Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,181 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

The Heart � Robber - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Heart � Robber (13747 Views)

The Heart Robber / She Didn't Know She Was In Love With An Armed Robber's Son / A Cut In The Heart (A True Life Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Heart � Robber by LoveToRead: 10:03pm On Nov 09, 2019
Dear friends and fellow Nairalanders, I present 'The Heart Robber' to you.

Happy reading.

https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_heart_robber/29973

Love Toread

© 2019

Pix: Courtesy, Pexel

East of the Ikeja G.R.A in Lagos, the giant gates of a white, grandiose duplex were opened by the security man. The brand new, sleek BMW 440 drove inside the posh house. It parked close to the parking space while the turbo-charged six-cylinder engine went into slow running. The rear, right door opened and a dainty, pretty lady stepped out.

“Welcome, madam,’’ Sule, the security man greeted, waving at her and showing his brownish teeth in a short smile.

Without saying a word, Benita raised her right hand in what looked like a wave, strapped her handbag to her right shoulder and entered the grand building.

She went straight to the staircase and to the upper stair. The master bedroom was the second to the left after the second sitting-room. The coolness of the large room welcomed her. It was the room she shared with her husband.

She put her handbag on the bed and started removing her shoes. It had been a busy day with one board-room meeting after another. She did not really enjoy long meetings, but she was learning to adapt fast. With the way things were unfolding, Teni Seni had hinted her that she should expect more participation in the intrigues and fascinations that came with boardroom politics.

“Benita, darling,’’ Teni had said. “Be prepared to do more of this. You’ll be my proxy in many meetings to come, after this.’’

Benita had smiled and had responded as if she was most grateful.

She removed her office wears and changed into a cream color satin night wear. It was a very sexy one, the type that her husband said drove him crazy. She had many of them, ranging from the backless, one size, sheer, lace, transparent lingerie to a miniskirt G-string sleepwear.

Some gentle knocks sounded on her door.

“Yes, come in,’’ Benita said.

The door was opened.

“Welcome, madam,’’ Ini, the house girl greeted.

“How’re you?’’

“Fine. I want to ask about the food I should prepare.’’

It was wonted of Ini to ask that question once the madam of the house returned from work.

“I don’t think I need any food this evening,’’ Benita replied. “Just get me a pack of apple fruits juice and some peanuts. That will be alright.’’

“Yes, ma.’’ Ini nodded and made to leave the room.

“Wait,’’ Benita said quickly. Teni had said he would be coming tonight. She picked her phone and called him. After many rings, he picked the phone.

“Hello, love,’’ she said. “What should the maid prepare for your dinner?’’

“Oh, I was about to call you. Sorry, I’m still with the senator. I won’t be able to come again tonight.’’

“Oh?’’

“Yes. Sorry about that. See you tomorrow morning.’’

“Okay, dear. Goodnight.’’

“Yeah. Goodnight.’’

She disconnected the line and turned to Ini.

“Alright. You can get what I asked you to get for me.’’

“Yes, madam.’’

Ini left the room and went downstairs to the kitchen. Despite the fact that her mistress asked for a fruit juice pack, she ensured that there were also a pack of pine apple fruit juice and orange fruit juice. She also took a packet of crunchy peanuts, set the items on a small tray, added a glass cup and took the tray to the dining table.

You can get the full download from:
https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_heart_robber/29973

Get the free preview: https://m.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_heart_robber__preview/29975

4 Likes

Re: The Heart � Robber by FairCritic(m): 7:48am On Nov 10, 2019
Nice.
Re: The Heart � Robber by Ann2012(f): 8:48am On Nov 10, 2019
Following
Re: The Heart � Robber by Zamar: 6:07pm On Nov 10, 2019
Good one.
Re: The Heart � Robber by LoveToRead: 9:29am On Nov 11, 2019
She disconnected the line and turned to Ini.

“Alright. You can get what I asked you to get for me.’’

“Yes, madam.’’

Ini left the room and went downstairs to the kitchen. Despite the fact that her mistress asked for a fruit juice pack, she ensured that there were also a pack of pine apple fruit juice and orange fruit juice.

She also took a packet of crunchy peanuts, set the items on a small tray, added a glass cup and took the tray to the dining table.

Benita was miffed that Teni would not be coming this evening. For the past six months she had been married to him, she could count the number of times they had slept together on her fingers. It had been a lush affair being married to a multi-millionaire like him.

She had been living in luxury; which was what she had always longed for.

