Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? (44809 Views)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Lies Of Nigerians Living In America / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by ednut1(m): 6:38pm On Feb 17, 2019
Hotfreeze:

Lol
Most people buying land because of Refinery and Seaport have been scammed. They have bought government land from Real Estate Companies and they have nothing.

Legit land in that area don nearly finish.
be like i be victim too o. Excision in progress since 2016. Promise of allocation since 2017

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by generationz(f): 6:39pm On Feb 17, 2019
Hotfreeze:

Lol
Most people buying land because of Refinery and Seaport have been scammed. They have bought government land from Real Estate Companies and they have nothing.

Legit land in that area don nearly finish.

whaaaat?
are you for real?

why is no one speaking up about this?
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by YoungBlackRico(m): 6:39pm On Feb 17, 2019
Hotfreeze:

That place he's talking about, it's 1 and half hours drive from Lekki Phase 1.

Lagos to Abeokuta sef is less then 1 and half hours drive.
I don't know why, but this got me laughing really loud.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by generationz(f): 6:40pm On Feb 17, 2019
ednut1:
be like i be victim too o. Excision in progress since 2016. Promise of allocation since 2017

where did you buy it and how much did you pay for it?
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by Hotfreeze: 6:44pm On Feb 17, 2019
generationz:

whaaaat?
are you for real?

why is no one speaking up about this?

Talk wetin?

Since the indigenes threw the MD of Lekki Ftz inside water and drowned him some years ago, Government no dey put mouth again o.

The biggest scam in Nigeria right now is committed by Real estate companies in Ibeju-Lekki area. Thousands of investors have lost Billions there but they don't know yet.

6 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by generationz(f): 6:44pm On Feb 17, 2019
Hotfreeze:

Ha, It's been long o. Like mid 90s. Between 95 to 96. Can't remember the exact year. But what I remember was that as at that time, Langbasa was a bush with tall grasses. Land there was like 50k.

They offered 2 plots to my uncle for 70k back then but he refused. He went to Abuja where he built 2 houses.

Elrufai destroyed both.
pity

your uncle would have been a millionaire by now
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by ednut1(m): 6:45pm On Feb 17, 2019
generationz:

where did you buy it and how much did you pay for it?
elerangbe axis angry.
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by golddust6000(m): 6:45pm On Feb 17, 2019
generationz:

around what year did the eviction take place?
during maruwa time. I think 1999/2000
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by Hotfreeze: 6:45pm On Feb 17, 2019
YoungBlackRico:
I don't know why, but this got me laughing really loud.

Ijebu Ode to Eleko - 45 Mins
Eleko to Lekki Phase 1- 1and half hours

I'm not kidding.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by Hotfreeze: 6:47pm On Feb 17, 2019
ednut1:
elerangbe axis angry. Price less dan a mill den. Bt d real estate coy sell it for around 2m now. Still yeye excision in progress angry

Have they allocated your portion to you?
Try to take a surveyor there to check your portion if it's not committed land.

If it is committed, sell it!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by Hotfreeze: 6:48pm On Feb 17, 2019
generationz:

pity

your uncle would have been a millionaire by now

I tell you.

Such a pity
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by YoungBlackRico(m): 6:51pm On Feb 17, 2019
Hotfreeze:

Ijebu Ode to Eleko - 45 Mins Eleko to Lekki Phase 1- 1and half hours
I'm not kidding.
I understand you perfectly bro. grin
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by ednut1(m): 6:54pm On Feb 17, 2019
Hotfreeze:

Have they allocated your portion to you?
Try to take a surveyor there to check your portion if it's not committed land.

If it is committed, sell it!
dem never allocate o lol. Na last year i understand d paroles o. Land belongs to govt, if they later get excision they may not get all d land. So pple have lost be dat kai. Those guys bad o. But MFM has a boarding house next to the land. Na dat one gimme small comfort
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by DeLaRue: 6:55pm On Feb 17, 2019
ednut1:

Never a good idea to buy land where excision is 'in progress.'

It's a big risk. I hope it turns out well for you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by whitering: 6:59pm On Feb 17, 2019
Capensis:
The Advantages of living here in Lekki are numerous and out-weighs the disadvantages.

Advantages:
1. The Air is cleaner than the mainland because it is a Peninsular, the Atlantic Wind blows across and engages with the lagoon breeze, so you are always sure of clean air, especially in developed areas. The exception to this clean air norm is new estates that are springing up. Will be clean air after construction is perfected. Mainland air is somehow static, hardly flows.

2. What you see is what you become. When you see better-designed homes and offices than yours, you are challenged to note that you are not the wealthiest guy in town, so you end up working harder to earn more. The challenge leads to success, whereas if you are living in some mainland places, I supposed you could think you are the reigning champ.

