Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,008 members, 7,814,440 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

Why Nairaland Need A Total Restructuring Especially This Section - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Why Nairaland Need A Total Restructuring Especially This Section (1421 Views)

Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? / Table At “dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland” Need To Be Fixed / Why Nairaland Will Continue To Blossom, No Matter What You Say About It's Design (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nairaland Need A Total Restructuring Especially This Section by Nobody: 10:46pm On Feb 17, 2019
In 21st century that we are now. I don't expect nairaland to the same from what it is then.
I noticed a lot of things which is going on here that is not making one of the most visited indigenous site(nairaland) a better forum

1. Emoji has changed a lot but on nairaland it's still the same which is really bad( bad Emoji's)
2. Scammer and Ponzi scheme are all over everywhere
3. Moderators are not trying their best to make the forum better
4. Nairaland need a very good app and a very cool and mind-blowing site
5. WhatsApp groups etc should not be allowed
Mr seun I believe with the knowledge you have try and think outside the box and make nairaland better.
Sir you can make it better than Reddit if you are ready to do it.

1 Like

Re: Why Nairaland Need A Total Restructuring Especially This Section by afonja112: 7:35am On Feb 18, 2019
Many have said similar stuffs to this, seun will never listen.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nairaland Need A Total Restructuring Especially This Section by Kingrapha(m): 9:56am On Feb 18, 2019
Honestly I hate looking at the aesthetics of this forum..... it should be completely changed...

other features apart from what you mentioned...

* Direct messaging

* Down voting or disliking options... (one of the reasons like Reddit)

* Post Verification.

* Better Bot activity.

but they will never do it, since 2005, this is 2019 and every thing is the same, that's the problem with Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nairaland Need A Total Restructuring Especially This Section by okwabayi(m): 10:37am On Feb 18, 2019
If this forum survives till 2023 I guarantee it will look the same way.
The only thing this place has is the amount of Nigerian based users who frequent it.
If somewhere else gathers the same amount the masses here will port in droves.
It’ll make the exodus from 2go look mild in comparison.
Re: Why Nairaland Need A Total Restructuring Especially This Section by asalimpo(m): 11:22am On Feb 18, 2019
Kingrapha:
Honestly I hate looking at the aesthetics of this forum..... it should be completely changed...

* Direct messaging

* Post Verification.

* Better Bot activity.

but they will never do it, since 2005, this is 2019 and every thing is the same, that's the problem with Nigerians.
if you go bck to threads of 4/5+ yrs ago, a heated debate arose about adding a DISlike feature. Having like only is hypocritcl. Thread ran. Died. Dissapeared.
- direct messaging has been brought up manytimes ,same with real time private chat .
Re: Why Nairaland Need A Total Restructuring Especially This Section by asalimpo(m): 11:30am On Feb 18, 2019
okwabayi:
The only thing this place has is the amount of Nigerian based users who frequent it.
i thought 2go had shutdwn completely but i was suprised wen i saw them on d playstore.
Re: Why Nairaland Need A Total Restructuring Especially This Section by hubtiva: 11:40am On Feb 18, 2019
Well u can ask hime to cunsult webdesign company in nigeria

Re: Why Nairaland Need A Total Restructuring Especially This Section by asalimpo(m): 11:45am On Feb 18, 2019
The problem with NL is tht,it's run as a personal business rather than as a corporate entity like stackoverflow,facebook,instagram ,reddit,youtube etc. Taking it to a higher level will cost more, more employees, more professionalism etc. More serious professional managemnt strategizing with greater foresight. This goes beyond a single person,tweaking code in his room nd pushing it to a server. It can never work that way. Until NL breaks out from its present managerial mindset,it'll b stuck in d mud for d foreseable future. 2) there isnt much competition to it. If nL were facing keen competition,it wud either die or improve. Whatever would compete would need a long time to gain enough following to b a threat. Say 5(short)-10yrs. Who has tht patience? Besides,tht one too may fall into the managemnt mindset seun has and b doomed from d strt.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nairaland Need A Total Restructuring Especially This Section by meobizy(f): 9:29am On Feb 19, 2019
asalimpo:

