Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,366 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Share Your Experience Of Extra-judicial Killings By Uniformed Men - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Share Your Experience Of Extra-judicial Killings By Uniformed Men (14230 Views)

Dapo Abiodun Calls For End To Killings By Customs Anti-Smuggling Squad In Ogun / Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme: Uniformed Policemen Kidnapped Me, Killed My Orderly / Taraba Women Protest The Recent Killings By Bandits (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Experience Of Extra-judicial Killings By Uniformed Men by daveP(m): 8:34pm On Feb 17, 2019
I guess we all are abreast of the murder done by some greedy, overconfident customs officers. And i bet we all have experiences with trigger happy officers as well, mostly over "chicken change"

A deep part of me is not satisfied with the beating given the murderer. From that clip alone, it was obvious his colleagues were ready to flee the scene before it escalated. Now someone from abroad in now in a bodybag because of #5000!!5

Years back, a friend of my younger bro was leaving lagos and they encountered some NURTW thugs. Seems their driver didn't settle the thugs or something and they contacted their fellow thugs to track him along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, so they can collect this fee.

They met these NURTW thugs aka agberos on the Ibadan expressway, and their driver ranted why he won't pay a dime, etc. And he entered his vehicle and drove off, not minding the spare tyre they removed.

These thugs gave chase on the expressway and managed to size up close to the driver's window(Like in Fast amd Furious), and gave the driver a heavy slap while hanging from the car window. That was all that started the fire needed that day.

The slap's impact made the driver lose control and the Toyota Suberu somersaulted right onto the other lane, missing a speeding, oncoming vehicle by split seconds.

Corpers alighted and sympathizers saw the Nurtw thugs still unaware of what they've caused. Only one of the 6 thugs managed to escape. Almost all the passengers in the Suberu sustain severe injuries. Corpers saw their colleague bleeding to death and that was all needed; everyone took turns beatings.

The crowd gave them the beatings of their universal lives and soon tyres were flung in their direction. It was at this point, my bro's friend could not behold it any longer. They all had to leave the gory scene about to take place. Jungle Justice!!!

Share your experience!!!

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Of Extra-judicial Killings By Uniformed Men by Yambee: 9:48pm On Feb 17, 2019
Twice God saved me.

Once as a post- graduate student years ago. Was driving this jalopy 86 honda accord, and got stopped at this Police checkpoint near the back gate of the school, which was bushy then.

I was still very young( there was no Yahoo or even the internet then) and i got asked by one of the Policemen who owned the car,and i answered jokingly that i stole it.

The next thing i heard was KPOAAA in the Air. The trigger happy Northern Police man,who i will later got to know was drunk, just shot in the Air. I died 20 times that day. I stilll shake, when i think of that day. The other Police officers wrestled his weapon from him.

Second experience. Lagos/Ore road. I will make this one very short. Remove all overseas stickers from your bags,especially if you are driving yourself home,after you fly into Nigeria.

I did not even argue with this drunk Mopol, who insisted i should empty all my bags on the side of the road for checkups. I was just praying and fasting to God that he does not shoot me.

As God will do it, a Bini boy who had just flown in and chartered one of those transport buses to himself,and was so blinged up,and kept saying MEHN MEHN, got stopped and went into argument with the Policem men there.

They looked at me,and said OGA dey go. I left there with that guy still shouting MEHN. Only God knows what eventually happened to him.

May we not die before our time. Trigger happy law enforcement personnel are for real and will kill for nothing,especially if they drunk.

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience Of Extra-judicial Killings By Uniformed Men by lonelydora: 9:48pm On Feb 17, 2019
God will not allow me or anyone close to me to have such experience.

If it's happening in front, we will be at the back; if it's happening at the back, we will be at the front. We will always be late for Tragedy.

Thank God @segalinks helped us in ending the SARS madness

99 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience Of Extra-judicial Killings By Uniformed Men by BossTtdiamonds(m): 9:49pm On Feb 17, 2019
I've always said that Nigeria kills the patriotism in Nigerians daily.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience Of Extra-judicial Killings By Uniformed Men by chocolatemom(f): 9:50pm On Feb 17, 2019
I haven't witnessed any and I don't pray to do so.may God continue to deliver us and our own from blood tasty beings looking for the blood of those to lick in the name of stray bullets or jungle justice .

