Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,609 members, 7,847,552 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 08:30 PM

The Heart Notes - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Heart Notes (394 Views)

A Cut In The Heart (A True Life Story) / The Heart � Robber / 16 Notes On How To End A Life By Akachi Chukwuemeka. UNN Suicidal Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Heart Notes by JayCynic(m): 3:43am On Feb 16, 2019
Foreword

This is actually my first story on Nairaland. It might not be the literary masterpiece you are expecting but im going to try as much as possible to bring out my A-game into this stuff. This is a Story of Romance, Wistfulness, Affection, Music, Hustle and Youthful Glow. It is not a true life story, but it's influenced by my life experiences as an up and coming rapper. My major objective of writing this story is not solely to entertain but to try and see how much I can keep things real and portray a real picture using an imaginary pallet. I hope you really do enjoy the story. Also help and mention people too. Happy Reading.

Episode 1

"Job is almost done." Nduke said as he carried out the bucket of White Saclux Paint, now half-filled with a mixture of water and paint blobs to the backyard. He poured out the liquid content of the bucket at the bush behind which served as the general disposal square for dumping refuse in the compound. He went inside and examined the room again from several viewes and angles, he then smiled to himself.

Satisfied with his work and happy that his room would be ready in the next few hours, he locked up and went out to get himself some refreshment, he was on a torn singlet and jean shorts, which were decorated with irregular stains of white emulsion paints. Sitting on the pavement of his apartment building, enjoying his Nigerian ambience of Bigi and LaCasera. He was soaked deep in thoughts- thoughts of his mother back in Calabar, and how she was faring. He had come to Port Harcourt a few days ago from home with a strong will to fulfill his music dreams. Having been stuck for two years by Uniuyo and Unical's refusal to offer him admission, he took it upon himself to move forward by enrolling himself in a music academy, and so began his journey to Rivers State. Although his Mom was initially against his arrangement, he had managed to convince his mother of the course of action he was taking, he knew he was a music prodigy, his mother knew he had super-talent and knowledge when he stepped on music turf, most of his Secondary School classmates were astounded by his ability to rhyme words in a clever manner, not to talk of his tongue-twisting skills, ladies tripped for his unique walking style and his fluent spoken English, and on top of all that, he had a cool, but not excellent singing voice as well. He was nicknamed "Duke-Shakur" by his peers, most of which had gotten admission into the University. Leaving only him and his best friend James to their destinies, especially as they were alike in every aspect.

Now he had raised enough money through the "helpful risks" of bet9ja to help him settle down in a whole new environment. NEVILLE INSTITUTE OF RECORDING ARTS, PH (NIRA) was his dream school- a Scottish founded Music School reputable for it's many reverred talents and exports in the Nigerian Industry. He had spent almost half of his lucky bread to fund his admission into this Institution. The rest of his money was spent on scoring his housing settlement. He had paid the rent on Tuesday, and he still had a tangible amount remaining. His whole week was heavily trafficked by the moving in process, he bought a mattress, rubber tiles, gas cooker, a cupboard, plastic buckets, pots, plates and culinary utensils, a reading table, a standing fan, electric iron and a lot of other stuff he intended to use. After painting, he would go in and start setting everything in order and his room would be fully ready. He had come a long way, he thought to himself, he had come a very long way.

"Hey, Are you Nduka?" she startled him.
"Oh, Hi" Nduke replied, awkwardly surprised. She wore a pink sweater and blue bum-shorts. And on top of those wools, she wore authority and rebuff. He had saw her approaching earlier on, but was too dipped in his thoughts to notice.

"Are you Nduka?" She asked unexpressionedly.
"Yep, but it's pronounced Nduke actually" He spoke as nicely and sweetly as he could.
"Right" she continued with upheld disinterest.

"Well my dad has sent me to give this to you, Yeah, thats your confirmation of payment. It will serve as your rent receipt, and errrr, he also said I should give this to you, that contains the compound rules and regulations."
Nduke collected the two A-4 sized papers and glanced through them with a sharp scroll.
"Okay, Thank You."
"And just look at those snack stuffs, we don't litter the surroundings here ooooo"
"Ooooohh, Sorry I just finished painting the room, so I decided to refresh a little here while the walls get dried."
"Well whatever, you should know that this place is usually put out at 120,000, and we are just absorbing you with your 84K, so you better stay well ooooo" Nduke looked at her face for a moment, and gosh she was dead beautiful as she spoke
"No ooooo, I'm sorry ma" He apologized.
She didn't answer him, she instead turned away with a glorious catwalk.

2 Likes

Re: The Heart Notes by noni14(m): 5:27pm On Feb 16, 2019
bring it on OP

(1) (Reply)

I Need Two Creative Top-notch SEO Articl Writers For A Large Volume Of Work ASAP / In My Feelings / Motivational Quote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.