i thought 2go had shutdwn completely but i was suprised wen i saw them on d playstore.
2go has users from a lot of countries.
Don’t forget it was not created by Nigerians.
I believe the Nigerian rooms got empty but the ones run for other nationalities still stayed active.
It won’t surprise me if the software is a huge deal somewhere in Thailand.
Indians are also good at patronizing software.
Re: Why Nairaland Need A Total Restructuring Especially This Section by Nobody: 1:54pm On Feb 19, 2019
afonja112:
Many have said similar stuffs to this, seun will never listen.
Nairaland has been existing for over ten years still no changes. If this was how mark Zuckerberg run Facebook would it be what it is now.. I just don't know Mr seun problem oooo
Re: Why Nairaland Need A Total Restructuring Especially This Section by Nobody: 2:00pm On Feb 19, 2019
asalimpo:
The problem with NL is tht,it's run as a personal business rather than as a corporate entity like stackoverflow,facebook,instagram ,reddit,youtube etc. Taking it to a higher level will cost more, more employees, more professionalism etc. More serious professional managemnt strategizing with greater foresight. This goes beyond a single person,tweaking code in his room nd pushing it to a server. It can never work that way. Until NL breaks out from its present managerial mindset,it'll b stuck in d mud for d foreseable future. 2) there isnt much competition to it. If nL were facing keen competition,it wud either die or improve. Whatever would compete would need a long time to gain enough following to b a threat. Say 5(short)-10yrs. Who has tht patience? Besides,tht one too may fall into the managemnt mindset seun has and b doomed from d strt.
We keep saying there is no jobs when Mr seun can provide by expanding nairaland to becoming a big company.. it's too much confidence that kills friendster and Myspace.. He has to change the narrative of nairaland being personal business and make it BIG
Re: Why Nairaland Need A Total Restructuring Especially This Section by Nobody: 2:07pm On Feb 19, 2019
okwabayi:
I just don't know our problem is in Africa, we just don't want to make changes even when needed.. If someone can build app like Reddit( not by copying) and has a very good features.. A lot of people will just dump Nairaland

2 Likes

Re: Why Nairaland Need A Total Restructuring Especially This Section by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 19, 2019
Kingrapha:

* Direct messaging

* Post Verification.

* Better Bot activity.

We just don't want to change maybe he believes no forum Can beat nairaland.. I pity him
Re: Why Nairaland Need A Total Restructuring Especially This Section by Nobody: 8:20pm On Feb 19, 2019
Mr seun is a stingy aka gum shy introverted unrealistic cave minded rigid narcissist low leveled programmer guy who got lucky in 2005 to create something that would buy him a car and a wife.
That sokething will later fall before 2023- 2025

4 Likes

Re: Why Nairaland Need A Total Restructuring Especially This Section by Nobody: 9:10pm On Feb 19, 2019
modestbrowser:
Mr seun is a stingy aka gum shy introverted unrealistic cave minded rigid narcissist low leveled programmer guy who got lucky in 2005 to create something that would buy him a car and a wife.
He saw the opportunity of the internet when Facebook was just coming to light. he capitalised on it and founded this forum, but Facebook turn into a big platform whereas nairaland is still the same. SAME DESIGN EVERYTHING THE SAME NOTHING CHANGE...SMH
Re: Why Nairaland Need A Total Restructuring Especially This Section by Olumyco(m): 9:37am On Feb 20, 2019
Well you guys can check https://www.rhitten.com

Its 3 in 1. Article publishing, blogging and forum interaction
Re: Why Nairaland Need A Total Restructuring Especially This Section by Olumyco(m): 9:38am On Feb 20, 2019
Tella360:

I just don't know our problem is in Africa, we just don't want to make changes even when needed.. If someone can build app like Reddit( not by copying) and has a very good features.. A lot of people will just dump Nairaland

Rhitten is there now for people to use. Its cool

https://www.rhitten.com
Re: Why Nairaland Need A Total Restructuring Especially This Section by okwabayi(m): 10:38am On Feb 20, 2019
modestbrowser:
It may last as long as then but no one should expect to see changes.
I was on another thread where I read forums which pay for participation in cryptocurrency are now opening.
All it takes is our hungry bloggers to port there and this community will die a natural death.
I guess the admin has fallen into complacency, he is satisfied with what he built and sees no reason for improvement.
It is an African curse.
A lot of our leaders suffer it.

Tella360:

We keep saying there is no jobs when Mr seun can provide by expanding nairaland to becoming a big company.. it's too much confidence that kills friendster and Myspace.. He has to change the narrative of nairaland being personal business and make it BIG
He knows very well if he tries this he'll get sacked by the new board of directors.
I'm sure you've heard of business owners who went public but got fired eventually for lack of innovation.
A Nigerian man can not live with the associated shame.
Going public means putting your original business idea into the hands of others who sometimes are more passionate about it than you.
Employing moderators gave him a first taste of such experience.
Re: Why Nairaland Need A Total Restructuring Especially This Section by okwabayi(m): 10:41am On Feb 20, 2019
Tella360:

He saw the opportunity of the internet when Facebook was just coming to light. he capitalised on it and founded this forum, but Facebook turn into a big platform whereas nairaland is still the same. SAME DESIGN EVERYTHING THE SAME NOTHING CHANGE...SMH
Is it not a reflection of the Nigerian environment as a whole?
We jubilated when we discovered oil, hoping it'll skyrocket the standard of living for the average Nigerian.
Fast forward forty plus years later, the country is still stagnant and the masses are suffering.
Re: Why Nairaland Need A Total Restructuring Especially This Section by eliash11: 11:12am On Feb 20, 2019
Olumyco:

Rhitten is there now for people to use. Its cool

https://www.rhitten.com
All I see is medium, do we really need another medium
Re: Why Nairaland Need A Total Restructuring Especially This Section by asalimpo(m): 8:06pm On Feb 27, 2019
meobizy:

2go has users from a lot of countries.
Don’t forget it was not created by Nigerians.
I believe the Nigerian rooms got empty but the ones run for other nationalities still stayed active.
It won’t surprise me if the software is a huge deal somewhere in Thailand.
Indians are also good at patronizing software.
Actually, it's a south African thing. Proudly, south African, you may say.
Re: Why Nairaland Need A Total Restructuring Especially This Section by asalimpo(m): 9:06pm On Feb 27, 2019
Tella360:

Nigerian s don't have a maintenance / perseverance culture. So building d app/forum is one thing. Maintaining it to a high level is another. Listening to users and adjusting is another. Certainly not a one man thing. It will b expensive time n money wise.

