s Day: Nigerians Spend N30bn On Gifts, Luxury Items by Nobody: 1:20pm On Feb 15, 2019
shocked
How una know?
Re: Valentine’s Day: Nigerians Spend N30bn On Gifts, Luxury Items by Offpoint: 1:22pm On Feb 15, 2019
Deicide:
Who was your math teacher? so 1m x 180m is not up to 30b.... 5daful

1 Like

Re: Valentine’s Day: Nigerians Spend N30bn On Gifts, Luxury Items by IloveToMess: 1:23pm On Feb 15, 2019
Has anyone noticed the only two sentences APC zombies always drop here and there like fowl poo is, "your votes are irrelevant" and "your eyes go clear after the election". grin grin grin

These people have not wasted any opportunity to tell us how irrelevant our votes are yet their body language tell us the opposite, cos the way they jump on threads that support Atiku shows they are afraid of us and not the other way round. And so after my keen observation I make my submission as thus.

Since it is the last days for APC and just like the devil they will kick they will bite they will manufacture documents, doctor tapes ,videos and so on just to get our sympathy, but do not be dismayed, the killings in Benue will and must cease after February 16, we shall remove the same man who his own wife told us is no longer in charge of his Government, a man who's wife revealed to us that only two men hijacked his Government, and urged the youths to rise up in a revolution, that man is who we are sending back to Daura to rest in peace.

A vote for Atiku is a show of strength in our power to defeat evil, to kick out incompetence anytime we want, and to prove to them that the actual power belongs to us.

God bless Waziri Atiku Abubakar on his victory
God bless our 'China' man Okwute Peter Obi.
God bless the PDP
God bless Nigeria...
Re: Valentine’s Day: Nigerians Spend N30bn On Gifts, Luxury Items by Dearlord(m): 1:24pm On Feb 15, 2019
What could the world have become without celebrations & funerals?

Gift ain't love
Re: Valentine’s Day: Nigerians Spend N30bn On Gifts, Luxury Items by jakandeola(m): 1:24pm On Feb 15, 2019
Onyemadonald:
The Saint Valentine’s Day celebration marked globally may have cost Nigerians about N30 billion spent on purchase of gifts and luxury items to loved ones.

Valentine’s Day, or St Valentine’s Day, is celebrated yearly across the world on February 14. It is the day when people show their affection for one another or people by sending cards, flowers or chocolates with messages of love.

Speaking on a live Television programme- Business Morning monitored on Channels TV yesterday, Senior Economist, SPM Professionals, Mr. Paul Alaje, said that it was estimated that about 40 percent of the country’s 200 million population will spend an average of N5,000 to celebrate St Valentine’s Day.
Alaje explained that the confectionary, entertainment, telecommunications, beverages and drinks and the flower industry will be major beneficiaries of N30 billion figures to be spent. Many families and loved ones would buy cakes, visit the cinemas, restaurants and also purchase Rose flowers in bid to make the celebration a memorable one.

The economist further explained that the Information Communication Technology (ICT) sector is also a major beneficiary as many Nigerians will make voice and internet calls while others will opt to send text messages, adding that those without internet subscription and call credit would be forced to recharge same.

A member of the economic think tank, Financial Derivatives Limited, Temitope Olugbile, said those in the business of ballons and chocolates will equally be making brisk business.
However, she regretted that Nigeria was not getting much value from its cocoa as the major chunk of it are exported and later imported back into the country as chocolates, thereby creating jobs for other citizens of the world.

In Lagos, some of the restaurants and confectionary outlet visted by Daily Sun, recorded huge turn out of customers as long queues of customers were seen making frantic efforts to make payments for products bought. At the popular Ikeja City Mall at Alausa, Ikeja, young lads were seen in most stores buying perfumes and clothings, while others in the restaurants were having fun time with their friends and loved ones as at launch time.

The Shoprite store at Alausa also made huge sales as all the cashier points had long queues of customers waiting in line to make payment for items bought. Meanwhile, Americans according to a new survey, will be collectively spending a whopping $30 billion on gifts for their families, partners, and themselves for the Valentine Day.