But there was this deficiency of his not always being around. One factor responsible for this was the fact that he already had a wife. Yes, he already had a wife and three grown up kids.

His first family, she realized to her chagrin, still played prime role in his life. The second factor was his busy schedules. He was always meeting business partners and going on business trips.

The business aspects were not bad as they were bringing in more wealth and comfort. But must he do these to her detriments? Must he subject her to lonely nights all because he had some other commitments? Where was the “unadulterated love’’ he had professed for her?

In another part of the G.R.A, Donald Ariyo breezed inside The Gold-Plated Club few minutes after seven p.m. The night club provided deserved relaxation and privacy for him after the day’s job. At the bar, he ordered for champagne.

Donald Ariyo was a connoisseur who would always give kudos to Dom Perignon for finding a way to preserve the effervescence of wine and maintaining the sparkling. He preferred the brut nature, the one without sugar.

But his relaxation would not be complete without the barbecue. He always went for the one with variety of meat, and with thick and sweet sauce.
This he savored with his drinks. Thirty minutes after he arrived at the club, Tina came to join him.

“Hello, dear. Sorry to keep you waiting,’’ she said, an apologetic grin on her face.

He gave her a short smile. She was always coming late for her appointment, and she was always apologizing. Tina was a fashion journalist with a cable television.

He had met her about two months ago at a social event organized by one of his friends. At forty-two, Donald was “happily’’ married with two daughters, but that would not stop him from having flings now and then.

But, perhaps it was an overstatement to describe him as “happily’’ married. Married, yes, but the element of happiness had long ceased to be part of the marriage. On her part, Mide would have been a loving and submissive wife. She was a beautiful nurse who looked at her children with pride.

What she found appalling was her husband’s indefatigable tendency to philander.

In the first ten years of marriage, Donald was not like that. Then, sweet Donald appeared to be the sweetest of a dream sweetheart. Now, his philandering act was so much she was not sure he would not even go for a plastic doll that wore nice skirt.

“You’re welcome,’’ he told Tina.

“Oh, I can see that you’re already having a nice time.’’

“Yeah. Join me.’’

That was why she had come around in the first place. Tina was soon taking drinks and the spicy meats with him.

“How are the fashions shows and the coverage going?’’ he asked.

“Fine. Did I tell you that Daniella Fashions has a show tomorrow?’’

Don shook his head. He was not a fashion freak. How was he supposed to know about that? Tina went on to talk about how interesting the outing would be. He nodded, but he was barely listening.

You can get the full download: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_heart_robber/29973

2 Likes

Re: The Heart � Robber by FairCritic(m): 5:36pm On Nov 11, 2019
Nice story.
Re: The Heart � Robber by aprilwise(m): 7:33pm On Nov 11, 2019
Nice one.
Re: The Heart � Robber by Janet96(f): 5:09pm On Nov 12, 2019
Thanks for the update.
Re: The Heart � Robber by Ann2012(f): 8:16pm On Nov 12, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: The Heart � Robber by BigBasher: 8:09am On Nov 13, 2019
LoveToRead:

What she found appalling was her husband’s indefatigable tendency to philander.

Oga, small small.
Re: The Heart � Robber by izaray(f): 11:21am On Nov 14, 2019
Following!

1 Like

Re: The Heart � Robber by LoveToRead: 3:35pm On Nov 14, 2019
That was why she had come around in the first place. Tina was soon taking drinks and the spicy meats with him.

“How are the fashions shows and the coverage going?’’ he asked.

“Fine. Did I tell you that Daniella Fashions has a show tomorrow?’’

Don shook his head. He was not a fashion freak. How was he supposed to know about that? Tina went on to talk about how interesting the outing would be. He nodded, but he was barely listening.

His mind went to his place of work. At Seni Group of Companies, a conglomerate of companies that was into construction, estate, hotel management, tourism, and oil and gas, he was the Finance Director.

In that position, he had interacted with many ladies, many of whom he described as interesting. Despite his love for women, he had succeeded in maintaining some decorum at his place of work. His ladies always came from “outside’’, just like the case of Tina.

Two hours later, he was ready to leave the club. He went to settle his bills with the POS, just like he had been doing recently.

“Here, we go.’’ He steered Tina out of the building to the club car park where his car glistered under the security lights.

Since his official driver had been dismissed about five p.m., he would have to be the one to drive. He opened the Toyota Avalon and slid behind the wheel.