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Of Extra-judicial Killings By Uniformed Men by helinues: 9:51pm On Feb 17, 2019
I never had and never pray to have

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Of Extra-judicial Killings By Uniformed Men by Pabloosas(m): 9:51pm On Feb 17, 2019
shocked
Re: Share Your Experience Of Extra-judicial Killings By Uniformed Men by Nobody: 9:52pm On Feb 17, 2019
Nigeria is a pariah state, engineered by the nonchalance of this APC govt.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience Of Extra-judicial Killings By Uniformed Men by chloride6: 9:52pm On Feb 17, 2019
Please let no one politicize this thread...

Extra judicial killings have found their way into the Nigerian narrative over the last 2 decades as a result of the dark days of the Nigerian Military coupled with poor earnings and an irritating sense of the entitlement by uniformed men..

People abeg share your experiences

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience Of Extra-judicial Killings By Uniformed Men by Dandsome: 9:52pm On Feb 17, 2019
Sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience Of Extra-judicial Killings By Uniformed Men by Okoyeebo: 9:52pm On Feb 17, 2019
You want us to talk about it so that they can track us down.

The ones reported, what did they do about it?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience Of Extra-judicial Killings By Uniformed Men by Shedrack777: 9:53pm On Feb 17, 2019
I live in a boarder. Will share my experience later
Re: Share Your Experience Of Extra-judicial Killings By Uniformed Men by idowuswap: 9:53pm On Feb 17, 2019
u must a be nuisances
Re: Share Your Experience Of Extra-judicial Killings By Uniformed Men by ipobarecriminals: 9:53pm On Feb 17, 2019
sad may we not see evil
Re: Share Your Experience Of Extra-judicial Killings By Uniformed Men by 9jayes: 9:53pm On Feb 17, 2019
Re: Share Your Experience Of Extra-judicial Killings By Uniformed Men by deepwater(f): 9:54pm On Feb 17, 2019
Customs killed a man becos of five thousand naira

This actually change everything about me today!

Watch the video below

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DeH54OHIqSPw&ved=2ahUKEwiS4c6u08PgAhW8VBUIHXXqBRUQwqsBMBR6BAgKEAw&usg=AOvVaw360KS3-Q6LSZybv6F0zOGQ&cshid=1550437059022

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Of Extra-judicial Killings By Uniformed Men by BOWOTO(m): 9:54pm On Feb 17, 2019
lonelydora:
God will not allow me or anyone close to me to have such experience.

If it's happening in front, we will be at the back; if it's happening at the back, we will be at the front. We will always be late for Tragedy.

Thank God @segalinks helped us in ending the SARS madness

So God allowed it happen to him?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience Of Extra-judicial Killings By Uniformed Men by Braaad: 9:54pm On Feb 17, 2019
I had a sad encounter a long time ago with an armed mopol. He just came out from the bank, siezed my phone, before I could ask what happened, the guy tear me slap o.....I tried to tell him I'm a student and ask what I've done wrong. He just cocked his gun and told me something that has always linger in my memory... "I will shoot and kill you before you finish identifying yourself as a student".

To cut the story short, he called the patrol team, picked me up took me to the station. There they tried to extort me....they asked me to call my parents or anybody to come and bail me.

I just told them I don't have anybody to come bail me....I ended up paying 1000 to bail myself. They told me they needed to give something to the guy that arrested me else he would think they collected money from me without giving his own share.

I'm over it now...but I've learnt.

8 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Of Extra-judicial Killings By Uniformed Men by IYANGBALI: 9:54pm On Feb 17, 2019
No experience

Having sex on Sunday morning before going to church, is it a sin?
Re: Share Your Experience Of Extra-judicial Killings By Uniformed Men by paddyofboss(m): 9:55pm On Feb 17, 2019
Buhari

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Of Extra-judicial Killings By Uniformed Men by TechCapon(m): 9:58pm On Feb 17, 2019
grin
Re: Share Your Experience Of Extra-judicial Killings By Uniformed Men by Mzee1Kahuna(m): 9:58pm On Feb 17, 2019
Odara bee

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor And His Secretary Kidnapped During Vigil In Plateau State / Robbed With Paycom Nigeria Pos. / Be Warned! Dont Fall A Victim Of This Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.