Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

Your Favourite(s) Igbo Praise Names For God - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Your Favourite(s) Igbo Praise Names For God (57381 Views)

Oriki Ile Yoruba [yorubaland Praise] / Yoruba Names/Oriki For God / Urhobo Names (For My Baby) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Favourite(s) Igbo Praise Names For God by odumchi: 12:46am On May 10, 2012
Agbakwuru ezuru ike - he who gives rest of mind and peace when approached.

Igbe na eche ndu - the protector of lives.

Obasi di na elu - the God in the sky.

Di ezi omume - the father of good deeds.
Re: Your Favourite(s) Igbo Praise Names For God by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:36am On May 10, 2012
You guys need to hear my dear sweet mother pray. Very powerful and spiritual woman and I got the spiritual part from her; Here are some of the name she uses when we use to pray rosary before going to school; Ugwu ana ali atu egwu=The mountain that frightens one while they climbs it, Di nwanyi ajadu=The husband of a widow, Onolu ife nolu enyi=He who swallowed the animal that swallowed an elephant,Ogboo ogu=The one who stops the war,Odum egbo judah=The lion of judah,Obata uno adi nma=The peace maker,Chi nke ime enuigwe=God of the most deepest of the heavens,Gagaa na ogwu=He who steps on thorns and came out unhurt,Ogbata obie=He who puts my problems to a stop when he arrives,Igwe ora=King of the universe,Igbe na eche ndu=The steel box that keeps my life safe,Ogaranya ngada-nga=Richer than the richest.

My favourite is UGWU ANA ALI ATU EGWU. Gives me chills !

1 Like

Re: Your Favourite(s) Igbo Praise Names For God by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:45am On May 10, 2012
Oti nbodo nbo= He who proclaims his arrival with thundrous sounds.
Dike ndikele-le=Great man of all greatness.
Re: Your Favourite(s) Igbo Praise Names For God by Mizgrace(f): 6:56am On Oct 19, 2015
Fashionable people of God. Checkout to read about fashion and life. http://www.gracenaija.com.ng
Re: Your Favourite(s) Igbo Praise Names For God by Chizzyblinks(f): 11:48pm On Oct 19, 2015
Odogwo n'agha-great warrior,jesus otu mkpuru rice n'eju ite.
Re: Your Favourite(s) Igbo Praise Names For God by jbblues24(m): 10:02pm On Jun 01, 2019
This job blew my mind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Favourite(s) Igbo Praise Names For God by RedCapChief(m): 12:32am On Aug 23, 2020
slap1:
Ibu anyi ndanda, o ji akpa ntu mere pillow, oyi na-atu mba, oke nmanwu, ogbara nkiti okwu juru n'onu, elewe ejeghi oru, oku n'agba ozara, odo mmiri Bethsaida, ugwu a na ari atu egwu, etc.

Please what's the meaning of the bolded names?
Re: Your Favourite(s) Igbo Praise Names For God by slap1(m): 9:52pm On Aug 26, 2020
RedCapChief:

Please what's the meaning of the bolded names?

1. The cold that catches nations

2. The fire that engulfs the wilderness

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

90-year-old Emir Of Daura, Faruk Umar Marries 20-year-old Bride (Pictures) / Elizabeth Odunlami: 'Ooni Enitan Ogunwusi Promised Me Marriage, Disappointed Me' / One-Year-Old Masquerade Spotted In Isolo, Lagos (Photo, Video)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.