“Let’s go to our love nest for real actions,’’ he said as he started the car and drove it towards the exit gate of the club.

Rita knew what he meant by that. “I’m sorry I’m in a kind of hurry,’’ she said.

He looked surprised. “Hurry to go where?’’

“Home. My boyfriend expects me in his place tonight.’’

He didn’t like that answer. It was true that there was no “string attached’’ in the relationship, but using the boyfriend as an excuse not to have intimate time with him would not be accepted.

“So, what are you saying?’’

He drove the car to exit the club and joined the main road.

“What I’m actually saying is that I would not be able to spend a long time with you.’’

He sighed and nodded. That was a better way to put it. It was better she tried to use some finesse, wasn’t it?

He drove to the small hotel along Opebi Road. That was always their love-making rendezvous. The short time they would be spending together there would be memorable, he thought gleefully.

Several minutes later, his session with Tina was over and he drove to Ogba. His three-bedroom apartment was at Acme Road. He parked at the lot and moved inside to the first floor.

His flat was by the right. In the sitting-room, his three children, aged between twelve and seven were watching Nickelodeon.

His wife was on night duty at the private hospital where she worked as a senior nursing officer. But he would not be missing her. He rarely did again.

On Tuesday morning, Benita had a warm, soothing bath and prepared for work. After rubbing her body with oil of Olay, the face received an anti-aging face cream moisturizer that contained rose scent and hyaluronic acid.

She sprayed Elizabeth Arden White Diamond Night fragrance on her body. The satin blouse atop the classic grey midi skirt was the choice for her dress.

She admired herself before the giant mirror in the bedroom before picking her Gucci bag and stepping out.

It was 7.10 a.m. The driver was waiting for her at the lot. Although she had options, she would still prefer to go with the BMW 440 today. Without any ado, the driver started the car and drove it out of the house. It took just about half an hour to arrive at the Alausa Business District office of the conglomerate.

She took the elevator to the third floor. As an Executive Director of the conglomerate, courtesy – of course – of her husband, she had an expansive office that befitted her status. Her secretary welcomed her with the customary smile.

“Good morning, madam.’’

“Good morning, Mrs. Dauda.’’

She was much older than Benita. Besides, she had years of experience too as a professional secretary. But then, Benita was the boss.

The air-conditioning system in her office was already on. That made the place to be cold. Benita loved it like that. She settled down behind her big executive desk. The day’s work had started in earnest.

You can download full story: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_heart_robber/29973
Re: The Heart � Robber by BigBasher: 9:49am On Nov 15, 2019
Thanks for the update. More grease to your elbow.
Re: The Heart � Robber by Saturn101: 7:29am On Nov 16, 2019
Nice update.
Re: The Heart � Robber by Ann2012(f): 8:21am On Nov 16, 2019
Well done OP
Re: The Heart � Robber by LoveToRead: 3:31pm On Nov 16, 2019
Ann2012:
Well done OP

BigBasher:

quote author=Ann2012 post=84070871]Well done OP[/quote]

Many thanks.

izaray:
Following!
Ann2012:
Well done OP

BigBasher:

quote author=Ann2012 post=84070871]Well done OP[/quote]

Many thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Heart � Robber by LoveToRead: 8:37am On Nov 18, 2019
She took the elevator to the third floor. As an Executive Director of the conglomerate, courtesy – of course – of her husband, she had an expansive office that befitted her status. Her secretary welcomed her with the customary smile.

“Good morning, madam.’’

“Good morning, Mrs. Dauda.’’

She was much older than Benita. Besides, she had years of experience too as a professional secretary. But then, Benita was the boss.

The air-conditioning system in her office was already on. That made the place to be cold. Benita loved it like that. She settled down behind her big executive desk. The day’s work had started in earnest.

At thirty-five, she considered herself not too young to occupy the position she occupied in the office. When Seni ceased to be the Group Chairman, she would not mind becoming the next occupant of the seat.

Well, it was not that she would not mind, she would actually want to be the next person to occupy that coveted position. It was a tall ambition, but it wasn’t a crime to dream.

Benita was the vivacious Personal Assistant to Seni before he decided that consummating the secret relationship he had with her by marrying her would be a most desired decision.

People were quite surprised that Benita could find her way to his heart in that assertive and authoritative manner. It didn’t take long for such people to conclude that some psychological or spiritual manipulation might have been used.