SOURCE: https://www.trendingaccounting.com/2019/02/valentines-day-nigerians-spend-n30bn-on.html
my woman got me customize shirt of 10k.I feels so happy. I love you forever folami
Re: Valentine’s Day: Nigerians Spend N30bn On Gifts, Luxury Items by Deicide: 1:27pm On Feb 15, 2019
1StopRudeness:

Of course it's a lie, but ur maths is however rusty

Cos 1million X 180million= 180billion.......
grin Oh i see it now my bad i was dividing by each individual.
Re: Valentine’s Day: Nigerians Spend N30bn On Gifts, Luxury Items by MPESA(m): 1:28pm On Feb 15, 2019
Deicide:
[s]Big lie, the population of Nigeria is 180million plus meaning even if every citizen spends 1 million on val it wouldn't still be up to that angry[/s]

You still believed that Nigeria is still 180m by population over 16yrs ago or are you saying WE Nigerians are like Buhari Cows that don't increase or reproduce since 3-4yrs now.
Re: Valentine’s Day: Nigerians Spend N30bn On Gifts, Luxury Items by megabosslevelz: 1:28pm On Feb 15, 2019
LMAO
Nigerians and unwise spendings are 5&6

1 Like

Re: Valentine’s Day: Nigerians Spend N30bn On Gifts, Luxury Items by Nobody: 1:32pm On Feb 15, 2019
Believe this bullsh!t at your own risk.
Re: Valentine’s Day: Nigerians Spend N30bn On Gifts, Luxury Items by Depot(m): 1:32pm On Feb 15, 2019
me no give anyone and nobody gave me.
Re: Valentine’s Day: Nigerians Spend N30bn On Gifts, Luxury Items by Deicide: 1:32pm On Feb 15, 2019
MPESA:

You still believed that Nigeria is still 180m by population over 16yrs ago or are you saying WE Nigerians are like Buhari Cows that don't increase or reproduce since 3-4yrs now.
Even after i strike through the post you still quoted me grin The info there is wrong that why i striked it.
Re: Valentine’s Day: Nigerians Spend N30bn On Gifts, Luxury Items by 12345baba(m): 1:36pm On Feb 15, 2019
Na Love Machine go dey sell pass
Re: Valentine’s Day: Nigerians Spend N30bn On Gifts, Luxury Items by Dinho20(m): 1:37pm On Feb 15, 2019
TO HELL WITH VALENTINE;

VALENTINE DAY IS NOTHING BUT VANITY: MY PEOPLE ARE DESTROYED FOR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE; VALENTINE'S DAY IS ONE OF THE DEVIL'S STRATEGIES TO DESTROY HUMAN BEINGS. PEOPLE USE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO BE SPREADING DISEASES EVERYWHERE IN THE NAME OF LOVE. THE DEVIL USES THIS STRATEGY TO LURE PEOPLE INTO HELL BY UNLEASHING HIS AGENTS OF DARKNESS TO DEVOUR PEOPLE. ANYONE WHO LOVES YOU SHOULD BUY SOMETHING FOR YOU ANY DAY AND ANY TIME, AND NOT ON A PARTICULAR DAY. BEWARE OF THIS SO CALLED VALENTINE DAY....DON'T FALL A VICTIM....

1 Like

Re: Valentine’s Day: Nigerians Spend N30bn On Gifts, Luxury Items by Jayslicky: 1:38pm On Feb 15, 2019
Smile4daddy:
After spending this huge amount to get gifts just to please their Zombies girlfriends with borehole puxxy,

The Moronz men will come NL, to blame Buhari responsible for their miserable life.

Valentine na person name nor be tradition.
30bn naira for a country of 100million males, that is an average of 300naira per person which is little, it shows nigerians care less about valentine.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tony Elumelu Foundation, TEF List Of Selected Entrepreneur 2019 Is Out! / South Africa's Truworths Exits Nigeria / Naira Plummets To All-time Low Of 472/dollar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.