3. The Atlantic Ocean; Nothing as great as taking a walk at the beach every weekend for me and this you can't find at the mainland, I supposed. Haven't lived on the mainland, so I don't know if there are beaches there.

4. High Networth neighbors; I suppose everyone has generators, but here, most generators are soundproof and actually big generators. We have more educated neighbors who know that these neighborhood do not need those yeye noisy generators and will look stupid if they even use such crazy stuff.

5. Until recently, we used to have educated drivers on the road, before the inflow of street guys who now drive like mor0ns and recently, I am forced to think that this once serene place will become the abode of wannabees who think Lekki is a place to live cos of hype.

6. Lekkians have more millions per sqm than any other part of the country, here the bills can make one run crazy sometimes. Sometimes a million is not enough per week but has no choice than to strategize on how to earn in billions, so we also have more billions per sqm than mainland. Probably of that guy taking a walk on the roadside in short being a billionaire is high and you'd never get to know, cos the very wealthy do not patronize the useless fashion trends.

Etc Etc ETc

Disadvantages:
1. Underground water is a salty, rusty mess. You cant drink from your borehole or bath with it, you must treat it. So, to have clean water, you need to prepare to install RO machine. It set me back over 5m to install the system to have clean water to drink, bath and cook with. Cant even wash my expensive cars with the borehole water. So, the water plant installation is not enough, you have to backwash and service the machine every 3 months, at least for mine. So it is expensive to even have water.

2. Single Stretch of Road and Deadly drivers, since the mainland guys started moving here. The government needs to construct the coastal road to help us out.

3. Taxation: Electricity & Land Use Charge levies & taxations are high, but we can almost always handle.

4. Mosquitoes here have BSc in painful bite. Be ready to research for, and install world class net system to keep these organic landlords away. They can bite if you have them in your home.

5. Gated communities and loneliness: Talk about living in homes and you do not even know the name of your neighbor or even seen his face once in many years. I am known, but I doubt if I will ever know the neighbor that owns the house across the road opposite my residence. People are either too busy or too careless about what others do, and have no time to fuccking care who the next dog is, but people are mostly nice and would love to have a drink together, but we are almost always busy except we attend Estate meetings.

6. Criminal Staff; Seems most staff you hire come prepared to steal. Some things as simple as golden wares, silver spoons, kitchen towels etc seem very fanciful to domestic staff, who are mostly from poor neighborhoods, so we always have these items missing and have to keep replacing and one wonders if we are targetted by the nation of the poor.

More disadvantages too, that is why I have decided to move to Silicon Valley, California if Buhari wins.
Well articulated.
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by Hotfreeze: 7:07pm On Feb 17, 2019
YoungBlackRico:
I understand you perfectly bro. grin

That Eleko na Ijebu.

Na Ijebu them turn to Ibeju

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by Hotfreeze: 7:09pm On Feb 17, 2019
ednut1:
dem never allocate o lol. Na last year i understand d paroles o. Land belongs to govt, if they later get excision they may not get all d land. So pple have lost be dat kai. Those guys bad o. But MFM has a boarding house next to the land. Na dat one gimme small comfort

Very correct
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by generationz(f): 7:21pm On Feb 17, 2019
Hotfreeze:

Talk wetin?

Since the indigenes threw the MD of Lekki Ftz inside water and drowned him some years ago, Government no dey put mouth again o.

The biggest scam in Nigeria right now is committed by Real estate companies in Ibeju-Lekki area. Thousands of investors have lost Billions there but they don't know yet.

wow
I always had a bad feeling about this new lands springing up around lekki

all those their adverts
close proximity to this place , close proximity to that place just felt weird

If it seems too good to be true , it probably isn't.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by Timekeeper: 7:26pm On Feb 17, 2019
whitering:
Funny you�

Boss, I'm serious.. I be correct Hustler.. Trust me bro
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by goroman: 7:35pm On Feb 17, 2019
lekki is aptly put in dis way.... the land that glitters but not gold

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by jimcaddy(m): 7:41pm On Feb 17, 2019
Lekki is different from Ibeju Lekki oo... The only Lekki I know is Lekki Phase 1

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by YoungBlackRico(m): 7:45pm On Feb 17, 2019
Hotfreeze:

That Eleko na Ijebu.

Na Ijebu them turn to Ibeju
Dem carry B put for where J dey bah? I feel you broda. grin
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Feb 17, 2019
What d difference btw atlantic view estate igbo-efon lekki

And

Sangotedo ajah pear garden estate

planning on buying a propty in one of these estate and need advice pls.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Feb 17, 2019
What d BENEFITS btw atlantic view estate igbo-efon lekki

And

Sangotedo ajah pear garden estate

Or just buy a land at chevron alt lakeview 2 and build.

planning on buying a propty in one of these estate and need advice pls. NOT PRESENTLY in nig..

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by Acidosis(m): 7:52pm On Feb 17, 2019
Quorax:
why?