Love portions were not too far to be mentioned in a case like this. Benita suspected what some people might be thinking or saying, but she did not mind. Initially, the marriage was kept as a secret as his first wife, Modupe, didn’t know about the affairs.

But that was not for long. Weeks after Benita started bearing his name, Modupe read it in a social tabloid that Seni had secretly taken a second wife. The picture that went with the story indicated that it was no other person other than the erstwhile Personal Assistant, Benita.

Modupe had raved and had called him names. She reminded him about how they had weathered the storm together as a young couple. Things were not exactly easy then, but they had persevered together.

There was a time the landlord of their rented flat had threatened eviction over non- payment of rent and she rallied round to raise the money.

Despite all these setbacks, Modupe had remained faithful. It was, therefore, a complete act of ingratitude for him to take another wife now, she had berated. Well, the deal had been done, Seni had argued, and she had to live by that reality.

Benita was happy about the “feat.’’ It was just the first phase of her actions. Things were happening the way she wanted them to be. The other plans too must come to fruition.

That was what she intended to do.
About few minutes to one o’clock, the Finance Director came to present some records. She scanned through and then nodded approvingly.

“Alright, Mr. Ariyo. Thanks.’’

“Thank you, madam.’’ He rose up to go.

“I understand you’re happily married.’’

Donald stopped. He grinned sheepishly.

“Yes, I am.’’

Benita chuckled. “But, is that really true? Are you really happily married?’’

Now, what kind of question was that? What was her business if he was indeed happily married or not?

“Well …’’ he was saying, but she interrupted him.

“Mide is not exactly pleased with your ways of life,’’ Benita said.

He was surprised to hear that. “What do you mean?’’

She smiled at him. “I mean she’s not completely happy with you, or is she?’’

How did she know that? To what extent did she know? He found himself asking in his mind. “What made you come to that conclusion?’’ he said.

“Let’s just say I’m quite good in discerning things. Let me ask you, are you really pleased with her? Do you still love her?’’

Donald was still on his feet. Maybe it was better if he sat down. He moved back to the chair.

“Sit down, please,’’ she offered.

Nodding, he was back on the seat where he had sat down.

You can download full story: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_heart_robber/29973

2 Likes

Re: The Heart � Robber by Noblejohn32(m): 10:17am On Nov 18, 2019
Whoah!
Loving this story like. Kilode
Re: The Heart � Robber by izaray(f): 4:18pm On Nov 18, 2019
OP, more ink to ur pen
Re: The Heart � Robber by Ann2012(f): 5:04pm On Nov 18, 2019
Interesting
Re: The Heart � Robber by LoveToRead: 8:01am On Nov 19, 2019
Ann2012:
Interesting

Noblejohn32:
Whoah! Loving this story like. Kilode

izaray:
OP, more ink to ur pen

Thanks a lot for your interests.

2 Likes

Re: The Heart � Robber by Zamar: 8:15pm On Nov 19, 2019
Nice story.
Re: The Heart � Robber by LoveToRead: 10:32am On Nov 20, 2019
Now, what kind of question was that? What was her business if he was indeed happily married or not?

“Well …’’ he was saying, but she interrupted him.

“Mide is not exactly pleased with your ways of life,’’ Benita said.

He was surprised to hear that. “What do you mean?’’

She smiled at him. “I mean she’s not completely happy with you, or is she?’’

How did she know that? To what extent did she know? He found himself asking in his mind.

“What made you come to that conclusion?’’ he said.

“Let’s just say I’m quite good in discerning things. Let me ask you, are you really pleased with her? Do you still love her?’’

Donald was still on his feet. Maybe it was better if he sat down. He moved back to the chair.

“Sit down, please,’’ she offered.

Nodding, he was back on the seat where he had sat down.

“Do you know why I’m asking all these?’’ she asked.

He sighed. “No, I don’t, and as a matter of fact, I was wondering why you were asking.
She nodded. “I asked because I realized you and I were in a similar situation.’’

He raised his brow. Really? “How?’’

“I’m not happy with my relationship. Neither are you happy with yours.’’

Briefly, he thought over what she said. It was news to him that she was not happy in her relationship.

How could she say that? She had married a billionaire and had become heiress to a fortune. Many ladies would do all they could do to find themselves in her shoes, so what could make her unhappy?

As for the aspect that he was not happy in his relationship, that was not very true. It was his wife that was not happy.

To him, he was simply having a good time with the ladies he frolicked around with. But if Benita wanted to believe that it was he that “was not happy with the union,’’ then let her believe whatever she chose to believe.