1 Like

Re: Why Nairaland Need A Total Restructuring Especially This Section by asalimpo(m): 9:12pm On Feb 27, 2019
okwabayi:

Is it not a reflection of the Nigerian environment as a whole?
We jubilated when we discovered oil, hoping it'll skyrocket the standard of living for the average Nigerian.
Fast forward forty plus years later, the country is still stagnant and the masses are suffering.
The country didn't stagnate. It was re-stratified into two classes. Like in the mediaeval times: they were the Lord's and d serfs. The political ruling class and d subjects they rule over. For d ruling class,life couldn't b better. They live heaven on earth. It's is d none ruling class that r complaining.
Re: Why Nairaland Need A Total Restructuring Especially This Section by asalimpo(m): 9:21pm On Feb 27, 2019
okwabayi:

It may last as long as then but no one should expect to see changes.
I was on another thread where I read forums which pay for participation in cryptocurrency are now opening.
All it takes is our hungry bloggers to port there and this community will die a natural death.
I guess the admin has fallen into complacency, he is satisfied with what he built and sees no reason for improvement.
It is an African curse.
A lot of our leaders suffer it.

He knows very well if he tries this he'll get sacked by the new board of directors.
I'm sure you've heard of business owners who went public but got fired eventually for lack of innovation.
A Nigerian man can not live with the associated shame.
Going public means putting your original business idea into the hands of others who sometimes are more passionate about it than you.
Employing moderators gave him a first taste of such experience.

He can work things out so that he avoids d pitfalls. Get a controlling interest in d company. Be d CEO but leave other tasks to management. Delegate more. Or keep it private but run it so, he doesn't need to go public. If goes public,what is his value proposition? How much time does it papa and mama spend on Nairaland? How long does the average nl user, stay on d site? What about d competition? How likely are d features of nl to b imitated by a competitor?
Re: Why Nairaland Need A Total Restructuring Especially This Section by asalimpo(m): 9:25pm On Feb 27, 2019
Tella360:

To b Fair, FB had funding and insights from experienced people. NL had no such thing. It was a one man show, for a long time. I think, he now has some employees.
Re: Why Nairaland Need A Total Restructuring Especially This Section by asalimpo(m): 9:35pm On Feb 27, 2019
modestbrowser:
There's a reason why I think, he has a very strong advantage n may b around way past d next 10 years. First,it's a the largest Nigerian community ,I think. It's market is Nigerians so,until, there's suitable competition ,it's gonna b hard to beat. The competitor must b a Nigerian,servng d Nigerian community. How many r there? Where are they?
Re: Why Nairaland Need A Total Restructuring Especially This Section by okwabayi(m): 11:11pm On Feb 27, 2019
asalimpo:

There's a reason why I think, he has a very strong advantage n may b around way past d next 10 years. First,it's a the largest Nigerian community ,I think. It's market is Nigerians so,until, there's suitable competition ,it's gonna b hard to beat. The competitor must b a Nigerian,servng d Nigerian community. How many r there? Where are they?
A homegrown competitor is not a must to empty this forum.
All we need is a forum which provides what this place does and more.
Do you think if Facebook created a more engaging platform aimed at Nigerians people won’t leave this place?
Yes, the admin has a strong advantage but he should stop depending on it alone.
This is 2019, anyone can focus on things this place does not possess to entice us.
This dislike button people have begged for since 2011, hmm.
An ignore function, nko.
I have used other forums since 2005 which had IM features built in.
He should stay there thinking smart tech people aren’t observing.
Re: Why Nairaland Need A Total Restructuring Especially This Section by okwabayi(m): 11:16pm On Feb 27, 2019
asalimpo:

To b Fair, FB had funding and insights from experienced people. NL had no such thing. It was a one man show, for a long time. I think, he now has some employees.
This is not an excuse anymore.
The tech sector, I don’t know about Naija, is highly competitive in developed nations.
If he slacks someone else will pick up very quickly.
He has the capital to hire experienced people even if they aren’t Nigerian.
If I was him I will prefer to hire non-Nigerians as they will have no reason to create a Nigerian-centric competing platform.

(1) (Reply)

VB. NET Expiration Date Alert / [Beginner Question] Where can I learn how to program In Abia State? / Joshua Agboola: 10-year-old Nigerian Programmer Who Has Developed Games And App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.