There are lots of good and sane estates on the Mainland, and Magodo phase 1 is one. smiley I have been to Lekki phase 1, I have been to Magodo phase 1, and there's isn't much difference aside the fact that the former is bigger and, of course, modern. If you're looking for big men and women in the society, you will find them in both locations.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by Acidosis(m): 7:54pm On Feb 17, 2019
PrimadonnaO:

So if we marry, you'll move me to the mainland? embarassed
Yes darling smiley I knew you would see my post cheesy
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by Timekeeper: 7:56pm On Feb 17, 2019
Capensis:

Self-Employed. Venture Capitalism, Real Estate, Manufacturing etc.

Can u employ me sir? I would be glad to work for you and settle around that side......

Kindly reply sir
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by YoungBlackRico(m): 7:57pm On Feb 17, 2019
ednut1:
gringrin
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by vena92: 8:06pm On Feb 17, 2019
There are still good neighborhoods on the Mainland, In Ikeja there's Opebi,Oregun, estates on Allen and Toyin streets, Agidingbi Omole phase 1and 2,Adeniyi Jones,Alausa Ikeja GRA,Maryland Estates.
These are just a few.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by 100bands: 8:18pm On Feb 17, 2019
Capensis:
The Advantages of living here in Lekki are numerous and out-weighs the disadvantages.

Advantages:
1. The Air is cleaner than the mainland because it is a Peninsular, the Atlantic Wind blows across and engages with the lagoon breeze, so you are always sure of clean air, especially in developed areas. The exception to this clean air norm is new estates that are springing up. Will be clean air after construction is perfected. Mainland air is somehow static, hardly flows.

2. What you see is what you become. When you see better-designed homes and offices than yours, you are challenged to note that you are not the wealthiest guy in town, so you end up working harder to earn more. The challenge leads to success, whereas if you are living in some mainland places, I supposed you could think you are the reigning champ.

3. The Atlantic Ocean; Nothing as great as taking a walk at the beach every weekend for me and this you can't find at the mainland, I supposed. Haven't lived on the mainland, so I don't know if there are beaches there.

4. High Networth neighbors; I suppose everyone has generators, but here, most generators are soundproof and actually big generators. We have more educated neighbors who know that these neighborhood do not need those yeye noisy generators and will look stupid if they even use such crazy stuff.

5. Until recently, we used to have educated drivers on the road, before the inflow of street guys who now drive like mor0ns and recently, I am forced to think that this once serene place will become the abode of wannabees who think Lekki is a place to live cos of hype.

6. Lekkians have more millions per sqm than any other part of the country, here the bills can make one run crazy sometimes. Sometimes a million is not enough per week but has no choice than to strategize on how to earn in billions, so we also have more billions per sqm than mainland. Probably of that guy taking a walk on the roadside in short being a billionaire is high and you'd never get to know, cos the very wealthy do not patronize the useless fashion trends.

Etc Etc ETc

Disadvantages:
1. Underground water is a salty, rusty mess. You cant drink from your borehole or bath with it, you must treat it. So, to have clean water, you need to prepare to install RO machine. It set me back over 5m to install the system to have clean water to drink, bath and cook with. Cant even wash my expensive cars with the borehole water. So, the water plant installation is not enough, you have to backwash and service the machine every 3 months, at least for mine. So it is expensive to even have water.

2. Single Stretch of Road and Deadly drivers, since the mainland guys started moving here. The government needs to construct the coastal road to help us out.

3. Taxation: Electricity & Land Use Charge levies & taxations are high, but we can almost always handle.

4. Mosquitoes here have BSc in painful bite. Be ready to research for, and install world class net system to keep these organic landlords away. They can bite if you have them in your home.

5. Gated communities and loneliness: Talk about living in homes and you do not even know the name of your neighbor or even seen his face once in many years. I am known, but I doubt if I will ever know the neighbor that owns the house across the road opposite my residence. People are either too busy or too careless about what others do, and have no time to fuccking care who the next dog is, but people are mostly nice and would love to have a drink together, but we are almost always busy except we attend Estate meetings.

6. Criminal Staff; Seems most staff you hire come prepared to steal. Some things as simple as golden wares, silver spoons, kitchen towels etc seem very fanciful to domestic staff, who are mostly from poor neighborhoods, so we always have these items missing and have to keep replacing and one wonders if we are targetted by the nation of the poor.

More disadvantages too, that is why I have decided to move to Silicon Valley, California if Buhari wins.
Billy? wink

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Feb 17, 2019
Timekeeper:

Can u employ me sir? I would be glad to work for you and settle around that side......

Kindly reply sir

Will confirm with my HR team.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

On A Road Trip to rural America,come With Me / Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics / Incredible New Footage Shows Titanic Wreck In Highest Quality Ever (Video, Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.