“You’re not happy in your relationship?’’ he asked.

She shook her head. “No, I’m not.’’

“Even with all the wealth at your disposal?’’

She shook her head again. “Even with all the wealth. Sometimes, what gives happiness goes beyond wealth.’’

He pursed his lips. Just what was this lady driving at? He suddenly realized that he had to be very careful with her.

Her husband was not only his boss, but his employer. He must tread carefully.

You can download full story from: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_heart_robber/29973

2 Likes

Re: The Heart � Robber by Zamar: 10:42pm On Nov 20, 2019
Nice story.

1 Like

Re: The Heart � Robber by FairCritic(m): 3:11pm On Nov 21, 2019
Thanks for the update..

1 Like

Re: The Heart � Robber by BigBasher: 9:12am On Nov 22, 2019
Good.

1 Like

Re: The Heart � Robber by Janet96(f): 9:01pm On Nov 22, 2019
[quote author=LoveToRead post=84198124

“You’re not happy in your relationship?’’ he asked.

She shook her head again. “Even with all the wealth. Sometimes, what gives happiness goes beyond wealth.’’

He pursed his lips. Just what was this lady driving at? He suddenly realized that he had to be very careful with her.

Her husband was not only his boss, but his employer. He must tread carefully.

Danger signal

1 Like

Re: The Heart � Robber by LoveToRead: 7:27am On Nov 23, 2019

He pursed his lips. Just what was this lady driving at? He suddenly realized that he had to be very careful with her. Her husband was not only his boss, but his employer. He must tread carefully.

She smiled at him again. “Thank you for your time, Mr. Donald Ariyo. Have a nice day.’’

He was surprised. Why, he had just thought he was in for a warm conversation. Surely, this lady had whims.

He stood up and nodded. “And you too.’’

This time, he walked slowly out of her office. Imagined or not, he felt she smiled at his back.

In the cabin of the Hawker 800 XP jet, Teni Seni sat back relaxingly on the leather, forward-facing seat.

The cabin was configured to seat eight people: it had a four-person club section, a three-person divan and one forward-facing seat. Seni’s seat was adjustable and could swivel 360 degrees.

The cabin itself was 21.3 feet long, 5.7 feet high and 6 feet wide. The baggage compartment was accessible in-flight and could contain 48 cubic feet of luggage.

The pilot cut down on the high cruise speed of 447 knots. Soon, it would be descending as it prepared to land at the local tarmac of the Murtala Mohammed Airport, Ikeja.

Captain Johnson Ani, an experienced pilot with over 3,000 hours of flying, was a capable hand that Seni could rely on. That was what Ani proved when he deftly landed and taxied the jet to a halt.

Seni got up from his seat. It was the end of another smooth ride.

From the in-built luggage compartment, Freddie brought a valise that belonged to his master. He was Seni’s Special Assistant and he had come to love his job.

It was he who replaced Benita in personally assisting the mogul. The door of the aircraft opened and the ladder stretched itself down.

Seni descended with Freddie on his heels. They walked briskly across the tarmac to the section where his car was waiting.
It was a bright day, the type that was good for any kind of business. Seni had just returned from a two-day visit to Yaoundé, Cameroun.

He had been to the central African country on business and had concluded plans to build a giant, ultra-modern shopping plaza in the city. He was happy it was another successful business outing.

As he got close to his Mercedes Benz S-Class, Taju, the guy that had come with the driver, quickly opened the rear, right door for him.

“Welcome, sir,’’ Taju greeted.

“Yeah, thanks.’’ Seni sat on the seat and the door was gently closed. Freddie joined him at the back seat while Taju went to sit beside the driver at the front.

Get the full story from: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_heart_robber/29973

3 Likes

Re: The Heart � Robber by cricifixo: 2:26pm On Nov 23, 2019
Interesting story, with u all the way

1 Like

Re: The Heart � Robber by Ann2012(f): 2:44pm On Nov 23, 2019
Well done OP

1 Like

Re: The Heart � Robber by YoungBruzzy(m): 3:10pm On Nov 23, 2019
Well done OP.

1 Like

Re: The Heart � Robber by YoungBruzzy(m): 3:10pm On Nov 23, 2019
Ann2012 darling, its been a while. How are you doing??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Blogs Of Famous Nigerian Writers/Authors / Boredom Made Me Do It (A Lesbian Story). / INSOMNIA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.